Lois Lane Smallville Topic (Season 8 DVD/Blu 8/25, Season 9 Premiere Friday 9/25)

[quote name='JolietJake']Are they going to drag this out into another season? They need to get this over with and either kill him or save him.[/QUOTE]

Season 9 has already been confirmed...so yeah, another season. I myself was hoping it'd end with 8, since I bascially watch "just to watch".

[quote name='Rig']Season 9 has already been confirmed...so yeah, another season. I myself was hoping it'd end with 8, since I bascially watch "just to watch".[/QUOTE]

Jesus..... can we eventually get some closure with Smallville?

[quote name='Pookymeister']i swear if they use the Time ring again to wrap up the plot...[/QUOTE]

Pretty much a given (and prolly in the first 15 minutes of next season's premier), considering it didn't come up this ep.

What the hell was that? Overall, that was a pretty good episode. But, like the Lost finale, I was treated to great action leading up to a painful and dissatisfying climax, like getting a blowjob till you're within seconds of cumming only to be promptly kneed in the balls.

I really liked "Jimmy" finding out Clark's secret and figured that was just one more step on the road to him becoming Superman proper. The separation of Davis and Doomsday was nice as well. Putting aside the fact that Doomsday isn't supposed to show up until long after Clark has become Superman and hooked up with Lois, making Doomsday a person (at least in the way that Clark is a person; not of this Earth) was a really dumb idea. He should have just been the monster all along.

The battle in the streets, while curtailed, was pretty awesome. But seriously- Doomsday is killed by a simple (albeit impressively large) explosion? They built it up that nothing on Earth could kill the monster, so that made no sense. Plus they reused the exact same footage of the explosion from that Justice League episode.

And then there was the death of "Jimmy". I loved the whole scene in the watchtower until Jimmy actually died. At that point, I was shocked, confused, and pissed off. How could they kill off Jimmy Olsen on a goddamn Superman show? And then of course they went with a total cop out/retcon by saying that he was "Henry James Olsen" and strongly implying that his little brother was the real Jimmy, despite never giving any indication that the character was not the real deal. Total bullshit.

Why did Chloe say that Oliver (along with Bart and Dinah) had disappeared? Oliver was right there at Not Jimmy's funeral with her. And I doubt anything good can come of Lois and the time ring. How would she even know to think about a point in time when she slipped the ring on? If I recall correctly, that's the way it works, and she vanished a second or two after putting it on.

After all this, we're left with the return of Zod. I like Zod, but still... whoop-dee-fucking-doo. What a huge disappointment.

I agree the finale sucked ass. I was expecting an epic battle between superman and doomsday and instead clark gets hit once in a face then throws him into a power plant. The end. WTF?

They never even showed him dead. I hope this show ends soon, next season or so.

Edit- What i meant in my last post was whether or not the doomsday storyline was going to be wrapped up at the end or not. Still seems like they might bring him back next season.

Maybe I missed something by not watching this season but I did watch the finale and if I had watched the whole season for a finale like that, Id be SUPER-pissed.

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. They use an entire season to build up the Doomsday fight and it lasts all of 5 seconds.

I don't know why I keep watching this show. It is just one dissapointment after another.

[quote name='BillyBob29']Horrible. Absolutely horrible. They use an entire season to build up the Doomsday fight and it lasts all of 5 seconds.

I don't know why I keep watching this show. It is just one dissapointment after another.[/QUOTE]

It's a mystery to me too. I don't know why I keep watching Smallville even after the show turn to crud seasons ago. I guess after investing so much to time into it, I developed this false sense of hope that it's going to get better soon. Hmm maybe next season the story will get better...oh noes there I go again!

PS. Heroes is another show I feel is going the same route.

Major bump to this thread with the dates for both the DVD/Blu release for season 8 along with.... yeah, the CW has officially moved Smallville to Friday plus the season won't start until September 25th which is well after all their other shows start.

I'll let you folks discuss this but honestly.... this looks to be the last season. Would be nice for the CW to at least let Smallville go out on a high note on its long established Thursday time slot but I guess that is asking for too much.

