LOST Season 5 Discussion - 5/13: The Incident -

I really really really really hope Jack gets killed....Like...really really really really hope he dies a horrible agonizing pathetic death.....while crying.....at kate.

And the show needs more Sayid...that way it's less whiny and more awesome, everything is more awesome with Sayid around...even drinking a cup of tea is awesome when sayid does it.

And more Hurley, Hurley =

You're the only person on that planet who wants more Hurley, joe.

I would pay to watch the Benjamin Linas and John Locke show

[quote name='joe2187']I really really really really hope Jack gets killed....Like...really really really really hope he dies a horrible agonizing pathetic death.....while crying.....at kate.[/QUOTE]

Really? He's the only one left who I don't find predictable.

3509982620_8fb658b8d7.jpg

I am trying so hard not read this thread for fear of the finale being spoiled! It's so difficult! You should all be ashamed for thinking this could be a spoiler about the finale. If you didn't think that; why the hell would you be clicking on spoiler tags the day before the most holy of days?

If the spoiler that I heard (but I didn't want to) actually happens, it will be more shocking than the flash forward reveal and Locke in the coffin combined.

[quote name='Pookymeister']
Jacob is going to be Locke
[/QUOTE]

I really hope this isn't the case because that seems to be the most obvious at this point.

See, what I don't understand is why even post a spoiler in here? I know someone would still have to click it, but why do it in the first place? Why would you want to ruin it for yourself?

[quote name='willardhaven']I made that prediction too, it would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I actually had a dream about it. Locke, Richard, and Ben entered Jacob's cabin and stopped dead in their tracks. The camera panned to each man's face, showing a shocked/confuzzled expression before circling around a'la the casket reveal, to show Vincent sitting upright in a rocking chair.

*LOST*

Sadly, I didn't wake up after the *LOST* screen. I just started dreaming of random shit unrelated to the show.

It's already been narrowed down to Jacob either being
Christian or Locke. Way back when there was a screenshot someone took showing the profile of Jacob. The thing is both Terry O'Quinn and John Terry have similar facial structures, so I can't really tell which one it is. Only last week pretty much hinted that it could be Locke (since there's now two Lockes on the island...so why not three?), but then again Christian hasn't been seen in a while and we've got one season left, so any rarely seen chracters are gonig to start showing up more.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']It's already been narrowed down to Jacob either being
Christian or Locke. Way back when there was a screenshot someone took showing the profile of Jacob. The thing is both Terry O'Quinn and John Terry have similar facial structures, so I can't really tell which one it is. Only last week pretty much hinted that it could be Locke (since there's now two Lockes on the island...so why not three?), but then again Christian hasn't been seen in a while and we've got one season left, so any rarely seen chracters are gonig to start showing up more.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this was serious, but they already cast an actor to play Jacob.

[quote name='Matt Young']I don't know if this was serious, but they already cast an actor to play Jacob.[/QUOTE]
Who's to say the actor they cast isnt one of JAcob's "speakers"?

Oh man, good choice on casting for Jacob. That guy was tragically hillarious on Dexter. I forgot, but recently saw that Val Kilmer movie, Spartan, again and he's got a short role in that...very short.

I wonder if maybe he's just a younger Christian though. Prior to having Jack, that he also "returned" to the island. Locke having to die to go back might not just have been recreating the event of the plane crash, but the symbolic return of a character who had been there before.

Lol to a post above...I just read that
Vincent
will make an appearance in the finale.

The 3rd party are probably Jacob's "angels." To protect him from power struggles that are ultimately a threat to him.

What a big fuck you ending...

I did like the locke twist... its not him but somehow his friend from the beginning... or something..

Spoiler about this episode
Wow. I should have seen it sooner. I only realized who the Locke was when I seen his body. I knew it was a body in the container but I didn't see it to be Locke. All I can say it 2010!!!! I want new season NOW! :D

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The 3rd party are probably Jacob's "angels." To protect him from power struggles that are ultimately a threat to him.[/QUOTE]

anyone think that is ROSE and her husband are the two skeltons they found in the cave on season 1

lame ending... got to love how all of that stuff falling never set up the bomb but a simple rock did...

Those without sin cast the first stone

That was pretty dissappointing. Easily my least favorite Lost season finale besides season 1.

Though the ending was just about as useless and somewhat similar.

I'm really not optimistic that they'll be able to satisfactorily end the storyline with only one more season.

[quote name='Segasonic01']
Wait, is "Locke" supposed to be Smokey?
[/QUOTE]

Whidmore. Jacob said he found a "loophole." Likely referring to Whidmore's banishment.

The ending is a pisser though. It's amazing that people gazing down a hatch door with torches can trump a fucking hydrogen bomb going off.

[/QUOTE]

I think locke is suppose to be that guy from the very beginning, Jacob's friend. Maybe his spirit is the smoke monster? Maybe that's how Christian is still "alive".

I thought they would at least tease something about Clair. Guess I should just give up on the Libby in the mental hospital question..

Season 6 supposedly be about this "war" perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
So where did Whidmore get the Locke mask?

Quoth "Hoo-go": "Uh...what?"

I saw NO trace of Charles Widmore anywhere in this episode. Unfortunately, not a glimpse of Penelope, either. I don't think we're supposed to understand exactly what is going on with the Locke doppleganger, presumably the guy from the beginning of the episode.

P.S. I loved the 'photo negative' title card screen at the end. I wish we would've gotten a glimpse of how Desmond is going to play into all of this.

EDIT: Guess I should just give up on the Libby in the mental hospital question..

Damon and Carlton said in the official podcast a few weeks ago that her backstory was one of those things that really wasn't integral to the main storyline of the show, so no, we won't see it. I don't know, maybe her husband died on the deck that "Hoo-go" made collapse?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Whidmore. Jacob said he found a "loophole." Likely referring to Whidmore's banishment.

The ending is a pisser though. It's amazing that people gazing down a hatch door with torches can trump a fucking hydrogen bomb going off.[/QUOTE]

I thought Jacob's friend said something to Jacob in the very beginning about looking for a "loophole" while looking at the blackrock. Don't remember everything he said though...

I'm quite bummed they killed
Juliette, of course depending on the aftermath of the bomb and how it effects future events, we may see her again.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems pretty clear
that Locke isn't Locke, and the Smoke Monster has often appeared as dead people. That would explain why the smoke-Alex told Ben to do whatever "Locke" said. The fact that Jacob referred to it as his loophole makes me think that this is correct.

That, and it would also explain why 2 people were allowed to enter. If Locke really is dead, that would make Ben the leader again by default, right? Meaning he really was allowed an audience with Jacob, but was deceived into killing him by the Smoke Monster.

bread's done
Back