Lollipop Chainsaw Preorder TRU $44.99 w/ FS

D.Choy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Toys R Us.com has Lollipop Chainsaw up for preorder at a cool $44.99 with free shipping ($15 off MSRP) for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Different websites are giving off different dates for the release though. Amazon, Target, and Wikipedia = 4/24, TRU = 5/22, BB = 6/1, and GameStop = 8/1. I know for a fact that it has an official release of May 19th for Japan but WB hasn't announced a firm release date for United States so tread lightly. Signs obviously point to an April release date for the US though.

Lollipop Chainsaw now has an official release of June 12, 2012

Still, a decent price for a game that looks to be pretty fun. If you want those preorder codes you are out of luck if you choose to order from TRU. The preorder costumes are exclusive to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.

Link: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lollipop%20chainsaw&origkw=lollipop+chainsaw&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

----------

Also, recently there were some new anime inspired costumes announced for the game. If any of you watch anime and are fans of High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Is This a Zombie, or Manyu Hiken-Cho then this news will excite you! Screenshots of all the costumes can be found at the link below, thanks Rychy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ool-the-dead-x-lollipop-chainsaw-illustration

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of glad I didn't get this one, it's mostly been getting middling reviews based on the fact that it's short and the combat gets repetitive quick. It seems fun enough for a $20 purchase in a month or two though.

Sorry about that auto correct from phone. If you get Toys R Us to price match the $44.99 price for Chainsaw Lollipop and also price match Best Buy deal of the day for Silent Hill Downpour for $19.99. You can qualify for the BOGO 40% off. This brings your total down to roughly $57.00 after tax. You will then have bought Chainsaw Lollipop for $44.99 and Silent Hill for $12. You can trade Silent Hill in at Gamestop for $21 store credit and also plus 30% if you trade towards a game. I got $28 for my copy plus the lady screwed up at Toys R Us and I got Silent Hill for $8 and and made a quick $20 :D

[quote name='flubbedpython']Price match this preorder and silent hill downpour. Got silent hill for 12the bucks and traded in for 28the :D[/QUOTE]You lost me at 12the, and again at 28the.....

[quote name='confoosious']where the fuck is my copy, amazon!![/QUOTE]

Still waiting :[ Then again, my SR3 copy didn't show up until after 7pm PST on release day.

I'd like to make the hour drive to Best Buy tomorrow to get a TRU price match, but with my luck they would deny it since it is the website price. So I'll have to wait.
My BB gift cards would be the only thing that could get me the game anytime soon.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Still waiting :[ Then again, my SR3 copy didn't show up until after 7pm PST on release day.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised. Mine didn't ship 'til after midnight and showed up here around 1:30pm. Still waiting on the preorder bonus code, though.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I'd like to make the hour drive to Best Buy tomorrow to get a TRU price match, but with my luck they would deny it since it is the website price. So I'll have to wait.
My BB gift cards would be the only thing that could get me the game anytime soon.[/QUOTE]try pm'ing via phone since they would need to use the web to verify the price anyways. I don't really get it since my BB's never call to verify stock or price they just go to the stores site & check there. If I show it on my smartphone then that's cool too.

[quote name='Enuf']try pm'ing via phpne since they would need to use the web to verify the price anyways. I don't really get it since my BB's never call to verify stock or price they just go to the stores site & check there. If I show it on my smartphone then that's cool too.[/QUOTE]

At any regular Best Buy, I figured all I would have to do is pull it up on my phone. But all the Best Buy stores in Columbia want to hassle me when I PM stuff. They always want to call the stores, ask them a million questions, and then after verifying the price, talk in secret with the manager to get permission.
So that would be my luck. I would go in, show it to them on the phone, they would call TRU, and TRU would tell them that it was $60 in-store.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']At any regular Best Buy, I figured all I would have to do is pull it up on my phone. But all the Best Buy stores in Columbia want to hassle me when I PM stuff. They always want to call the stores, ask them a million questions, and then after verifying the price, talk in secret with the manager to get permission.
So that would be my luck. I would go in, show it to them on the phone, they would call TRU, and TRU would tell them that it was $60 in-store.[/QUOTE]all I can say is try calling 1-888-237-8289 to get the pm since most of the CAG's who have issues getting them in-store have started doing in-store p/u just so they can call for the pm's vs dealing with store reps. If they still say no you're in the same boat but if they say yes you're ahead with a new route to take from now on.

