LOST Season 5 Discussion - 5/13: The Incident -

[quote name='xycury']2) I'm guess that he was hit in the side so it only grazed, I thought I seen a small rip/blood maybe not, or he was probably packing alot of cans... going through multiple cans may stop a bullet.
[/quote]

-Cans lined up the thickness of a brown bag wont stop a bullet. They'd have exploded making a huge mess all over Desmond. This was not seen. Your theory is debunked.

After rewatching the episode you can see Desmond when he takes down Ben using only is left arm; He uses his right arm barely when he rolls Ben into the water but you could see he was hurting. I'm guessing he took a bullet to the right side of his abdomen. Nothing fatal and not preventing the use of his right arm but enough that he didnt want to put weight on it.

I'm really glad Desmond/Penny are fine but I hope it's not the last we see of them. I think one of the most important things from this episode was the conversation Ben/Charles had over baby Alex. Richards look of "dude you just owned him" was priceless.

[quote name='Warner1281']

2) Desmond was shot. Yet, he was just fine. Wtf? A bag of groceries stopped a bullet?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if some dude was pointing a gun at my wife and kid, I could muster enough strength to tackle a guy. So I’m going to give the lost writers a pass on Des getting shot.

[quote name='Pookymeister']You ever see Nip/Tuck?

The actor actually playing the kid dates the actress playing his mom.

D2R8O7C_large.jpg
[/quote]
Is it me or does it look like he's wearing makeup?:whistle2:k
[quote name='bmachine']I've been a little underwhelmed by the last bunch of eps but I thought tonight's was generally pretty satisfying. I still think the smoke monster is stupid, mostly because the special effects are fucking terrible.[/quote]
lol. I know right, couldn't they update or sumthin.
[quote name='xycury']what was the code phrase they were saying.... what lies in the shadow of the colossus?[/quote]
Its "Wat lies in the shadow of the statue?"

Another updated episode list, including episode names, airdates, and featured characters...

April 15th, Episode 13:
Some Like it Hoth
Featured character:
Miles
April 22nd, Episode 13.5: CLIP SHOW: The Story of the Oceanic 6
April 29th, Episode 14:
The Variable, (100th Episode)
Featured characters:
Daniel & Desmond
May 6th, Episode 15:
Follow the Leader
Featured character:
Richard
May 13th, Episodes 16 & 17:
The Incident - Parts 1 & 2, (Season 5 Finale)
Featured character:
Jacob

[quote name='MisterModest']
April 29th, Episode 14:
Featured characters:
Daniel & Desmond
May 6th, Episode 15:
Follow the Leader
Featured character:
Richard
May 13th, Episodes 16 & 17:
The Incident - Parts 1 & 2, (Season 5 Finale)
Featured character:
Jacob
[/quote]

All four of these featured characters are pure win. I rank Richard the highest, then Jacob, then Desmond and finally Daniel in order of my interest.

[quote name='MisterModest']Another updated episode list, including episode names, airdates, and featured characters...

April 29th, Episode 14:
Featured characters:
Daniel & Desmond
[/quote]

Super excited.

Going back to my previous statement about the "war" between anubis and the smoke monster...

I went back to my TiVo and froze it on a still of the hieroglyphics. It actually looks as if anubis was making some sort of offering to the smoke monster, instead of fighting with it. If that's the case, then perhaps anubis was judged and failed the judgement.

My guess is the two had some sort of "partnership" and eventually anubis and the smoke monster didn't see eye-to-eye anymore. Draging this out further, I'm going to assume that the relationship between Jacob-Richard-Whitmore/Ben/Locke somehow parallels this partnership.

[quote name='joe2187']All this shit with the temple is beginning to draw me into the conclusion that the island will be revealed as the "Atlantis" or some bogus shizz like that.[/quote]

As long as its not "it was all a dream!" or part of Hurley's psychosis, I'll be happy.

[quote name='Warner1281']Going back to my previous statement about the "war" between anubis and the smoke monster...

I went back to my TiVo and froze it on a still of the hieroglyphics. It actually looks as if anubis was making some sort of offering to the smoke monster, instead of fighting with it. If that's the case, then perhaps anubis was judged and failed the judgement.

My guess is the two had some sort of "partnership" and eventually anubis and the smoke monster didn't see eye-to-eye anymore. Draging this out further, I'm going to assume that the relationship between Jacob-Richard-Whitmore/Ben/Locke somehow parallels this partnership.[/quote]

Lostpedia is your friend:

last new episode before a 1 week break tonight. then the final 4 episodes of the season.

