Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the Free give away for "Lara Croft and TGOL" on PSN.

If this was 400 MS points then maybe, but the demo didn't really wow me.

Guess I'll just pass on this for other games.

FWIW Lara Croft is still 600 points. Thought I missed the deal, but was still able to snag it.

It's the same price on Steam too if buying there makes it a better purchase.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']As much as I love Symphony of the night I just cant get into the trial of castlevania hd. It just seems like the biggest grindfest which is the last thing I need with my backlog.[/QUOTE]

I paid full price for this day one it was released and loved it and played it hardcore for almost a month. I had a bunch of friends that i always played with which is the reason i kept going. The fun you have playing with friends is amazing if they can handle a little harder of a game. The problem with most people i played with gave up playing cause it felt to hard for them. That is why you keep playing to get a better character. Anyways this is a must get if you got some people to play this often with. If you play solo mostly or random matchmaking it can be not worth it these days. But i did meet some cool people randomly on it.

This is just a amazing game just need to play with friends.

[quote name='JamesMc']With Castlevania and Tomb Raider both being 600, looks like LIMBO will get a 50% discount as well.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so! :bouncy:

Also, I was going to buy Castlevania, but just discovered that it does not have local co-op! I couldn't wait to play this with two or three friends, but instead, it's only online co-op instead! :bomb:

What a huge mistake this is.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I sure hope so! :bouncy:

Also, I was going to buy Castlevania, but just discovered that it does not have local co-op! I couldn't wait to play this with two or three friends, but instead, it's only online co-op instead! :bomb:

What a huge mistake this is.[/QUOTE]
With how much the camera pans back in this game, it's not that surprising.

Plus I like Castlevania/Metroidvania as a single player affair. Can't jump on it otherwise.

I'm a nut for CoOp games so I bought the Lara Croft game for 600 points but I'm very wary of Castlevania. I loved the first Castlevania DS game but I have no friends that will play this online with me. Is the community still alive? Is it a game you can play with strangers? Anyone here still play it??
I can't wait for Limbo, that game looks amazing and I loved the demo.

Bought lara croft, not bothering with castlevania. Funny, I reread the ign review to make sure(and I think eurogamer's was even a lower score) and he says if you're a hardcore castlevania fan, you'll probably like it. But that's what is working against me for this title. I don't want some kind of weird co-op monster mash with quite bleh graphics(blown up that is, they were good for handheld games) that sounds like it has a big grind built in.

Doesn't feel especially castlevania to me, but atleast all of these sales are quite good.

[quote name='abhinav']I'm a nut for CoOp games so I bought the Lara Croft game for 600 points but I'm very wary of Castlevania. I loved the first Castlevania DS game but I have no friends that will play this online with me. Is the community still alive? Is it a game you can play with strangers? Anyone here still play it??
I can't wait for Limbo, that game looks amazing and I loved the demo.[/QUOTE]

The Castlevania community seems pretty small but you can easily play with strangers. I picked it up tonight and have played almost the entire evening with random players. It appears no one bothers to mic up at all so the games are peaceful. I had a blast tonight and will be back for more.

Played Lara Croft with my sister for 2 hours tonight. It was a ton of fun and she loves the game. my favorite parts so far have been the teamwork in climbing the moving walls at the end of level one, jumping across the collapsing bridge in level 2, and the huge car bomb explosions.

I probably should have tried the trial game first, but I bought Lara Croft while it was still on sale. Looks like I'm going to have to buy some MS points on friday for the Alan Wake DLC and other upcoming sales.

I was thinking about picking up Hydro Thunder and was wondering if anyone knows if the online community for that game is still active?

I just can't decide on Castle Crashers or not. $7.50 isn't really that expensive (if I were only buying it) but I don't play online so I'm not really sure...

Looking at Hydro Tunder, it seems like a pod racer game. Does anyone have experience with the single player campaign? Is it fun/good?

[quote name='gus311']I was thinking about picking up Hydro Thunder and was wondering if anyone knows if the online community for that game is still active?[/QUOTE]
What you have got to remember is, alive or not, there will be a sudden influx of new gamers anyway after the deal

[quote name='typical guy']I just can't decide on Castle Crashers or not. $7.50 isn't really that expensive (if I were only buying it) but I don't play online so I'm not really sure...

Looking at Hydro Tunder, it seems like a pod racer game. Does anyone have experience with the single player campaign? Is it fun/good?[/QUOTE]

online is where you have the most fun and you are not getting the full value without it. i know in your heart you're a psn guy so i suggest you wait for a sale for that version.

