Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='token2k6']so this week is really only 3 games? weaksauce..oh well, hope the Summer of Arcade starts rolling out very soon!![/QUOTE]

And the huge Music sale. I know "only" 3 games might suck compared to recent sale, but these are 2 good games and 1 decent one.

[quote name='reddjoey']And the huge Music sale. I know "only" 3 games might suck compared to recent sale, but these are 2 good games and 1 decent one.[/QUOTE]

true true..may look at Afterburner, but I would bite for sure on Scrap Metal had it been 400, 800 doesn't seem like too much of a bargain even though it is only a few months old..prefer to keep Mega Man 10 for my Wii :)

redjoey, do you think the order you have the games for Summer of Arcade are the order they're going to be released? or did you just do that in alphabetical order for now?

If you work at a major retailer that stocks xbox or MS pc stuff, it's microsoft's expertzone. You sign up, you take quizzes on easy crap like games or windows, you get points and spend on stuff there. It takes 2 or 3 months to get "expert" status if you're quick to do quizzes, newbie doesn't have nearly as good pricing as expert so it's worth it to wait.

Usually it's taboo to talk about BUT they finally introduced verification like the playstation retailer site. You have to send in a pay stub from work to actually order anything(scan-upload), before you didn't and that usually resulted in a lot of people fudging details and signing up when they shouldn't have been. I imagine they finally put it into place after the last debacle with the halo reach beta codes.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Jealous.[/QUOTE]

Don't be, working at a dieing retail corporate business is something I never want to experience again. Maybe if they squeeze us a little more they can pop up their stock 2 cents before we go under :roll:.

Anyone actually have full game impressions of Death by Cube? It got ripped by several main reviewers, but sometimes gamers have a different perspective...

Picked up Winterbottom, Rocket Riot, and Poker Smash last week.
Rocket Riot was probably my favorite, but they were all great.
Picking up MegaMan 10 this week.

I'm pretty sure people already about know this but for those who don't, unless you have a good reason to get Monkey Island™ 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge for the 360, Steam for PC is offering a pre-order deal where you get the first game for free.

The versions are essentially identical to each other. The only difference between the two is that you can use mouse and keyboard for the PC version which also supports the 360 controller.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Anyone actually have full game impressions of Death by Cube? It got ripped by several main reviewers, but sometimes gamers have a different perspective...[/QUOTE]

Just got it. It's okay. Nowhere worth $10, but a worthwhile double stick shooter for $5.

Forgot to get Chime and Poker Smash yesterday, luckily the price hadn't increased yet. Chime immediately hooked me w/ the demo, absolutely relaxing, good music, and I'm a big Tetris fan. Poker Smash was interesting and I wanted to play past the demo limitations. Also, PS should totally ensnare my wife (although I hadn't been able to get her to try the demo as she's been too busy).

Currently downloading demos for MM10, Afterburner, and Death by Cube.

So since the person never answered on the last page, does anyone know how to find discounted ms points in bulk? I'm looking to pick up anywhere from 10,000-50,000 points right now.

Quick question. When I am going to download Winterbottom, it initially says it is 400 points. Then when I go to confirm download it says it is 800. Should I continue and it will only charge me the 400?

[quote name='schuerm26']Quick question. When I am going to download Winterbottom, it initially says it is 400 points. Then when I go to confirm download it says it is 800. Should I continue and it will only charge me the 400?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the final checkout is the final price.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Nope, the final checkout is the final price.[/QUOTE]

hmm. Why am i getting the 800 price? I thought it was only 400 starting this week.

[quote name='schuerm26']hmm. Why am i getting the 800 price? I thought it was only 400 starting this week.[/QUOTE]

You're a week late. The deal ended yesterday.

Yup

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']So since the person never answered on the last page, does anyone know how to find discounted ms points in bulk? I'm looking to pick up anywhere from 10,000-50,000 points right now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mattBLiTZ']Wait, what? Elaborate. I'm in need of like like twenty thousand mspoints and want to find them at a discount before buying.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vortextk']If you work at a major retailer that stocks xbox or MS pc stuff, it's microsoft's expertzone. You sign up, you take quizzes on easy crap like games or windows, you get points and spend on stuff there. It takes 2 or 3 months to get "expert" status if you're quick to do quizzes, newbie doesn't have nearly as good pricing as expert so it's worth it to wait.

