Lois Lane Smallville Topic (Season 8 DVD/Blu 8/25, Season 9 Premiere Friday 9/25)

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
(For those who are not familiar with Smallville read the Wikipedia entry @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallville_(TV_series) for more information)

Going into season 9 of this long running show the topic is currently dedicated to everyone's favorite hyper energetic ball of energy....

s4-lois1.jpg

smallvilletvposter024.jpg

... Lois Lane who is played by Erica Durance.

For more info on Lois Lane the character = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lois_Lane_(Smallville)
For more info on Erica Durance = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erica_Durance

Discuss Season 8 away! :D

Previous Threads
Smallville Rules = http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...=1#post2293396

WARNING: Giving heads up that there is potential for spoilers to be posted in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... wow!

That last scene on this week's episode really nailed it down for me. Especially the line...

... when Green Arrow tells Clark that the world could use people like them to help save the world.

Great episode this week tho. Preview to next week looks nice as well.

We finally get to see Green Arrow and Lex go at it... or at least that's how it came across to me on the preview.

I'm digging this season so far. Great stuff. :D

Interesting.... I just noticed on Wiki's entry for this season that Batistia is guest starting on the November 16th episode. Very interesting. Since I don't follow the rumor mill/spoiler sites what kind of character is he going to be playing in that episode? I'm assuming a villian since its a one time apperance.

Yes!!! Ollie had retarded ass gimmick arrows!!! Seriously, the more I see of him, I really want them to make a Green Arrow show if Ollie doesn't stick around after this season. He's seriously badass.

[quote name='karsh']Yes!!! Ollie had retarded ass gimmick arrows!!! Seriously, the more I see of him, I really want them to make a Green Arrow show if Ollie doesn't stick around after this season. He's seriously badass.[/QUOTE]

The arrows rocked, but I loved the bow. The moment it retracted and he put it in his holster was awesome.

I really hope they go for a spinoff, seeing as how they made a spinoff of Aquaman even though his episode was really lame.

Change the costume a bit, lose the way too gruff voice, and it'd be perfect for a new show.

Demo, if you are going to keep in the vain of the wrestling threads at least post this link to the old thread for comments from earlier in the season.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2293396&posted=1#post2293396

[quote name='Will']Im sure nobody gives a rats ass but other than video games, this is what I spend my money on-
[/QUOTE]

Will, that is awesome that you collect those. I do give a rats ass only thing I have to say make sure to complete the collection get Tom Welling's too. Since, he is who the show is based around. ;)

Pretty awesome episode last night. A lot happened in it. Hopefully it keeps its pace the rest of the season.

I wonder how many more episodes until they bring in another Phantom Zone person.

[quote name='Demolition Man'] Great episode this week tho. Preview to next week looks nice as well.

We finally get to see Green Arrow and Lex go at it... or at least that's how it came across to me on the preview.
[/quote]

Did the preview show anything other than just Lex and Ollie, as thats all I saw on the preview

And also:

I saw on Kryptosite, I believe, that there will be an episode where there are a few heroes show up. I can't wait for that episode, I think its called Reunion.

[quote name='craven_fiend']And also:

I saw on Kryptosite, I believe, that there will be an episode where there are a few heroes show up. I can't wait for that episode, I think its called Reunion.
[/quote]

Yeah I heard it was supposed to be
a JLA type episode with Flash coming back as well as others...I fogot

It's like the second episode when they come back in January. I thought it was called "Justice" but I may be wrong. It's Cyborg, Flash, Aquaman and Ollie form a mini-Justice League. It sounds awesome already.

[quote name='cdeener']Demo, if you are going to keep in the vain of the wrestling threads at least post this link to the old thread for comments from earlier in the season.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2293396&posted=1#post2293396

Will, that is awesome that you collect those. I do give a rats ass only thing I have to say make sure to complete the collection get Tom Welling's too. Since, he is who the show is based around. ;)[/QUOTE]

I was going for a complete run of the autographs but decided to pull back and stick to the main characters and characters I liked. Welling and Kreuk?SP? are the only two that havent signed for any sets. Theyre fixing to break off the season 5 set and its looking like Professor Fine is gonna be the big sig. Marsters has signed for everything Buffy-verse they have asked him so Im sure he's gonna be in this Smallville set...

OK..back on topic.

Im liking the Green Arrow more and more. Granted he was a little rough in his first appearance, he was way better than the dipshit that was Aquaman last season. Thank god that show spin off didnt happen.

Next weeks episode looks weaksauce from what they showed. I wont get into it too much but it seems to focus on a incident that happened at the boarding school Oliver and Lex were at back in the day.

I could go to spoiler sites but that kills all the fun.

[quote name='Will']I was going for a complete run of the autographs but decided to pull back and stick to the main characters and characters I liked. Welling and Kreuk?SP? are the only two that havent signed for any sets. Theyre fixing to break off the season 5 set and its looking like Professor Fine is gonna be the big sig. Marsters has signed for everything Buffy-verse they have asked him so Im sure he's gonna be in this Smallville set...

OK..back on topic.

