Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize there was a daily limit now, hit it in only a few hours playing crosswire. Kind of bummed since I was on a roll and planning on racking up some points today.

"Although, I am not completely sure if this is a "website issue", I did have a problem. I recently ordered Halo 2 from this website, but when I ordered it, there was a picture of the Halo 2 Vista picture as the product image. Now the image has changed to the original Xbox version of Halo 2, but when I ordered it, I was expecting it to be the Halo 2 Vista version of the game. I am wondering if maybe my order could be canceled and refunded, as it appears that the item I ordered is not what I really expected. I have had a great time on Live Search Club up to this point, but this revelation is rather disappointing.

If you jumble the words together, into one big string, one point it says butt and then another sex.

But t
his ...
and
was expecting

LOL! Try taking those out.

I got my thousand and now I'll go for another thousand between 8PM and 2:59AM just to see what happens. I have around a thousand points worth of Flexicon puzzles set aside for this occasion.

Does that mean flexicon has a limit?

So what is the fastest way to get tickets. I used to do Flexicon because I'm good at crosswords, but I timed myself on Matt Lauer and it takes me about 30 seconds to answer four questions, and I usually get 8 or 10 tickets. Thats pretty darn quick.

I can't imagine getting tickets quicker than this but I'm sure you guys know some tricks.

Someone created these Flexicon puzzles and eventually there won't be any more games to play until new puzzles are added. I first hit the ceiling on Flexicon at 17k then when new puzzles were added I played until I hit the ceiling at 22k(?) and etc. I'll hit the limit at around 35k then I'll have to play something else until they update the game. I don't think Picture This has a limit though. The game could go on indefinitely because the pictures look like they're randomly generated. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='e3revolution']Does that mean flexicon has a limit?[/quote]
I'm pretty sure the whole site has a daily limit of 1000 tickets if that's what you meant. If you mean limited number of puzzles, yes but they seem to add new ones on a pretty consistent basis.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']So what is the fastest way to get tickets. I used to do Flexicon because I'm good at crosswords, but I timed myself on Matt Lauer and it takes me about 30 seconds to answer four questions, and I usually get 8 or 10 tickets. Thats pretty darn quick. I can't imagine getting tickets quicker than this but I'm sure you guys know some tricks.[/quote]

It's true, but there's very few Lauer puzzles and you burn through them quick. They haven't added anymore in months. Flexicon is great for entertaining while you earn tickets. If you don't mind mindlessly grinding through puzzles Chicktionary or any of the other anagram games coupled with www.thewordfinder.com/scrabble.php will get you through pretty quick. I used to do that, but eventually couldn't stand it and have been doing Flexicon exclusively.

[quote name='Dual45s']I'm pretty sure the whole site has a daily limit of 1000 tickets if that's what you meant. If you mean limited number of puzzles, yes but they seem to add new ones on a pretty consistent basis.

It's true, but there's very few Lauer puzzles and you burn through them quick. They haven't added anymore in months. Flexicon is great for entertaining while you earn tickets. If you don't mind mindlessly grinding through puzzles Chicktionary or any of the other anagram games coupled with www.thewordfinder.com/scrabble.php will get you through pretty quick. I used to do that, but eventually couldn't stand it and have been doing Flexicon exclusively.[/quote]

I haven't burnt out on the Chicktionary type puzzles yet, but I've only got about 31,000 points. Takes about a minute to complete the puzzle for 20 tix

I've been doing Chictionary exclusively lately and it is getting a little boring, but I can go through them pretty easy with a anagram site. I did some of Flexicon, but stopped when anagramsolved ran out of answers for flexicon. I might try that again.

I'm almost to 20k and that's not counting the double points today. I'm debating getting the zune or saving for a 360 if they come back. Are zunes any good?

Ok thanks. I read somewhere that there used to be like a cap of 9500 points for flexicon and all of the puzzles combined caps were not enough to get a 360 or something like that.

[quote name='e3revolution']Ok thanks. I read somewhere that there used to be like a cap of 9500 points for flexicon and all of the puzzles combined caps were not enough to get a 360 or something like that.[/quote]

For a long time last year it was like that, but thank goodness they fixed it.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']So what is the fastest way to get tickets. I used to do Flexicon because I'm good at crosswords, but I timed myself on Matt Lauer and it takes me about 30 seconds to answer four questions, and I usually get 8 or 10 tickets. Thats pretty darn quick.

I can't imagine getting tickets quicker than this but I'm sure you guys know some tricks.[/quote]
Back when the Matt Lauer game was worth 20pts a game I managed to rack up a measly 2188 tickets in over two days until I ran out of games to play. Games like Matt Lauer have a short lifespan. They earn you quick points and let you reach your 1000 point daily cap fast but the joyride ends in a few days when you run out of games. MCF Prime suspects (2640 max) and MCF Titanic (1860 max) fits into this category. They both net 20 points a game but end quick.

If you're in it for the long haul trying to earn some big ticket prizes then I'd get into a steady routine by playing games like Chicktionary, Word Slugger and Spelling Bee. They're all the exact same game but with a different skin. Each game nets you 20 points and each with at least a 23,000 point limit. Multiply that by three and you'll have a trio of games that will net you almost 70,000 points and last for a very long time. This link is all you need for all three games because I honestly can't fathom how someone can list every combination of words from seven letters especially EVERY six letter word combination.

