Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were you guys saying about it being IE only? It let me play just fine with FF. Maybe you guys just cheated. :shame:

Wow .. I'm not sure their reasoning behind those software choices at those point totals, its just screwing legit players since the cheaters will just leave their PCs on longer, good job Incentive Logic / Microsoft.

Watch them mail out that version rather than Ultimate for all the orders waiting from the 20th.

[quote name='Kayden']What were you guys saying about it being IE only? It let me play just fine with FF. Maybe you guys just cheated. :shame:[/quote]
Well, I can say I'm done w/ the site. I tried getting tickets in FF like everyone said, and can confirm using pics that it does in fact, not work:

1st, proving that I was in fact logged in:
loggedin.png

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for, 0 tickets earned:
0tix.png

I can say that since MS is scamming their investors with this anyway, I think I'll go run twice as many searches in google. Way to go cheaters, way to ruin it for everyone else. So to the people who were trying to defend their scamming ways, go play fuck.

[quote name='Kayden']But the chance you'll shut up and none of us will have to read your whining is much better than the chance anyone here or at IL will care someone got something before you.[/quote]

It's called expressing concern and an implied question if anyone else has had this problem. It's not my fault that you can't understand the purpose of my posts.

[quote name='Foladar']Wow .. I'm not sure their reasoning behind those software choices at those point totals, its just screwing legit players since the cheaters will just leave their PCs on longer, good job Incentive Logic / Microsoft.

Watch them mail out that version rather than Ultimate for all the orders waiting from the 20th.[/quote]

Or ship to all of those people empty boxes :D

I think this whole promo was very poorly ran, the intro email that they send out even suggests you could get gift cards and donate points to a charity .. neither of have been seen and that intro email was likely wrote three months ago. Hopefully Microsoft chooses a company that has its stuff together in the future.

It sucks that there aren't enough points to get the 360 on there, and that there haven't been any new puzzles added all week.

[quote name='Chitown021']Have they killed the ability to get tickets completely using firefox or is it only with the greasemonkey script running?[/QUOTE]
I just tried three different games using Firefox and didn't get any points at all.

[quote name='Jobbercho']I just tried three different games using Firefox and didn't get any points at all.[/quote]

Same here. I guess they're now forcing you to use IE...

[quote name='PapiChullo']It sucks that there aren't enough points to get the 360 on there, and that there haven't been any new puzzles added all week.[/QUOTE]
They've been adding puzzles monthly, fyi.
And you can't get Office or 360 atm, you can only get their Home Premium Vista / Zune if you do the lame games.

Oh wow, fuck this. I hadn't checked for a week, and I had been at 5000 points. Guess I should have chunked off that 1000 over the 4th.

I guess I'll order the Laptop tote or FSX and Men's Health and say screw it. Guess MS really didn't want me to have Vista, because I'm sure as hell not buying it now.

[quote name='Foladar']They've been adding puzzles monthly, fyi.
And you can't get Office or 360 atm, you can only get their Home Premium Vista / Zune if you do the lame games.[/QUOTE]
That sucks, it'll probably be down before the time they add any more puzzles. Guess my tickets are going to go to waste then.

[quote name='oceanpitts']Umm.. I use a mac and theres no IE for mac... Firefox, Safari 2, Safari 3, Opera 9, Camino.. all tried to no avail. Any ideas?[/quote]

Use a proxy that can change the user agent from Mac/Safari to Windows/IE. pr0xy.team-duck.com/2 does this, but it doesn't work right now.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Use a proxy that can change the user agent from Mac/Safari to Windows/IE. pr0xy.team-duck.com/2 does this, but it doesn't work right now.[/quote]

if that works then using the user-agent switcher extension for firefox would be much easier.

[quote name='Surferflames']if that works then using the user-agent switcher extension for firefox would be much easier.[/quote]
Tried that, but unfortunately, a page served to an IE machine is going to check to see if the ActiveX Flash extension is installed.

'Course, I suppose you could hit up userscripts and see if anyone posted a Greasemonkey script that converts the code, since it ultimately launches the same swf anyway....

[quote name='Sockey']New article discusses botting:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201001092[/quote]

I'm quite glad people wisened up to the scheme. Investors would have to be retarded to think that people were actually using the results coming up in the searches. The ones from hints, understandable, but this thing was submitting a search for each and every thing entered. So be prepared for the promo to be shut down altogether honestly, since the jig is up.

[quote name='Surferflames']if that works then using the user-agent switcher extension for firefox would be much easier.[/quote]

It would seem so, but I used it, and when I tried to load Chicktionary, it says my version of Flash Player is out of date. But Chicktionary works fine when my user agent is set as Firefox.

