Little known OTT fact: TFN is a Duke fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']yes.[/quote]

I was talking about the 2nd question -- not sure about the first, but I'm pretty sure there's stats somewhere -- zoo might know if he's around. casey too?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']what the hell, what's assassin's creed doing on that list? it doesn't have online MP does it?[/quote]

I was thinking about the same thing for Mass Effect

Hey DB, is The Witcher any good? I t has pretty decent reviews from what I heard. I'm just worried because it was made by CDProjekt who aren't known for thier localization and voice over work.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Does sony or nintendo have an equivalent of Major Nelson?[/quote]
Nintendo has Reggie.
Sony has Kaz.

O you mean a shameless selfpromoting-whore who pretends to give a shit and know things.

Ever listen to his podcast?
He interviews some of the stupidest people, and actually pretends like he cares about the game.
I remember when he interviewed the guy for Vampire Rain and Tenchu Z.
The Major talked about how awesome these games were going to be.

No I do not think so.

Yeah dallow and TMK are good choices for Sony. I don't think it gets more official than Dr. Mario Kart. He's a doctor for crying out loud! A doctor of Mario Kart, even.

[quote name='InuFaye']Nintendo has Reggie.
Sony has Kaz.

O you mean a shameless selfpromoting-whore who pretends to give a shit and know things.

No I do not think so.[/quote]

I'd just be interested in seeing stats like the Live! top games for the week for PSN and Wii.

I know that if you're signed into PSN and someone is playing something, you can see it on their friend icon, but I'd like to be able to view that in a browser somewhere.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah dallow and TMK are good choices for Sony. I don't think it gets more official than Dr. Mario Kart. He's a doctor for crying out loud! A doctor of Mario Kart, even.[/quote]

But he's not on their payroll, you evil penguin. ;)

Reggie and Kaz don't count -- they're executives. It seems like Major Nelson is just some dude who works on Live!.

Or is Mario Kart his name. Like Dr. Jim Smith wouldn't be a doctor of Jim Smith he's just a doctor named Jim Smith. Would be an amazing coincidence that he's good at Mario Kart and just happens to also be named Mario Kart. It's all so confusing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']But he's not on their payroll, you evil penguin. ;)

Reggie and Kaz don't count -- they're executives. It seems like Major Nelson is just some dude who works on Live!.[/quote]
I think I would make a good Nintendo spokes person.

I dont know if sony or nintendo releases that info.
If they did it would be something like:

ThatTriple:
1.Warhawk
2. Resistence
3.Unreal Tournament 3

Wii:
1. Pokemon
2. Medal of Honor
3.???

[quote name='InuFaye']I dont know if sony or nintendo releases that info.
If they did it would be something like:

ThatTriple:
1.Warhawk
2. Resistence
3.Unreal Tournament 3

Wii:
1. Pokemon
2. Medal of Honor
3.???[/quote]

Guitar Hero 3 would probably be the most played online wii game.

[quote name='Number83']Hey DB, is The Witcher any good? I t has pretty decent reviews from what I heard. I'm just worried because it was made by CDProjekt who aren't known for thier localization and voice over work.[/quote]
I'm not too far into the game but the localization is kind of funny. It has this medieval setting and one of the characters in the game keeps calling keeps using the word "babe" when talking to one of the female characters. It isn't distracting it's just kind of funny.

That was a good lunch.

Half of a Quesadilla Burger, half of a Bacon Cheezburger and some Buffalo Weeengs.

Raspberry Lemonade to wash it all down.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Guitar Hero 3 would probably be the most played online wii game.[/quote]

If people could hear it.

lul.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Guitar Hero 3 would probably be the most played online wii game.[/quote]
Strikers, maybe?

[quote name='TFN']That was a good lunch.

Half of a Quesadilla Burger, half of a Bacon Cheezburger and some Buffalo Weeengs.

Raspberry Lemonade to wash it all down.[/quote]

Quesadilla Burger? That sounds tasty.

Can you imagine waking up christmas morning, opening up a box and inside it is a RECEIPT for a Wii?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165029

Nintendo, GameStop to Offer Wii 'Rain Checks'
Can't get a Wii for Christmas? You'll get one in January.

Ahhh Reggie..."We expected the Wii to perform extremely well within historic launch parameters in video game history," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "What we didn't expect was to re-write that history."

[quote name='Number83']Can you imagine waking up christmas morning, opening up a box and inside it is a RECEIPT for a Wii?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165029

Nintendo, GameStop to Offer Wii 'Rain Checks'
Can't get a Wii for Christmas? You'll get one in January.

Ahhh Reggie..."We expected the Wii to perform extremely well within historic launch parameters in video game history," said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "What we didn't expect was to re-write that history."[/quote]
I'd much rather get a piece of paper saying I'll be getting a wii soon than getting an actual 360, that's for sure.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']How long are the episodes?[/QUOTE]

According to my Steam stats, Ep1 took me 3.4 hours and Ep2 took me 6.7.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Santa hats are ghey.[/quote]

You're mistaken.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a certain peverse pleasure about jumping in front of about a dozen people in line at the post office because I already have postage on my packages and they're ready to go. :D

The dirty looks alone were worth it. :lol:[/quote]

I did the same thing today. Used the backdoor Paypal method to ship my packages to relatives and printed postage last night. Today I just went into the post office, said, "Hey, Larry, can I give you these? They're ready to go." And the long line, well, I shoulda looked at their faces, but I was in a hurry. Lost pleasure, there. ;)

[quote name='Number83']Can you imagine waking up christmas morning, opening up a box and inside it is a RECEIPT for a Wii?
[/quote]

That's a really interestingly bold move on the big N's part. I can see this being very, very popular, when parents get down to the wire and realize there will be no Wii for Christmas.

But then again...how hard will Wiis be to find after Christmas?

[quote name='munch']According to my Steam stats, Ep1 took me 3.4 hours and Ep2 took me 6.7.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. HL2 took me about 12 hours, so should my episode playing length be similar to yours?

Also, I hate that I had to use a guide twice in HL2, but I just go so fucking frustrated.

[quote name='dcfox']I'd much rather get a piece of paper saying I'll be getting a wii soon than getting an actual 360, that's for sure.[/quote]

ZING!!!

But all kidding aside, can I ask why? All three systems bring something in and of it's own to the table. The Wii is innovative with it's control, that Triple has it's Blu-Ray and graphical capabilities, and the 360 has the games and LIVE.

How could a serious gamer, such as yourself (or anyone for that matter) be so close minded as to only wanting to limit themselves to one particular platform?

I guess thats why they call it a console war, huh? :)

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Thanks, man. HL2 took me about 12 hours, so should my episode playing length be similar to yours?

Also, I hate that I had to use a guide twice in HL2, but I just go so fucking frustrated.[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right. I went for some achievements on Ep2, which may have added to my playtime (There are some fun ones). Ep2 is my favorite of them all. I can't wait for 3.

[quote name='utopianmachine']

That's a really interestingly bold move on the big N's part. I can see this being very, very popular, when parents get down to the wire and realize there will be no Wii for Christmas.

[/quote]

I agree. It is a smart move.

I iz home for holidays nao.

And I just now got to looking at some of the replies to that pc build.

8600 does not suck, it just isn't the best performance for dollar value.

2gigs of ram is not needed if you're not running Vista, and I have my doubts as to whether or not you need the 2gbs in Vista anyway if you aren't running that gross Aero thing. It seems to me that people are getting their info from popular buzz rather than testing these things out for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back