[quote name='willardhaven']Why was Ben's house on top of some ancient mechanism? I though Dharma was separate from the Others/Ancient folk.[/QUOTE]

they are seperate, but they are aware of these sites. the orchid was built over one, and the swan was also built over a "mysterious" site. so while dharma is seperate they still are aware and try to use some of the islands mysteries.

Wasn't Dharma there largely to study the island's mysteries? So it would make sense that they had structures built on or near them?

[quote name='neocisco']:rofl:
Hurley is trying to write the Empire Strikes Back screenplay.
[/quote]
And for someone who has seen Empire so many times, he seems to have forgotten that Luke lost his hand before Vader told him that he was his father

Gotta say that was a pretty boring episode. With the exception of
finding out who Miles' father was
, there was nothing worthwhile (plot wise) in that episode :cry:. Gotta say I expected a lot more from a Miles based episode.

indeed with Miles' ability, it could have opened up a lot more questions and maybe some answers.... unfortunately it was a Filler episode :(

I thought last nights episode was pretty good. While it may have been a filler, the Hurley scenes were great (Empire Strikes Back!) and to find out why Miles wanted the 3.2 million dollars from Ben last season was pretty cool too. Plus, we got to see the hatch being built and find out someone got a filling through the brain!

I've really been digging the show lately, but I wish they would stop jumping around so much!
I hope the groups reunite soon so the story could be a bit more focused.

Anyway, does anyone know if there's a map of the Island online anywhere?
Couldn't we figure out "What lies in the shadow of the statue" simply by looking at a map?? :lol:

pretty midiocre episode. I really hope they don't introduce a 3rd faction this late into the show. I don't give a damn about those other people who were on the flight to Guam.

[quote name='KingDox']pretty midiocre episode. I really hope they don't introduce a 3rd faction this late into the show. I don't give a damn about those other people who were on the flight to Guam.[/quote]
Agreed. I really dont think anyone cares about Ilana, Ceasar, Bram, or anyone else on that plane rather than Lapidus & the Losties.

Can't Believe they killed Daniel

Widmore being Daniel's Father ; Didn't see that one coming.

Still never really explained why he was crying when he saw the plane in that flashback.

[quote name='Darkchaos91']

Widmore being Daniel's Father ; Didn't see that one coming.

[/QUOTE]

ME EITHER!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised there isn't more action in here. This was an awesome episode.

[quote name='BarbblerElf']Answer: Jerked around.[/QUOTE]
You must be from the Chuck thread... sad.

There are only two episodes left obviously it's going to pick up.

[quote name='kilm']Is there another recap episode coming up? Not next week, but the week after?[/quote]

Yeah, right before the season finale. A recap of the entire season thus far. It wont skip a week. ;)

Damnit. That explains why Daniel's mother changed the conversation immediately in the restaurant when she heard the name Widmore.

I already had a major hunch about Widmore's connection to Daniel. But the ending kinda shocked me. Pretty much everyone left minus the new people on the Guam plane are major players so I'm sure seeing any of them die will be kind of shocking.

And come on, Jack is kidding himself if they think they can change the future.

widmore being daniels father wasnt too surprising, given everything we know already.

i sure hope daniel isnt dead, weve seen people come back from gun shot wounds before, and i hope hes one of them becasue he is one of my favorite characters on the show.

im also glad to see that desmond is alive and well. a couple of weeks ago i thought he didnt get shot, but sure enough, i guess he kicked bens ass on pure adrenaline.

looks like were headed for a great season finale, with sawyer and the gang getting caught by horace and jack, kate and daniel trying to change the future by nuking the island. should be good times.

man Widmore gets around alot .being Daniel's Father and pennys father... wonder how many other children he has that has ties to the island :)

Eloise raised and pushed Daniel to concentrate on science and going back to the island... already knowing she's going to kill her son. That's just messed up.

[quote name='shinryuu']Eloise raised and pushed Daniel to concentrate on science and going back to the island... already knowing she's going to kill her son. That's just messed up.[/QUOTE]

agreed. hope he comes back!

The episode was rather bad, two weeks for that episode?

Plus the whole time I wanted to scream at the genesis scientist that doesn't know about the grandfather paradox of time travel?!?!

bread's done
Back