LOST - The Final Season - LOST Auction Aug 21-22 (Post 1439)

[quote name='Pookymeister']was it me or was the 2 hour premiere like 1 hour of commercials?[/QUOTE]
Seems like it...

I wanna hear theories

[quote name='Segasonic01']Seems like it...

I wanna hear theories[/QUOTE]

Sayid is Jacob reincarnated
Richard was a slave on the Black Rock, judging from Fake Locke's chains comment
Desmond is still skipping through time, which is why he disappeared

Liked that a lot.

I don't have a bleedin' clue what's happening but I know I enjoyed it.

Are they going to run it again next week with the pop-ups?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Does anybody else get the feeling that this season of Lost is going to end with aliens and a spaceship and a whole lot of "Aw hell no?"[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it pisses me off to say it.

This is the final run, 20-odd episodes left with vast, vast stretches of story to explain and instead they raise more questions. Start to wrap it up.

I have a feeling that 10 years from now, I'll still dig out my DVD sets of seasons 1 and 2, when shit was super-creepy and just felt awesome but I'll never bother going any further.

EDIT - I really, really hope that I'm wrong.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Does anybody else get the feeling that this season of Lost is going to end with aliens and a spaceship and a whole lot of "Aw hell no?"[/QUOTE]

There's no way Jacob and friends can build spaceships and travel vast distances but can't figure out how to cross a simple line of salt. If M Night Shyamalan was involved I might be worried, but I just don't see it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I do like the b-story so far, seeing the one of the potential "what ifs."[/QUOTE]

Yes, I feel some of the strongest plotlines are ones they derived from the Dark Tower series.

This first episode of Lost S6 was pretty sloppy. I couldn't really enjoy it 100% because it's hard to take in what you are seeing when your mind is still 90% full of "so what the fuck was that thing in the last scene supposed to mean?" I'm still going to watch, but I have that "Stars Wars Episode III" feeling, that the show will just dick around like they did the past two seasons and then pack way too much conclusion into a very short timespan. So that the entire season isn't stellar, just a few key episodes, whereas S1 and S2 (definitely S1) was wall-to-wall awesomeness.

The show's pacing went to shit sometime during season 3 and just can't get it back again, because its too busy throwing show mythology curveballs instead of storytelling.

I liked the episodes. Those kids in the temple were the kids from the plane right? They never seemed to wrap up that plot thread. Also the list in gutar case is it the same list that Ben made back in Season 1/2 of the "special" people?

I also like the sideways parallel time line flash backs. It should show how everyone who isn't dead would have a crappy life anyway. I also figure Jack's dad didn't make it to the parallel universe since he was dead and it seems in the Lost universe dead people can't travel in time.

Why can't they just be straight up with everything? I was hoping to get answers and in true Lost fashion, it just raised more questions. The end of this show better be fucking amazing.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']This first episode of Lost S6 was pretty sloppy. I couldn't really enjoy it 100% because it's hard to take in what you are seeing when your mind is still 90% full of "so what the fuck was that thing in the last scene supposed to mean?" I'm still going to watch, but I have that "Stars Wars Episode III" feeling, that the show will just dick around like they did the past two seasons and then pack way too much conclusion into a very short timespan. So that the entire season isn't stellar, just a few key episodes, whereas S1 and S2 (definitely S1) was wall-to-wall awesomeness.

The show's pacing went to shit sometime during season 3 and just can't get it back again, because its too busy throwing show mythology curveballs instead of storytelling.[/QUOTE]

same, last night show was just plain stupid.....

was the swan hatch the first hatch they found or was that the TV watching station cause you seen all of the hallways splitting off and dont rember any hallways in the first hatch they found.

only had to wait what 2 seasons to see what the temple was....

did locks spirt go into that other persons body at the end of the show?

i expect ratings to fall off major before the end of the season..

too bad flashforward and V dont come back til the end of MARCH ..

Something makes me think they will try to make flashforward into the next LOST

[quote name='csidegamer']Biggest question I had . . . Why did the van time travel this time? :)[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened when they were all on the ajira crew's small boats last season. Stuff they have with them/are in at the time of travel go with them.

[quote name='csidegamer']Biggest question I had . . . Why did the van time travel this time? :)[/QUOTE]

My S5 memory is shady, was someone in at the time of the explosion? It looks in too good of shape to be the van that Hurley fixed up.

[quote name='Anexanhume']My S5 memory is shady, was someone in at the time of the explosion? It looks in too good of shape to be the van that Hurley fixed up.[/QUOTE]

May have to go back and re watch, but no one was in either vehicle. Hurley and Sayid were outside.

Come to think of it, Jin may have been in one, since he came out with the flash light.

No big deal, just was funny at the 'time'.

Lots of former characters making appearances - Boone, Charlie, Claire, Artz, Matt Parkman, the US Marshall, the flight attendant, etc. Good stuff.

I'm thinking they won't be aliens, but who knows.