Im liking the Green Arrow more and more. Granted he was a little rough in his first appearance, he was way better than the dipshit that was Aquaman last season. Thank god that show spin off didnt happen.

Next weeks episode looks weaksauce from what they showed. I wont get into it too much but it seems to focus on a incident that happened at the boarding school Oliver and Lex were at back in the day.

I could go to spoiler sites but that kills all the fun.[/quote]

Well, I think the Aquaman show could have proved interesting overall considering Justin Hartley (the guy who's playing Ollie) was Aquaman in it. Granted, then we wouldn't have had the genius that is Hartley as Ollie, but it'd be interesting seeing where he went with Aquaman.

[quote name='Will']I was going for a complete run of the autographs but decided to pull back and stick to the main characters and characters I liked. Welling and Kreuk?SP? are the only two that havent signed for any sets. Theyre fixing to break off the season 5 set and its looking like Professor Fine is gonna be the big sig. Marsters has signed for everything Buffy-verse they have asked him so Im sure he's gonna be in this Smallville set...

OK..back on topic.

I could go to spoiler sites but that kills all the fun.[/quote]

Hey just curious since I collect so many things you are peaking my interest with these, but did you get them from ebay as singles or buy boxes to find the sigs? I would have loved to have bought the stuff that Linoel Luther was selling on ebay from his personal collection a year back or so.

6.jpg

Good episode tonight I thought. I was really hoping for a cameo of the brooding dark young man that Lex went to prep school with named Bruce Wayne that they promised years ago but Green Arrow will have to do.

[quote name='Moxio']
What wsa the name Clark mutters at the end?
[/quote]

not sure of the name but it was the woman who helped him in the phantom zone

[quote name='cag1000']Good episode tonight I thought. I was really hoping for a cameo of the brooding dark young man that Lex went to prep school with named Bruce Wayne that they promised years ago but Green Arrow will have to do.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see a Bruce Wayne cameo, they did mention Gotham tonight though...

I don't have much to add, I just saw the Chloe thing and had to click... I started watching Smallville recently, and I love Chloes character so much. I'm about to finish Season 2, so I don't know how long it'll be before I'm caught up. What was my point again? Umm... anyway... Chloe > Lana.

[quote name='Jedi1979']
not sure of the name but it was the woman who helped him in the phantom zone
[/QUOTE]

The name was Raya - the girl who helped and then betrayed Clark in the phantom zone.

Good episode though. I enjoyed how they seem to be branching off to find problems around the world after Ollie's last comment in the Green Arrow ep.

Oh, and EMP arrow = badass.

If only Ollie made that boxing glove arrow. I kept joking around that I wanted him to make that arrow cause it's pretty much his most ridiculous gimmick arrow he's had. I still loved that at least he mentioned it.

Man where do I begin with this week's episode....

I really loved the tension and problems being put into Lex and Lana's love life this week. I have a feeling that by midseason we will see a breakup happening.

Nice action between Clark and this week's Phantom villian.

Next week looks to be total kick ass. Looks like we finally get to see Green Arrow vs Lex. Can't freakin wait.

Anyone else seem to think that once Clark goes on Jor-El's mission, that the show will end? I mean once he goes on the mission, isn't becoming Superman the next logical step?

Awesome episode by the way. Next week's episode will probably have some weird twisted ending, especially from the preview with Clark and Ollie.

^ I thought the same thing. As a matter of fact, I actually logged on tonight to see if anybody else thought the same thing before I go to bed. I had only watched the first two episodes of this season before tonight - and based on those two episodes I thought the show was really slipping. The ones I watched tonight to get caught up gave me new faith (though I still think Jonathan Kent's absence leaves a HUGE gaping hole where there used to be a lot of heart in the show).

All that is to say I wondered even before tonight's episode if they were getting close to wrapping the show. Chloe is in place to quietly disappear into the void that they wrote her out of (how easy would it be right now to use Jimmy to pull her out of the action - she falls in love, tired of doing the reporter thing "for all this time", ready for a new adventure - "we'll always be friends Clark"). Lex is reaching his state of true evil, Jonathan has died, Zod and Braniac have both appeared and been defeated (those were both kind of bonuses anyway, I thought), Lana + Clark has come and gone, and Clark isn't supposed to end up with Lois until much later anyway.

Once Clark goes to train with Jor-El, I don't know what's left but to close the book a-la Seinfeld and go out on top. Not that I really want that to heppen - I LOVE this show. But I'm not sure where else they can go with this. Dare I dream of a Smallville movie to follow the closing of the series and introduce Clark as Superman?

(I know, I know, Tom won't do it, it's impossible, it's already been discussed, etc. It's just a nice thought)

[quote name='chosen1s']^ I thought the same thing. As a matter of fact, I actually logged on tonight to see if anybody else thought the same thing before I go to bed. I had only watched the first two episodes of this season before tonight - and based on those two episodes I thought the show was really slipping. The ones I watched tonight to get caught up gave me new faith (though I still think Jonathan Kent's absence leaves a HUGE gaping hole where there used to be a lot of heart in the show).