[quote name='kayne2000']perhaps but good gosh did vanquish have amazing gameplay. it even had amazing AI. and one thing that just sort of blew my mind was you can download the DLC for that game while the game is playing and it will automatically just get incorporated into the game. the story sucked but it was one hell of a ride.[/QUOTE]

Vanquish gameplay was incredible. I can't think of any other game that had such well-tuned and thought-out player, enemy, weapon, and level design. The tactical missions were a masterpiece.

[quote name='Enuf']all I can say is try calling 1-888-237-8289 to get the pm since most of the CAG's who have issues getting them in-store have started doing in-store p/u just so they can call for the pm's vs dealing with store reps. If they still say no you're in the same boat but if they say yes you're ahead with a new route to take from now on.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

[quote name='spmahn']I'm kind of glad I didn't get this one, it's mostly been getting middling reviews based on the fact that it's short and the combat gets repetitive quick. It seems fun enough for a $20 purchase in a month or two though.[/QUOTE]

Ok that is your opinion. I myself had no problem handing money over to Suda 51. I may be a bit basis since he is one of my favorite developers/creator but hell if it helps him create more awesome games like this and Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes he can have my money.

PS: I also pre ordered off amazon and never got the DLC code yet. My roommate works at GS and I have both DLC codes for the xbox and PS3 that I don't know what to do with lol.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Ok that is your opinion. I myself had no problem handing money over to Suda 51. I may be a bit basis since he is one of my favorite developers/creator but hell if it helps him create more awesome games like this and Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes he can have my money.

PS: I also pre ordered off amazon and never got the DLC code yet. My roommate works at GS and I have both DLC codes for the xbox and PS3 that I don't know what to do with lol.[/QUOTE]

i can haz a 360 one pwetty pweaze???

[quote name='kiwimonster']Ok that is your opinion. I myself had no problem handing money over to Suda 51. I may be a bit basis since he is one of my favorite developers/creator but hell if it helps him create more awesome games like this and Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes he can have my money.

PS: I also pre ordered off amazon and never got the DLC code yet. My roommate works at GS and I have both DLC codes for the xbox and PS3 that I don't know what to do with lol.[/QUOTE]

You know Suda hasn't fully directed a game since the first No More Heroes, right? Everything since then has been handled by others but with some of his creative input. The way CheapyD puts it (he knows people that worked at Grasshopper), Suda doesn't do much work as executive producer/writer and takes a lot of days off to play video games at home.

I'd like to grab the PS3 one from you if you don't mind

So, yeah, preordered Lollipop Chainsaw from Amazon for $44.99 and bought it to help support games that are more than just another shooter.

But this feels more like an XBLA title. The combat system is extremely basic, i'm playing on hard and I'm just drop kicking zombies then slicing their heads off while they are stunned, and not really doing anything else because that's the most effective tactic.

The camera can be god awful at times, especially if you try and use the awful lock-on system. You're really better off just not even using the lock-on, which is weird.

Also, you can't skip cutscenes you've already watched. I dunno why in this day games still do this.

All in all, game should have been on XBLA for $19.99. If you're on the fence, just wait for a price drop, it's not worth full price.

FYI, if you preordered from amazon and didn't get your code, they'll give it to you if you contact customer service through e-mail or live chat.

[quote name='Shadow Cloud']I canceled my preorder last night after reading more reviews and somehow I was still emailed the DLC preorder code.[/QUOTE]

If you are not going to use the Lollipop Chainsaw DLC code. Could I have it?

I don't see how people think this game is bad, I think its freaking hilarious and great. But to each their own. I preordered from both gamestop and amazon to get the two codes I wanted, and will return the gamestop one.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I don't see how people think this game is bad, I think its freaking hilarious and great. But to each their own. I preordered from both gamestop and amazon to get the two codes I wanted, and will return the gamestop one.[/QUOTE]I think it's because so many people have forgotten what it's like to just play a game and have fun.