Also, I wonder if Flocke/Jacob both have the same powers and we find out Jacob was using other bodies as "vessels", and that locke actually saw Jacob as smoke when he described the smoke monster in season one or two (where he said he looked into the island and what he saw was beautiful or w/e the quote was).

I also noticed that some people's stories and situations are different on the plane this time. Hurley said he's the luckiest guy alive, Locke said he went on the walkabout, Boone's sister (I can't remember her name) was not with him. I wonder whats up with all that.

Well, juliet said the bomb worked. I'm assuming that changed a bunch of things (ie desmond and jack never meeting on the stadium, because desmond never sailed around the world, because penny never existed etc). I think the Alt timeline is going to be very interesting to watch. And her name was shannon ;)

Anyone else is think that Sayid didn't come back as "himself." I'm thinking he's the reincarnated Jacob.

[quote name='tcrash247']I also noticed that some people's stories and situations are different on the plane this time. Hurley said he's the luckiest guy alive, Locke said he went on the walkabout, Boone's sister (I can't remember her name) was not with him. I wonder whats up with all that.[/QUOTE]

Shannon is still alive in the alternate timeline, I'm thinking they just couldn't get the actress to come back to the show so they left an empty seat next to him implying she just wasn't in her seat when Boone talked to Locke. Also, Locke in the alternate timeline is too proud to admit that he is paralyzed so he lied to Boone and told him what he had been planning on doing while he was in Australia. The part about him not going into the outback is still intact because it happened prior to the plane crash. Everything after the severe turbulence is different for the alternate timeline now.

I think somehow both timelines are going to resolve together in some way.

well universe b is going to come crashing down at some point, theres already a lot of hints about it. desmond on the plane, jack bleeding on the plane, shannon not on the plane, charlie looked jack right in the eye and said he was supposed to die, jacks dad not being on the plane.

also, back on the island, i am stoked that we finally get to see the temple and get into the others lives.

it would appear that they have revealed the smoke monster to be the man in black aka flocke aka esau. so perhaps he was the one projecting as dead people (christian, yemi). which would probably raise as many questions as it answers.

richard and the chains comment, would seem to imply that he arrived on the black rock, im guessing thats where they will go with it.

i was sad to see more bad cgi with the whole diving underwater to reveal the island scene during the opening.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Anyone else is think that Sayid didn't come back as "himself." I'm thinking he's the reincarnated Jacob.

[/QUOTE]

either that or some kind of knowledge he didnt have before

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Shannon is still alive in the alternate timeline, I'm thinking they just couldn't get the actress to come back to the show so they left an empty seat next to him implying she just wasn't in her seat when Boone talked to Locke. Also, Locke in the alternate timeline is too proud to admit that he is paralyzed so he lied to Boone and told him what he had been planning on doing while he was in Australia. The part about him not going into the outback is still intact because it happened prior to the plane crash. Everything after the severe turbulence is different for the alternate timeline now.

I think somehow both timelines are going to resolve together in some way.[/QUOTE]
Boone said he came to bring Shannon back, but she didn't want to leave, so he was flying back alone. That's why the seat was empty, because he had already purchased the tickets assuming he could get her to come back with him. There was no reason for Locke to tell Boone about his physical condition since it had nothing to do with their conversation.

Once again, Jack wins the award for the Most pitiful excuse for a man that can ever exist.

Jack needs to die,....really bad. A really horrible and pathetic death, like hanging himself in a gas station bathroom or falling off a cliff randomly...

I agree with people saying that I think the two timelines are eventually going to come to a head. Seems like the direction they are going with this, based on the clues previously mentioned.

The CGI going underwater in the beginning was laughable though, it reminded me of a cinema scene from a PS1 game.

Overall, a solid episode that raises more questions than answers. One thing on my mind when it was revealed that Flocke was the smoke monster was the time they had went to the temple previously and summoned the smoke monster. I don't remember the exact details, but I couldn't remember if that would gel with the current identity of the smoke monster or not. I'd have re-watch the episode.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Did they really need to
bring Juliet back just to kill her?
Jerks.[/QUOTE]

That sucked but it was pretty obvious that's how it was going to end up with how she was acting.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Sayid is Jacob reincarnated
Richard was a slave on the Black Rock, judging from Fake Locke's chains comment
Desmond is still skipping through time, which is why he disappeared[/QUOTE]

I thought this as well, especially on Sayid's part. What makes it even more likely is that Ben said something along the lines of "Why didn't Jacob fight back?" Maybe he did not fight back because he knew he would be reincarnated as Sayid.

[quote name='KingDox']Those kids in the temple were the kids from the plane right? They never seemed to wrap up that plot thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I assumed this.

[quote name='KingDox']Also the list in gutar case is it the same list that Ben made back in Season 1/2 of the "special" people?[/QUOTE]

Good catch, I had not even thought of that!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think somehow both timelines are going to resolve together in some way.[/QUOTE]

Well, there is not much point in showing it if what happens there has no effect on what is going on at the island, so this seems very likely.

