Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='probin74243']Never played the first one, but I have a good feeling I'll like this. Definitely trying the demo. Also, the new Ninjabee game and Toy Soldiers DLC today!

Nice shirt, btw.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't resist going ahead and downloading PQ2 tonight. I really like it.

Thanks for the compliments about the shirt. :D

Anyone have a good site where I can learn about poker? I like Poker Smash a lot, but I don't know anything about the actual game, so I was only really able to do three, four, and five of a kind.

Blargh, I want to get PB Winterbottom but my gold account is suspended until the 12th. Chime is awesome, there is no reason to pass it up for 3 bucks.

I have no space on hard drive for Chime but will still get it for $3 and I will download it onto a usb once I get one. Anyone know where i can get a 16gb for cheap?

Just bought Chime (how could I not for $3!), and may also buy Defense Grid as well. I couldn't have picked a better time to be a new Xbox 360 owner! With Castlevania: SOTN, Castle Crashers, Zombie Apocalypse, and Poker Smash on sale, I'm having a blast!

Plus I bought Puzzle Quest 2, and am hooked!

On Xbox for Major's Minute...

Deal of Week for July 5
Megaman 10 400pts
Afterburner Climax 400pts
Scrap Metal 800pts

LIVEapalooza (last July 6-12)
Rock Band
AFI Pack 1
Blink Pack 2
Boston Pack 1
Distubed Pack 1
Foo Fighters Colour and the Shape album
Going Country pack 1
Green Day pack 1
Killers Pack 1
Megadeath Peace Sells Album
Metallica Pack 1
Nirvana Pack 1
Oasis Wonderwall
Pearl Jam Backspacer Album
Pearl Jam Ten Album
Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik Album
Slipknot Pack 1
Tom Petty Live Pack 1
Weezer Buddy Holly
Best of Who
Wolfmother Pack 1

GH
Another Way to Die Jack While
California Queen Wolfmother
Classic Rock 2 Track Pack
Cut Your Hair Pavement
Drive Incubus
Eagles Track Pack
Life in the Fast Lane The Eagles
Metallica Death Magnetic Album
Motorhead Track Pack
MonKey Gone to Heaven the Pixies
Negative Creep Nirvana
New Slang The Shins
New Wave Against Me!
No Rain Blind Melon
Killers Track Pack
Rolling Stones Live Track Pack
Silversun Pickups Track Pack
Vagrant Records Track Pack
Vampire Weekend Track Pack
Victory Records Track Pack

Lips
Achy Breaky Heart Billy Ray Cyrus
Bust a Move Young MC
Cardigans Track Pack
Colbie Caillet Song Pack
Coldplay Song Pack
Creedance Clearwater Revival Song Pack
Fallin Alicia Keys
Give a Little Big Supertramp
Linger Cranberries
Marvin Gaye Song Pack
New Edition Song Pack
Paula Abdul Song Pack
Shake It Metro Station
Snow Patrol Song Pack
So What Pink
Supremes Song Pack
Take On Me A-Ha
Temptations Song Pack
You Get What You Give New Radicals
You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin Righteous Bros

Definitely in for Megaman (finally :D)

Surprised megaman 10 is going on sale before 9 (unless 9 was on sale and I missed it). Already have both so it doesn't matter either way.

I might be in for Scrap Metal / After Burner, but I don't remember caring for the demo for the former. Have to redownload those. Will also have to check out what's in some of those RB packs. And here I was not wanting to spend any more points for a while.

[quote name='eastx']Glad I waited on Megaman 10 and Afterburner Climax. Awesome deals.[/QUOTE]

This! Even though I hate the D-pad on the 360 controller :bomb:, the cheap-o in me will probably get Mega Man 10 for the 360 instead of the Wii as Nintendo never discounts anything. Unless some other CAG can verify that it's completely unplayable with this D-pad.

Besides, you get better picture quality on the 360 and Achievements. If the d-pad really bothers you, check out the Hori pad EX2:

41UDVz%2BJm8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Pad-EX-Turbo-Blue/dp/B002LT24CK

It's got the best d-pad of any Xbox 360 controller and it's also great for fighting games thanks to the 6-button layout. It still has triggers and bumpers in the normal places, too.

LIVEAPALOOZA deets. up to 50% off songs/packs.

Xbox.com
/en-US/community/events/liveapalooza/default.htm

(sorry. too new to post links apparently)

I love that Microsoft is doing multiple games per week now in the DotW.

I'll probably be in for megaman and afterburner.

maybe the head of who decides what the deals are got replaced. when this deal of the week started it was almost always pure shit. kudos to microsoft for making deal of the week a DEAL.

