Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ Best Buy Exclusive

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy [Theatrical Edition] (9-Disc) Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook™ (StickerBook) [Best Buy Exclusive]

6735bc07e2ad0f1065df1c6fcf63d1aao.jpg

Price: $84.99 MSRP
Pre-Order Price: $64.99 Sale
Release Date: April 6, 2010
SKU: 9794135
Pre-Order Date: March 2 & 7, 2010
Minimum Deposit: $5.00 Required
Limited Quantity: 5-10 copies per store
Size: Jumbo
Other: StickerBook
Link: BestBuy.com
Store Locator: BestBuy.com

According to Brana, Best Buy is getting LotR Trio on BD Jumbo SteelBook but printed on Sticker. Now we have 4 different versions of LotR Trio (Best Buy, Future Shop, FNAC and Amazon.de). Best Buy are the stickerbook, Future Shop is jumbo, FNAC (French) get 3 individual steelbook cases, and Amazon.de (Germany) will have 3 individual steelbook cases housed in a slipcase.

Edit: Pre-order this and get a Steelbook case for free. Required $5 deposit. Must order between 2/4/10 and 4/5/10. Limit 3 per customer.

What is Stickerbook?
Stickerbook is printed on a high gloss photo sheet then laminate on the blank steelbook.
postcard-104341-3557-b.jpg

What is SteelBook Jumbo?
SteelBook Jumbo holds up to 6 disc, measuring by 6.7" x 5.4" x 1.14"
JumboProducts.jpg

2lj58wx.jpg

Courtesy to mmcvey (Bluray.com)

Fine Print: Available Tuesday, April 6, $5 deposit required. DVDs and Blu-ray Discs not included with Steelbook case. Pre-order must be made between 02/04/10 - 04/05/10. Release date subject to change. Limit 3 per title per customer. While supplies last. No dealer. Good in USA only. Void where prohibit. Distributed in the USA by Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91522. All rights reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shajek']On a whim, checked out the local BB and found 5 still on the racks. Picked up one and peeled the labels off the cheap, cheap box. I've got someother DVD's I can put in the box.[/QUOTE]

Could you have reapplied the LOTR stickers once you peeled them off? (I'm thinking of trying a remove/reapply on my mis-alligned spine sticker).

[quote name='etcrane']Not sure it's been mentioned yet, but inside the steelbook is a $5 off coupon for some new LotR game and, more importantly, a $50 giftcard for Sideshow Collectibles. Now it's of course limited to certain items, but it's still an awesome deal for $5.

Right now, you can order an Indiana Jones hat and only pay tax and shipping (a $40 value) ... just an example ... kinda cool to have $50 if something strikes your fancy - http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! A $7 Indiana Jones hat may be the weirdest thing I've acquired through CAG. I'll wear it while looking at my shoddy LOTR steelcase and waiting for the discs to drop in price before I pick them up.

[quote name='jza1218']I still have mine from the Terminator 2 BR. Nothing worth using it on, especially since the only things you can use it on are $150 plus.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure where you're getting the $150 plus requirement, that's not the case with this card ... as it can be anything from the giftcard page. There are a few things that you can knock down to $20 or $30 bucks, and it expires in 06/2011, so there's enough time to wait and hope something you're interested in pops up.

In my case I'd love to grab the Rocketeer figure that's currently listed, but I have the 2.0 version so buying the 2.5 would be kind of a waste of money.

All of mine sold out. :( I wanted to pick up an extra one for "investment" in the future but they're all gone. I talked to the sales associate and he's not sure if they'll get them again. I'm crossing my fingers that they do. The steelbook is not as bad as some people make it out to be. Besides, I think the black looks sharp with the reflective round fire thing in front, lol.

Wow! These things are already going for $20 on fleabay!

I'm hoping the price will go up by the time the set actually releases so I can sell my extra one. :D

Thanks for the post, dabamus. I think I'll bite on eBay for $20. I could probably at least double that in a few years.

[quote name='SakBee']Thanks for the post, dabamus. I think I'll bite on eBay for $20. I could probably at least double that in a few years.[/QUOTE]

i would at least wait until 3/9, unless all your local stores already put them out for sale.

