Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an older quote from another CAG that said it has since been patched that anyone can rank-up w/o the DLC

EDIT:

Here it is

[quote name='simmias']

I'm pretty sure that since the last update, EVERYONE can get to rank 50, DLC or not. Originally you could only do it if you had either Sinclair Solutions or Rapture Metro. You can only get the rebirth achievement with Rapture Metro, though.[/QUOTE]

I put it back in the DLC post

Bloody Good Time isn't really any of those things.

More importantly it's a brand new game and I was only able to find 3 online matches. What's more annoying is that trying to try out the online mode failed since first I couldn't find a game with the one map you can try, then the next game was the right map but full, then the next game was the right map but for some reason it said it wasn't.

Not a good sign when a primarily online game has a fairly dead online community it's first week.

I can't believe Bloody Good Time is being seriously considered by some people. It's easily the worst game on XBLA. It makes Yaris look like Bioshock. There are Indie games for a dollar that blow that game away. I don't understand how it even ended up on the marketplace.

So I downloaded about 4000 points worth of Rock Band songs but I didn't get my 800 points. I know some people were saying they got theirs almost instantly, but I would understand if I had to wait (which the OP implies).

Just wanted to know if I'll get them points! Thanks.

[quote name='Mongoose07']So I downloaded about 4000 points worth of Rock Band songs but I didn't get my 800 points. I know some people were saying they got theirs almost instantly, but I would understand if I had to wait (which the OP implies).

Just wanted to know if I'll get them points! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Here's the explicit terms of the promo:

Purchase at least 2400 Microsoft Points worth of Xbox LIVE Arcade and/or Game add-on content between 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) October 1 and 11:59 pm EST October 31, 2010 and receive 800 Microsoft Points added automatically to your membership. Limit one gift per person. The free points will be deposited automatically into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow four weeks for delivery, on or around November 30, 2010.

According to that, no one should be getting their points before November 1st, at the earliest.

[quote name='BingoBrown']According to that, no one should be getting their points before November 1st, at the earliest.[/QUOTE]The last times they've done this, they didn't start depositing points until the end of the month after it ended.

I'd be surprised if we saw any points being deposited before 11/30, though we'll start seeing it towards the middle of the coming month.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Sucks that you can't buy the Street Fighter II Pinball FX table. It's been broken since at least the launch of Pinball FX2, I believe.[/QUOTE]

you can buy it now

[quote name='clickpow']you can buy it now[/QUOTE]

Yep, it went live again sometime yesterday evening. I decided to just try downloading it again for the heck of it, and it worked. It's a really fun table, although I have some trouble figuring out how to "fight" an opponent.

The Street Fighter II table wasn't showing being available on Xbox.com either, but sometime last night this was fixed as well. I guess it all correlates.

God i cant wait for Yugioh, i just hope it has custom characters/avatar's though. I dont feel like playing as a generic red-hatted douche like in the PSP games.

Is Risk worthwhile? I loathe vanilla board game risk but this has a neat charm and seems to lean more towards scenarios. Anyone know if local coop/battle is decent?

Does anyone know what the future deal of the weeks will be? I have a few games in mind to reach the 2400 points but I dont want to purchase anything that will be on sale soon.

[quote name='JoNJoN']Does anyone know what the future deal of the weeks will be? I have a few games in mind to reach the 2400 points but I dont want to purchase anything that will be on sale soon.[/QUOTE]

Reading the OP is a great and wonderful thing. :)

[quote name='JoNJoN']Does anyone know what the future deal of the weeks will be? I have a few games in mind to reach the 2400 points but I dont want to purchase anything that will be on sale soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JoNJoN']Lol I did read it, I was hoping someone had a bigger crystal ball.[/QUOTE]

Well JoN, if you read reddjoey's original post carefully it states:

During the month of October, spend 2400 Microsoft Points on Arcade games and/or game add-ons and you’ll get 800 Microsoft Points added to your membership as a thank-you gift.

If you want to receive those 800 MS points, today is when you should decide what you want to purchase. I hope this clears up your confusion :)

[quote name='dgwillia006']God i cant wait for Yugioh, i just hope it has custom characters/avatar's though. I dont feel like playing as a generic red-hatted douche like in the PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you have to play as the red hat guy. The only ones that let you change it are the DS ones. Freaken sucks :(
I really hope KoF02UM counts for the 800 and that I get the 800 right away. Really looking forward to Yugioh.

I'm interested in trying out the demo of that Yu-gi-oh. My hubby and I play Magic: The Gathering (the card game and, of course, the XBLA game), so it will be interesting trying another popular game.

Personally, I wish Nintendo would make another Pokemon Trading Card game, ideally for the DS, but they don't seem hot on that idea.

