Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='typical guy']I'm confused, are you saying its a bad game because it wasn't a hit?[/QUOTE]

confused about what? if the game wasn't a hit, then it obviously didn't appeal to alot of people. it had good marketing and all, game just didn't live up to the hype and i've heard a few friends say it's not worth buying. case in point, game has dropped in price really bad and the dlc is on sale to get more people into it as well. plus, alot of us on cag have backlogs so don't know if it's even worth purchasing for some as they might not get around to play it for much.

[quote name='intoxicated662']confused about what? if the game wasn't a hit, then it obviously didn't appeal to alot of people. it had good marketing and all, game just didn't live up to the hype and i've heard a few friends say it's not worth buying. case in point, game has dropped in price really bad and the dlc is on sale to get more people into it as well. plus, alot of us on cag have backlogs so don't know if it's even worth purchasing for some as they might not get around to play it for much.[/QUOTE]
Commercial Success =/= Critical Success.

To say something is bad because it did not sell/perform well is absurd.

[quote name='intoxicated662']confused about what? if the game wasn't a hit, then it obviously didn't appeal to alot of people. it had good marketing and all, game just didn't live up to the hype and i've heard a few friends say it's not worth buying. case in point, game has dropped in price really bad and the dlc is on sale to get more people into it as well. plus, alot of us on cag have backlogs so don't know if it's even worth purchasing for some as they might not get around to play it for much.[/QUOTE]

With that logic, Call of Duty and Wii Sports should, in theory, be the BEST games of all time.

But then again, I'm sure a lot would disagree with you.

__

I've had Mass Effect 2 sitting here. I don't know if I want to get the DLC. I mean, I know it's good, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. Any suggestions on what DLC I should get if I do bite the bullet?

Add me to the list of the convinced on the Alan Wake dlc. I haven't even played the game yet and am scared I won't like it, but I bit anyway. Thanks cag.

[quote name='HDShadow']With that logic, Call of Duty and Wii Sports should, in theory, be the BEST games of all time.

__

I've had Mass Effect 2 sitting here. I don't know if I want to get the DLC. I mean, I know it's good, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. Any suggestions on what DLC I should get if I do bite the bullet?[/QUOTE]

Aww did I hurt your feelings? Truth hurts, deal with it. Apparently, it took this sale for people to even remember about this game and even with the price drop people are still on the fence about it. Looking forward to the (hopefully) SNK sale this year. By the way, even comparing alan wake to call of duty is an insult.

[quote name='HDShadow']With that logic, Call of Duty and Wii Sports should, in theory, be the BEST games of all time.

__

I've had Mass Effect 2 sitting here. I don't know if I want to get the DLC. I mean, I know it's good, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. Any suggestions on what DLC I should get if I do bite the bullet?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping and Ultimate edition comes out like with Dragon Age.

I'll still wait it out probably though.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']So question about Perfect Dark; is there any appeal outside of nostalgia? I never played the original and wondering whether I should even bother with it.[/QUOTE]

The multiplayer isn't very good (average at best) but the campaign is aces.

[quote name='Sulaco22']I just got the Force Unleashed II Endor DLC for 80MS points.

This must be some kind of mistake because I don't see it in the list of sales.

Perfect for those who got the collector's edition off Amazon today.

*I just realized it was always 80MS points. Why can't most DLC be priced this way. :)[/QUOTE]

I posted about this earlier in the topic. The splash screen on the game's web site says that the 80 point price will only be good through December, so it could be considered a sale like Super Meat Boy's early pricing. There's also a character pack for 80 points, but the web site doesn't say if that will also go up after December.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Aww did I hurt your feelings? Truth hurts, deal with it. Apparently, it took this sale for people to even remember about this game and even with the price drop people are still on the fence about it. Looking forward to the (hopefully) SNK sale this year. By the way, even comparing alan wake to call of duty is an insult.[/QUOTE]
What's your truth here? The only thing you've said was sales determines quality. Are Avatar and Twilight your fancy in the movie department also? I'm hoping not.

Also- congratulations on mentioning Alan Wake and Call of Duty being compared when Wii Sports was in there. Derp.

[quote name='Amblix']I'm hoping and Ultimate edition comes out like with Dragon Age.

I'll still wait it out probably though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm excited to jump in, just waiting for a time that I'll have everything else in my backlog cleared out.

Is mass effect 2 bad? I got it for 10 bucks and it's been out about the same amount of time. Also, it's dlc is going on sale. I'm not trying to convince you to get Alan wake, I just don't think what you are saying is logical.

[quote name='typical guy']Is mass effect 2 bad? I got it for 10 bucks and it's been out about the same amount of time. Also, it's dlc is going on sale. I'm not trying to convince you to get Alan wake, I just don't think what you are saying is logical.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's bad, but it wasnt appealing obviously. I liked part 1, couldn't get into part 2. I don't get the logic behind you all being sprung over Alan wake. It's your choice, I was just stating why I decided not to get it and why others might not. Didn't mean to hurt peoples feelings :p

Do you guys think Comic Jumper at 800 Microsoft Points is a good deal? Or should I hold off and wait for it to potentially go to 600 Microsoft Points or 400 Microsoft Points? It does look like a game I'd be interested in playing, just that my backlog is pretty formidable.

