Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ Best Buy Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Theatrical Edition] (9-Disc) Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ (StickerBook) [Best Buy Exclusive]

6735bc07e2ad0f1065df1c6fcf63d1aao.jpg

Price: $84.99 MSRP
Pre-Order Price: $64.99 Sale
Release Date: April 6, 2010
SKU: 9794135
Pre-Order Date: March 2 & 7, 2010
Minimum Deposit: $5.00 Required
Limited Quantity: 5-10 copies per store
Size: Jumbo
Other: StickerBook
Link: BestBuy.com
Store Locator: BestBuy.com

According to Brana, Best Buy is getting LotR Trio on BD Jumbo SteelBook but printed on Sticker. Now we have 4 different versions of LotR Trio (Best Buy, Future Shop, FNAC and Amazon.de). Best Buy are the stickerbook, Future Shop is jumbo, FNAC (French) get 3 individual steelbook cases, and Amazon.de (Germany) will have 3 individual steelbook cases housed in a slipcase.

Edit: Pre-order this and get a Steelbook case for free. Required $5 deposit. Must order between 2/4/10 and 4/5/10. Limit 3 per customer.

What is Stickerbook?
Stickerbook is printed on a high gloss photo sheet then laminate on the blank steelbook.
postcard-104341-3557-b.jpg

What is SteelBook Jumbo?
SteelBook Jumbo holds up to 6 disc, measuring by 6.7" x 5.4" x 1.14"
JumboProducts.jpg

2lj58wx.jpg

Courtesy to mmcvey (Bluray.com)

Fine Print: Available Tuesday, April 6, $5 deposit required. DVDs and Blu-ray Discs not included with Steelbook case. Pre-order must be made between 02/04/10 - 04/05/10. Release date subject to change. Limit 3 per title per customer. While supplies last. No dealer. Good in USA only. Void where prohibit. Distributed in the USA by Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91522. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
whew! glad I'm not the only one, went to one BB and saw an endcap w/ the promo but empty! Grabbed the actual manager (he was the only one around) and asked about it. Something about the fine print said it started in Feb, like 2/24 or something and lasting until march..so he said they were probably all gone. Another location I stopped at had nothing on display whatsoever and clueless employees.

Guess I'm going to BB again tomorrow, this time I hope not to 2 or 3!!

Picked one up today, and I'm kind of dissapointed by it. It's just a big black generic steelbook case with a lord of the rings sticker on the front. No art or anything inside like there usually is.

sry if this has been addressed already but this comes out tomorrow? is this best buy only? cuz amazon says they get it sometime in April

so do you get the tin when you preorder? if so ill just get the tin and buy it cheaper online :)

im gonna check both my local BB's tomorrow since i go dvd shopping every tuesday :)

Already sold out online...it says my local store now has them. I went to the store yet again and they say that they will not sell them until next Sunday, ughh.

[quote name='shrike4242']Website says 03/02/10 on it, so it should be sellable today. Hopefully, they have it correct in RSS that it's sellable on 03/02/10.

Website link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lord+Of...4135&st=lord of the rings steelbook&lp=1&cp=1[/QUOTE]
Yeah that is what I thought too, but they said it would not be put out until Sunday...whenever they advertise it in the weekly ad. Oh well, hopefully they do not change that lol.

Went to a local BB and they didn't have a display or anything for them out. But they had the cart out with movies and junk on it and they had 3 on there. I picked 2 up and left the last one for someone else. One of the employee's was like "you know there a pre order and not the movies right?" and told him yeah.

[quote name='dabamus']Two things:

1. I make a sport of ripping off BB via penny guides, free games, et cetera. Everything perfectly legally too.

2. The preorder bonus is free when you put $5 down on the movie set. I'll just pick up the movie set used somewhere or when it's on sale. With it being a 'free' bonus, you won't have to return it. It even says that you just present the receipt after 4/27 at customer service to get your money back.[/QUOTE]
A nice sport that every devil customer should pick up ;)

Picked mine up today. It was near the DVDs on the end shelves WAY AWAY from anything relevent... a.k.a not the blu-rays.