[quote name='JoNJoN']Lol I did read it, I was hoping someone had a bigger crystal ball.[/QUOTE]

Allow me to chime in. I get my info from several sources:

1. Xbox.com's DotW page (both US and JP). Ocaasionally JP would list several weeks in advance but that hasn't happened for a while
2. MajorNelson's blog. He posts a ucoming content/sale post every other week on Tues or Wednesday (this is my primary source as of late)
3. Often times magazines (like OXM) or blogs (Kotaku or Joystiq or 1UP) get their hands on a monthly sale list, bust that hasn't happened much lately. The new OXM should be out after 11/4's Kinect embargo, so there's a chance there.

Now, none of those souces have coughed any info past next week. I am not sure MN will publish the upcoming sales since Kinect is launching this week and he will be in NYC. Rest assured, when I get info I will post it here

I don't like the new update but I'll get used to it.

Anyways, the deals are live. Already bought and currently downloading Blade Kitten.

[quote name='genfuyung']I can't believe Bloody Good Time is being seriously considered by some people. It's easily the worst game on XBLA. It makes Yaris look like Bioshock. There are Indie games for a dollar that blow that game away. I don't understand how it even ended up on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was ok actually, at 400 points I may pick it up. Come on dude it's better than Yaris !! :)

[quote name='vlv723']I don't like the new update but I'll get used to it.

Anyways, the deals are live. Already bought and currently downloading Blade Kitten.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That white is so distracting.

I just bought Snoopy Flying Ace and Risk Factions. I almost messed up and bought the Suppertime of Destruction Pack instead of Snoopy. I would've been pissed. I guess this week's deals went live earlier due to the update. They usually won't go live until later in the morning.

I went ahead and bought Snoopy Flying Ace, Risk Factions, and Blade Kitten. Just like that, another 1600 Microsoft Points card has gone poof. I still need to get Super Meat Boy while it's on sale at 800 Microsoft Points too!

Hopefully Microsoft has some more great Deal of the Week's planned for the next two months. I look forward to seeing what they put up for the Christmas sale.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Personally, I wish Nintendo would make another Pokemon Trading Card game, ideally for the DS, but they don't seem hot on that idea.[/QUOTE]

My kids would explode if this happened, so best that it doesn't. :)

Anyway, everybody should pick up Snoopy Flying Ace. It's really a fun little dog fighting game, with a fun, albeit short, single player campaign, and actually the campaign can be played entirely coop too, which is fun. I played through it that way with one of my sons and we had a blast. Online seemed to sometimes stutter when I started it initially, but then would clear up in a few seconds and was a lot of fun. I haven't played in a few months, but there were plenty of people online then. I didn't play a lot of online, but what little I did was a blast. I need to go back and play through the campaign in my account to get the achievements. Anyway, it's definitely worth 5 bucks!

Snoopy for me this week. For those on the fence, it has avatar awards, if you're into that kind of thing.

Unsure about Risk: Factions. I think I'll check out the GiantBomb quick look before I decide.

[quote name='reddjoey']Rest assured, when I get info I will post it here[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for running this thread, reddjoey. I know many CAGs, including myself, really appreciate the work you put into it. Definitely the best place on the interwebs for keeping up to date with XBL sales.

Got Snoopy and Blade Kitten, along with just buying KoF 2002 UM last night, and Yugioh on Wednesday, im gonna be out 2k MS points in less than 3 days @_@.

On a side note, i hate this new dashboard

on a side note, is anyone else having trouble accessing highlights from the new espn update? the sections will show clips available but when i choose them it says no content available. just wondering if this is a bug they are working out or if i have a problem on my side. i know a lot of people have had trouble downloading the espn update is why i ask....

I think I'm going to wait until the later part of the week before trying to buy anything on XBL, since I assume their network traffic to be completely hopeless for the next few days with the new system update.

In the meantime, I think I'll check out the demos of Blade Kitten, Risk Factions and Snoopy again.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think I'm going to wait until the later part of the week before trying to buy anything on XBL, since I assume their network traffic to be completely hopeless for the next few days with the new system update.

In the meantime, I think I'll check out the demos of Blade Kitten, Risk Factions and Snoopy again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the network was/is being rediculous for me. Took me 5 tries alone just to update my 360.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Got Snoopy and Blade Kitten, along with just buying KoF 2002 UM last night, and Yugioh on Wednesday, im gonna be out 2k MS points in less than 3 days @_@.

On a side note, i hate this new dashboard

[quote name='theironunkind']on a side note, is anyone else having trouble accessing highlights from the new espn update? the sections will show clips available but when i choose them it says no content available. just wondering if this is a bug they are working out or if i have a problem on my side. i know a lot of people have had trouble downloading the espn update is why i ask....[/QUOTE]

what I used of it worked fine for me. I only like/watch hockey though so I didn't do any of the main page stuff. Went all the way to the left and up to "my sports" added hockey then viewed the available highlights under there. I only watched one video but it worked fine.

There is a crap ton of updates though. Downloaded the initial ESPN download. Then it had another update before ESPN would actually launch. Then once it did launch it had another update... lol.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Does Blade Kitten get any better?

