Looking for Colony Wars clone

CHARYODA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Before I begin, if I'm in the wrong forum for this I apologize.

Anyways I've just started watching the new Battlestar Galactica (not even through all of season 1 yet) and this made me itch for a space shooter along the lines of Colony Wars (which I loved but for some reason never picked up).

So my question really is are there any games somewhat similar to Colony Wars on the current gen (any system except PC since I run OS X)? I'm thinking that I'm going to stop by a few used game stores on my way home from work today and look for Colony Wars at least but I'd love to get some more recommendations.

You may want to check out BSG Beyond the Red Line. It is basically a stand alone Galactica game using the open source Freespace 2 engine. A demo is available for multiple platforms including OS X. Very promising as long as it doesn't get foxed.

[quote name='voidcoefficient']You may want to check out BSG Beyond the Red Line. It is basically a stand alone Galactica game using the open source Freespace 2 engine. A demo is available for multiple platforms including OS X. Very promising as long as it doesn't get foxed.[/QUOTE]

I've actually run accross this however I noticed that it said that there may be spoilers to the show so I'm trying to hold off on it until I'm done with Season 3 (2, 2.5, and 3 are on their way to me from DeepDiscount :) ).

Rei no Otaku:

Thanks for the heads up on Project Sylpheed for the 360, hopefully I can nab a cheap copy used cause I have time to burn since my girlfriend is in Italy at the moment and I need something to do :)

[quote name='CHARYODA']I have time to burn since my girlfriend is in Italy at the moment and I need something to do :)[/quote]

Masturbate. It is cheaper. Also Project Sylpheed is sweet.

I know you said current gen, but Star Trek: Invasion on the PS One is made by some of the people responsible for Colony Wars.

Some dude playing it on an emulator. Vide really starts at about 1:00.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8OcFhzKIYs[/MEDIA]

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I know you said current gen, but Star Trek: Invasion on the PS One is made by some of the people responsible for Colony Wars.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this one too, my list is growing to the point that I should be able to find at least one of these :)

Kendal: Thanks for the tip :p

If you're enamored with the gameplay style itself and don't mind trading a black backdrop for a blue one and some pesky gravity, you might try Ace Combat 6.

[quote name='looploop']If you're enamored with the gameplay style itself and don't mind trading a black backdrop for a blue one and some pesky gravity, you might try Ace Combat 6.[/QUOTE]

I actually have Ace combat 6 already and I've enjoyed it immensely but I appreciate the thought on that cause you're pretty much right in that they're quite similar.

[quote name='CHARYODA']I actually have Ace combat 6 already and I've enjoyed it immensely but I appreciate the thought on that cause you're pretty much right in that they're quite similar.[/QUOTE]
Project Sylpheed is basically Ace Combat in space, so it should be right up your alley.

bread's done
Back