Losing interest in my girlfriend... what do I do?

SS4Brolly

CAGiversary!
So, I don't know if anyone will actually recognize me, but I was a pretty active poster when this site first went up, but then I went off to college and everything and lost a majority of my interest in gaming. Either way, I have a small dilemma on my hands and my friends haven't been much help, so I figured I'd try this forum to see what other people thought.

Backstory: I've been with this girl for close to 9 months now. We're in the same major/year at college and have (and will have) a ton of classes together. We get along great and everything. After a few months with her I was pretty sure that this girl wasn't 'the one'. We're both 20 and going into our 3rd year of college, so I feel I shouldn't be worrying about the long term (She's mentioned she doesn't want to get married until she graduates). But we have a good time together, and I do care about her, so I didn't see any reason to break it off.

This summer we're both doing internships on the opposite sides of the country, Boston and San Francisco. We both have flown to see each other and talk a lot with phones/webcams, so its been hard enough just because of that.

Obligatory pics of me and her:
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v96/77/14/24408084/n24408084_31625251_7216.jpg

But recently, I've caught myself looking at other girls. I keep seeing other girls and saying "Wow, she's really cute." The other day at work there was a cute girl sitting by herself eating lunch (http://profile.ak.facebook.com/profile5/1517/71/n14903245_6975.jpg), so I sat down next to her and flirted a bit, and she gave me her number. I'm not gonna call her or anything, that's not my thing, but still, it just gets me thinking more...

We both go back to school at the end of August, and I feel I at least have to give it some time, but I cant say that I feel confident things will be like when we first dated. And if I do decide it's time to part ways, I don't know the best way to do it. This girl is absolutely crazy about me, and I don't want to do anything that'll hurt her. And then, for thanksgiving break, we have plane tickets to fly to her home in the midwest and spend a week there, and her parents have made all of these plans and bought tickets for stuff. And even further, we're gonna be in like 3 classes together a semester for the next 2 years, so I don't want things to be mega awkward or anything either. That's my biggest fear.

So yeah, I dont know what to do... Anyone got any advice?

You're too young for a relationship. That is all.

Ok, but seriously. Move on. She's gone for the summer. That's three months of the prime of your life you're not getting laid. You NEED to get out with these other girls and just do what you need to do. Worry about a girlfriend when you've graduated. Until then, avoid this kind of drama and just have fun! Keep your GF as a "close" friend though, but don't be her best friend.

If you have to ask about a girlfriend problem on a video games board, you know it's over.

[quote name='SS4Brolly']Already have.[/quote]

That sums up the entire thread. Move on if you have to resort to that to getting off. A fresh vagina is better than a dank pooper.

What's worse? Someone asking about relationships on a video game forum or someone giving a serious answer?
[quote name='Magehart']You're too young for a relationship. That is all.

Ok, but seriously. Move on. She's gone for the summer. That's three months of the prime of your life you're not getting laid. You NEED to get out with these other girls and just do what you need to do. Worry about a girlfriend when you've graduated. Until then, avoid this kind of drama and just have fun! Keep your GF as a "close" friend though, but don't be her best friend.

If you have to ask about a girlfriend problem on a video games board, you know it's over.[/quote]

Wow....a dating thread with pictures! Usually we have to wait till page 3-4 to get them. I say dump her and go with the new girl...shes hot.

[quote name='Magehart']You're too young for a relationship. That is all.

If you have to ask about a girlfriend problem on a video games board, you know it's over.

[/QUOTE]

Okay then, new subject:

How do you break up with a girl and keep her as a "close friend"?

[quote name='SS4Brolly']Okay then, new subject:

How do you break up with a girl and keep her as a "close friend"?[/QUOTE]
Why? or is it Friend for fuck thing ^___^;

How do you break up with a girl and keep her as a "close friend"?[/quote]
You don't. Honestly unless it's mutual it will never be "close friends". Especially since she adores you as you say. You'd break her heart and she'd never forgive no matter how much she tried to cover it up she'd still feel betrayed and hurt underneath.

Start paying her every time. She'll understand.

[quote name='evilmax17']You have more important things to worry about...like getting the ring back to Mount Doom.[/quote]

trophy.jpg

Yeah, I get the Frodo thing a lot, its mostly the eyes.

