Lollipop Chainsaw Preorder TRU $44.99 w/ FS

D.Choy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Toys R Us.com has Lollipop Chainsaw up for preorder at a cool $44.99 with free shipping ($15 off MSRP) for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Different websites are giving off different dates for the release though. Amazon, Target, and Wikipedia = 4/24, TRU = 5/22, BB = 6/1, and GameStop = 8/1. I know for a fact that it has an official release of May 19th for Japan but WB hasn't announced a firm release date for United States so tread lightly. Signs obviously point to an April release date for the US though.

Lollipop Chainsaw now has an official release of June 12, 2012

Still, a decent price for a game that looks to be pretty fun. If you want those preorder codes you are out of luck if you choose to order from TRU. The preorder costumes are exclusive to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.

Link: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lollipop%20chainsaw&origkw=lollipop+chainsaw&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

----------

Also, recently there were some new anime inspired costumes announced for the game. If any of you watch anime and are fans of High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Is This a Zombie, or Manyu Hiken-Cho then this news will excite you! Screenshots of all the costumes can be found at the link below, thanks Rychy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ool-the-dead-x-lollipop-chainsaw-illustration

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lupe guillotine']Wow, two months ago for a response. Mine is being prepared to be shipped. I don't care for the length, I still remember paying for Devil May Cry 1 $50 when it came out and that was short. Fun game though.[/QUOTE]yeah, but when DMC 1 released games weren't avail for 40%-60% off MSRP in less than a month & if your like most CAG's your backlog can hold you till the price drops. I want the game to succeed but they need to put a lil more effort on their end too so it's worth the $60. I mean neverdead has a $20 MSRP now & this will be grouped in with it unfairly.

[quote name='D.Choy']

But yeah I agree, I don't think Lollipop Chainsaw or Shadows of the Damned would have an ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]

i wonder which one will sell more in its first month :whistle2:k

[quote name='Enuf']yeah, but when DMC 1 released games weren't avail for 40%-60% off MSRP in less than a month & if your like most CAG's your backlog can hold you till the price drops. I want the game to succeed but they need to put a lil more effort on their end too so it's worth the $60. I mean neverdead has a $20 MSRP now & this will be grouped in with it unfairly.[/QUOTE]

True. I think they started to do the 40%-60% off MSRP within a month once Devil May Cry 2 came out. That game wasn't that bad, but it wasn't worth the $50 when it first came out. I still remember buying it at $20 at a Best Buy.

At least Warner Brother is putting some advertisement money behind Lollipop Chainsaw. So I hope that helps a bit.

[quote name='Enuf']yeah, but when DMC 1 released games weren't avail for 40%-60% off MSRP in less than a month & if your like most CAG's your backlog can hold you till the price drops. I want the game to succeed but they need to put a lil more effort on their end too so it's worth the $60. I mean neverdead has a $20 MSRP now & this will be grouped in with it unfairly.[/QUOTE]

this. and as you said if its only 4 hours that is just sad.

games really need to start selling at 30 dollars. i mean unless you are halo, mario, COD or some other huge name it is really hard crack the market with a 60 dollar game that is a new IP. i want this game to succeed but i dont see blowing 60 on it right now. perhaps if best buy deal of the day this game for 30 or maybe even 40 i'd consider. 30 most certainly.

i really dont understand how publishers cant grasp the fact that not all games merit 60 dollars. new IP's especially rarely merit 60 dollars.

granted this is a summer release and the last story has been delayed or pushed back so that helps this game a lot.

i really wish this game does well. but again the backlog. and again its so short. this all means no day 1 buy.

[quote name='Japakneez']i wonder which one will sell more in its first month :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Lollipop chainsaw, the girl power angle will help this plus there's actually promos galore for it & stores will have a somewhat decent stock on hand. I had to return/rebuy SOTD 2 times just to make sure I got it from BB & got a pm.

