Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RESmonkey']I'm not Jewish, and as jennyfur mentioned, it's against all religion.[/quote]
then why is it when i unscramble your avatar name it spells "oy vey"

nice try heeb

Ban plz, kthx
[quote name='fruitdog69']then why is it when i unscramble your avatar name it spells "oy vey"

nice try heeb[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Ban plz, kthx[/quote]
so he can insult 3 different religious groups of people routinely with his signature but i can't make a random, nonsensical relgious joke? i'm not surprised someone named kayden who spells please with a z would feel that way.

[quote name='fruitdog69']so he can insult 3 different religious groups of people routinely with his signature but i can't make a random, nonsensical relgious joke? i'm not surprised someone named kayden who spells please with a z would feel that way.[/QUOTE]

His pic is witty. Your "heeb" comment was just cheap and stupid. Fine line, jagoff.

:roll: You're right, antisemitism is hilarious.

That must make me the insensitive prick.

[quote name='fruitdog69']so he can insult 3 different religious groups of people routinely with his signature but i can't make a random, nonsensical relgious joke? i'm not surprised someone named kayden who spells please with a z would feel that way.[/quote]

[quote name='jennyfur']Are you referring to RESmonkey's coexist sig image? Uh... there's more than just Judaism being symbolized there. The crescent is Islamic, and the cross is Christian, and they're all coexisting together in harmony. I think you entirely missed the point. Espeically the "because you're all wrong" bit, which is a decidedly more atheist or agnostic view that isn't part of the original logo (it's more of a witty joke, which I like by the way).

So not sure how you came to the conclusion that he was Jewish unless he mentioned it in some other thread I wasn't paying attention to...

Anyways, back to the Club Live talk. The original deadline for the most recent item I'd ordered has now passed. Granted, when I ordered it they were still only saying 8 weeks so now if they've bumped it to 12 then I still have a chance. Considering I already got Vista Ultimate and a controller with no issue, I don't think that Live Arcade Unplugged should be a problem either.[/quote]

You're one of those people that has to be a smart ass about jokes. He made a joke. I admit it was stupid, but I didn't say anything. If he makes a funny joke, laugh, if it's dumb, don't criticize him, just leave him alone. Everyone makes jokes that are taken the wrong way sometimes, but they shouldn't be flamed for it.

Removed some "exploit" .. racism .. religion .. and whatever else was in that mess, keep it on topic, which is Live Search Club, minus cheats.

[quote name='thericochet']Great. Getting the "Object moved here" bullshit error again in firefox, and IE still won't load the site. MS is fucked.[/quote]

Yeah I got some of that on one of my computers, my desktop, but when I use my laptop it works just fine. I haven't exactly figured this one one, I don't know if you have tried erasing your history and temp files and all of that, but I've heard that can help sometimes. If not, maybe switch computers if that is an option for you.

Does anyone have a solution to the Flash error Seekaddo can generate?

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 8 to run slowly ... Do you want to abort the script?"

It's been stuck like that for me for days -- no matter which computer I use.

[quote name='inubu']Does anyone have a solution to the Flash error Seekaddo can generate?

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 8 to run slowly ... Do you want to abort the script?"

It's been stuck like that for me for days -- no matter which computer I use.
[/quote]

its like that in flash player 9 too its the script in the game, so its not a flash problem, i dont know how to fix it in seekadoo, in crosswire just click no and it works fine.

got my shipping confirmation for the zune case, shipped the 22nd, should be here by tomorrow... thatll make 5/5 for me

[quote name='inubu']Does anyone have a solution to the Flash error Seekaddo can generate?

It's been stuck like that for me for days -- no matter which computer I use.[/quote]

Nope, haven't found a solution for that one, my friends and I have tried emailing about the problem, but that is about as effective as banging my head against the wall. Maybe the bad game will get pulled eventually but no such luck so far.

[quote name='thericochet']Great. Getting the "Object moved here" bullshit error again in firefox, and IE still won't load the site. MS is fucked.[/quote]

The way you fix this is delete your cookies.

In Firefox go into Tools-Options-Privacy- "Clear Now" button.

If it still doesn't work you may need to tweak the "Settings" above the "Clear Now" button.

If that STILL doesn't work go and download http://www.ccleaner.com/ that's what i use (as part of normal disk maintenece) and it gets rid of that Object moved here error every time.

[quote name='CombatFrog']The way you fix this is delete your cookies.

In Firefox go into Tools-Options-Privacy- "Clear Now" button.

If it still doesn't work you may need to tweak the "Settings" above the "Clear Now" button.

