Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='arcane93']Anyone have a review of RISK Factions or Blade Kitten? Both look potentially interesting, but I'm not certain. I probably won't have time to get around to playing the demos before the sale is over, though.[/QUOTE]
I bought Risk for full price and have had a lot of fun with it. The main campaign is fun and pretty easy to get through. You can play custom games in classic mode or the factions mode with all the cute animations. There are multiple maps to play on so it's not just the classic board. You can play local co-op against people or online against others. My wife and I both have enjoyed the game a lot and thought it was easily worth the $10. Local games seem to take about 30 minutes on average. Online they take a little longer usually in the 45-60 minute range.

Also if you're a fan of avatar awards, there's a couple easy ones you can get within Risk by beating the campaign. You can see them here. The campaign is only 5 games long if I remember right.

[quote name='arcane93']Picked up Snoopy. I'd had mixed feelings about the demo (found it hard to control), but as a long time Snoopy fan, it seemed remiss not to get it while it's cheap.[/QUOTE]

I was doubtful about Snoopy as well, but after buying it and playing more than the demo offered, I'm very satisfied. It reminds me a lot of Mario Kart gameplay, only dogfighting instead of racing. It's a no-brainer at $5. Plus, once you complete all the single player missions, you get the Charlie Brown t-shirt as an avatar award.

If you like Peanuts whatsoever, you owe it to yourself to snag this while it's so cheap.

For anybody just picking up Snoopy Flying Ace, or considering it, I just created a CAG Group tag to get some community game nights going for it.

If interested, just send a friend request to "CAG Dogfighter".

I'll keep tabs of the account and accept friend requests as I see them. To find other CAG members playing this game, click on "CAG Dogfighter" in your friends list, select "View Friends" under the personal profile tab, and you'll see a list of the CAG community who's grouped to this game. You can send game/party invites to anybody on this list.

This Friday, we'll try to get the first game night kicked off.

[quote name='Sulik2']Blade Kitten is showing up for free right now. I just bought it.[/QUOTE]

The only thing free I see the video and the trial. I looked on both the actual xbox and xbox.com and they both show that.

[quote name='lordopus99']The only thing free I see the video and the trial. I looked on both the actual xbox and xbox.com and they both show that.[/QUOTE]

It's very confusing on xbox.com -- the video (free) and something else (a gamer picture? the price is 160 points) show up listed just as "Blade Kitten", with a description identical to that of the full game. Not sure if it's the fault of the developers for putting in the information like that, or if something got lost by the site redesign. I'm really hating the site redesign.

But yeah, the actual game is listed as "Full Game - Blade Kitten" and is still 600 points.

On other note, I find it ironic that I am having issues loading xbox.com from Microsofts own Internet Explorer, yet it works fine from Firefox. :D

[quote name='Sulik2']Blade Kitten is showing up for free right now. I just bought it.[/QUOTE]

sheeeeit, you got me all excited for a fable 2 repeat. it is not the game.

if you look at the description for the free one it says

Hollow Wish... your typical lawless frontier filled with dark secrets and mysterious cloaked figures. It’s here Kit Ballard works as one of the best bounty hunters in the business. Don’t let her pink hair fool you, Kit is part cat, part girl, and wholly lethal. Join Kit, her alien sidekick Skiffy and the hovering Darque Blade in the full version of the all new action adventure side-scroller Blade Kitten™: Episode 1, the exciting first of a two part mini-series available exclusively via digital download

And in my download queue content type is game trailer

Wondering if they'll do any DLC for Castlevania LOS?

Enjoyed that game and wouldn't mind some updates to it or extra mission, more Monster chess, etc.

Konami pimp that game!

Finally got my Halo avatar helmet today, btw. For signing up for the year of Gold a while back.

And Sulik2, shame on you for either posting a hoax or just not reading very well. :p

Thinking of getting Guwange next week. I've got to set some points aside for Radiant Silvergun, X-Men, and that Hard Corps Contra game that looks sweet.

[quote name='dchrisd']OMG! Pinball FX is also free. Add to your queue before micro$oft takes it down.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you're joking. Pinball FX has been delisted and Pinball FX 2 is not free. It's a hub. You buy the tables.

[quote name='seanr1221']Has it ever been this late before the deals are announced?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they've announced a few sales the day-of. They're probably just focusing on Kinect for the time being, announcing anything else is probably at the back of their minds.

Picked up Risk. Didn't get a chance to try the demo but I've always loved all versions of the board game so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Need some opinions about Blade Kitten...i liked the demo but two questions:

1)Krome Studios is bankrupt, so the "part 2" portion to complete the story will never happen or is it?
2)To those that have played the full game- Is it an enjoyable experience for 600points? Ive noticed a lot a blah reviews so im taking caution, but would rather hear gamers opinions than media.

[quote name='limelight022']Need some opinions about Blade Kitten...i liked the demo but two questions:

1)Krome Studios is bankrupt, so the "part 2" portion to complete the story will never happen or is it?
2)To those that have played the full game- Is it an enjoyable experience for 600points? Ive noticed a lot a blah reviews so im taking caution, but would rather hear gamers opinions than media.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I bought it, knowing nothing of the source material and only 4 levels deep but it's an average 2d platformer which is my favorite genre and the achievements are pretty easy, I got half today and this is the first day I owned it. Decent for 600 points but definately not a 1200 point game, I probably won't pick it up again after i get the rest of the achievements.

Part 2 of Blade Kitten is basically finished, Krome's putting the final touches on it before they close down for good.

