Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking over the Spotlight Section of the XBOX Live Dashboard and there was an advertised promotion on XBOX Live where you download a Microsoft Game Studios Offer Gamer Picture, spend 1600 Microsoft Points on certain content from Microsoft Game Studios between November 16th and November 22nd, and you will be eligible to receive 400 Microsoft Points back.

This looks to be a more targeted and specific version of the October promotion in a much more limited window, but it appears to cover more types of content in XBOX Live. Hope this is helpful. I know that I will likely take advantage of this offer once we get more details of how it works exactly.

Was thinking about Shank, but now thinking I will hold off til Hasbro FGN next week. Have the disc, but still need Connect 4x4, Jenga, and Pictureka... SWEET!!!

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']....so I am sure its been mentioned before, but why isn't the GFWL DotW merged with this?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277553

They are basically the same distribution service, and because the GFWL one is hardly ever at the top, I tend to forget about it even existing.[/QUOTE]

They're in no way the same. Why does that have a place in this thread? What does the games for Windows service have anything to do with Xbox Live sales and upcoming promotions? If you care about it existing, subscribe to the thread.

DAMMIT

Pacman CE DX is coming out tomorrow now!? Why is there always something I really want coming out on days where Alien Breed games release!? Noooo

(But simultaneously, yessss)

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']....so I am sure its been mentioned before, but why isn't the GFWL DotW merged with this?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277553

They are basically the same distribution service, and because the GFWL one is hardly ever at the top, I tend to forget about it even existing.[/QUOTE]

Because that's GFWL and not GFXBLA? I don't have a Windows computer. I don't want to see these merged. I just want to see XBLA deals. If GFWL deals are worthy, that thread will rise up.

Does anyone know if any of the Hasbro games have an active online community? I'm looking for games my kids could play online and some of these would fit the bill if they have an active community. I'm especially interested in Battleship, Connect 4, Sorry and Yahtzee as I'd think they would translate well and would be fun for them. Maybe Connect 4x4, but I don't know what that is. Maybe Pictureka.

I got this from XBOX Support on Twitter:

@ XboxSupport In the new Microsoft Game Studios 400 Point Promotion, are the Add-On's for the XBOX Live Arcade games shown eligible also?

@radicaldreamer3 Nope, just the games. :]^BA

I don't want to see Games for Windows Phone or Games for Windows deals here either. I think it will make this thread extra confusing since some games are multiplatform.

You could add in the 400 msp rebate offer that has just appeared on the dashboard, too much stuff for me to list, here are the details taken from xbox.com

'Spend 1600 Microsoft® Points on the featured Microsoft Game Studioss content (qualifying list below) between November 16, 2010 12:01am EST – November 22, 2010 11:59 pm EST, and receive 400 Microsoft Points – FREE! Limit one (1) gift per person. To qualify for this offer, you must: (a) FIRST register by downloading the Microsoft Game Studios Offer gamerpic (instructions below), and then (b) purchase the content from Xbox LIVE Marketplace using your Xbox LIVE account, by November 22, 2010 11:59 pm EST.'

Download the gamerpic here
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...trations/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802475207f5

Qualifying items, eg

DLC - crackdown 2 deluge pack, alan wake writer/signal,

XBLA - Perfect Dark, Splosion Man

+ LOADS MORE

EDIT: Whoops, just looked at the OP already there :( lol, oh well :)

EDIT 2: Could maybe add in the prices though for each item?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']I'll add it later on today. Looks like spectreon has a good thread about it going[/QUOTE]

I figured it would be mentioned in here but it really needed its own thread...

Also I vote no (for what its worth) for merging GfW and Windows Phones into this thread...

After looking at GFWL sales (daily and weekly) and looking at some of the feedback, adding them to this thread will only cause confusion and clutter. Plus there doesn't appear to be much audience crossover.

As far as the promo thread, I would rather it was its own thread.

Also

Pac-Man 800 Space bonez

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was looking up prices on XBL and other new content when I noticed that my 800MSP from last months deal posted to my account... stoked... now I get 2 of 3 of next weeks Hasbro games for free (technically all 4 cause I will use Bing rewards on the 3rd)

I'd highly recommend Shank, it's a steal at that price.

Friend and I beat it on co-op after we did the story, a few times actually. :p

so, I just realized I was opted out of XBox Marketing, and I also didn't receive 800 already. Should I be concerned?

I don't think there was, but Major Nelson already confirmed a Turkey Day sale, so there will definitely be Black Friday deals.

This years sales are so much better than last years sales. Last year we'd get deals on and off, and sometimes we'd get music videos :lol:

You have to wonder if Pac-Man CE DX will end up another Namco collection for peanuts. Still, it is tempting.

No 800 points for me either. I think I also opted out of promotional emails, but I can't believe that would have any bearing here. If it doesn't show up in a few days I'll contact Xbox Support.