Flexicon is another good game with a limit of around 35k. It's 25 points a game and while it may take a long time if you're just starting you'll gradually memorize the solutions when it repeats again...oh for the next hundred times. If you get stuck all the solutions are right here if you type in the keywords of the main Flexicon hint into the box.

Crosswire is another great game each worth 20 points and with a limit of 22k points. Hints will help you through almost half the match ups and for the rest you could use trial and error or educated guesses. Or you could just use the solutions. :D

To avoid getting burned out I used to do 350 points of Chicktionary, 350 points of Flexicon and 300 points of Crosswire and rotate through all the other games.

[quote name='e3revolution']Ok thanks. I read somewhere that there used to be like a cap of 9500 points for flexicon and all of the puzzles combined caps were not enough to get a 360 or something like that.[/quote]
That was way back when the site got started and there weren't enough games to play. Before the makeover when there was a leaderboard I remember several players with 140,000 lifetime totals. I myself have a lifetime total of 106,000 points. :bouncy:

:DHope everyone is enjoying Double Ticket Day:D

Does the site tell you when you have reached the 1,000 limit or should you stop yourself?

It will tell you but all of the us time zones have passed the UTC day... So you can go get another 1000 points if you want to (in the US). But the Double Ticket day only gives you 1000 if you got 1000 or more

[quote name='Dmitriy']:DHope everyone is enjoying Double Ticket Day:D

Does the site tell you when yopu have reacher the 1,000 limit or should you stop yourself?[/QUOTE]

It will tell you when you complete a puzzle after hitting the limit. You'll see a message pop up and note that you received 0 tickets for whatever you just completed. That seems to be a step later than it should be (ex: after 41 Flexicon puzzles instead of after 40), but at least it tells you in some form.
-Eric

[quote name='e3revolution']I see. The Zune is gone.

It will be back[/quote]

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
2 days away from getting it, now I won't be able to sleep tonight or any night until it comes back.

damnit now theres nothing to get....
16k tickets...ahhh

maybe theyll put up a new zune :p doubt it :(
or a 360/some magazine GC

Man, I've been waiting to get enough tickets this whole month. School is out, I have all the time I need and they do this at the period of time where it seemed the most perfect to earn one. You're right though, I could always order the earphones and plug them unto the computer speakers, won't that be a jolly time? :D

What's in the Box
Zune 80 GB Digital Media Player, premium headphones, sync cable, and three sizes of ear sleeves.

NVM! Zune 80 comes with premium headphones

the xbox came back at one point......
dont know when tho........somewhat recent
and hopefully we get some better prizes to choose from id love to gain a few more then blow off 20-30k tickets

No. It's listed in my redemption history and I also got a confirmation email but no shipping info or package yet.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']Does anybody think there is a possibility that they will put up the 80GB or 4/8GB?[/quote]

Not sure, I just hope they put up ANY Zune, thats the ideal prize on the site.

[quote name='cubetriangle']WHAT THE HELL???! They changed the Halo 2 from Vista to Xbox. I've been saving for the Vista version dammit. :bomb:[/quote]

We're all disappointed today. :cry:

[quote name='Dmitriy']We're all disappointed today. :cry:[/quote]
It's like they knew everyone would hate them for the changes they were planning and decided the only way to avoid a "natives getting restless" scenario was to offer double tickets...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I kind of want the 30GB to return, as an 80 would cost even more tickets and I don't care for a 4/8GB one.[/quote]

Yeah, you have a point. I'm not a huge fan of the bigger MP3 players. The 4/8GB would be my pick.

[quote name='shortaznkid99']Yeah, you have a point. I'm not a huge fan of the bigger MP3 players. The 4/8GB would be my pick.[/quote]
I wouldn't care if they brought any of them back. My personal pick would be the 80GB and I'd give the 30GB I just got to my wife. The 4/8GB ones would be awesome, although they'd probably charge the same as the 30GB for the new 8GB. Still not a bad tradeoff, I'd really like the squircle...

[quote name='benlahue752']idn if itd make a difference, but i think if people wrote in showing how much they want the zune itl get put back up faster[/quote]it'll come back once there are more in stock

[quote name='steelsmack']I wouldn't care if they brought any of them back. My personal pick would be the 80GB and I'd give the 30GB I just got to my wife. The 4/8GB ones would be awesome, although they'd probably charge the same as the 30GB for the new 8GB. Still not a bad tradeoff, I'd really like the squircle...[/quote]

Ooo, squircle! Yeah, I don't like the control ring on the 30GB.

[quote name='2574']It was last seen on May 13. I picked one up before it was taken down again.[/quote]
That was when it made its brief appearance. It was only up a few hours. I'm going to have enough for an 360 pretty soon, this double tickets day is going to help, and I hope I am lucky enough to get in line for one when they make their next appearance...

[quote name='Dmitriy']Do you guys think we should ask them about more Zunes coming out or should we just wait quietly, hoping for the best?[/quote]

Mmmm, I think wait quietly and hope.

i was working for vista home ed. but they removed it when they updated the site, and i had 7k points... you think it's ever coming back? cause thats the only thing i wanted :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back