But anyways, I'm more geared towards just a good friend. I don't need a fuck buddy, I can get that just fine...

well is she mentally stable? Anyways unless your talking about fuck buddies the friends after the break up never works. If your serious say, I need a break work/life/family has you all messed up and you need some time to clear your head, then break up with her after a bit of time you've taken time to "figure things out"

Best of luck, oh and the second link doesn't work anymore was curious to see the cute new chick.

Fleshlights don't count as a fuck buddy.
[quote name='SS4Brolly']Yeah, I get the Frodo thing a lot, its mostly the eyes.

But anyways, I'm more geared towards just a good friend. I don't need a fuck buddy, I can get that just fine...[/quote]

I broke up with my ex because I too was losing interest. I didn't see it going long-term

I did remain pretty close friends with her. I'm afraid by doing that however, she's never really moved on.

EDIT: we had been together for over a year.

There really is no way TBH. If you want to be nice about it, be the biggest freakin asshole you can so you crush her so hard she'll get over you real quick.

The way i'd do it, i'd just tell her it's over and move on. No reasons, no explanations, no regret. Cash in the plane ticket, buy a hooker and a keg, have a blast! fuck the other chick you had lunch with too.

[quote name='naes']What's worse? Someone asking about relationships on a video game forum or someone giving a serious answer?[/quote]

Either contribute something comical or informative please. If someone is desperate enough to ask a question like this here, and we already have the "stick it in her pooper" posted... we've covered the basics. Except for the cat pic, but that could get pretty disturbing.

[quote name='naes']Fleshlights don't count as a fuck buddy.[/QUOTE]

You're funny for a 15 year old. Come back when you graduate high school.

[quote name='SS4Brolly']You're funny for a 15 year old. Come back when you graduate high school.[/QUOTE]:applause:
THANK YOU! Naes really needs to shut the fuck up.

As for your situation Brolly, I think it would be best to break up with her and move on, especially if you don't see it going anywhere. It'll be worse for both of you if you continue to be in a relationship you don't want to be in.

be honest with her about how you feel about the situation. You live this life for YOU not for anybody else. Your well being and happiness comes first especially in a situation where you think it's going nowhere for you. If you don't do something about it soon, you'll be stuck and regret many opportunities you could have had in life (not just women, mind you). The best thing you can do is be honest with her about how you feel. See what she responds with and based on that decide how the relationship/friendship between you two will be.

If it ends up that she's pissed at you. then be it. You've got a long road ahead of you and trapping yourself in something you're not going to get anything out of will truly bring you down eventually. It will emotionally drain you and you'll just feel like shit.

Relationships are based on honesty and being open with one another. Don't try and dodge the situation or just "stick it out." Cuz again, to be honest, it's all about your life in the end. Whether she stays or leaves, you're the one that has to deal with living your life for you.

catpicvh8.jpg

Maybe I should pull out the ol' ZippoCat :hot:
[quote name='Magehart']Either contribute something comical or informative please. If someone is desperate enough to ask a question like this here, and we already have the "stick it in her pooper" posted... we've covered the basics. Except for the cat pic, but that could get pretty disturbing.[/quote]

Too bad I don't attend High School. I go to Secondary School.

But Fleshlights really don't count as fuck buddies. Serioulsy.

Why don't you come back when you realize that a community of bargain hunters that are specifically after video games will not get you serious replies about your (lack of) love life?
[quote name='SS4Brolly']You're funny for a 15 year old. Come back when you graduate high school.[/quote]

my experience....

i dated the same guy from when i was 14 (on and off w/ a few diff people inbetween during highschool, but you know highschool it was all just fun and games)... when he turned 18 he went to the AF and i went to college we were still a couple and flew to see eachother as much as possible and had the web cams and what not.... but all the while we made it clear to eachother that it was OK to see other people as long as we informed eachother about it and that it didn't get overly physical. We both figured marrige is a very big decission and we weren't certain we wanted eachother and so for 2 years we did just that i only went out w/ like 2 other guys and it never went anywhere and i believe there were around 3 on his side of the situation...

any point of the story being maybe you can convince her to be open to something like this. Of course if you found someone you wanted to get physical w/ the nice guy in you woudl need to let her off first.

i know that's a bit bad gramatically but i think you get the picture. I was up late last night getting work done because during the day i've got a 3 month old to take care of.... oh and her daddy is my high school sweetheart and we've been married 6 years on the 28th and let me tell you I NEVER thought he'd be the one, but i'm glad we both looked around before we ended up together.