[quote name='Pookymeister']i would at least wait until 3/9, unless all your local stores already put them out for sale.[/QUOTE]

Actually its next Sunday 3/7 according to the weekly AD.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Actually its next Sunday 3/7 according to the weekly AD.[/QUOTE]

yea, but a dude at BB yesterday told me 3.9 - so obviously no one knows whats going on over there across stores

I see the end cap where they were, and when I asked the sales guy, he was unsure if they're gonna get anymore in. I'm not much of a collector, but when I see how much the Hurt Locker steelbook is going now, I kick myself for not buying an extra one.

Picked up two yesterday. Had to go to two BB. At the first one, not one employee knew what I was talking about. I even had one lady tell me that they didn't sell pre-orders for movies. Frustrating to say the least. I almost told her she should check the BB web site and she should know what products BB sells. Nothing like an ignorant employee.

Ok, so an update: I called two Best Buys by my work, which is about 30 miles from home. Both stores are completely oblivious and the sales guy said they NEVER received any LotR Steelbooks. This is starting to get weird. I don't see how one store has them for sale already and the others have no clue about it, or claim that they never received any.

[quote name='SakBee']I see the end cap where they were, and when I asked the sales guy, he was unsure if they're gonna get anymore in. I'm not much of a collector, but when I see how much the Hurt Locker steelbook is going now, I kick myself for not buying an extra one.[/QUOTE]
I know i'm going a little off topic...but holy fucking christ to the hurt locker steelbook......i own it, but i dunno...do you think its due to the possible oscar win? I don't wanna get the theatrical cuts of LOTR's but want the steelbook...is that ridiculous? I dunno....maybe i'll sell it...or maybe the future EE could fit in it...

Simple supply and demand. Hurt Locker steelbook was already rare since day one. Also, it didn't hurt the fact that it's a kick ass movie.

I might order online then choose ISPU and pick it up after the Rains stopped. When I get there, they'll automatically adjust $15 to $5 by canceling the order then rebuy.

so i preordered my lotr steelbook around 1pm and went to the store around 6 and they told me the steelbook u get when the movie comes out, so can any1 update me on this i wont find out til 2morrow when they release the ad

I got 17 total (1 is severely damaged) from 3 separate Bestbuy Stores. Its not even March 7 yet. It only shows, You, Us the Consumers can still outwit the erroneous system Bestbuys does

lotrs_A.jpg

Oh, dont feel inferior to these bestbuy store associate they do not know a thing about the nature of pre-order

*Please do not PM me for trade, purchase etc. I plan throwing it away.

[quote name='xage']I got 17 total (1 is severely damaged) from 3 separate Bestbuy Stores. Its not even March 7 yet. It only shows, You, Us the Consumers can still outwit the erroneous system Bestbuys does

lotrs_A.jpg

Oh, dont feel inferior to these bestbuy store associate they do not know a thing about the nature of pre-order

*Please do not PM me for trade, purchase etc. I plan throwing it away. [/QUOTE]
you enjoy screwing "us" consumers over by buying them up don't you? :roll:

anyways i was at BB today and they didn't have them yet the site says they do... so i guess ill just order to store tonight and pick it up tomorrow

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My local store restocked, guess they won't be that rare :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Did they or they just kept some more due to constant rescheduling dates?

Total what I got from 3 Bestbuys

lotrs_A.jpg

I am glad to hear there was a restock. Wish me luck! I am going to his 2 Best Buys today. One of them will be in about an hour, the other later on.

Question... if I am fortunate and can find 3 to buy... how long do I have to wait to return them and keep the steelbooks?

I ordered 2 online this morning with in store pick up...got the confirmation that my order is ready to pick up, but I will probably wait until tomorrow. I would have gone to the store today if the price hadn't dropped to $5, so I figured id just wait until I was in the area tomorrow. I think some restocked, but others didn't.

I picked up 2 today in Saugus, MA. They were in the Blu-Ray section tucked away at the bottom. Almost didn't notice them.

Cool, just got the email that my instore pick up order is ready. So glad I didn't have to wake up early and go rushing to try and find this.