All that is to say I wondered even before tonight's episode if they were getting close to wrapping the show. Chloe is in place to quietly disappear into the void that they wrote her out of (how easy would it be right now to use Jimmy to pull her out of the action - she falls in love, tired of doing the reporter thing "for all this time", ready for a new adventure - "we'll always be friends Clark"). Lex is reaching his state of true evil, Jonathan has died, Zod and Braniac have both appeared and been defeated (those were both kind of bonuses anyway, I thought), Lana + Clark has come and gone, and Clark isn't supposed to end up with Lois until much later anyway.

Once Clark goes to train with Jor-El, I don't know what's left but to close the book a-la Seinfeld and go out on top. Not that I really want that to heppen - I LOVE this show. But I'm not sure where else they can go with this. Dare I dream of a Smallville movie to follow the closing of the series and introduce Clark as Superman?

(I know, I know, Tom won't do it, it's impossible, it's already been discussed, etc. It's just a nice thought)[/quote]

A movie to end the series would be nice, but like you said, highly unlikely. They could possibly continue the show another few years, assuming Clark hasn't dropped out of college already. They would make it to the point where he joins the Daily Planet, a few years after Lois.

If this show has atleast 2 season, after this one, left, then I see that as a possibility. Lois could join the Daily Planet at the beginning of next year to help find answers for Chloes disappearance. And then Clark the following year, but still living at home with Ma Kent.

Also, what keeps them from just at the end of the Smallville era, to just take all the cast, minus Welling and Rosethbaum (sp) (both have mentioned film careers), into a Metropolis-type show. Have fresh faces as Lex and Clark (battle torn Lex...end the series with Lex getting smashed and having his hand rise through the rubble and Clark flying off into space, coming back tested and physically changed.

So my damned DVR gave me an error when I tried to watch the episode so I missed out on last week. Can anyone give me a quick recap or direct me to where I could DL the full episode?

Thanks in advance.

pretty decent episode last night...loved the camera view of clark with family and friends at thanksgiving, and then lex and lanna on a big empty table.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Uh oh....

I bet that Lana is preggie.
[/quote]

Pretty safe to say; she said it right out.

and yeah, a very heartfelt episode this time.

it has been mentioned a couple times on tvguide.com about a future storyline/episodes

someone on the show is going to get engaged

also something upcoming about clark and louis..DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

they will kiss in a episode shortly. She allegedly knows about oliver being the green arrow...oliver has clark fill in for him as he has other things to do, so clark is dressed as the green arrow and louise and him kiss...

I was hoping Lana's "medical issue" was a f'n inoperable brain tumor. Damn my luck. At least next week Clark battles another phantom zoner and Batista makes his Smallville appearance.

[quote name='Will']I was hoping Lana's "medical issue" was a f'n inoperable brain tumor. Damn my luck. At least next week Clark battles another phantom zoner and Batista makes his Smallville appearance.[/quote]

ROFL...i was hoping for something like that as well:)

[quote name='Will']I was hoping Lana's "medical issue" was a f'n inoperable brain tumor. Damn my luck. At least next week Clark battles another phantom zoner and Batista makes his Smallville appearance.[/QUOTE]

Not only Batista, but
MARTIAN MANHUNTER!

Bumping the thread for tonight....

So far a wacky but enjoyable episode.

That moment of Batistia giving the "ultimate fatality" to the cop had me screaming a bit. Nice.

I haven't checked any spoiler sites but how much you wanna bet that that dude with the glowing eyes that flew off in a red trail is Martian Manhunter. If i'm wrong it will be dissapointing.

Edit: Bald head fits but does MMM eat oreos in the comics? That trait of his I'm not familiar with if he does?

[quote name='cag1000']I haven't checked any spoiler sites but how much you wanna bet that that dude with the glowing eyes that flew off in a red trail is Martian Manhunter. If i'm wrong it will be dissapointing.

Edit: Bald head fits but does MMM eat oreos in the comics? That trait of his I'm not familiar with if he does?[/quote]

Yea it is.

Well, I have to say Subterranean itself was kinda meh, but wow did the last five or so minutes make up for it. From Lex strutting out rather badassly through 33.1 to the preview, it was amazing. I had to watch the preview again just for the shot that went along with "Well, let's save the world." I really hope the mini Justice League sticks around for a bit when the show comes back. Plus I can't wait to see how Martian Manhunter fits in. Like I said, those last couple minutes made up for a sub-par episode.

[quote name='karsh']Well, I have to say Subterranean itself was kinda meh, but wow did the last five or so minutes make up for it. From Lex strutting out rather badassly through 33.1 to the preview, it was amazing. I had to watch the preview again just for the shot that went along with "Well, let's save the world." I really hope the mini Justice League sticks around for a bit when the show comes back. Plus I can't wait to see how Martian Manhunter fits in. Like I said, those last couple minutes made up for a sub-par episode.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. The episode itself was boring, but I liked the upcoming teaser talking about a war. Plus, I read that
Justice League members are going to be given code-names that match their hero names, although the Flash will be called Impulse instead. Don't know if Clark is going by Superman though. I thought it was neat.

bread's done
Back