Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Damn, I wonder how hard it is to switch between 4 way and 8 way. Can anyone help me out? It would be cool to have 4 way for pacman and 8 way for fighting games.[/QUOTE]
Once you open the case, it takes about 15-30 seconds to switch the plates. Super easy stuff.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Snip.....[/QUOTE]

No harm in asking. Some people are more graceful than others in offering reasons why they don't want to see it here. There is certainly room for a thread for GFWL and WinMo7 deals.

[quote name='Stephan123']No thank you for me ? ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed ya.

Meat Boy.

Pacman is awesome, but will always be 800, maybe cheaper at some point if you can wait.

I remember loving Crazy Taxi, but who knows if it holds up.

Meat Boy is one of the best platformers I've ever played, and it's not on sale much longer. However, it can be extremely difficult. Make sure you try it first.

[quote name='DJP519']No 800 points for me yet... hope it's just a gradual process of allocating them out. I definitely kept track and spent 2400 points last month on eligible downloads. 3200 total points counting the RB2 export. Hopefully they show up for everyone in the next day or two, now.[/QUOTE]
RB Exports didn't count nor did themes, gamer pics, or avatar items.

I spent exactly 2400 with my last purchase on the Saturday before Halloween and got my 800 back last night. I lucked out because some people were saying Halloween afternoon purchases were counting towards November 1st instead of October 31st.

[quote name='seanr1221']Meat Boy.

Pacman is awesome, but will always be 800, maybe cheaper at some point if you can wait.

I remember loving Crazy Taxi, but who knows if it holds up.

Meat Boy is one of the best platformers I've ever played, and it's not on sale much longer. However, it can be extremely difficult. Make sure you try it first.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='destro4eva']Anyone know when X-men Arcade is due out?

Looking forward to that. Hope it's around 800 or so.[/QUOTE]

Dont believe they even dated it yet, though i know for sure im counting down the days :D

Holy hell, Pacman CE DX's achievements are insanely easy, 170/200g in less than 25 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']Guess the Trouble Witches Neo date was wrong =/, same for Days of Thunder.

Guess ill just grab Alien Breed[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SNK took it down a few days ago. I'll update the OP

Not sure if its true yet, but it looks like Unbound Saga might come out on 12/1 (Atleast according to Gamefaq's and a few other game sites who added it to thier upcoming game list)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Not sure if its true yet, but it looks like Unbound Saga might come out on 12/1 (Atleast according to Gamefaq's and a few other game sites who added it to thier upcoming game list)[/QUOTE]

Unbound Saga will bring its brand of tongue-in-cheek, multi-player carnage to Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft on Dec. 1, 2010
Source - http://www.unboundsaga.com/

Edit: Damn he beat me to it

[quote name='destro4eva']Anyone know when X-men Arcade is due out?

Looking forward to that. Hope it's around 800 or so.[/QUOTE]

First reviews were out on Official XBox Magazine and gave it a 6.5

The guy probably wasn't even born when that game came out.

fuck them, I'm still buying it anyway for the nostalgic factor and can replay this over and over again online without pumping quarters into the arcade.

I bought two 1200 point games (Costume Quest and Lara Croft, two purchases I'm very happy with), and in the middle-ish of the month, so I clearly qualified for the 800 point rebate, but no 800 points yet for me. I hope the points come soon. Also, i really, really wish I could buy just 60 points, because right now I have 740. Grrr.

[quote name='vlv723']First reviews were out on Official XBox Magazine and gave it a 6.5

The guy probably wasn't even born when that game came out.

fuck them, I'm still buying it anyway for the nostalgic factor and can replay this over and over again online without pumping quarters into the arcade.[/QUOTE]

A 6.5 is a pretty good score for nostalgia, I think. I mean the game hasn't actually aged very well since we were all twelve... but I still plan on purchasing it.

Just hope it's not 1200 points.

I played the X-Men arcade recently in arcade form set on freeplay. I do plan on getting it because I love it, but a word of warning however. It's insanely easy on freeplay. When you use your mutant power, it takes a hit on your health, but clears the whole screen of enemies most of the time. When there's no risk in dying because you can simply continue where you stand, simply spamming the mutant power will coast you through the game with zero effort. This is simpler than Gauntlet on XBLA. If you go in playing "legit" and trying to stay alive as long as possible, like it's costing you .25 a pop, then that's one thing, but there's no consequence in dying now. Like I said, I'll get it out of nostalgia, but this is one of those games to pick up, play once or twice, then probably get shelved for a year again if you don't have many friends to play with.

The mutant power thing is no different than spamming bombs in vertically-scrolling shooters. If you play that way, you're ruining your own fun, and you can't play for score.

Anything change for anyone that didn't receive the 800msp rebate? Also, did you guys Opt In or Out of the promo thing in your profile settings?

I still haven't received it and I was opted out when I first checked (but I've switched it now)

do remember, grand theft auto IV: the lost and damned is 800 ms points too right now on sale for a limited time, so that's half off. don't know if anyone noticed it but I saw it show up earlier in the game marketplace for me.

Honestly, the X-men arcade game really isn't very good. The game is pretty much just hype as it came out roughly around the time X-men #1 sold 10 million copies and had a super awesome double monitors and some spiffy bells and whistles.

I mean, I love it and all but it's not something that you would play very long,

I was going to ask if people got their points, then I bothered to check my account and saw that I got credited 800 points. :D

And what happened to Might and Magic? I've been holding off on the DS version for a while now.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gunstar808']I was going to ask if people got their points, then I bothered to check my account and saw that I got credited 800 points. :D

And what happened to Might and Magic? I've been holding off on the DS version for a while now.

-[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and spring for that DS version, it's easily my favorite DS title of the year. Lots of fun & great to play on the go too.