If that STILL doesn't work go and download http://www.ccleaner.com/ that's what i use (as part of normal disk maintenece) and it gets rid of that Object moved here error every time.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the tip. I use Ccleaner all the time but usually skip the firefox cleaning because I hate having to re-log onto sites I visit regularly. I'll try it out though.

You're right! It worked. Except I opened the main cookies list and just deleted all the ones from live club. IE is working too after deleting all cookies.

Anyone place any orders in August and received their items?

Ordered 8/16
Estimated Ship Date 10/10

Have yet to receive or hear anything....

My orders from June, July and August haven't moved.

Out of three legit accounts, one was zero'd and all three get the "As with any promotion of this type" bullshit email when I ask where the fuck my prizes are.

[quote name='Kayden']My orders from June, July and August haven't moved.

Out of three legit accounts, one was zero'd and all three get the "As with any promotion of this type" bullshit email when I ask where the fuck my prizes are.[/quote]

Yep. Same has been going on here, I gave up on it.

Pffft. I ordered....

4 Controllers (Received 1)
5 Jumpdrives
2 Vistas
2 Zoo Tycoons
2 Flight Simulators
2 Wired Headsets
1 Zune
1 Zune Case
1 Webcam

And only received the stuff in orange. It's bull crap. But now, I'm going for the Keyboard and Mouse. (But of course, I'm using a little help.) Damn Incentive Logic.

[quote name='M3wThr33']I can't believe people keep trying for this. It's like signing up for a minimum wage job where you MIGHT get your paycheck.[/quote]

It's free. :D

[quote name='M3wThr33']I can't believe people keep trying for this. It's like signing up for a minimum wage job where you MIGHT get your paycheck.[/quote]

No, orders now will come in, since there's no possibility of cheating. It's the old orders that are questionable.

Well I've gotten everything I've ordered, so why not? Besides, like shortaznkid99 said... IT'S FREE. Can't complain about even the possibility of getting stuff when it's free.

[quote name='Access_Denied']No, orders now will come in, since there's no possibility of cheating. It's the old orders that are questionable.[/quote]

Heh well it all depends on what MS classifies as "cheating". I believe they have had no problem with anagramssolved.com, but even still if you accumulate tickets too quickly (using their script plugin for flexicon for example) I think the person screening prize request for cheating may just flag you anyway for the sheer fact that you gained too many tickets too quickly and it's likely that it was illegitimate. And a person using anagramssolved.com could rack up tickets very quickly without botting.

Anyway though it should be much more relaxed now that any new bot program i've heard off isn't publicly released yet.

[quote name='conchopearl']Finally!!!! Just sent off for the Xbox 360.
It took a long time.
But well worth it I think. :)[/quote]

Congrats. When is your expected date? :D

[quote name='conchopearl']Finally!!!! Just sent off for the Xbox 360.
It took a long time.
But well worth it I think. :)[/quote]
same here. Estimated Ship Date: 12/22/2007.

i looked at what the "Pro" bundle is and saw that the games included are the same that you can play for as prizes. i wanted to try for another prize but not sure which. not familiar with xbox shite, does that webcam prize they have work with the xbox 360 or is it just a comp thing?

also, i thought back in the cheating days someone saying if you play multiple accounts from the same ip then they ban you. any truth to that? don't want to ruin my chances of getting the xbox 360 i just sent out for.

[quote name='KaydensMom']same here. Estimated Ship Date: 12/22/2007.

i looked at what the "Pro" bundle is and saw that the games included are the same that you can play for as prizes. i wanted to try for another prize but not sure which. not familiar with xbox shite, does that webcam prize they have work with the xbox 360 or is it just a comp thing?

also, i thought back in the cheating days someone saying if you play multiple accounts from the same ip then they ban you. any truth to that? don't want to ruin my chances of getting the xbox 360 i just sent out for.
[/quote]

If Microsoft finds one account has been cheating, they will cancel any and all orders made to the same adress regardless of account. That's the policy but it's really hit or miss I hear.

You are allowed to have multiple accounts playing and ordering items to the same address (the idea being that you could get your family to play, too) so you have nothing to worry about if playing legitimately.

The webcam is just a comp thing, but it's a pretty nice one (for the price) i hear, lol.

[quote name='CombatFrog']If Microsoft finds one account has been cheating, they will cancel any and all orders made to the same adress regardless of account. That's the policy but it's really hit or miss I hear.

You are allowed to have multiple accounts playing and ordering items to the same address (the idea being that you could get your family to play, too) so you have nothing to worry about if playing legitimately.