I've returned my Snow White, Up, and Michael Jackson's This is It preorders without returning the steelbooks. I usually roll in 3 weeks later and just say, I already have this and (insert lie here... forgot I preordered it, gf already picked it up, forgot receipt), so I just want my deposit back. Obviously after 30 days it'll be goin on a Gift Card.

I returned Snow white 2 months later lol.

Went to mine this morning and they had no display. I asked the guy to check in back and they only had 3. I must say this thing feels real cheap. Im not really into the steelbooks. the only one we have is snow white and it is far superior in quality. This thing should be called a plastic book because there is barely any metal used to make it.

Picked up one steelbook without any issue from the Bridgeton, MO BB.

They were on a back endcap at the last isle in the media section at the store. There were about 6-7 of them on-hand on the endcap.

My BB (that told me to come back today) had them mixed in on the new release shelf with a hand-written tag for $5.00. I saw Sunday their RSS inventory was only 8. Got there a few minutes after opening, I think I saw a guy leaving with one as I walked in, and they only had 4 out, of which one had a small gash in the front sticker (not through the plastic, so much've been a bad one from the manufacturing process). I bought 2.

They definitely do look like someone bought a Home Steelbook Sticker Set and made it. The sticker has decent art and it would've been a great real Steelbook, I think, but it does just look cheap.

If you have the UP steelbook, it's a clone of that, though with an extra disc holder in the inside of the case. Though, obviously in black with the One Ring logo on the cover.

Went today and they didn't have any. Said they never got any and there wasnt any advertising for it anywhere. Not all that disappointed.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I went to BB today but sold out. I even checked other store and nothing there. So I'm looking to buy 1 if you have any spare.[/QUOTE]I hate to laugh at the misfortune of others, though I had to laugh at the irony of this statement. :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']I hate to laugh at the misfortune of others, though I had to laugh at the irony of this statement. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Well I had doctor appointment today so thats why I went to BB late.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Well I had doctor appointment today so thats why I went to BB late.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they had them up though? My BB claims that they won't put them up until 3/7.

so are these in CAG demand? Should those that find them grab an extra or two for CAGs? I might stop at another tonight for another reason - they might have them out...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you sure they had them up though? My BB claims that they won't put them up until 3/7.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they're all sold out within 10 miles radius.

[quote name='Pookymeister']so are these in CAG demand? Should those that find them grab an extra or two for CAGs? I might stop at another tonight for another reason - they might have them out...[/QUOTE]
Get one for me please. If there's more then 2 is enough for me.

Went to one at opening today, and after about 4 confused employees, a real bitchy girl told me she would be fired if she sold them before sunday.

Then I happened into a second BB which was next to the TRU (for todays glitch) and they happily sold me one...

Dang, if I knew people really wanted them this badly I would've picked up the one I found today. Oh well. Good luck to all, and if anyone is in the Houston area there is one on the cart in the DVD section of the Sugar Land Best Buy.

Washington D.C. update -- they've had the endcap up for a week at the Columbia Heights BB, but no cases. I asked a manager this evening and he checked the store room and brought me out one. I'm betting they have more in the back, and this may inspire them to now stock the end cap, but as of 7:30 tonight I think I'm the first one to get the steelbook from Columbia Heights.

Stopped by the Best Buy near my house after work, they were no where to be found, but after I asked, they brought them out. The guy said I could only pre-order one since all they received was 10. I ended up chillin around the store and once he walked away I grabbed another one. I may stop by again in a few to grab another or 2, hopefully they are really limited.

So the sticker on the spine of my steelbook is badly centered (I gather this is a common problem -- as someone above mentioned, this whole thing has a DIY air about it which seems so weird for such a major release). Anyway, has anyone tried peeling off and reapplying the sticker to get a better alignment? I haven't unwrapped mine yet (still on the fence about it) but if I thought I could fix it myself I'd be more inclined to open it up.