I'm playing the demo and I WANT to like it, but something just seems off.[/QUOTE]
That's how I felt too. It seemed like it was trying too hard but just never got wherever it was trying to go. The demo definitely did not inspire me to buy it. I can't see spending more than 5 dollars for some average platforming mixed in with some overblown cut scenes. Those animations would have fit perfectly into the annoying jrpg character everyone always hates.

I'm in for Snoopy. I had already bought Risk when it came out, it has a very short campaign(5 missions) but I would still recommend it for people who might not like Vanilla Risk because I think the objective based game ends up being much more dynamic and fun to play. There aren't a ton of people playing it online but there were always a few rooms open.

Snoopy, on the other hand is apparently a game I should've bought when it launched. I have no interest in flying games but for some reason the intuitive controls, fun online matches(even when I suck!) and incredibly cute aesthetic made it an easy $5 for me.

Blade Kitten I finished the demo and honestly wasn't that impressed. I found myself making fun of the main character and her mannerisms/lines more than anything else. If the game is supposed to be over the top, I can appreciate that, but it seems like everything she says ends up being some internet meme(epic get!, winnar!) that I couldn't see myself buying it even at this sale price.

Might be fun if we organized a night for Snoopy sometime this week since I see the majority of people buying it in the sale. I'd be up for some Risk too, however!

[quote name='WTPolaris']Might be fun if we organized a night for Snoopy sometime this week since I see the majority of people buying it in the sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm down

I'm liking the level designs of Blade Kitten, my main issue is that whoever wrote the character's dialogue mistakenly thought writing the character as a "kawaii" cosplayer type would be endearing, rather than annoying.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think I'm going to wait until the later part of the week before trying to buy anything on XBL, since I assume their network traffic to be completely hopeless for the next few days with the new system update.

In the meantime, I think I'll check out the demos of Blade Kitten, Risk Factions and Snoopy again.[/QUOTE]

i updated,added points, and bought Sonic Adventure with no problems. I only problem i encountered was trying to access Game Room. I wanted to demo Jackal and it wouldnt even prompt me to try the demo or buy a game.

I dont mind the new Dash really. once people get used to it, it will be an after thought. The same kind of attitude happened when its went from Blades to the old dashboard.

[quote name='reddjoey'][IMG-R=6565]17018[/IMG-R] Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:
(other sales will be listed as well)

November 1st: "Fun with Dogs and Cats" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Avatar - Pug Dog Pet - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Avatar - Black Cat Pet - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Blade Kitten - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Risk: Factions - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Snoopy Flying Ace - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

October 20th-November 21st: "Super Meat Boy Launch Sale" OPEN TO ALL XBL MEMBERS
-Super Meat Boy - 800 Microsoft Points - 33% off

"Blood Dragon Red Tee" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY (Still appears in Avatar DotW - perhaps since 8/9?)
-Avatar (Male/Female) - 40 Microsoft Points - 50% off

"Inside Destination Arcade" GOLD MEMBERS ONLY (On sale since 7/21)
Destination Arcade (D/L link) lists the Deal of the Week games and Boogie Bunnies:
-Boogie Bunnies - 500 Microsoft Points - 37.5% of

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-October 27th: 3D Ultra Mini Golf 2 - 800 Microsoft Points
-October 27th: Pinball FX 2 - Tables purchased individually, free import from original Pinball FX if you own it
-October 28th: Bloody Good Time - 400 Microsoft Points
-October 28th: Haunted House - 800 Microsoft Points
-November 3rd: Auditorium - 800 Microsoft Points
-November 3rd: The King of Fighter 2002 Unlimited Match - 800 Microsoft Points
-November 3rd: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds - 800 Microsoft Points
-November 10th: Guwange - 800 Microsoft Points
-November 24th: Crazy Taxi - 800 Microsoft Points
*Above items in BOLD are part of "The Game Feast" (XBLA "exclusive games")[/QUOTE]

Been waiting on a deal for Risk: Factions - and now it is mine!:bouncy:

[quote name='yankeessuck']How is the Snoopy community? I like it and would consider the DLC but get the feeling that not enough people would have it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played in a month or two, but there were always plenty of people and I imagine there will be a spike with the sale going on...

[quote name='@dragonage']Select Dragon Age: Origins DLC add-ons are now on sale at Xbox Live Marketplace![/QUOTE]

All 50% off
The Golems of Amgarrak 400MSP 200MSP
Leliana's Song 560MSP 280MSP
The Darkspawn Chronicles 400MSP 200MSP

This. This is what I voted for.

This has not been updated yet in OP for XBL games so I thought I would post this for now since I am not sure how long the deal will last.

If you are like me and already invested too much in the separate pieces of Dragon Age: Origins to make buying the Ultimate version worth buying then this is a nice deal.

All 50% off
The Golems of Amgarrak 400MSP On Sale 200MSP
Leliana's Song 560MSP On Sale 280MSP
The Darkspawn Chronicles 400MSP On Sale 200MSP

Once the OP for XBL games is updated feel free to move/delete this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back