The webcam is just a comp thing, but it's a pretty nice one (for the price) i hear, lol.[/quote]

awesome. thanks for the info.

I bought the 20 music downloads last week. MS says it'll "ship" on the 16th of december. What kind of bullshiit is that? What's so time-consuming about emailing a few codes?

[quote name='wonder squirrel']Congrats. When is your expected date? :D[/quote]

Estimated Ship Date: 12/22/2007
I will try to remember to post when it comes in.
So far everything I have ordered has come except the
Zune case and a couple of things to be shipped next month.:bouncy:

[quote name='CombatFrog']If Microsoft finds one account has been cheating, they will cancel any and all orders made to the same adress regardless of account. That's the policy but it's really hit or miss I hear.

You are allowed to have multiple accounts playing and ordering items to the same address (the idea being that you could get your family to play, too) so you have nothing to worry about if playing legitimately.[/quote]
Back in June, I completed Chicktionary puzzles in under a minute just using help from anagrammer.com. And Flexicon took about five minutes with help from oneacross.com (there were no puzzle answers available back then).

My account ended up getting zeroed and I only got one of the prizes that I ordered. Before they had that limit of "one hardware/software prize per household" I ordered two Vistas (ordered 6/22 and 6/28) and a 360 Controller (ordered on 6/30), then I started saving the rest of my points for the 360 bundle. I had about 18,000 points when I got zeroed. :cry: All I ended up getting shipped was just one copy of Vista.

I started a new account and the way I play now is to solve as many Flexicons and Chicktionarys without help and then I fill in whatever words or blanks I'm missing using help sites like anagramssolved. It takes a little longer than before to get points, but so far my new account hasn't been zeroed. Then I just play the other higher point value games - I don't bother with the ones that give you less than 10 points per game.

But with what you're saying, since my only other account has been zeroed before, does that mean if I try to order a 360 to the same address, they won't ship it?:wall:

[quote name='Miranda']Back in June, I completed Chicktionary puzzles in under a minute just using help from anagrammer.com. And Flexicon took about five minutes with help from oneacross.com (there were no puzzle answers available back then).

My account ended up getting zeroed and I only got one of the prizes that I ordered. Before they had that limit of "one hardware/software prize per household" I ordered two Vistas (ordered 6/22 and 6/28) and a 360 Controller (ordered on 6/30), then I started saving the rest of my points for the 360 bundle. I had about 18,000 points when I got zeroed. :cry: All I ended up getting shipped was just one copy of Vista.

I started a new account and the way I play now is to solve as many Flexicons and Chicktionarys without help and then I fill in whatever words or blanks I'm missing using help sites like anagramssolved. It takes a little longer than before to get points, but so far my new account hasn't been zeroed. Then I just play the other higher point value games - I don't bother with the ones that give you less than 10 points per game.

But with what you're saying, since my only other account has been zeroed before, does that mean if I try to order a 360 to the same address, they won't ship it?:wall:[/quote]

Actually I think I was mistaken about the address thing. I though it mentioned it in the terms and conditions but all it says is that it cancels any orders and tickets on the account that was decided to be "illegitimate".

So if you're on a new account I think you'll be fine, I'm sure the "set of criteria" they look at is just a statistic like average tickets per day, or total time playing games that is hidden from our view.

I would be happy if I got atleast one thing.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']All my accounts haven't been zeroed and I did them legit to and nothing ever came in except for 1 faceplate, 1 Kameo, and 1 Vista.[/quote]

Avoid it like the plague. If you do it fast enough to be worth while, they flag you for cheating. If you play slow enough to "be legit" you'll never get anything worth getting in a reasonable amount of time.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Never seen this before. Anyone give a n00b an explanation and some pointers?[/quote]

Well, I stopped getting stuff finally. Here is everything I got from Club Live:
-Kameo
-PGR 3
-Club live deck of cards
-Microsoft headset
-Club live coffee thing

I'm going to play a little more to get a 360 controller and maybe a t-shirt or something.

Well, folk, I'll assume I'm a bit older than the average poster here, since I am 42. So let me give you an ounce of advise that a few of you have already caught on to.

I T I S F R E E, S O B E P A T I E N T ! !

I have been playing on and off since a few weeks after the site launched back in April. All of my points are legit, unless you consider filling in the last few words on Chicktionary from an anagram engine cheating, which I don't since I get through more than half on my own before trying that.

Granted, I am a quick typist and have higher than average word skills having played crosswords and other word games my whole life.

Through about 6 accounts I have accumalated a lot of stuff. I've always received my order confirmation emails, but delivery emails are choppy at best. Most of my stuff just showed up on or around the expected delivery date.