[quote name='jubeininja69']online is where you have the most fun and you are not getting the full value without it. i know in your heart you're a psn guy so i suggest you wait for a sale for that version.[/QUOTE]

Eh? I have a ps3 and that is what I play online but even there I rarely do that. Honestly I'm just not that fond of online play. Most of my multiplayer is offline with my wife or other family members. Maybe I'm old now? I just don't like playing online that often. Perhaps a game like risk factions yes but not most games.

So anyway, can anyone tell me if Castle Crashers or Hydro Thunder are good single player or for very occasional offline multiplayer?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigant262']So how is Castlevania? Thinking of getting it because some of my friend have it and they've been wanting me to get it.[/QUOTE]
why not ask them then? if you have the online friends there ready to play it then i would go for it

[quote name='bigant262']So how is Castlevania? Thinking of getting it because some of my friend have it and they've been wanting me to get it.[/QUOTE]

I played castle crashers single player, and I thought it was great. If you like old beat-em-ups (golden axe et al), go for it.

I've put over 200 hours (got it at launch) and still playing. If you like previous 2D Castlevania games then you should enjoy this. Even better if you have friends with the game, but co-oping with strangers is also fun. Just know that you'll have to spend at least another 400pts to get chapter 7, otherwise everyone will hate you (since if one person on the team doesn't have a level, the entire team can't play it).

Think I'm going to pass on Castlevania. Both my son and I love the DS titles, but we just couldn't get into the demo. And no local co-op? Huge deal-breaker.

Buy Castlevania purely as a solo player at this point? (probably getting Xbox live next Month). I loved all the other GBA/DS Castlevania games.

Thanks,
Bryan

[quote name='gus311']I was thinking about picking up Hydro Thunder and was wondering if anyone knows if the online community for that game is still active?[/QUOTE]

I'm on there quite a bit and it's still very active. They just released the new Tempest DLC pack a few months ago, so that injected some extra life into the Live community.

Great game too BTW. It might feel a little strange at first if you've played the original HT a lot, but once you get past that the game is really fun and addicting.

[quote name='babramson101']Buy Castlevania purely as a solo player at this point? (probably getting Xbox live next Month). I loved all the other GBA/DS Castlevania games.

Thanks,
Bryan[/QUOTE]

This game is not like the GBA/DS games at all. It is nothing but a grind. That's all you do. Enjoyable more with friends, but you really have to dedicate to this game.

So is Hydrophobia a confirmed price drop or just a sale because they patched it? does anyone know? and if it's a limited sale, when does it end?

[quote name='basis']So is Hydrophobia a confirmed price drop or just a sale because they patched it? does anyone know? and if it's a limited sale, when does it end?[/QUOTE]
Looks like it's a straight-up price drop:

Eurogamer: Why are you dropping the price of the game to 800 MS Points?

Pete Jones: We were really hard-nosed about it. Every decision we've taken on Hydrophobia Pure was based on feedback. Part of the feedback, if you look at the stats, there was a desire for the game to be at 800 rather than 1200.

Eurogamer: So you had always wanted it to be at 800?

Deborah Jones: It's not our pricing structure. It's Microsoft's pricing structure and it's not our decision at the end of the day. It has to fit in with Microsoft's vision. It was Microsoft's vision to have it at 1200 Points, well joint vision, really. 800 Points is a fair price for a great product.

Pete Jones: We've looked at the feedback and we've responded to the feedback. Our line to our programmers, artists and designers has been, the defining factor on what happens in this update is the feedback from the community. We've followed that on every single line: on the graphics, animation, camera and damage. And we took exactly the same line on value for money.

The balance of feedback was that it should be 800 Points and we've made it 800 Points.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-did-get-a-few-things-wrong-interview?page=2

Loved CV games but I just could not stand the demo for CV Harmony of D. I've got the points to get it and I want to love it, but something about that demo rubbed me the wrong way. It just seemed Soma moved so sllooooooowwwwwwww.

[quote name='MWB']Apparently it's all on sale.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Big Surf Island for 560 (was 1000)
Time Savers Pack for 400 (was 800)
Party for 400 (was 800)
Toy Collection for 400 (was 1000)
Legendary Cars Collection for 400 (was 640)
Cops & Robbers for 400 (was 800)
Boost Specials Collection for 400 (was 640)
[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Are these drops permanent or a temp sale?

[quote name='destro4eva']Loved CV games but I just could not stand the demo for CV Harmony of D. I've got the points to get it and I want to love it, but something about that demo rubbed me the wrong way. It just seemed Soma moved so sllooooooowwwwwwww.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm a huge Castlevania fan and after giving the demo another try, along with reading opinions on here and reviews, I'm still passing at 600 points.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I love Castlevania games... but is Harmony of Despair worth getting?[/QUOTE]Take Boss Rush from previous Castlevania games. Add up to 5 multiplayer buddies. That's Harmony of Despair.