Wow, completely forgot about the rebate, that bumps me up to 2k MS points :D. No idea what the hell to buy though, guess ill save some for the Yugioh DLC next month

Maybe ill bite on the Alien Breed games, already have the first, and heard the 2nd was good

Scratch that, guess ill just get Guwange and Trouble Witches Neo

[quote name='gordojones88']Wow, IGN gave Pac-Man Championship Edition DX a 10.

I just got a Mad Catz SFIV Fightstick from Walmart.com for $29.

If you played Pac-Man Championship Edition, you'd know why you need a stick.

Any arcade-style game felt much better when played on the sticks, and Pac-Man CE was an absolute dream.
Playing Pac-Man on an actual arcade stick was thrilling, and the brilliance of the remake became even more apparent with the more responsive controls.
Don't let the Street Fighter branding fool you—it's worth picking up one of these sticks just to play your favorite arcade games at home.

.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's great with a stick, but really only if the stick is 4-way. I can adjust my HRAP EX-SE to be 4-way and then it really is a dream. Without doing that, though, it has much the same problems that playing with the dpad does. Pac-Man is a 4-way stick game, not 8-way, and when you end up in the corners what does it mean? If you are at the upper left is it left or is it up? That's the root of the problem. They try to get around this by considering where you were before (up or left), but it doesn't really work right. It's really only a "dream" with a 4-way stick.

On the Dashboard, it says the Lost and Damned has now dropped to 800 points, so that's something to pick up for any GTA4 fans who haven't found a good deal on Episodes from Liberty City yet.

[quote name='Gertle627']Awesome that the rebate came in already. Hope Perfect Dark or something else good goes on sale so I can add it to the virtual backlog.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly a deal on Perfect Dark but listed in my thread (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278488) if you spend 1600 points on select titles you get 400 free... Perfect Dark is one of the titles

To those that didnt get their points yet it can take several weeks... I was shocked I received mine already, especially since they started the new promo this week... thought for sure I'd get them the day after the promo ended... lol

No 800 points for me yet... hope it's just a gradual process of allocating them out. I definitely kept track and spent 2400 points last month on eligible downloads. 3200 total points counting the RB2 export. Hopefully they show up for everyone in the next day or two, now.

sweet, got my rebate points, i thought because i am in the UK, i would be one of the last to get it.

Also, i think perfect dark is a dead cert to be 400 points in the coming weeks, so i wouldnt buy it to qualify for the 400 point rebate, unless there is absolutely nothing else and you were already going to buy something

[quote name='mindatlarge']Don't usually notice the size of XBLA titles but damn 2gb for Shank. Taking forever for this thing to dl![/QUOTE]

For the average game, I can tolerate 300 some megs, and for
some rarities, I could accept 500 megs, but things have gotten
out of control.

I recall when a game couldn't go over 50 megs. Those were the
days.

[quote name='mtxbass1']They're in no way the same. Why does that have a place in this thread? What does the games for Windows service have anything to do with Xbox Live sales and upcoming promotions? If you care about it existing, subscribe to the thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']Because that's GFWL and not GFXBLA? I don't have a Windows computer. I don't want to see these merged. I just want to see XBLA deals. If GFWL deals are worthy, that thread will rise up.[/QUOTE]

They both use MS Points, both have cross-connected features, both are MS, etc. Jeez, I wasn't looking for such snobby remarks, just was asking for a reason why not. It's not like I am out to start a revolution to add an extra line to the OP, I am fine with them being separate; I just wanted to see if there was more of a reason for them being such.

[quote name='reddjoey']After looking at GFWL sales (daily and weekly) and looking at some of the feedback, adding them to this thread will only cause confusion and clutter. Plus there doesn't appear to be much audience crossover.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, yeah I didn't think asking would yield such negative responses. I just figured since I only found out about there being DotW for GFWL about a month ago and wondered if anyone thought to merge the two. But anyways, yeah the consensus seems pretty against it.

Still would be nice to see a link or something in the OP connecting the threads, but I'm worried to even begin to suggest anything, else I might get set ablaze, haha. Oh well though, totally ok with them being separate, was just curious is all.

[quote name='mindatlarge']Don't usually notice the size of XBLA titles but damn 2gb for Shank. Taking forever for this thing to dl![/QUOTE]

Lara Croft & TGOL is 2 GB also.

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, any plate that can do 4-way will result in proper 4-way control for Pac-Man and other classic games.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wonder how hard it is to switch between 4 way and 8 way. Can anyone help me out? It would be cool to have 4 way for pacman and 8 way for fighting games.

[quote name='reddjoey']Added TLaD. Thanks for posting about that Sway (and DrunkAgain)[/QUOTE]
No thank you for me ? ;)

[quote name='Stephan123']On the Europe Market Place is GTA4 Lost Damned for 800 MS Points.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back