Overall it was an entertaining 2 hours, and I am eagerly waiting for next week's episode.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice'] One thing on my mind when it was revealed that Flocke was the smoke monster was the time they had went to the temple previously and summoned the smoke monster. I don't remember the exact details, but I couldn't remember if that would gel with the current identity of the smoke monster or not. I'd have re-watch the episode.[/QUOTE]

Locke wasn't anywhere near Ben during that event, so it holds up there.

Juliet is alive! When she "died" in the hatch she mentioned going out for coffee - this was her alternate universe self talking to Sawyer! It might also explain Charlotte's ramblings about chocolate right before she died due to the time traveling but that might be a stretch.

amazing premiere so far, but J.J. Abrams and company must love
alternative universes
(Star Trek, Fringe, and now I am assuming Lost)

[quote name='javeryh']Juliet is alive! When she "died" in the hatch she mentioned going out for coffee - this was her alternate universe self talking to Sawyer! It might also explain Charlotte's ramblings about chocolate right before she died due to the time traveling but that might be a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that if they die on the island they sort of wake up in the alternate universe?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Well, juliet said the bomb worked. I'm assuming that changed a bunch of things (ie desmond and jack never meeting on the stadium, because desmond never sailed around the world, because penny never existed etc). I think the Alt timeline is going to be very interesting to watch. And her name was shannon ;)[/QUOTE]

Realistically, there's no way Juliet could have known if the bomb worked. Being that close to it, her body wouldn't have had the physical time to process whether or not the bomb went off. Perhaps she thought it did, but we've shown no evidence of nuclear trauma on the island thus far.

[quote name='tcrash247']Are you saying that if they die on the island they sort of wake up in the alternate universe?[/QUOTE]

I think eventually the two time lines are going to collide somehow because they are linked and when Juliet was near death her time line was coming together - this is also how she knew that "it worked" after she died.

It would be weird if the universes in Fringe and Lost were the same.

[quote name='javeryh']Juliet is alive! When she "died" in the hatch she mentioned going out for coffee - this was her alternate universe self talking to Sawyer! It might also explain Charlotte's ramblings about chocolate right before she died due to the time traveling but that might be a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Good point and can make sense especially since Juliet came to the island instead of being born there.

lost.gif

[quote name='javeryh']I think eventually the two time lines are going to collide somehow because they are linked and when Juliet was near death her time line was coming together - this is also how she knew that "it worked" after she died.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty interesting, I can see that being what's really happening.

I might be the only one, but I took Fake Locke's comment to Richard about being "free from his chains" as meaning he was free from the chains of immortality/servitude. A white guy wouldn't necessarily be a slave on any ship coming from Africa. For a guy that doesn't age, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that Jacob had given Richard the gift of immortality so that Richard can act as a watchman of sorts for the island, reporting to Jacob and guiding the inhabitants according to Jacob's wishes.

With Jacob dead, perhaps Richard will lose all of his abilities.

My newest theory about Sayid is that his body is now occupied by Jacob! He probably knew Sayid was going to die so wanted to make sure his body was inside the temple and with the Temple people. I think the Temple folk are pro Jacob not pro Man in Black. So maybe he has a plan to rally them??

Makes sense I mean the guy in black has UnLocke's body why wouldn't Jacob have a new body?

Well I'm not so sure about Flocke having Locke's body since his real body was in that box, I think he just transformed himself to look like Locke. So that makes me think that Jacob and the other guy do not need a body to take, they just shapeshift or something. Though maybe its a different case for each of them because it does look like Jacob could be using Sayid's actual body.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD! Whoo! What an opener! Lost may be on track to unseat The Shield as my favorite show ever if the consistency carries through to the series finale. One thing I can say about this show is with all the great imaginative ideas I hear and offer as far as what I expect to happen, this show continues to defy expectations and I never enjoy being so wrong.

And at the same time I was right!

SPOiLER

UNLOCK IS THE SMOKE MONSTER!
Alternate timelines!
Richard definitely came over as a slave on the black rock!

Lord do I love this show.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Richard definitely came over as a slave on the black rock!
[/QUOTE]
The Black Rock set sail in 1845 from England to (supposedly) Thailand. Rousseau and Arzt found dynamite in crates on the ship. Dynamite was invented 20 years after the ship left England.

I'm sticking with figurative "chains" instead of literal.

It was a pretty good premiere. The first of the two episode was better IMO. I somehow got roped into watching the recap. I ended up seeing Juliet fall down the shaft and hit the bomb 4 times last night:roll:. Which was kind of overkill and didn't feel bad at all seeing her die after all of that. I know what really happened is that Juliet is in an alternate universe called V!

[quote name='JJSP']The Black Rock set sail in 1845 from England to (supposedly) Thailand. Rousseau and Arzt found dynamite in crates on the ship. Dynamite was invented 20 years after the ship left England.

I'm sticking with figurative "chains" instead of literal.[/QUOTE]

There were actual shackles that they focused on in the black rock in lost.

bread's done
Back