Before I pull the trigger on just the Writer DLC; all new/sealed, retail copies of Alan Wake still come with that token for the Signal DLC (and that token is still valid) - correct?

[quote name='fatboyjam']Before I pull the trigger on just the Writer DLC; all new/sealed, retail copies of Alan Wake still come with that token for the Signal DLC (and that token is still valid) - correct?[/QUOTE]Fairly certain they do, but if not, the XBLA trade thread is swimming in them.

Just wondering, if I were to buy one of those Alan Wake codes on ebay, which I'm assuming are from the Xbox bundle, would that code also include The Signal or not?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='fei33']Do you guys think Comic Jumper at 800 Microsoft Points is a good deal? Or should I hold off and wait for it to potentially go to 600 Microsoft Points or 400 Microsoft Points? It does look like a game I'd be interested in playing, just that my backlog is pretty formidable.[/QUOTE]

I picked up comic jumper a couple of days ago and I highly recommend it. For the most part it's a sidescroller with some Sin and Punishment /Panzer Dragoon elements mixed in. The game is full of humor and great movie references.

[quote name='RealRuler']Just wondering, if I were to buy one of those Alan Wake codes on ebay, which I'm assuming are from the Xbox bundle, would that code also include The Signal or not?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

No, I have one and it did not come with a code for the DLC like my retail copy did.

[quote name='lordopus99']I decided to pass on the Writer due to not liking the Signal.

Just picked up I Gotta Feeling.[/QUOTE]

for what its worth, i didnt much care for the signal either, but i really liked the writer, and thought it was worth the full price, so i say jump on it, worst comes to worst your out $2.50

I caved in and bought The Writer, and then ordered Alan Wake from walmart.com. I guess I'll find out soon if it comes with The Signal like most people said it would. I always wanted to play Alan Wake, now is the perfect time I guess.

I got Signal and Writer, I didn't read the tread very close so I dont know if I shouldnt have gotten Signal, but for 400 MS for both im sure ill enjoy them both. I actually dont have the game, but am wanting to pick it up used soon since I have always wanted this game.

Side note for mac users:
I am on vacation and dont have access to my xbox and xbox live would not let me purchase anything using safari or firefox. Google Chrome web browser let me do it though. So if you ever need to purchase something or use the xbox live site and your on a mac, use that.

[quote name='fei33']Do you guys think Comic Jumper at 800 Microsoft Points is a good deal? Or should I hold off and wait for it to potentially go to 600 Microsoft Points or 400 Microsoft Points? It does look like a game I'd be interested in playing, just that my backlog is pretty formidable.[/QUOTE]

Comic Jumper is supremely underrated. I loved it. The dialogue can be over the top for some and the different gameplay may not be everyone's favorite thing, but I'd still recommend it. There's a ton of extras and at $10 this is a no-brainer.

A decently opinion on Comic Jumper: I really didn't like the gameplay. It felt a bit stale and while the stylized world was great, I was bored by the end of the demo. I'm waiting for the 400 msp range

Glad to see so much love for AW. I just bought the CE last month and haven't played much but the 20 minutes I've put in so far were probably the most intense 20 minutes of gaming I've had in the last year or so. I'm starting to think the reason I haven't gone back to the game yet is because it scared the crap out of me the first time. That doesn't happen easily. Picked up the Writer for future use :)

Bought the Alan Wake DLC.

They probably didn't put up good sales on Christmas because people are supposed to be spending time with their families, not with their 360's.

you guys are funny, but I agree. I don't have dance central anymore but might buy it again later on so this dlc for $1 versus $3 later on, am tempted. you know girls like to play that kinda stuff, I like to watch :) But wait, there's more....more worse deals later on that is! By the way, the alan wake dlc is still showing up @ 200 ms points.

I don't even have a Kinect but I bit on the Dance Central DLC. My wife has expressed interest in DC so I'll probably end up getting a Kinect. If the list does hold up, then the only thing I would be interested in is the Fable III DLC and maybe the Yoda Lightsaber prop. I'm not one to pay for avatar content but a half-priced lightsaber is hard to resist.

DC content on Christmas makes perfect sense. A lot of people are unwrapping Kinect today. When they hook it up, they're hit with a deal for the game they just got.

I think it's a good move by MS. How many people: are visiting family, have family friends over, or won't be home today? Those people wouldn't be too thrilled if they missed an "awesome" deal. I think the Kinect/Dance Central item for $1 was smart. Plenty of people are getting a Kinect and with the DLC being $1, MS has sold them more than enough points to buy other things too. Personally, I would have liked to see more songs but I understand the reasoning by MS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back