Made an in-store bestbuy.com order using the kiosk for 3 steelbooks Sunday (5$ each rather than the $15 on line).

Got this email tonight:

Thank you for your recent Lord of the Rings Trilogy steelbook case (sku# 9794135) order on BestBuy.com.

Due to a system error the steelbook case appeared on our website before it was supposed to. As a result, your order will be canceled; however, it will be available starting on Sunday, March 7, 2010 where it will be part of a pre-order offer with the Blu-ray version of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The offer will work as follows: pre-order the Blu-ray version of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and receive The Lord of the Rings Steelbook case for free. Note you must add both items into the Cart to receive this offer. If you are interested in this promotion please visit BestBuy.com this Sunday to place an order for this offer.

Please note there is a limited supply on the steelbook case so place your order early!

If you have any questions please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and our customer care agents can assist you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,

The Customer Care Team

Swung by the Ankeny IA BB since they had them out and grabbed the last 2 they had just to be sure I got a couple.

Not sure it's been mentioned yet, but inside the steelbook is a $5 off coupon for some new LotR game and, more importantly, a $50 giftcard for Sideshow Collectibles. Now it's of course limited to certain items, but it's still an awesome deal for $5.

Right now, you can order an Indiana Jones hat and only pay tax and shipping (a $40 value) ... just an example ... kinda cool to have $50 if something strikes your fancy - http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/

[quote name='etcrane']Not sure it's been mentioned yet, but inside the steelbook is a $5 off coupon for some new LotR game and, more importantly, a $50 giftcard for Sideshow Collectibles. Now it's of course limited to certain items, but it's still an awesome deal for $5.

Right now, you can order an Indiana Jones hat and only pay tax and shipping (a $40 value) ... just an example ... kinda cool to have $50 if something strikes your fancy - http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/[/QUOTE]You can only use one of those giftcards per order, otherwise, it would be worth grabbing multiples of the steelbooks for those gift cards alone.

I think its only 1 per account too per promotion. Don't even think its worth bothering making a new account since there's really nothing worth getting besides that fedora. The Peanuts figures are the only other thing under $50, and didn't strike my fancy.
The cthulhu figure is pretty badass though, i've seen that around before - but a bit too much $$$ for me.

Grabbed 2 earlier today. They aren't nearly as bad as some on here are making it out to be...not the best Steelbook I've ever seen, but I wouldn't call it horrible. Holding onto the other one just in case it turns out to be rare. If not, I'm out of $5 and can surely make that back on eBay.

Alright I just spoke to customer service on the phone that 2 areas are holding them for next Sunday. Each store has 10 copies. So I'm going there next Sunday to secure my copy.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Grabbed 2 earlier today. They aren't nearly as bad as some on here are making it out to be...not the best Steelbook I've ever seen, but I wouldn't call it horrible. Holding onto the other one just in case it turns out to be rare. If not, I'm out of $5 and can surely make that back on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Why would you be out $5? Just take the receipt back after the films come out.

[quote name='etcrane']Not sure it's been mentioned yet, but inside the steelbook is a $5 off coupon for some new LotR game and, more importantly, a $50 giftcard for Sideshow Collectibles. Now it's of course limited to certain items, but it's still an awesome deal for $5.

Right now, you can order an Indiana Jones hat and only pay tax and shipping (a $40 value) ... just an example ... kinda cool to have $50 if something strikes your fancy - http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/[/QUOTE]

I still have mine from the Terminator 2 BR. Nothing worth using it on, especially since the only things you can use it on are $150 plus.

On a whim, checked out the local BB and found 5 still on the racks. Picked up one and peeled the labels off the cheap, cheap box. I've got someother DVD's I can put in the box.

[quote name='Mako1215']What is Stickerbook? and also what is Amazon.de?[/QUOTE]
It's just the German site for Amazon.com. The '.de' stand for 'deutsch.'

bread's done
Back