Lois Lane Smallville Topic (Season 8 DVD/Blu 8/25, Season 9 Premiere Friday 9/25)

It sucks to see the problem over the last few seasons, were the writers. But its good to see that it can be fairly good again.

Solid show last night. Just wish they would've spaced the layoff period a little bit better. But oh well, January 15th isn't too far away, assuming other shows don't go off in the next 2 weeks.

Damn, I was so hyped for Doomsday, was disappointed to see him stay in the shadows...I wanted to see what he looked like. What's up with Chloe at the end...could we assume that Braniac is back?

In the comics, i believe Doomsday basically hates everything kryptonian, i don't know why brainiac would be happy to see him.

[quote name='JolietJake']In the comics, i believe Doomsday basically hates everything kryptonian, i don't know why brainiac would be happy to see him.[/quote]

In the show, that was the point of Brainiac in Chloe, to take over the fortress and bring Doomsday to "life". At the very least, he's the son of Zod (at least as Smallville goes), so that may play a bit into the Brainiac vibe.

I hate Lana and I hate Chloe, they just stand in the way. I thought that after Chloe's memory was "cleaned" she wasn't going to get in the way but boy was I wrong. This was a good episode but I wish Lana hadn't come back and that Chloe's role in smallville wasn't as important.

Sorry I haven't posted on this Smallville thread before, but I'm really enjoying this season. I've only been watching since season 5 but this is the best season I've seen yet.

So are we to assume laying Chloe down on the Krypton "bed" instantly restored her memory, or a selective memory that Brainiac imposed? Also will we see Michael R. reprise the Lex role at least once this season?

And I wonder who Lana was emailing? Tess I assume?

[quote name='Rig']I'm getting annoyed with trying to get the CW. Any night outside of Thursday, the damn channel comes in. But when Smallville rolls around, I can be sure the antenna is not going to pick it up.

One episode behind, again.[/quote]

The episodes are available for download on the XBox Marketplace. $2 in MS points per episode in 480p. Usually available for download on Friday morning.

This is how I watch them so I don't have to be in front of the TV at a set time as I don't have a DVR.

[quote name='finsfan0210']i missed the episode is it online anywhere yet?[/quote]

If you have an XBox you can download the show onto it for $2 in MS points.

So no new episodes until January? Bummer. Guess I'll be slowing the rate I go through 4000 MS point cards for a couple of months.

I'm a little late to the discussion, got behind on Smallville and only just caught up.

Wasn't Cloe "freed" a couple episodes back? I got the idea Jor-El cleared her, and that Braniac more-or-less "dripped out" of her.

I wondered who Lana is texting myself. I'm thinking it will probably come out that she's "working for" Lex (but really protecting Clark).

Isn't Doomsday...well, is there anything more once Superman fights Doomsday? I'm not big on the comics, and I know they've continued beyond the whole "Death of Superman" thing, but once you've covered Zod & Company, Supergirl, the Justice League, Brainiac...isn't Doomsday kind of the "big moment"?

Just a thought. I love this show and would LOVE to see it go a full 10 seasons, but am having a hard time seeing it go beyond one more (this season's cliff-hanger would be Clark's death to Doomsday, with next season being his re-appearances here and there like in the comics).

Regarding Chloe/Lana/Lois: I'm still not a big fan of Lois, but she's gotten a little softer this season and has more chemistry with Clark than in past seasons. They did a good job of demonstrating distance between Clark and Lana last episode too. Still, I'd like to see a plot twist where Chloe and Lois switch bodies and Clark ends up with "Lois" (really Chloe) in the end.

I'm just rambling. Merry Christmas everybody!

I think this was the best episode Smallville has ever had. I really hope they hire Johns full time to write or just make the show flow better.

It comes on in my area soon, but just to let everyone know, Chloe is always hot lol. So is lois, and the rest of the hot babes on the show. But Shonda farr is the hottest, woman to appear ever on the show.

Anyways, glad smallville is back :)

[quote name='kongfunk']I think this was the best episode Smallville has ever had. I really hope they hire Johns full time to write or just make the show flow better.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, I can't think of an episode in the entire run that topped it.

[quote name='Pookymeister']goth chloe was hot[/QUOTE]

No kidding, evil Chloe was hot

LOL, yea i know. I didn't like that, but the episode was alright, little slow pace tho. I am starting to wonder if the writers listen to the fans. Oh well, next week episode looks ok, lana has super powers and all.

Lana is leaving soon, so all of this clana crap will disappear.

[quote name='JolietJake']She has powers? Again? Didn't they already use that idea?[/QUOTE]

Yep, last time around she tried to kil Lex and busted out her Kung Fu on Clark. And you know it seems odd thinking about it now that Ma Kent and Pete weren't at Chloe's wedding , not even a passing oh they sent a gift basket.

When Lana pulled the gun on Tess, I was like "DO IT LANA! THEN TURN IT ON YOURSELF!"

Sadly, she didn't. Some hero she is. She can't even save the show by killing the two most annoying characters.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']When Lana pulled the gun on Tess, I was like "DO IT LANA! THEN TURN IT ON YOURSELF!"

Sadly, she didn't. Some hero she is. She can't even save the show by killing the two most annoying characters.[/quote]

Don't worry, Lana will be gone for good in about 3 episodes or so, Tess on the other hand will be around for a while.

I wonder if they regret ever even having Clark's parents on the show. Once he grew up, they couldn't wait to get rid of them. Sometimes i think they should have started the show a little later in his life.