[quote name='krashhole']I think it's because so many people have forgotten what it's like to just play a game and have fun.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. The only problem I really had was Zombie Baseball. Aside from that the whole game is fun. The control might be somewhat iffy at times. Some moments the camera angle will get you killed. Overall it's a fun game.

You guys can't expect everyone to like the games from developers like Grasshopper or Platinum... they have very unique styles and gameplay. Frankly, I don't care for the mechanics of their games either, I just love the outrageous style/humor.

Its not that its bad.. its bad for the price. You have to compare it with other titles out there begging for your hard earned coin.

If wanted a 4 hour gameing experience, I'd buy Journey (which is critically acclaimed by everyone) for $20. Not all games are AAA top shelf releases, and not all games should come in at $60 a pop.

We bought Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers for the Wii for $10. For $10, it was a great game, and its VERY similar in style to Lollipop Chainsaw. if it cost us $60, we would have ragged on it relentlessly, and wanted our money back.

IMHO, this just should have been released as a budget title for $30, and included all the skins.

We don't mind popping for $60 on a game if its another Arkham City, Bayonetta, Skyrim, or God of War. When we were done playing all of those, we really felt we got our money's worth from them. But if something isn't that same level of craftsmanship, and doesn't have the same amount of depth in playabilityand production value, it shouldn't have the same price.

(And FWIW, we also felt Uncharted II and II should have been released at $40 or so... while they had great production value, the gameplay on both was far too easy.)

We did get Uncharted 3 for $40 after the $20 kmart discount coupon, and that felt about right price wise for that title, even though we both bat it in under 8 hours on hard easily. Instead of big discount launch coupons, they should just price titles accordingly.

[quote name='Gareee']Its not that its bad.. its bad for the price. You have to compare it with other titles out there begging for your hard earned coin.

If wanted a 4 hour gameing experience, I'd buy Journey (which is critically acclaimed by everyone) for $20. Not all games are AAA top shelf releases, and not all games should come in at $60 a pop.

We bought Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers for the Wii for $10. For $10, it was a great game, and its VERY similar in style to Lollipop Chainsaw. if it cost us $60, we would have ragged on it relentlessly, and wanted our money back.

IMHO, this just should have been released as a budget title for $30, and included all the skins.

We don't mind popping for $60 on a game if its another Arkham City, Bayonetta, Skyrim, or God of War. When we were done playing all of those, we really felt we got our money's worth from them. But if something isn't that same level of craftsmanship, and doesn't have the same amount of depth in playabilityand production value, it shouldn't have the same price.

(And FWIW, we also felt Uncharted II and II should have been released at $40 or so... while they had great production value, the gameplay on both was far too easy.)

We did get Uncharted 3 for $40 after the $20 kmart discount coupon, and that felt about right price wise for that title, even though we both bat it in under 8 hours on hard easily. Instead of big discount launch coupons, they should just price titles accordingly.[/QUOTE]

We? Is that your shtick? To refer to yourself as We?

I'd rather have 6 hours of LC then 10+ hours of God of War to be honest.

Are you just an alt account for kayne2000? You're basically saying the same thing he did and I already countered all of his arguments.

Can you please get it through that thick head of yours that some people 1) don't care it's only 4 hours and 2) that you can replay it over and over again.

It you think the game blows and sucks balls, then you're entitled to your opinion. However, stop making dumb arguments about how long a game should be and how it should be priced.

The only thing worse than jr mods on this site are the jr business analysts.

@vinny - yep, it's not for everyone. I know it's sophomoric humor and I enjoy it.

@halluzinations - that "we" crap is annoying. I figured he just copied and pasted that section from a random shitty gaming site.

Me personally, I do not like games that you have to put 100's of hours into. Sure, you get your moneys worth from titles like that, but I like to keep a revolving gaming library. On average, I like games that can be beat in less than 10-12 hours.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you just an alt account for kayne2000? You're basically saying the same thing he did and I already countered all of his arguments.

Can you please get it through that thick head of yours that some people 1) don't care it's only 4 hours and 2) that you can replay it over and over again.

It you think the game blows and sucks balls, then you're entitled to your opinion. However, stop making dumb arguments about how long a game should be and how it should be priced.