If you have friends to play with, great, you'll have lots of fun with it.

If you don't, but are keen on playing with strangers online, you'll have to spend another 400 points for chapter 7. Then you'll have fun, but you'll be out 1000 points instead of just 600.

If you are looking for a singleplayer game, look elsewhere. Harmony of Despair played solo is a frustrating grind.

[quote name='freeorelse']Are these drops permanent or a temp sale?[/QUOTE]

According to a previous poster these are a permanent drop based on a PSN blog. We have no evidence that it is permanent for 360 but I would think it odd to drop it for one but not the other...

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Keep going back and forth on getting HoD... I kind of want to save my remaining 1600 pts to get Alan Wake DLC, the Overlord DLC for ME2, and Limbo.[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake and Overlord are probably the better choice here.

[quote name='mtxbass1']There *may* be an upcoming sale on certain SNK games to correlate with the release of Trouble Witches NEO!

I'm not sure if "on sale" means that they are going on sale, or that they meant to say "for sale". We'll see in the upcoming weeks I suppose.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah, that is the kind of vague wording I hate for this thread. I'll make a note of it for when Trouble Witches goes live.[/QUOTE]

I think it was just awkward wording - they just mean to say "available now". If you look at the formatting on their Facebook page, the double slashes just denote when the titles go for sale on the market. The rest of that post is also written in "foreign formal business" style, not to mention the fact that everything under "now on sale" is their entire catalog.

Dammit, I totally forgot to DL Lara Croft yesterday. Bah.

Edit: And they are taunting you by showing the previous days sales, so... when this is over is there one final chance to get them all at the sale prices? Otherwise, why advertise to people that they missed the deal?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Dammit, I totally forgot to DL Lara Croft yesterday. Bah.

Edit: And they are taunting you by showing the previous days sales, so... when this is over is there one final chance to get them all at the sale prices? Otherwise, why advertise to people that they missed the deal?[/QUOTE]

to let them know they missed out on a deal, duh. Pay more attention there, 007.

If the guesses are true then I'm picking up the last ME2 DLC I need and Limbo for sure!

I'm debating on picking up Castlevania and was all in for it since my cousin was buying it and he wanted to originally buy it at full price but apparently his Gold ran out last week and he won't renew it anytime soon (meaning he won't buy the game) since he just got a PS3 and a bunch of cheap games so he's addicted to that right now. May pick it up anyways since I have friends with the game.

My biggest problem with HoD is how utterly broken the game is at high levels. Any random game I'd join half the players had crissaegrams or whatever and could literally just waltz straight to the boss weaving death as they went. And the other half just struggle and get left behind. To say nothing of how weak some of the characters are compared to others, even once tweaked out. And Hard Mode would just make the descrepencies thirty times worse.

It's concievable the DLC somehow changes this, but I doubt it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Dammit, I totally forgot to DL Lara Croft yesterday. Bah.

Edit: And they are taunting you by showing the previous days sales, so... when this is over is there one final chance to get them all at the sale prices? Otherwise, why advertise to people that they missed the deal?[/QUOTE]
It's not inconcievable they put everything back up on January 1st. What's the point of a countdown if you don't do anything special at the end.

will pick up Perfect Dark and Limbo if they're cheap enough. Don't want to pay too much for hype.

Has RB export licenses ever gone on sale? or are they likely to ever go on sale? I don't want to pay 800 msp(per game) to export rb2/lego rb/greenday rb. Added up, it would cost me 2400msp just to play a (very)few of the songs i like on rb3, and that is wayy too steep. I already paid 800msp for the rb1 export and i wasn't happy about it.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']My biggest problem with HoD is how utterly broken the game is at high levels. Any random game I'd join half the players had crissaegrams or whatever and could literally just waltz straight to the boss weaving death as they went. And the other half just struggle and get left behind. To say nothing of how weak some of the characters are compared to others, even once tweaked out. And Hard Mode would just make the descrepencies thirty times worse.[/QUOTE]

At this point of buying it, yes you will run into what is above. Most people will drop if you don't have the level and/or mode they want to play. The characters fully tweaked were close to even (outside Shanoa; at least prior to new characters as I haven't played with any of the DLC).

As a single game, the game sucks. It shines though as a multiplayer game (at least when I played it around launch). Eventually the 6 levels will get old. It's what got me to stop playing it. For those complaining about character speed, there are boots you get from drops that speed up your character big time. They are not that hard to get once you get into Hard mode. The game is all about grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back