I'm with Ashes--just be honest. You'll probably feel like a bastard after, but you'll get over it after a good nights rest. You're young so remember, fuck a lotta women.

Hey Brolly, nice seeing you again. :wave:

I really think you should dump her. Just be honest and don't give her any bullshit. It will be hard and painful, but it is the best thing to do in this situation. You don't want to end up cheating, and you don't want to lead her on.

jesus naes, shut the fuck up

I say hang on. Wait and see how things are when you're close together again. If you still get the same "not caring" feeling, end it.

How do you break up with a girl and keep her as a "close friend"?[/QUOTE]

impossible at your age.

You admit you've lost interest in her. Why do you need our advice on what to do? You KNOW what you should do, now do it.

Like a band-aid. Quick.

Before you call it off, make sure you give her a Danza Slap and a Gorilla Punch.

But if you want a honest answer. You do know you have to break it off with her. If you don't feel anything and she gets wind of this, she's going to be incredibly hurt. And you're going to feel like a asshole for continuing to string her along when you don't feel shit for her. At your age, and with your experience and relative youth, I personally see no pretty ending to this. But if you want to go down the path of man, I recommend taking nude pics of her before hand so you have something to remember her by, and to show all your friends.

[quote name='evilmax17']You have more important things to worry about...like getting the ring back to Mount Doom.[/quote]

:applause::D

sig worthy.

[quote name='specialk']I'm gonna have to say judging by the pic in the OP, the current gf doesn't look like a 3rd input kinda girl.[/QUOTE]

She does to me.

Make sure when you break it off you tell her about this post, I am sure she would be super excited to have her picture posted and have people give love advice to her boyfriend. That was a total dick move there my man. I feel for your situation, but honestly do you think there is some magic formula that you can use. Grow a set of balls and be honest with her already. Both of your levels of maturity is the only thing that will allow a friendship to exist after a break up.

If you're interested in looking at other girls now with the thought of going out with them, why stay with Girl #1? Don't stay with her until one day when you've been seeing other girls, she finds out.

If it winds up feeling awkward in the classes you have together, you'll get over it. So will she.

[quote name='SS4Brolly']So yeah, I dont know what to do... Anyone got any advice?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go ahead and assume, given the fact that you pounced upon the first opportunity to brag about your sexual experiences with this girl, that your feelings for her are overstated at best. It, seems, then, that the only reason you put together this little plea (and, for that matter, added the images) is to ilicit commentary supporting the rationalizations you've already made for yourself. These no doubt consist of affirmations of your youth and the belief that, at your age, it is not only reasonable but, in fact, proper that you play the field and limit your emotional attachment to the people you're having sex with.

I wouldn't agree, but hey, I might very well be wrong. Who knows. I suppose we'll both find out.

So, in the end, you don't seem to be so much asking for advice as asking for acceptance. You clearly have it, so go do what you want.

If you're losing interest then either talk to her about it or cut it off with the girl. Next time take it slow so you won't end up in these kind of situations.

You're really vague about your situation. You don't mention anything about the girl other than the way that she looks ( and that you've SIIHP), same about the girl that you met while eating lunch ( besides SIIHP). What exactly causes you to lose interest? Please don't tell me it's seeing prettier girls, because if so then you're probably not ready for an emotionally deep relationship. Atleast not with her. In that case, you're hurting her by being with her. You might as well dump her and find random vaginas to have sex with during the next few years until you're ready.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Lose interest, lose her.[/quote]

Agreed. You're too young to have a long term relationship, and you flirting with other girls is proof of that.

Yeah you're going to break your girlfriend's heart, and yeah you may or may not feel like an ass after, but the longer you drag this shit out, the worse it will get. If you're the guilt-tripping type then look at it this way, you'll be doing your soon-to-be exgirlfriend a favor by letting her go now instead of farther down the line when she's even more overly invested in the relationship.

Get your girlfriend drunk and have one of your friends to sleep with her. Then have him tell you and you can break up with her with a clean conscience.

Either way, I'd honestly be surprised if she isn't seeing anyone right now.

bread's done
Back