[quote name='murph17']LIVEAPALOOZA deets. up to 50% off songs/packs.

Xbox.com
/en-US/community/events/liveapalooza/default.htm

(sorry. too new to post links apparently)[/QUOTE]

Here you go, man. LIVEAPALOOZA!

[quote name='lolwut?']Anyone have a good site where I can learn about poker? I like Poker Smash a lot, but I don't know anything about the actual game, so I was only really able to do three, four, and five of a kind.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need to know too much about actual poker to be good at this, it's mostly just a matter of memorizing 8 different patterns and moving the cards around to match those. I just ran across this in-progress strategy guide that might give you a little more in-depth info specific to Poker Smash though:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57430

Sorry guys out running errands all day. I will update shortly

Updated. I'll add more info to the music sale when I find more info or MN posts about it.

FYI: Death By Cube is only the list next week for Japan, so those interested cross your fingers

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade3D']In for Megaman, do you think the individual songs will be on sale as well? or just the packs?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, just the packs.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Here you go, man. LIVEAPALOOZA![/QUOTE]

Wow. That's a lot of good DLC, and stuff that's never been marked down before (and may never be again). Works for me - Pearl Jam and RHCP make me happy. :)

Checking the RB songs on sale, and I have to wonder. For the Peace Sells album, is the song Peace Sells actually not included? It would appear that way from reading the description.

[quote name='JStryke']Checking the RB songs on sale, and I have to wonder. For the Peace Sells album, is the song Peace Sells actually not included? It would appear that way from reading the description.[/QUOTE]

It is one of the songs on the Rock Band 2 disc.

I must say that this list of songs on sale really makes me wish that my Rock Band and GH instruments and games were on 360 instead of PS3.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']It is one of the songs on the Rock Band 2 disc.

I must say that this list of songs on sale really makes me wish that my Rock Band and GH instruments and games were on 360 instead of PS3.[/QUOTE]

Ah, silly me. Thanks for the clarification. Admittedly, it's a bit impossible to keep track of the RB DLC. Not that it helps that I haven't played it in a while either.

Wow, I've got Mega Man 10 for the Wii, but for $5 I'll double dip for sure. That and Afterburner Climax for sure, was going to buy it when it was $10 and never got around to it.

After Burner Climax is worth the $5, got it for $10 when it came out. Will most likely get Mega Man 10 for $5 :)

Wow! These Deal of the Weeks have been insane lately! Afterburner and MM 10 already??? I'm getting spoiled by so many top notch and newly released XBLA games. Now I have a backlog of Arcade games in addition to my backlog of disc games.

Kudos to you Microsoft for these sales.

Damn, I bought Megaman 10 and Scrap Metal at full price, and have yet to touch either of them lol. Oh well, picking up After Burner next week, always loved playing After Burner in the arcade at our local skating rink!

Also hoping the individual tracks from packs on the Rock Band sale will be discounted as well, I have random tracks from the Nirvana Pack and RHCP album due to the Pepsi promotion from last summer, either way interested in a couple others, that Megadeth album is finally mine!

Here's hoping Mega Man 10 on PSN will be on sale soon. Usually on the Capcom games when 1 goes on sale, the other version follows sometime in the next month.

I have 9 on PSN and would rather play Mega Man on the PS3 controller instead of hooking up my fightpad to play the 360 version.

[quote name='eastx']Besides, you get better picture quality on the 360 and Achievements. If the d-pad really bothers you, check out the Hori pad EX2:

41UDVz%2BJm8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Pad-EX-Turbo-Blue/dp/B002LT24CK

It's got the best d-pad of any Xbox 360 controller and it's also great for fighting games thanks to the 6-button layout. It still has triggers and bumpers in the normal places, too.[/QUOTE]

The Mad Catz fightpads are also good for XBLA games unless you need both analog sticks. As long as it just uses the D-Pad, you're fine.

I'm in for After Burner Climax and Mega Man 10. Had to pass on Darwinia+ as I seriously doubt i'd ever play it..it's the only game i've passed on that is on sale and that says alot lol. Anyways, am getting more Rock Band content (woo hoo!) and maybe even gh5. Megadeth, Nirvana...need I say more?!!

Afterburner will be mine!!! Also, I think I will pcik up some RB tracks. I have a 4000 point card from Dell, I haven't open yet.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The Mad Catz fightpads are also good for XBLA games unless you need both analog sticks. As long as it just uses the D-Pad, you're fine.[/QUOTE]
Until the dpad wears out in 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back