[quote name='kayne2000']this. and as you said if its only 4 hours that is just sad.

games really need to start selling at 30 dollars. i mean unless you are halo, mario, COD or some other huge name it is really hard crack the market with a 60 dollar game that is a new IP. i want this game to succeed but i dont see blowing 60 on it right now. perhaps if best buy deal of the day this game for 30 or maybe even 40 i'd consider. 30 most certainly.

i really dont understand how publishers cant grasp the fact that not all games merit 60 dollars. new IP's especially rarely merit 60 dollars.

granted this is a summer release and the last story has been delayed or pushed back so that helps this game a lot.

i really wish this game does well. but again the backlog. and again its so short. this all means no day 1 buy.[/QUOTE]If they were sneaky it would seem to be smarter to offer more credit $30 for the title instead of discounting the price. The larger credit offer would make it more "acceptable" to...mainly non-CAG's & even some of use would do it if there's was a good trade in deal avail that would offer at least $25. If it's me I'm always gonna add credit prior to reducing price b/c at least the revenue will be higher.

[quote name='kayne2000']

i really wish this game does well. but again the backlog. and again its so short. this all means no day 1 buy.[/QUOTE]

Then buy it.

The less sales, the less likely we are going to get another Suda51 game. I'm buying it 'cause I got it for $45 and I loved NMH. So I figure I can support the game because Shadows of the Damned slipped under my radar and I still don't own it.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Then buy it.

The less sales, the less likely we are going to get another Suda51 game. I'm buying it 'cause I got it for $45 and I loved NMH. So I figure I can support the game because Shadows of the Damned slipped under my radar and I still don't own it.[/QUOTE]

i intend to just not right away. again i cant afford every new game at 60 dollars. maybe if i become a millionaire which if you have any secrets to that please let me know!!

The whole point of this thread is that the game isn't $60 right now, so that price shouldn't keep getting thrown around...

The game is short, but it has great replay value. If you plan on just beating the story once and getting rid of it, you're doing it wrong.

I am normally a fan of Suda51 but I think I'm going to to wait for this to hit $30 or less. The "4 hours for one playthrough" reports have me not wanting to drop even $45 on it right now.

I find it funny that everyone wants this game to succeed but almost none are willing to pay for it. None of you get to complain about only seeing sequels.

I managed to snag it while it was this price at Amazon... I'm looking forward to trying it :) I like a few of the alternate costumes... the two Highschool of the dead ones for sure!

For $45, I don't mind if the campaign itself is only 4-6 hours.. I plan to run through a couple times at least.

I'm getting it for $45 at amazon as well, I figure even if the game is only 5 hours, as long as it's an enjoyable 5 hours I'll be satisfied.

[quote name='GF_Eric']The game is short, but it has great replay value. If you plan on just beating the story once and getting rid of it, you're doing it wrong.[/QUOTE]

I can only assume that you've played it then - can you elaborate on why this is?

Since I got it for $45, I figure at the very least I can dump it on BB without being out too much overall with their TIV bonus going on, if I don't like it much.

I got BB to price match it over the phone. You gotta be a silver-tongued devil to talk them into it. This way I also get the bb dlc. It'll likely be on sale for 40 before 30 days anyhow but this is a nice buffer if not, plus I've got a lot of bb store credit so figured I would bite.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I can only assume that you've played it then - can you elaborate on why this is?

Since I got it for $45, I figure at the very least I can dump it on BB without being out too much overall with their TIV bonus going on, if I don't like it much.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have played it and beaten it. The game is full of unlockable stuff and hidden things in the levels (and there is different hidden stuff depending on what difficulty you're playing on). You won't have access to even 10% of it by just playing through the story once. And it isn't just costumes, either (the anime costumes aren't even available until you beat the game once) but the combos and upgrades get better and better the more you unlock which, in turn, make the game more fun because you can get better scores in the ranking modes for each level.

The unlock system is pretty clever, too, because you earn more medals (which are the currency in the game) based on how well you play. Unlocking better combos helps you play better, which helps you unlock more stuff. To unlock everything and fully upgrade Juliet takes multiple runs through the game. Plus, the ranking modes are pretty addictive even if you don't care about the online leaderboards (you earn an achievement in each level for beating Juliet's Dad's scores, which are always crazy high).

