Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='spectreon']Yes the game has achievements but they are not the same achievements. Disc has 1 achievement for Sonic 1 and 1 Achievement for Sonic 2 only if I remember correctly... These allow an extra 800 gamerscore on top of these so not as bad as you make it sound[/QUOTE]
Yep. And for anyone who cares, the XBLA version Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles achievements are all fairly easy 200/200s thanks to them allowing you to save at any point in the game.

Sonic 4 Ep 1 is 10 bucks when DISCOUNTED? Jesus. I was hoping for it to be 5 bucks and I'd be willing to give it a shot, but that's goddamn ridiculous.

[quote name='emg28']It sucks that the Fable III DLC isn't on sale but it was only a slight chance at best. I'll just wait for it to go on sale especially since it doesn't have achievements.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after I saw it has no new achievements, I wasn't as bummed out about it. :cool:

I am interesting in Sonic 4, but 800 MSP still seems a bit high. I was hoping for a crazy, Hydro Thunder style discount down to 400 MSP.

[quote name='Woot1337']Really tempted by Sonic 4. Was hoping for a bigger discount, but this is probably the biggest discount I'll ever see on it. So is it worth it at 800 points or should I pass?[/QUOTE]

We picked it up with our PSN gameshare and, IMO, I'd pass at $10. I think it's a $5 game, and I didn't find anything that isn't worth waiting for a later price drop.

Got Sonic Adventure! Brings back memories of playing this at the demo station at my local supermarket when it came out. Ohh the memories.

[quote name='kburns10']Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection has all of those (except Sonic 4 and Adventure) and includes achievements. It's a great deal for your money and gives you all of the Sonic games on one disc.[/QUOTE]

The disc is also missing Sonic & Knuckles.

Got Sonic 1-3. This is the first thing from this entire sale that I didn't either already have or didn't give a crap about. Glad I finally picked up something.

I never had a Genesis, but played some Sonic 1 and 2 at a friend's house back in the day. If I only got one Genesis Sonic game (and nostalgia meant nothing to me), which one should I get?

Knuckles, because it's the "newest"? (and cheapest?)

[quote name='kburns10']Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection has all of those (except Sonic 4 and Adventure) and includes achievements. It's a great deal for your money and gives you all of the Sonic games on one disc.[/QUOTE]

Plus a whole bunch of other good games.

I figured that Sonic 4 Episode 1 wouldn't be 400 points but I didn't expect it to be as high as 800. Instead I figured it would be 600 points since everything else that has been 1200 in the daily sale ended up at that price or lower.

[quote name='Archaic']I never had a Genesis, but played some Sonic 1 and 2 at a friend's house back in the day. If I only got one Genesis Sonic game (and nostalgia meant nothing to me), which one should I get?

Knuckles, because it's the "newest"? (and cheapest?)[/QUOTE]

Sonic 2 IMHO :)

[quote name='sp8001']Sonic 2 IMHO :)[/QUOTE]

I love Sonic 2. Today I bought 2, Adventure, and Knuckles.

Now, where's my Jet Grind Radio compilation, Sega?!

Just want to say thanks to reddjoey for doing a great job keeping up with these holiday deals. Although my microsoft points are not as grateful lol.

Hmm , I want Sonic 4, but not at 800. And I'd also like to get Sonic Adventure, but will likely be on that Dreamcast compilation with the DX content, so today is a no purchase day for me!

I was skimming a bit but didn't see an answer, so.

If I get sonic 3 and S&K, and link them, thus creating my favorite genesis game of all time (sorry phantasy star 4...) can I get achievements in both while playing it that way?

[quote name='Archaic']I never had a Genesis, but played some Sonic 1 and 2 at a friend's house back in the day. If I only got one Genesis Sonic game (and nostalgia meant nothing to me), which one should I get?

Knuckles, because it's the "newest"? (and cheapest?)[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. Debating between 2 and 3 (already bought S&K)

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I'd like to know this as well. Debating between 2 and 3 (already bought S&K)[/QUOTE]

It's all a matter of personal opinion but I think Sonic 2 is the definitive "Sonic" game. That's the one I remember the most. As much as I liked Sonic & Knuckles, I think Sonic 2 is a much better example of the franchise. If someone had to get one game, I'd pick Sonic 2.

[quote name='Dalrint']I was skimming a bit but didn't see an answer, so.

If I get sonic 3 and S&K, and link them, thus creating my favorite genesis game of all time (sorry phantasy star 4...) can I get achievements in both while playing it that way?[/QUOTE]
I'm 99 percent sure you can't. There's simply no achievements to earn while playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles and for some reason it invalidates the achievements for either game. I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I tested it out and never unlocked achievements.