[quote name='JolietJake']I wonder if they regret ever even having Clark's parents on the show. Once he grew up, they couldn't wait to get rid of them. Sometimes i think they should have started the show a little later in his life.[/QUOTE]

Series wouldn't have been the same without Pa Kent blaming Lex for crap that wasn't his fault.

[quote name='Vega$']Whats wrong with tess?
A hot babe, tough , and powerful?
Whats so annoying about her?[/QUOTE]

She can't act. She can't act. She can't act. And her character is just plain lame. It's Lex with tits.

I don't mind Tess I just wish they would focus on Clark's story more about becoming Superman. The writers were talking about Kara teaching Clark how to fly last year and he still can't fly, that is so lame. He needs to learn how to fly by the end of the season. Al Gough and Miles Miller are gone now so they can get rid of the no flight no tights nonsense.

I just hope they tie everything up when ever they decide to end the series. The last thing I want is a cliffhanger and then the next season is canceled. Although I hear from kypton site season 9 is looking like a go.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']She can't act. She can't act. She can't act. And her character is just plain lame. It's Lex with tits.[/quote]
So she's like a good number of women on TV these days.

[quote name='coolsteel']I wasn't aware Al Gough and Miles Miller left,did they still do season 7?[/quote]

Yes. That was there last season. Here is the story.

And here is the beginning of their letter.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An open letter from Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, creators and executive producers of “Smallville”...

As the creators of “Smallville” we look back at 7 amazing years. We look back at 152 episodes. We look back knowing that the show will continue into Season 8 without us. After much heartache and debate we have decided it is time for us to move on.

Over the last 7 years we have had the honor of working with a remarkable team of people here in Los Angeles and in Vancouver. We have been blessed with a wonderful cast who we have watched mature with admiration and affection. We have been rewarded with a fan base that is as loyal as it is vocal.
[/FONT]

I just started watching Smallville. I finished Season 1 and am now on Season 2. Does the series get better or worse from here? Is it more action or more drama?

Looks like it will go another season.

They're also doing a new series based on Robin. Though every attempt to get a non-Superman DC property off the ground on WB/CW has failed. Once Birds of Prey flopped, they lost their balls.

The Aquaman pilot (which had the guy currently playing the Green Arrow) was okay and didn't get picked up. Then they decided not to spin off a Green Arrow series.

Next up, they're filming a pilot based on Robin. "The Greysons"

[quote name='ananag112']I just started watching Smallville. I finished Season 1 and am now on Season 2. Does the series get better or worse from here? Is it more action or more drama?[/QUOTE]

The series stays about the same until season 5 , Clark bitches a lot and Lex takes a lot of crap and slowly starts to become colder and more bitter at the world. The show is as much about Lex as it is about Clark and his evolution from alright guy to Satan in a suit was the highlight of those early seasons. And just a warning, get used to seeing caves in season 3

Edit: And birds of prey flopped with good reason, the show stunk! I swear if I heard that line "She's half batman half catwoman" again I would lose it!

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Looks like it will go another season.

They're also doing a new series based on Robin. Though every attempt to get a non-Superman DC property off the ground on WB/CW has failed. Once Birds of Prey flopped, they lost their balls.

The Aquaman pilot (which had the guy currently playing the Green Arrow) was okay and didn't get picked up. Then they decided not to spin off a Green Arrow series.

Next up, they're filming a pilot based on Robin. "The Greysons"[/quote]

http://www.gothamsite.com/ They canceled it.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The CW Scraps Plans For "The Graysons"[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smallville executive producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders had been working with Supernatural's McG on a project taking on another DC Comics legend - Robin - in a series called "The Graysons." Unfortunately, trade paper reports confirm rumors that the series will not come to be.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Variety reveals that Warner Bros. Pictures' Jeff Rubinov was the one to pull the plug, claiming that Rubinov initially gave his blessing but changed his mind in recent days.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The studio has opted not to go forward with the development of 'The Graysons' at this time as the concept doesn't fit the current strategy for the Batman franchise," the studio said in a statement. "Warner Bros. Television is currently working on several replacement options for the CW."[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A failure to launch for The Graysons may very well improve the chances of a Smallville Season 9 - or it could hopefully mean something even better than The Graysons should come down the pipeline. Stay tuned.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Wow power really sucked. I think this was the worst episode this season. And for the first time Tess bothered me and her wearing a turtle neck all episode didn't help.

I think this was just a set up for the next episode when Lana leaves the show. Looks like they are using a new actor for Lex next week as well. It can't be any worse than this weeks episode.

[quote name='coolsteel']I'm behind, didn't see last week's ep. From everything I heard it was a stinker[/quote]

The only thing you need to know is that Lana put on some kind of Super Suit that Lex's Scientists were making that gave her powers. So far she can run as fast as Clark and I guess she is strong too. I wouldn't be surprised if she flew before Clark does.

Tonight's episode was pretty boring. Felt the same about last week's.

Honestly, I really only watch because I've "invested" so much time into it already. I would actually prefer that they don't renew for a 9th season (if they haven't already).

I felt the same way after watching 15 minutes of tonight's ep, I just don't care anymore but i've watched too many seasons to just quit so close to the end.

Bummer. I just started season 7 and it's interesting so far. It sounds like this show is winding down with 8 and I'm starting to really wonder now how they are going to end it already. Anyone even interested at this point in having a season 9?

I enjoyed the episode because now I know there will be no more Clana ever again. Hip hip hooray hip hip hooray. And it was a lot better than last weeks episode. No more new episodes until March 5th.

bread's done
Back