Like I said, if you only play through it once, you're doing it wrong.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I find it funny that everyone wants this game to succeed but almost none are willing to pay for it. None of you get to complain about only seeing sequels.[/QUOTE]

the point is not all games deserve a 60 dollar price tag. new IP's especially shouldnt launch at 60 dollars.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I find it funny that everyone wants this game to succeed but almost none are willing to pay for it. None of you get to complain about only seeing sequels.[/QUOTE]correction everyone IS willing to pay for it but paying what is the question for a completely new IP. It's different if you already know what to expect but in the current game climate people are just being more careful on what they pay for. If this was a $20-$30 thread or $25 credit more people would be more than happy to take the plunge.

[quote name='Enixbelmont']How did you people get it price matched at best buy?

Pretty much exactly what I'd like to do, if possible.[/QUOTE]YMMV
1-call BB & place an online order, tell CS that you just found the TRU offer & would rather continue thru with your order if they match it.
2-If the $45 remains online Tues. use your smartphone to get an in-store match(but this price may change before the store opens)

About a few weeks ago I canceled my TRU preorder since Amazon had it for the same price.

Don't remember if I had to pay tax or not on the TRU deal but getting this for $45 with RDD is nice. I forgot it came out tomorrow, I checked my e-mail and was like holy shit it's time already. Can't wait to play it.

[quote name='Enuf']correction every IS willing to pay for it but paying what is the question for a completely new IP. It's different if you already know what to expect but in the current game climate people are just being more careful on what they pay for. If this was a $20-$30 thread or $25 credit more people would be more than happy to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

Guess you will continue to play COD 78 at full msrp while every other developers who wants to try something new are chased out of the market because no one is willing to pay the same money they pay for the established franchise's minimally distinguished 20th iteration of the same old same old.

Fun fun fun.

I cancelled my preorder after watching gameplay videos, looks boring and goofy. Best Buy DotD $17.99 next month watch...

I'll play it eventually though lol.

I wish we could do ban bets here. CAGs make so many ridiculous predictions that never come true. Just innocent one week bans would be nice :)

[quote name='$hady']I cancelled my preorder after watching gameplay videos, looks boring and goofy. Best Buy DotD $17.99 next month watch...

I'll play it eventually though lol.[/QUOTE]

Glad your time is so valuable that it's worth playing a boring game. Good to be you.

[quote name='$hady']I cancelled my preorder after watching gameplay videos, looks boring and goofy. Best Buy DotD $17.99 next month watch...

I'll play it eventually though lol.[/QUOTE]

What a dumb illogical post.

I'm getting it because from amazon since they had the release day delivery. But I'm also getting this because I appreciate grasshopper and suda's efforts to try to bring different games in a sea of shooters and other overdone genres. Trying something different from Suda's studio has always rewarded me with awesome experiences, laughs, and new styles of gameplay, and I in return but their games because I like variety in gaming; not the same crap over and over again.

[quote name='Enuf']correction every IS willing to pay for it but paying what is the question for a completely new IP. It's different if you already know what to expect but in the current game climate people are just being more careful on what they pay for. If this was a $20-$30 thread or $25 credit more people would be more than happy to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

Which is my point. If you're not willing to risk $60 (in this case, $45) on a new IP, then you don't get to complain when there are no more new IPs.

Ordered through TRU. Does anyone know how long it takes them to ship? Will I receive the game this week at least?

Thanks OP for the post.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']has anyone else's amazon order shipped?

i picked RDD, and it still says shipping soon[/QUOTE]

Mine got shipped at around 5:33 California Time (I forgot time zone right now)

Mine shipped at 11:30AM Central time.

[quote name='kayne2000']the point is not all games deserve a 60 dollar price tag. new IP's especially shouldnt launch at 60 dollars.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty silly thing to say.