The only thing worse than jr mods on this site are the jr business analysts.

@vinny - yep, it's not for everyone. I know it's sophomoric humor and I enjoy it.

@halluzinations - that "we" crap is annoying. I figured he just copied and pasted that section from a random shitty gaming site.[/QUOTE]

For some reason you seem to think that your opinion is the only relevant one. It isn't, and the majority of people posting on the web about Lollipop Chainsaw are all saying the same thing.

Have you even played it all the way through yet? Do you even HAVE it
yet?

By we, I mean my wife and myself.

There is nothing worse than myopic fanbois that will defend an arguement to the death.

Do you work for the production company? It sounds like it, since you are such a staunch defender of the title.

I recall the exact same defense of Duke Nukem last year.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']I wouldn't say it's 4 hours. It's quite longer. I'm really loving the game.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, its 4-6 without replaying levels, even on hard.

I was hoping it might be a bit tougher and longer, like say, Bayonetta.

[quote name='Gareee']For some reason you seem to think that your opinion is the only relevant one. It isn't, and the majority of people posting on the web about Lollipop Chainsaw are all saying the same thing.

yet?

There is nothing worse than myopic fanbois that will defend an arguement to the death.

Do you work for the production company? It sounds like it, since you are such a staunch defender of the title.

I recall the exact same defense of Duke Nukem last year.[/QUOTE]

:roll: learn to read. I didn't say this game was great. I said it wasn't for everyone. I even said you were entitled to your opinion if you thought the game sucks balls. I just wish people would stop trying to play jr business analyst on titles due to length of title and/or uneducated opinions.

[quote name='Gareee']For some reason you seem to think that your opinion is the only relevant one. It isn't, and the majority of people posting on the web about Lollipop Chainsaw are all saying the same thing.

yet?

I recall the exact same defense of Duke Nukem last year.[/QUOTE]

People on "the web" are also saying the same thing we are, that it's a good title.

I doubt ANYBODY made that defense for DNF. I mean a game that long in production, then after they lose the rights to it in a lawsuit, its rushed out by a different company is sure to be a disaster/average at best. Anybody who made that defense for DNF was delusional.

[quote name='confoosious']:roll: learn to read. I didn't say this game was great. I said it wasn't for everyone. I even said you were entitled to your opinion if you thought the game sucks balls. I just wish people would stop trying to play jr business analyst on titles due to length of title and/or uneducated opinions.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of contradictory, this is a cheap gamer site, all it supports is "jr business analysts" to look at shipping costs, gameplay value, worth etc. to justify costs.

There's a difference between personal financial/budget analysis and thinking you know how to price games for the general public.

I know what I would spend for a car and I know what's important to me: gas mileage, safety, cargo space, whatever. That doesn't mean I know how the auto companies should price cars or what their retail strategy should be.

Yet, we have people who think new IP should never come out at full price.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Speaking of contradictory, this is a cheap gamer site, all it supports is "jr business analysts" to look at shipping costs, gameplay value, worth etc. to justify costs.[/QUOTE]

His point is that judging a game's worth solely on the length of the game is stupid. Are two hour movies worth more than hour and a half movies?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']People on "the web" are also saying the same thing we are, that it's a good title.

I doubt ANYBODY made that defense for DNF. I mean a game that long in production, then after they lose the rights to it in a lawsuit, its rushed out by a different company is sure to be a disaster/average at best. Anybody who made that defense for DNF was delusional.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame more people don't just acknowledge that some games aren't going to be for them and leave it at that. Unfortunately, a game sucks if it doesn't appeal to them, or it should have launched on XBLA which not only would severely damage profits for a small company like Grasshopper, but it also wouldn't fit.

The game's data is 4 times the size of the 2 GB limit on 360, and while I know some of that would be reduced in a digital version they'd still have to cut things to fit within that and harm the audio quality with some serious compression.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Speaking of contradictory, this is a cheap gamer site, all it supports is "jr business analysts" to look at shipping costs, gameplay value, worth etc. to justify costs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there is that.. LOL!

I'm just so disapointed by all these over hyped games that just don't deliver the goods.