But at least the show replacing it in the time slot looks to be a good show. It's about a high school girl's love triangle with vampire brothers, after all.

[quote name='Pookymeister']But at least the show replacing it in the time slot looks to be a good show. It's about a high school girl's love triangle with vampire brothers, after all.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a show that will make it to mid season at best. Either that or it'll become a "huge hit" for the CW so it'll drag out for years.

Damn they want the show gone that bad? Friday is a death sentence for sure and with Supernatural also on its last season I doubt I will be looking at the network past this.

I'll hope and pray there is no season 10. Let it die after this season.

Friday nights? Damn. I've hung in there (like many of you), simply because I put this much time into it already. But this might be the thing to get me out of the series. I don't think I can devote every Friday night, and I don't have a DVR (nor do I want to start recording).

[quote name='Pookymeister']whoops, forgot this aired tonight.

And CW isn't on Hulu[/QUOTE]

I looked up Smallville earlier and it did come up. Didn't notice it just linked to the CW's website. But here it is:

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/smallville/

I'm assuming the CW will put new episodes online but who knows. They do have an area for full episodes so only one can imagine they might do so.

Aside from the last 15 seconds or so, I thought this was a pretty bland season-opener. Then again, this show has had serious plot, script, and pacing problems for years now, so I'm not really surprised. Meh.

Clark was not a good enough influence on Pete:

1021_sam_jones__getty_ex_2.jpg

One of the stars of "Smallville" was arrested this morning -- after cops say he was part of a conspiracy to deal more than 10,000 pills of oxycodone.

TMZ has learned Sam Jones, who played Clark Kent's best friend on the show, was taken into custody by DEA agents who claim Jones was a "co-conspirator" in a series of major drug deals in 2008.

According to documents filed in federal court, the DEA claims Jones was the "Hollywood connection" in a plot to illegally purchase and distribute the oxycodone.

Jones has been charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute. He's due in federal court in L.A. later today.

If convicted, Jones faces up to 20 years in federal prison.

1st look at Hawkman:

hawkman-smallville_l.jpg

It’s official: Smallville’s upcoming two-hour Justice Society-centric “movie” is now an actual movie. Sources confirm to me exclusively that The CW has jettisoned the separate titles that were initially assigned to each of the two episodes — “Society” and “Legends,” respectively — in favor of the singularly sensational (and far more marketable) Smallville: Absolute Justice.
What’s more, I hear the movie — which marks the debut of Michael Shanks as Hawkman (pictured) — will air as a seamless two-hour event with only one set of credits.
By the way, the air date for Smallville: Absolute Justice was recently changed from Jan. 29 to Feb. 5. Adjust your schedules accordingly.

Anyone watch Absolute Justice this past Friday? It was actually pretty awesome, gave me hope for the season, hopefully things pick up from now on.

The "movie" was alright.

I'm finding it easier to tune in this season than the last couple. I still don't think it's that great these days, but, I'll hang in until the end of the season.

New Episode Tonight;

DC COMICS' CHARACTER MAXWELL LORD VISITS METROPOLIS - Lois (Erica Durance) investigates the early prison release of ex-District Attorney Raymond Sacks (guest star Dylan Neal) but he threatens her with a gun when confronted. The Blur (Tom Welling) saves her, but is captured on by a delivery guy (guest star Dustin Schwartz) who plans to sell the photo to Sacks. Lois and Clark each attempt to thwart the delivery of the photo and run into Maxwell Lord (guest star Gil Bellows, "Ally McBeal"), a wealthy tycoon and Checkmate operative, who is trying to learn The Blur's identity to eliminate him. Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) discovers Zod's (Callum Blue) secret. Posted on KryptonSite. Brian Peterson directed the episode written by Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson (#3SX5269).

i just watched it an hour ago. I thought it was pretty good.

So question is : Will he pull it out himself, or will MM/Hawkeye catch him?

Is it me or is does Tom Welling make Clark look like some bumbling idiot with powers? It's like he's getting outsmarted by someone every episode.