Mine still says shipping soon, too. Hhrrrmm...

[quote name='whoknows']That's a pretty silly thing to say.[/QUOTE]

hardly. when you are competing against well established franchises and launching a new IP and you are doing it this late into the generation of systems where there is SOOOOO much to choose from in the 20 dollar and under range. there is no good reason to launch this game at 60 bucks. not one good reason.

fire sale this at 30 from the start and it will fly off the shelf. this isnt halo or COD that will sell millions regardless and can even sell the 150 dollar special editions with ease. this is a new IP in a crowded market. firesale it at 30 bucks to start with. let it gain a fanbase. then part two can try the 60 dollar thing and hopefully have a story mode beyond 4 hours. which is another point 4 hours is exceptionally short for a single player only game. since as far as printing CD's goes this isnt exactly something that cost 60 bucks to do. burning CD's is cheap and easy. and if we use digital downloads this is a non issue. so a fire sale for 30 bucks from the start is plenty of money to make a profit because it will sell a lot more copies. people are a lot more willing to try a new IP at half price.

I have had RDD games ship as late as 10 or 11pm PST and I still got it the next day. I wouldn't worry if your game hasn't shipped yet.

[quote name='kayne2000']hardly. when you are competing against well established franchises and launching a new IP and you are doing it this late into the generation of systems where there is SOOOOO much to choose from in the 20 dollar and under range. there is no good reason to launch this game at 60 bucks. not one good reason.

fire sale this at 30 from the start and it will fly off the shelf. this isnt halo or COD that will sell millions regardless and can even sell the 150 dollar special editions with ease. this is a new IP in a crowded market. firesale it at 30 bucks to start with. let it gain a fanbase. then part two can try the 60 dollar thing and hopefully have a story mode beyond 4 hours. which is another point 4 hours is exceptionally short for a single player only game. since as far as printing CD's goes this isnt exactly something that cost 60 bucks to do. burning CD's is cheap and easy. and if we use digital downloads this is a non issue. so a fire sale for 30 bucks from the start is plenty of money to make a profit because it will sell a lot more copies. people are a lot more willing to try a new IP at half price.[/QUOTE]

you have no idea what you're talking about.

Amazon dropped the price back down to $44.99 so anyone that preordered/orders should now get it for that price.

[quote name='whoknows']That's a pretty silly thing to say.[/QUOTE]
Right, that's saying Dishonored or The Last Of Us shouldn't release at $60 when those titles will both probably be worth every penny and then some.

I would agree there are many games that should not release at $60 though. LC is probably one of those games if you expect any kind of decent sales for it. Either way I'm personally excited to get it tomorrow for the $43 I paid (Amazon + gold box).

[quote name='kayne2000']lol sure buddy whatever you say.[/QUOTE]

You want to play business analyst but you don't have a friggin clue how business modeling works.

You don't price this game ("because it's a new IP") at $30. You price it at $60 so that people think/assume/know it's a premium title. Then you have a sale on it (ohhh, say, $45) so that people jump on the "deal." You take advantage of first week sales at the sale price and hope to get good word of mouth.

Secondly, you have absolutely 0 (ZERO) modeling behind your statement that you will sell tons at $30. If you price it at $30 out of the gate, people think it's a cut rate title and ignore it altogether. How many titles with MSRP $30 out of the game do CAGs buy at launch? 0.01? Shit like Mayhem and Jack the Ripper vs Whatever comes out at $30.

Yes, not all games are worth $60. Most of us at CAG don't buy anything except a few choice games at $60. But your statement is foolish and is based on nothing but your belief that this game would sell at $30 and that it's worth $30. Perhaps to you, but one man does not a market make.

Your statement that new IPs shouldn't be priced at 60 (aka full price) is just stupid. By that logic, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo, etc, would've launched at half and if you were the business analyst on that decision, you'd have been fired and working at mcdonalds.

Like ShockandAww said, that's like saying dishonored should release at $30. You should email sony and let them know your great logic.

bread's done
Back