I'm waiting for the steam holiday sale, it'll be probably be $5 and maybe even reach $2.50 if it's a daily deal. Also, someone created a patch to lift the 30fps cap limit, so it'll run faster on a decent pc than on the xbox/ps3.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Part 2 of Blade Kitten is basically finished, Krome's putting the final touches on it before they close down for good.

I'm waiting for the steam holiday sale, it'll be probably be $5 and maybe even reach $2.50 if it's a daily deal. Also, someone created a patch to lift the 30fps cap limit, so it'll run faster on a decent pc than on the xbox/ps3.[/QUOTE]

Can you provide a link about Krome putting out part 2?

Well Im a 360 guy, so i can make do with the 30fps so that doesnt bother me.

@jputahraptor, thanks for the info, i may end up buying this after all, especially if part 2 really does come out.

Hey reddjoey I didn't know whether I should pm you for this or not but a ton of games are discounted through Destination Arcade right now for the week:

Chime - 240 Microsoft Points

Defense Grid - 400 Microsoft pints

Football Genius - 400 Microsoft points

Poker Smash - 400 Microsoft Points

Rocket Riot - 400 Microsoft points

Sensible World Of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points

P.B Winterbottom - 400 Microsoft Points

I think I might pick up Winterbottom myself.

EDIT: Appears it was a glitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Defense Grid last time it was on sale and I love it. I also nabbed Rocket Riot as well but that game is a hit or miss. Either you will have a blast with it while playing with friends... or get bored in minutes.

With that I may also pick up Winterbottom finally.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I picked up Defense Grid last time it was on sale and I love it. I also nabbed Rocket Riot as well but that game is a hit or miss. Either you will have a blast with it while playing with friends... or get bored in minutes.

With that I may also pick up Winterbottom finally.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Rocket riot when it was on sale too, I liked it up until I got to the last level, I just can't beat it...:bomb:

The online community for it is also dead.

a little warning on chime. i got it but the 100% achievement won\'t unlock for me. i have 100% for each song on 3 minute mode and i guess there is some glitch that messes it up and won\'t unlock it or will unlock it beforehand. its random.

I'll have to try out winterbottom, but don't think I have any interest in the others. And unless I'm mistaken, with the exception of winterbottom, all these games have been on sale before, so not really anything new here. Oh well, Guwange comes out this week so that'll be enough points spent. :razz:

[quote name='JStryke']And unless I'm mistaken, with the exception of winterbottom, all these games have been on sale before, so not really anything new here. Oh well, Guwange comes out this week so that'll be enough points spent. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Winterbottom went on sale for 400 at some point earlier this year.

I'm also looking for towards Guwange; just as much as I am Black Ops. Can't wait. :)

Yeah, I'm still seeing Poker Smash for 800 if I look the game up alphabetically in Destination Arcade. They're not in the DOTW section either. Where in the program are you seeing the sale prices?

Funny how they choose to do the Dragon Age stuff now, right after the Ultimate Edition release. I got DA: O for free with my RZ Cert and Awakening for $12 at GoHastings. I had bought DA: O at release and beat it so I had the armor and the Golem DLC...and now you can get half the DLC for basically half off. Wish the RtO DLC was included but oh well maybe later.

[quote name='Cysquatch']I picked up Rocket riot when it was on sale too, I liked it up until I got to the last level, I just can't beat it...:bomb:

The online community for it is also dead.[/QUOTE]

I also got Rocket Riot when it was on sale. I was liking it until I hit level 61 (blue ninja). I lost count of how many times I replayed that level but I just can't beat it. PB Winterbottom is definitely worth 400 points.

I really hope that list isn't next week's DOTW since they've all been on sale before. I wasn't impressed by Blade Kitten's demo so I'll pass but I will be picking up the DA DLC.

[quote name='Joartrak']Defense Grid still showing 800 for me in Destination Arcade[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']Cysquatch

Thanks for the PM, but you likely saw a bug in Destination Arcade where older sales appear until the new one does. That's what happened on my machine.[/QUOTE]

Really? Well, my bad guys, it's pretty funny that P.B Winterbottom is gone because this is the second time it's been discounted and I was like "I'll wait til tomorrow to download it" :wall:

[quote name='Cysquatch']Really? Well, my bad guys, it's pretty funny that P.B Winterbottom is gone because this is the second time it's been discounted and I was like "I'll wait til tomorrow to download it" :wall:[/QUOTE]

coulda been worse..at least you didn't go starting a new thread :lol: that would have been epic fail, but I'm sure most of us checked this anyway after you posted..

[quote name='token2k6']coulda been worse..at least you didn't go starting a new thread :lol: that would have been epic fail, but I'm sure most of us checked this anyway after you posted..[/QUOTE]

Haha, Well yea there's always that.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Really? Well, my bad guys, it's pretty funny that P.B Winterbottom is gone because this is the second time it's been discounted and I was like "I'll wait til tomorrow to download it" :wall:[/QUOTE]

tis okay, been waiting for Defense Grid for 400 though :bouncy:

What's this about the Dragon Age DLC sale ending or not ending on 11/8? I'd like to pick these up as DA:O is in by backlog and I have all the other DLC from previous sales. but I spent all my MS points last month to get the 2400pt rebate and only have 300 left right now. I can order another 1600pt card today using a $20 gaming credit from amazon but it won't get here for a couple of days (Prime). Will it still be on sale then? Or should I cave in and buy some MS points online somewhere that I can instantly redeem, letting me get the sale price on the DLC?

Ruahrc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back