Not every game can or should be a Skyrim, but they should shoot to give the gamer a good play value for the dollar.

And theres nothing wrong at ALL with releasing games at a lower retail price. With all the HD collections being released as well, there is more competition for our gaming dollars.

And I never said the ONLY reason is its worth the money was the games length. Thats one of the major reasons though.
How in depth is the combo system compared to say, Bayonetta? From all the reviews, its pretty limited.

I can't honestly think of ONE game that either of us beat in 4-5 hours that we felt was worth $60.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']His point is that judging a game's worth solely on the length of the game is stupid. Are two hour movies worth more than hour and a half movies?[/QUOTE]

It's not stupid if that's what someone values. It's also not stupid to value single player story over multiplayer or vice versa. If you bought a 4 hour game for $12 a hour ($48) you might be upset that you paid more per hour than watching a movie ($5 an hour for 2 hour movie). You may also love the developer and hate that he keeps pricing himself out of gaining more widespread support and thus the ability to make more games by charging so much for a short game.

It's the internet, let people say what they want.

i was kinda hyped for this game and since I have a blockbuster game pass i was gonna rent it then decide if i should buy it or not. buy my local stores dont carry it. whaaaaa

[quote name='ijustw1n']It's not stupid if that's what someone values. It's also not stupid to value single player story over multiplayer or vice versa. If you bought a 4 hour game for $12 a hour ($48) you might be upset that you paid more per hour than watching a movie ($5 an hour for 2 hour movie). You may also love the developer and hate that he keeps pricing himself out of gaining more widespread support and thus the ability to make more games by charging so much for a short game.

It's the internet, let people say what they want.[/QUOTE]

It is stupid. Judging by play length is the gaming version of the megahertz myth.

Is Infinite Jest worth more / better than Gatsby?

[quote name='ijustw1n']It's not stupid if that's what someone values. It's also not stupid to value single player story over multiplayer or vice versa. If you bought a 4 hour game for $12 a hour ($48) you might be upset that you paid more per hour than watching a movie ($5 an hour for 2 hour movie). You may also love the developer and hate that he keeps pricing himself out of gaining more widespread support and thus the ability to make more games by charging so much for a short game.

So you do believe two hour movies are worth more than hour and a half movies. Awesome.

[quote name='Gareee']Not every game can or should be a Skyrim, but they should shoot to give the gamer a good play value for the dollar.[/QUOTE]

Oh god, I hope every game wasn't Skyrim. Else, I'd have to quit gaming.

It's the internet, let the people say stupid crap like this because they are "entitled to it."

Wait, you're a CoD player. Makes perfect sense now.

i would've been sad if i paid 60 for this, but

absurd cag logic to justify purchase:
$45 from amazon +$20 for sh:downpour from bestbuy yesterday= $65 for both games;
essentially an msrp b1g1 free orrrrr 32.50 each.

i can live with that. :)

[quote name='technicalstylez']i would've been sad if i paid 60 for this, but

absurd cag logic to justify purchase:
$45 from amazon +$20 for sh:downpour from bestbuy yesterday= $65 for both games;
essentially an msrp b1g1 free orrrrr 32.50 each.

i can live with that. :)[/QUOTE]

Dammit I couldn't get on the Silent Hill: Downpour deal either because I am in crutches and couldn't drive to my Best Buy and of course no shipping either. I hate you....

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Are two hour movies worth more than hour and a half movies?[/QUOTE]
I've read that Bollywood movies are all 3 hours long because Indian audiences don't consider anything shorter than that to be a good value!

Got my Amazon DLC code finally. Loving the game.

Also remember Genesis games were $50 back then, and then factor in inflation and you get over $60. So I have no problem with this being 4 hours because I bought games back in the 90's that were an hour to an hour and a half long.

Lol...how about this:
-If the game looks cool and you think you'll like it and want to spend $45-60 on it, do it (I did and personally love it). Go play and have fun.
-If you don't think it looks good or think it's too short or don't want to spend $45-60 on it, don't buy it, and move on with your life and buy something you do want instead of trying to convince others not to get it or complaining for pages in a deals forum about a game you can't really judge because you haven't played it and don't intend on playing it.

Problem solved?

bread's done
Back