EDIT: Just so I don't look like a retard, I did post before I saw uagent's post. :|

Right, because practically every site uses a detection script to make sure Flash is installed, so that the user can be directed to Macromedia to install the proper version for their browser if it isn't. Since your browser is reporting itself as IE, it checks to see if the Flash ActiveX extension is available to the supposed IE browser. Since FireFox doesn't use ActiveX (I don't even think the Mozilla ActiveX plugin really even works), the test fails, and you're directed to install the ActiveX plugin.

[quote name='golddbz2000']he had multiple accounts...which is not cheating...no where in the TOS does it state that you cannot have multiple accounts .[/QUOTE]

I wish they would edit the TOS to not allow multiple accounts...

And, I really hope they still do send Vista Ultimates to everyone who ordered them, not Vista Home Premium (though I don't think they will send Home Premium)

I suppose these changes will stop the cheaters, but it sucks for all these people who don't cheat.

Maybe if they add more points I can get a Zune.

Highly doubt any recent changes will stop any cheaters, just delay them. All its doing is screwing any legit players.

They're going to manually check each account, say the posters at GameFAQS. I don't know whether to believe it or not.

I want my prizes...

[quote name='Foladar']Highly doubt any recent changes will stop any cheaters, just delay them. All its doing is screwing any legit players.[/QUOTE]

Yeah tell me about it... I spent a few weeks playing on and off to get vista to dual boot my mac, and vista got removed when I had 5500 points.. now vista home premium is 20k points and I can't even play because there is no IE for mac and I have yet to find a workaround. I don't know what is worse, the greedy people who had to take advantage and abuse the system, or microsoft for their half-arsed attempt at "fixing" the problem.

Just so you guys know, there is a way to circumvent the point caps on chicktionary and crosswire without using anything like bots or macros. I don't know if this is some kind of hack or not, so i am perfectly fine if it has to be deleted. This can only be done before you hit the cap, not after. Lets say, you are playing crosswire, for example. Play up until you have 980 points. At that time, play one game halfway and quit out before you finish so it brings your total crosswire points to somewhere around 990. Now, play a new game and finish it all the way so you get 20 points. Your total is now 1010, over the cap. From this point on, you can play until you run out of puzzles, at 4280 i believe. Once again, if this is some form of illegal cheating, please delete it from the thread. I have no intention of bringing anything illegal onto the forums

EDIT: Even though I was able to pass the cap on crosswire, i ran out of puzzles at 1960

[quote name='Mitwang']Just so you guys know, there is a way to circumvent the point caps on chicktionary and crosswire without using anything like bots or macros. I don't know if this is some kind of hack or not, so i am perfectly fine if it has to be deleted. This can only be done before you hit the cap, not after. Lets say, you are playing crosswire, for example. Play up until you have 980 points. At that time, play one game halfway and quit out before you finish so it brings your total crosswire points to somewhere around 990. Now, play a new game and finish it all the way so you get 20 points. Your total is now 1010, over the cap. From this point on, you can play until you run out of puzzles, at 4280 i believe. Once again, if this is some form of illegal cheating, please delete it from the thread. I have no intention of bringing anything illegal onto the forums

EDIT: Even though I was able to pass the cap on crosswire, i ran out of puzzles at 1960[/QUOTE]
that is the cap on crosswire

[quote name='M1C13']that is the cap on crosswire[/quote]

Well I feel stupid then. I though the cap was 1000, and that I had passed it.

[quote name='Mitwang']Well I feel stupid then. I though the cap was 1000, and that I had passed it.[/quote] I think the cap on chicktionary is 1000.

Wow I'm pretty glad I ordered my Vista and zune a week ago with these new changes. Now I don't have to worry about going back there heh. Hopefully both items come, that would be marvelous. I'm more worried about the vista but I want the zune more so we'll see.

A question for those who got their zunes: How long did it take from the day you ordered it until the day it was at your house?

seemed from various posts I read about 7 days. Those were from the early guys though, around july 3rd I believe

[quote name='Sockey']I ordered mine on July 4th, I'm really hoping to get it Saturday or Sunday.[/quote]Keep holding your breath until Monday.

Someone should email their support and ask if those who ordered Vista Ultimate will still get Ultimate or will theirs be changed to Home Premium...

[quote name='Mitwang']A question for those who got their zunes: How long did it take from the day you ordered it until the day it was at your house?[/QUOTE]

Ordered mine the morning of the 3rd and haven't received it yet.

Ok, an FYI for anyone else who might be on a mac... I got IE 6 to work through CrossOver for mac... There's a 30 day trial for the program. A little slow, but at least I was able to play some flexicon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back