This is pretty much the case since the first episode :whistle2:#

[quote name='Tony208']Is it me or is does Tom Welling make Clark look like some bumbling idiot with powers? It's like he's getting outsmarted by someone every episode.[/QUOTE]

It's because somewhere along the line DC decided that Superman is an idiot and Batman is a genius. Basically Supes is all muscle, while Bats has the brains and detective skills. On Smallville, without Chloe Clark would basically be lost. He couldn't track down a lost dog let alone some super villain.

Noticed the Smallville thread has been MIA, but since the series just ended I thought I'd resurrect it to see what people thought of the finale.

I thought it had a lot of fluff and unneeded exposition about destiny, and could have used more action. But the last 20 minutes of it were what I've wanted for years. When the show got it right, it was fantastic, so I'm disappointed that we won't see any more than 10 minutes of Tom Welling's Clark Kent as Superman.

[quote name='johnnypark']Noticed the Smallville thread has been MIA, but since the series just ended I thought I'd resurrect it to see what people thought of the finale.

I thought it had a lot of fluff and unneeded exposition about destiny, and could have used more action. But the last 20 minutes of it were what I've wanted for years. When the show got it right, it was fantastic, so I'm disappointed that we won't see any more than 10 minutes of Tom Welling's Clark Kent as Superman.[/QUOTE]

I dunno...the last episode was a disappointment. It was like it was fucking around for the first hour and a half. We finally see Clark in the outfit, but honestly most of it was CG and very few close ups. The effects seemed rushed. Lex losing his memories was like wtf? I honestly would have liked to have seen him get into his green and purple power suit to take on superman.

To fast forward 8 years later to show that L and C are still not married?
What was that blue thing Lois was talking about?

Honestly Wellington does NOT look good in the Superman returns outfit.

Hmmm Lex as president elected........

Yea it looks like they pretty much opened the door for the Metropolis series..

It was a good sendoff, but honestly, the finale was just not a good episode with Apokalips sized plot holes and Smallville brand cheesy dialogue.
The whole Darkseid story was COMPLETELY rushed and extremely anticlimactic. He just pushes Apokalips away. The End. If that's all he had to do, why didn't he do that an hour and a half ago? Tess just wipes Lex's memory away? If she had the chance? Why didn't she just kill him?

Pacing problems were I think the root of it. The flashbacks at the Fortress just felt way too damn long.

Wasn't a big fan of the last episode myself. Way too many things I could nitpick. The buildup to Darkside was pathetic, at best. And since Tom Welling didn't want to be seen in the outfit, we got some pretty terrible camera angles in the last few minutes.

But then, Smallville has had many episodes each season that were rushed/poorly planned. I was honestly glad to see it come to an end.

I thought the finale wasn't that good. All the good stuff was pushed into the last 15 minutes. The battle with Darkseid was silly, there was no real shot of Welling in the suit for whatever reason (legal, his preference, or otherwise), and Clark's handling of his biggest crisis to date was mostly out of our sight in saving the world from Apokalips.

It had a nice run, but the end was rushed.

But is it truly the end? What will CW do now that there number one show is done?

You know instead of the whole chloe thing... they could have had something with Kara in the future looking back at historical records to see how Clark finally became superman.

Ouch, that was a bit of a train wreck of a finale. I had a bad feeling about how rushed things would be after they spent the last five or so episodes on completely inconsequential filler, and sure enough, they managed to fritter away all the important events they were building towards throughout the season with throwaway scenes and anticlimactic battles. I won't miss this show one bit.

Maybe this is why I just watch maybe the first 3 or 4 episodes of the season then the last 2 episodes of the season...

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Ouch, that was a bit of a train wreck of a finale. I had a bad feeling about how rushed things would be after they spent the last five or so episodes on completely inconsequential filler, and sure enough, they managed to fritter away all the important events they were building towards throughout the season with throwaway scenes and anticlimactic battles. I won't miss this show one bit.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, all the buildup, and the climaxes lasted seconds, were nothing but a blur or out of sight.

bread's done
Back