[quote name='crunchewy']I bought two 1200 point games (Costume Quest and Lara Croft, two purchases I'm very happy with), and in the middle-ish of the month, so I clearly qualified for the 800 point rebate, but no 800 points yet for me. I hope the points come soon. Also, i really, really wish I could buy just 60 points, because right now I have 740. Grrr.[/QUOTE]

Why not do the Bing Rewards thing and go get yourself and easy 100 points.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273587

[quote name='fatboyjam']Why not do the Bing Rewards thing and go get yourself and easy 100 points.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273587[/QUOTE]

I already did that for the initial points (I think 300), but then removed it. I don't use Windows, though I can run it in VMWare Fusion, which is how I did it before. However, good point. I think I'll reinstall it and do that until I get 100. Thanks for the suggestion!

[quote name='fatboyjam']Why not do the Bing Rewards thing and go get yourself and easy 100 points.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273587[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, they haven't sent out 100 MSP codes from the Bing rewards program in over 2 weeks now. A ton of people in the thread have pending unfulfilled orders. I'm not saying it is dead, but don't expect to sign up, and get 200-300 MSP points in a couple days like you could when they rolled out the Rewards program.

[quote name='hufferstl']The Bing Toolbar slowed my pc to a crawl.[/QUOTE]

No kidding on my desktop and laptop recently as well. Is there a bug in the program or a backdoor?

[quote name='ihzer0']Anything change for anyone that didn't receive the 800msp rebate? Also, did you guys Opt In or Out of the promo thing in your profile settings?

I still haven't received it and I was opted out when I first checked (but I've switched it now)[/QUOTE]

Jesus christ!!! you haven't not (double negative lol) recieved them, they initially said 4-6 weeks IIRC, just over 2 weeks and people are crying that they haven't recieved them, just be thankful they are on the ball with this one and have started crediting the accounts.

[quote name='hufferstl']The Bing Toolbar slowed my pc to a crawl.[/QUOTE]

Same here, my computer at work is older but still performs desktop tasks fine, but geez it about killed IE, and honestly my PC hasn't been the same since (I keep getting random network disconnect errors that I NEVER used to get; it got a bit better after I nuked the Bing Bar and uninstalled Silverlight but some things are still a bit wonky).

It was fun to get some free points but the Bing Bar is the biggest piece of crap I've ever had the displeasure of having to yank off my system.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Jesus christ!!! you haven't not (double negative lol) recieved them, they initially said 4-6 weeks IIRC, just over 2 weeks and people are crying that they haven't recieved them, just be thankful they are on the ball with this one and have started crediting the accounts.[/QUOTE]

you need to cool down. i asked reasonable questions.

Haven't got mine either, kind've nervous about the purchases on the 31st posting as Nov 1st, Did anyone ever recieve a proper reply about that problem?

Eh, im glad I don't waste time on MS's promos. Weren't even $30 bucks worth of games I wanted, and then comes the same slow-ass redemption process on their end which may or may not come through.

got my 800 rewards points a few days back, and not sure if it matters, but i spent the 2400 points worth of games on like the 2nd or last day of the promo.

[quote name='basis']got my 800 rewards points a few days back, and not sure if it matters, but i spent the 2400 points worth of games on like the 2nd or last day of the promo.[/QUOTE]

I spent 3800 throughout the promo and haven't received anything. That's annoying.

Haven't got my 800 points from the promo and I bought around 2800 points worth of stuff the first week of the deal but I'm not really worried or in a rush to get them for anything. I'm sure they will show up by the end of the month just fine.

No luck for me with the rebate yet either, but I'm sure it will arrive. Perhaps not until the end of the month. As long as it gets here before the Marvel DLC is released for Pinball FX 2, I'm fine with it. Free points are good. Free Pinball FX 2 DLC great.

[quote name='BigPopov']Haven't got mine either, kind've nervous about the purchases on the 31st posting as Nov 1st, Did anyone ever recieve a proper reply about that problem?[/QUOTE]

I emailed MS a few times, but was told I'd have to call them in order to find out if I had qualified. I made by last purchase two hours before the deadline and my purchase history shows Nov. 1, but I still got my points a few days ago.

Super Meat Boy is coming up as 1200 on the website, and errors out when I try to buy it for 800 on XBLA (supposedly this means the price has changed)...sale was supposed to be good until/through tomorrow. I hope someone just flipped a switch early and it can be corrected. Gonna ask MS anyway.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Super Meat Boy is coming up as 1200 on the website, and errors out when I try to buy it for 800 on XBLA (supposedly this means the price has changed)...sale was supposed to be good until/through tomorrow. I hope someone just flipped a switch early and it can be corrected. Gonna ask MS anyway.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem just now, hopefully they get it squared away

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I tweeted Team Meat, and they were quite surprised. Tweeted XboxSupport to no avail. Likely it won't change I guess. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

I just bought 800 Microsoft points just to make it in time before the sale ended, the cover of Super Meat Boy says 33% off still, wouldnt that be false advertising?

I checked 20 mins ago and noticed it went up to 1200 pts as well. I'm not going to spend the extra 400 pts on it, so I guess I'm going to wait until it's part of the DoTW. I really wanted it too.

why'd you guys wait so long to buy SMB? It's been on sale for weeks, and was the perfect game to buy during that rebate offer microsoft was doing.

[quote name='doodofdoods']why'd you guys wait so long to buy SMB? It's been on sale for weeks, and was the perfect game to buy during that rebate offer microsoft was doing.[/QUOTE]

So? It was on sale through today, so why would it matter? Apparently Microsoft switched it over using GMT time, because that makes tons of sense.

Team Meat's Twitter says if you call MS you can (hopefully) get 400 points refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back