Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've got everything except the 2 original xbox games, wonder if they run smoothly and all. halo ce & gta shall be mine. By the way, the Zune movies listed are they for rent or own? Doesn't state HD quality or not either, hmm..

I'll be in for San Andreas, Halo, Portal, Monkey Island, Trials and 300. And possibly more depending on what the rest of the deals end up being.

as to the question about the movies, those are definetly buy/own prices, not rental prices. And they're all probably/most likely standard definition.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']Trials HD is a steal for that price.

I probably should stop waiting for Triggerheart Excelica and Carcassonne to go on sale...[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Carcassone free at one point?

Okay, Looks like I have a big update when I get home. (The hospital's wifi is broken, the OP is too big to edit on a Driod and I don't have enough signal to tether)

EDIT:

Managed to get a small update in there on the DROID. Couldn't get all the errors/typos fixed, add links, or properly format the OP, but I will take care of that when I get home tonight around 10PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazingly I didn't even realize that there still were xbox originals you could buy on live, thought that went the way of the dinosaur when they closed down live servers for the original xbox games. First time we've seen full games go on sale over live though... new trend perhaps? Tempted by Halo though, I missed that entire generation of games and never played the original. Knowing my luck, I'll buy it then they'll announce an HD remake 2 days later.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Amazingly I didn't even realize that there still were xbox originals you could buy on live, thought that went the way of the dinosaur when they closed down live servers for the original xbox games. First time we've seen full games go on sale over live though... new trend perhaps? Tempted by Halo though, I missed that entire generation of games and never played the original. Knowing my luck, I'll buy it then they'll announce an HD remake 2 days later.[/QUOTE]

Or a Halo CE XBL.

Some nice prices for Splosion Man, Trials HD, and Portal. Id like to get all three and even Monkey Island, but I will resist as I have too many games as it is that I dont even play now that I play World of Warcraft again.

Really sweet deal for Splosion Man for anyone that doesn't already have it. Any full game at that price is a deal, but this is actually a pretty good game. I am tempted to buy Portal even though I have Orange Box because it's that good, but Im trying to resist.

Pretty awesome deal. Glad I am still without Splosion Man, Trail and Portal Still Alive.

Is this just for tomorrow? Meaning there will be more coming the next few days everyday?

I just love it when i already have the stuff thats on sale =/. Guess it'll be San Andreas for me. Btw, is this Halo the one that has Online? If not, ill just stick to my PC version of CE.

Has this been answered before?

Is the buy 1600 get 400 points back promo included DLC for the arcade games?

Like if I buy the extra map packs for The Maw or N+, will that count as part of the deal.

Looks like it's going to be Trials HD and San Andreas for me. I couldn't pull the trigger on Trials at $10, but for $5, I'm sure I'll get enough entertainment out of it.

[quote name='WTFer']Has this been answered before?

Is the buy 1600 get 400 points back promo included DLC for the arcade games?

Like if I buy the extra map packs for The Maw or N+, will that count as part of the deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. Since MS released a list (which they rarely do) I would stick strictly to that list.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/promotions/MGSHolidayOffer/home

Also, expect those points by 12/22

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cysquatch']Wasn't Carcassone free at one point?[/QUOTE]

November 15-16, 2007. I received a 360 as a gift for that Christmas, but I was still busy building my retro game collection when this was free.

Anyone get alien breed 3? I want to buy this cus it looks good and fun... but i noticed there is an alien breed 2... will i miss something if i dont play the 2nd one?

You guys getting portal, you know it's part of Orange Box right? 5 games in one - Portal included? I got it on clearance at Target for $10 a while back...

Portal on XBLA has maps that the Orange Box version doesn't, as well as separate Achievements. And who knows, maybe some people only want Portal.

FINALLY a sale on Trials HD! Feels like I've waited forever! I already have Splosion Man.. I may pick up San Andreas also! I have a disc copy of it but a digital copy would be nice.

Wow, even though I already own the disks, I just may get San Andreas and Halo games on demand...it's worth $8 just to have them so my drive doesn't have to work while I play.

Wow, seems to be decent deals, but I will prolly only pick up spolsion man. For 160 ms points, i'll give it a try. Already have trials, I bought it on sale for 560 at one point and highly recommend it. Already have the orange box, so my question is, is there really much difference in the xbla version that would warrant the $5 for it. I also picked portal for pc up several months ago via steam when it was free, but never really played it. Also semi tempted to pick up San Andreas, but I still havent got around to playing Grand Theft Auto IV.

On a separate note, has anyone heard anything about the X-Men game. I remember reading somewhere that it was going to be released this year..

Trials HD and Splosion man for me , luckily I got a 25 gamestop giftcard from filling out some surveys so I gotta go pick me up some cheap mspoints

For the record, I played Portal in an Orange Box rental. I later bought the Orange Box mainly to have Portal. I then bought Portal: Still Alive when it was on sale. I also downloaded the free Steam version of Portal and have played the Flash version on PC. I dont regret any of these. For five bucks, I think the 14 extra maps are worth it. Of course I do, I paid $10 (in spacebucks).

I feel like I *should* pick up Splosion Man for two bucks. But the difficulty people talk about, I know I'll get frustrated. In the same vein, I *know* I'm gonna leave Trials alone.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Splosion man doesn't seem to be showing up at 160 on the website. Maybe on my xbox?[/QUOTE]

I believe it will be 160 ms points on the 26th...and I'm so buying it for $2.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so portal still alive is OB Portal+DLC? Is this DLC available for PC, or even 360 besides the still alive thing?[/QUOTE]

The DLC maps are free on PC. They're not available for the 360 Orange Box.

so essentially still alive is pointless if I have portal on PC? Whats the nameof the maps so I can get them on steam? is it the first slice thing? LOL this is so confusing!

[quote name='eastx']The DLC maps are free on PC. They're not available for the 360 Orange Box.[/QUOTE]

So if you have the PC version + the DLC there's no reason to buy Still Alive unless you want it on the 360?

[quote name='hostyl1']I feel like I *should* pick up Splosion Man for two bucks. But the difficulty people talk about, I know I'll get frustrated. In the same vein, I *know* I'm gonna leave Trials alone.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Splosion Man. It starts off incredibly fun and doesn't get frustrating difficult until about 1/2 way through, maybe a little further (the later levels rely too much on precise timing). The demo is a pretty good indication of the fun platforming and having a blast 'sploding around early levels. Given the cheap price, 160 points more than justifies half a very fun game. I would love to see a sequel with better level design.

Whoever doesn't pickup Splosion Man for $2 is retarded... Got it last time it was on sale for $5 and love it.

Don't pass it up because you heard it was hard. The regular game isn't extremely difficult since it uses checkpoints and you can get hit a certain number of times. Like an earlier poster said, it just takes precise timing.

Hardcore mode is easily one of the most frustrating gaming experiences you will have. I'm only about half way thru it and its driving me nuts lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back