[quote name='yankeessuck']Plus a whole bunch of other good games.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. A great value.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm 99 percent sure you can't. There's simply no achievements to earn while playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles and for some reason it invalidates the achievements for either game. I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I tested it out and never unlocked achievements.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Like permanently invalidates the achievements, or only while the games are linked?

Ended up getting "SONIC ADVENTURES" on PSN rather than on XBL, since the "SA DLC Add-On" was only on sale at the PSN store for 60% off as well.

I decided I spent too much already this sale so if limbo is 800 points I won't get it. If it is 400 I will get it and if it's 600 my head will explode.

When I read the hint, for some reason I thought the Marvel Ultimate Alliance dlc would be on sale today. I didn't know it was a Sega thing.

[quote name='seanr1221']Just a heads up for everyone. I was going to buy Sonic Adventure, then I remembered a dreamcast collection is in the works. Im sure SA will be on it.[/QUOTE]

You have no idea- my finger was literally on the button until I saw your post. I always felt Sonic Adventure was the best Sonic game ever. I did some research on it and I'll take a chance and wait for this Dreamcast collection to come out.

All I know is that if Jet Grind Radio and/or Jet Set Radio Future are on this compilation, I am sold. In my dream fantasy world, it would also have Shenmue 1 and 2, Chu Chu Rocket, etc.

I went ahead and grabbed Monday Night Combat. It was surprisingly good from the demo. Also looking at Castle Crashers and Limbo. If Limbo is 800 pts, I'm passing though.

[quote name='typical guy']I decided I spent too much already this sale so if limbo is 800 points I won't get it. If it is 400 I will get it and if it's 600 my head will explode.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt Limbo will be 400 tomorrow, more than likely it will be 800.

[quote name='seanr1221']Just a heads up for everyone. I was going to buy Sonic Adventure, then I remembered a dreamcast collection is in the works. Im sure SA will be on it.[/QUOTE]

I would still pick up Sonic Adventure though. The reason being is because that the Dreamcast Collection probably won't have a lot of games on it, maybe 10 or 15. Basically the point is that I think Sega would choose games that don't have as much space (Crazy Taxi) over Sonic Adventure (which is 1.5 GB

[quote name='Cheddahz']I would still pick up Sonic Adventure though. The reason being is because that the Dreamcast Collection probably won't have a lot of games on it, maybe 10 or 15. Basically the point is that I think Sega would choose games that don't have as much space (Crazy Taxi) over Sonic Adventure (which is 1.5 GB[/QUOTE]

Sega has done some crazy shit, but to not put Sonic on a dreamcast collection?

Let's face it, it will just have the games released on XBLA. I hope I'm wrong though.

Anyway, went pretty crazy with this sale.

RDR zombie pack, Shadow Broker, The Writer and Risk.

Then at the same time I picked up non-sale stuff...BFBC2 Vietnam, World of Keflings, Raskulls and Case West.

[quote name='jazzman']I highly doubt Limbo will be 400 tomorrow, more than likely it will be 800.[/QUOTE]

More than likely it will be 600.

Most of the "Summer of Arcade" games have been advertised during these sales and they have been 600 points...

so Limbo will most likely be 600.

I picked up both Crackdown 2 expansions. I just picked up the game for $8 at Blockbuster Video. Loved the first game and if the 2nd one is more of the same, then I'll be happy.

[quote name='ral1121']More than likely it will be 600.

Most of the "Summer of Arcade" games have been advertised during these sales and they have been 600 points...

so Limbo will most likely be 600.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably bite at 600. 800? meh.

Looks to be a very interesting game with a unique art style, but is there any replay value?

[quote name='henryVIII']I'd probably bite at 600. 800? meh.

Looks to be a very interesting game with a unique art style, but is there any replay value?[/QUOTE]

Not much unfortunately. There's some hidden eggs that don't give any achievements. And trying to beat the game dying less than 7 times or not dying at all.

Get a friend to play and laugh at .... I mean with him when he dies a million times is loads of fun. :) That's your replay value.

[quote name='henryVIII']I'd probably bite at 600. 800? meh.

Looks to be a very interesting game with a unique art style, but is there any replay value?[/QUOTE]

Its really just about the experience..

Kind of like riding a roller coaster at Six Flags or something.

You will ride it once, it was great and everything....but after that...meh..

A great experience.............just not the same after.

[quote name='ral1121']When do the deals usually go live? Like 3 hours before 12:00AM?[/QUOTE]

Its been around 6-8PM EST time when the deals are up. Any time now if they aren't already.

[quote name='ral1121']When do the deals usually go live? Like 3 hours before 12:00AM?[/QUOTE]

The holiday daily sales go live at 6 pm Pacific Coast Time.

I had to jump on Sonic Adventure, but now I'll have no points for LIMBO tomorrow. I'm just hoping it goes on sale for 600. 600, I'll bite, 800, no deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back