[quote name='Sokvichet']There were 5 at the Franklin TN store, released today on an endcap.[/QUOTE]
apparently the knoxville one (west knox) has some, the turkey creek in TN doesnt :cry:

my local store didn't have any on display... when I asked about it and asked if they were in the back. I was told that they wouldn't be put out for preorder till Tuesday. So guess I'm going back on Tues.

this is the most confusing pre-order / stocking deal i've seen, 12 pages strong on this thread too!

and Dr. Zoidberg, I think we all just want the SteelBook for $5, I don't think any of us are going to drop $85 on release day..that would be silly!

[quote name='token2k6']this is the most confusing pre-order / stocking deal i've seen, 12 pages strong on this thread too!

and Dr. Zoidberg, I think we all just want the SteelBook for $5, I don't think any of us are going to drop $85 on release day..that would be silly![/QUOTE]

still undecided myself... I'm not going to pay 85 for it... but may drop 65 or less on it...

[quote name='token2k6']this is the most confusing pre-order / stocking deal i've seen, 12 pages strong on this thread too!

and Dr. Zoidberg, I think we all just want the SteelBook for $5, I don't think any of us are going to drop $85 on release day..that would be silly![/QUOTE]
It's actually not too bad because it is $64.99 if you preorder now, regular price is $85 I think. Amazon has it for $63.99 so thats what I got with free release day shipping and no tax. I can't wait for it myself...

[quote name='token2k6']Dr. Zoidberg, I think we all just want the SteelBook for $5, I don't think any of us are going to drop $85 on release day..that would be silly![/QUOTE]

Yup, I just want the steelbook.

Picked one up today. I don't know why they call this thing a steelbook. It's all plastic with freakin' stickers on it. I mean, it's a nice case and all.. but kinda cheap looking.

ordered my online for in-store pick-up and I went and picked it up, it's nice and i am using it for my theatrical cut DVDs.

So does this thing have the places to hold the disc in it or do you put the normal case in it to hold it? Also is this for the extended set that is to come out with more extras or just the movies with the same extras that have been out just on bluray.

[quote name='sendme']So does this thing have the places to hold the disc in it or do you put the normal case in it to hold it? Also is this for the extended set that is to come out with more extras or just the movies with the same extras that have been out just on bluray.[/QUOTE]

It has 6 spots for the Blu Rays.. and this is supposed to be for the theatrical version of the movies. I don't think they have said anything about how many discs will be in the extended versions. I decided to go ahead and get the "steelbook" package just in case the extended versions don't have a steel book of their own.

LOTRBB1.jpg

This is probably the most screwed-up release date done by Bestbuy

It simply more negativity than positivity.

1. It is a steelbook where the coverart is made out of sticker.

2. A fat jumbo steelbook.

3. Majority of the steelbook's craft is made out of plastic than steel.

4. It was originally scheduled for release at March 7 until they moved it to March 2 of this yr.

5. Its an opposing side of availibility among various Bestbuy stores some were able to get a huge quantity of it while others were 0 availability.

6. The change of availibility resulted to major retraction from Bestbuy:

Dear _ _ _ _,

Thank you for your recent Lord of the Rings Trilogy steelbook case (sku# 9794135) order on BestBuy.com.

Due to a system error the steelbook case appeared on our website before it was supposed to. As a result, your order will be canceled; however, it will be available starting on Sunday, March 7, 2010 where it will be part of a pre-order offer with the Blu-ray version of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The offer will work as follows: pre-order the Blu-ray version of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and receive The Lord of the Rings Steelbook case for free. Note you must add both items into the Cart to receive this offer. If you are interested in this promotion please visit BestBuy.com this Sunday to place an order for this offer.

Please note there is a limited supply on the steelbook case so place your order early!

If you have any questions please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and our customer care agents can assist you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at BestBuy.com,

7. I tried pre-ordering once again from the site, despite showing availability this is what showing at their system:

1 Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Pre-Sell Steelbook - Blu-ray Disc units are not available at the store you have selected. Please return to your cart to reduce the quantity, select a different store or remove this product.

8. Strong susceptibility to Dent, Bubble, surface scratched or peeled (due to strong gumtype adhesive placed) - so if shipped huge chances it might be damaged.

bubble.jpg

9. You'll end up getting Trashed leftovers upon using the Sideshowcollectibles Giftcard.

10. Chances are for those who got a purchase pass of March 7 (upon not getting it last March 2) its a Hit & Miss (50/50) chances.

Oh Well, this is the JOY of steelbook collecting!

bread's done
Back