To date I have ordered and received:
Vista Ultimate; Lifecam VX6000; XBox controller; Flight Sim X; Zoo Tycoon and a Zune (black although I actually would have liked brown)

All this from a site that charges me nothing to participate and doesn't even have me pay shipping on the prizes I won. I think it is a great deal and am very happy. If you don't feel it is worth your precious time then find something else to do.

For anyone who botted, thems the breaks when you try to take a shortcut. Sorry, but life isn't always easy. And anyone who didn't cheat but got caught in the deletions, I do understand your frustration, but replaying the same puzzles does go quicker. I know that from doing them on multiple accounts.

I am now up to 22,150 tickets toward my 360. If they "sell out" before I reach that goal, then I will get something else with my tickets or give them to charity, but I certainly can't complain at this point.

To wind down on this rant, the one complaint that I think is valid.... MS should provide some kind of tech support for this site. The malfunctioning puzzles are eating away at they're act of generosity (I know they are motivated by numbers, but we're still getting the benefits.)

It is not so much fun when Flexicon answers don't fit in a poorly scripted puzzle, but at least I get partial credit for that. But this Seekadoo bug is frustrating as hell! Haven't been able to play for almost a month, and I know it is just a matter of someone deleting the one bad puzzle that has the script error. But *sigh* here I take my own advise and just chug along on the other games. Even playing Star Shuffle once in a while to break the monotony.

Finally, to those who have achieved the Xbox 360 holy grail, congratulations! I hope they really do come in just before Christmas to brighten your holidays!

nice rant jude. being that i earned my 360 legit it's encouraging to know that someone else who played without cheating got all their prizes. i'm worried about not getting mine. i even took screen shots of the process in case they try anything sneaky.

[quote name='jude525']Well, folk, I'll assume I'm a bit older than the average poster here, since I am 42. So let me give you an ounce of advise that a few of you have already caught on to.

I T I S F R E E, S O B E P A T I E N T ! !

I have been playing on and off since a few weeks after the site launched back in April. All of my points are legit, unless you consider filling in the last few words on Chicktionary from an anagram engine cheating, which I don't since I get through more than half on my own before trying that.

Granted, I am a quick typist and have higher than average word skills having played crosswords and other word games my whole life.

Through about 6 accounts I have accumalated a lot of stuff. I've always received my order confirmation emails, but delivery emails are choppy at best. Most of my stuff just showed up on or around the expected delivery date.

To date I have ordered and received:
Vista Ultimate; Lifecam VX6000; XBox controller; Flight Sim X; Zoo Tycoon and a Zune (black although I actually would have liked brown)

All this from a site that charges me nothing to participate and doesn't even have me pay shipping on the prizes I won. I think it is a great deal and am very happy. If you don't feel it is worth your precious time then find something else to do.

For anyone who botted, thems the breaks when you try to take a shortcut. Sorry, but life isn't always easy. And anyone who didn't cheat but got caught in the deletions, I do understand your frustration, but replaying the same puzzles does go quicker. I know that from doing them on multiple accounts.

I am now up to 22,150 tickets toward my 360. If they "sell out" before I reach that goal, then I will get something else with my tickets or give them to charity, but I certainly can't complain at this point.

To wind down on this rant, the one complaint that I think is valid.... MS should provide some kind of tech support for this site. The malfunctioning puzzles are eating away at they're act of generosity (I know they are motivated by numbers, but we're still getting the benefits.)

It is not so much fun when Flexicon answers don't fit in a poorly scripted puzzle, but at least I get partial credit for that. But this Seekadoo bug is frustrating as hell! Haven't been able to play for almost a month, and I know it is just a matter of someone deleting the one bad puzzle that has the script error. But *sigh* here I take my own advise and just chug along on the other games. Even playing Star Shuffle once in a while to break the monotony.

Finally, to those who have achieved the Xbox 360 holy grail, congratulations! I hope they really do come in just before Christmas to brighten your holidays![/quote]

I concur.

One of your points though, I'm not sure microsoft even runs this site, I'd assume its ran by the company giving away prizes or possibly a 3rd party with ms only providing there search engine.

The seekadoo problem is frustrating, but it seems other games can be just as frustrating. Flexicon begins to run very slowly on my system as I check the answers off, aswell as crosswire, it really begins to slow down after only a few matched answers. I'm no coder by any means, but it just seems the games are poorly coded and could use some freshening up

I received the 360 controller I ordered on 9/15 late last week via FedEx. Got no shipping confirmation email, just the original order confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back