Usually it's taboo to talk about BUT they finally introduced verification like the playstation retailer site. You have to send in a pay stub from work to actually order anything(scan-upload), before you didn't and that usually resulted in a lot of people fudging details and signing up when they shouldn't have been. I imagine they finally put it into place after the last debacle with the halo reach beta codes.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vortextk']Don't be, working at a dieing retail corporate business is something I never want to experience again. Maybe if they squeeze us a little more they can pop up their stock 2 cents before we go under :roll:.[/QUOTE]

I used to work for GameStop and then later GameCrazy, I'm really just jealous that they expert zone gives away points now!

Only picking up After Burner Climax (already have MM10). Death By Cube looks good, but it feels very reminiscent of smash tv / robotron looking at youtube videos.

Cool, I'll be picking up some Lips songs. Can't wait for the summer arcade games. Wish they would announce the release dates already.

Damn these sales! Got MM 10 & Afterbunner.

Any idea on price/day of Castlevania? I can't wait for that. Bought Symphony of the Night on like what the 3rd console version(?WHAT? PS1, PSP and now 360, couldn't resist it at 400 space bucks) and it once again has me sucked into 10+ hours, so I am pumped for a new one.

Afterburner is awesome for 5 bucks. And this is coming from a person that hates any games where a plane is involved. Now if only there was a way to get the sweet motion arcade cabinet into my room...

I think I'll probably pick up Scrap Metal at that price. I liked the demo but didn't want to pay $15 for it. $10 is much more palatable. 400 points for Mega Man 10 is a steal, but I've got that on the Wii and don't need to get it again. If you don't have it, though, I'd definitely pick that up at that price!

Picked up After Burner and Mega Man. I almost wish they'd stop running such good DotW so I wouldn't have to keep buying MS Points cards.

Loving the RB deals. Sadly, I already have most of the older stuff, so it looks like I won't be getting much. I would love deals like these (music game dlc) more often.

Almost bought that AFI pack a couple of days ago, will pick it up and pass the savings on to either Monkey Island 2 or DeathSpank.

[quote name='RudyPants']Might grab Pearl Jam Ten for $10.[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY do! :applause:

I bought it for PS3 for full price ($17.99 when it first came out), and it's worth every cent! To this day, it's probably my favorite album of the 90's, and one of my top 5 favorite albums of all time! I can't go 2 or 3 days out of my life without hearing "Alive"! ;)

These deals of the week are killing my wallet. Picked up Mega Man 10, the Blink182 pack, the Who pack and Ten this week. I picked up PB Winterbottom and Puzzle Quest 2 last week and most of Summer of Arcade (probably all if they have a points-back deal like the last 2 years) and Monkey Island 2 are upcoming purchases.

I'd recommend Blood Sugar Sex Magik to anyone that hasn't picked it up already and enjoys the Chili Peppers even a little bit. Most of the songs make for great Rock Band music.

I picked up the Slipknot, Blink 182 and AFI packs. The first two had the proper dropped price and the AFI didn't have proper price yet. I didn't notice until after I had already purchased it.

[quote name='jp0213']I picked up the Slipknot, Blink 182 and AFI packs. The first two had the proper dropped price and the AFI didn't have proper price yet. I didn't notice until after I had already purchased it.[/QUOTE]

Call Microsoft, sometimes they can be pretty decent about things like that. I remember when they had that free Undertow giveaway (as an apology for Live service issues) a while back I had already bought it and they reimbursed me with the equivalent points. Decent chance they do something like that here, I'd think...

It was only like 200 points. Not worth the hassle in my mind. I was going to buy all 3 of those Friday until I got lucky enough to see the post on here about the liveapolooza. I finally got a 360 again and wanted to get up-to-date on my Rock Band list. Not a bad idea though, just not worth the effort to me.

Has anyone checked to see if the individual songs in those discounted song packs are also on sale(i.e. the 3 Green Day songs possibly listed at 80 pts each instead of 160) and not just the packs only?

[quote name='bengalboy']Has anyone checked to see if the individual songs in those discounted song packs are also on sale(i.e. the 3 Green Day songs possibly listed at 80 pts each instead of 160) and not just the packs only?[/QUOTE]

Didn't check but this is very unlikely. I'd guess it'll only be discounted for the full packs.

Probably in for Megadeth's stuff on RB as well as Mega Man 10, although buying the CCR Rock Band pack today took a chunk out of my points cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back