LOTS of Great preorder prices at Liongames.com (New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtheycallmedxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm

Great deals on Mass Effect,Bioshock,GTA 4,Spiderman 3,Halo3 and more !!!

I'm sure 99% of us CAGers have either posted on the old thread or wondered about the legitamacy of the website.For those still curious about that I can vouch for Tony (the owner) that not only it is legit the prices are amazing and the customer serivce is the FASTEST I've personally every experienced.

For those who have dealt with Liongames.com feel free to share your experience so others who are considering giving them business can get an imperession of how good the site is.

As Shrike4242 said on the last post of the old thread,33 pages is alot to search thru for answers so I'll post the answers to the 2 most faqs...

YES this site is LEGIT

Shipping is $5

Anything else you can contact Tony thru the link above.If the word of MANY CAGers (From the crackdown and spider-amn 3 pre-orders) and answers from the owner of a site is not enough to get your business then you can miss out on Tony deals,because I'm one of the many CAGers wont hesitate to jump on the deals he has provided.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Any deals on Naruto Rise of the ninja for the 360?
I hope the Halo 3 and Mass Effect deals are up for awhile longer because I need money to get them. D:
Any word on how much longer those 2 specials will be up for?
I'd appreciate it! :][/quote]

Nurato is $39 retail so there isnt much I can do on that one. The current specials are ending wednesday so beg and borrow some money!:)

[quote name='CHOW CHOW']Tony, will you get any of the PS3 exclusive games out in the coming months for cheaper? Like the following:

Lair -- August
Heavenly Sword -- September
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction -- October
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune -- November[/quote]

i will get them all I might be late to put liar on a big special but probably a $52.99 deal

[quote name='onetrackmind']Is Raw vs Smackdown 08 going to be up for pre-order in the near future?[/quote]

it is a nov title so yes down the road a bit more

Just to be completely sure Tony I have a question. If we pre-ordered a lot of games via the $10 deposit method, this is guaranteeing us the current special price correct? Once you raise the price we still only have to pay the balance for what the special price was when we pre-ordered?

[quote name='Cable387']Just to be completely sure Tony I have a question. If we pre-ordered a lot of games via the $10 deposit method, this is guaranteeing us the current special price correct? Once you raise the price we still only have to pay the balance for what the special price was when we pre-ordered?[/QUOTE]

any idea how to pay off the balance?

[quote name='liongames']Nurato is $39 retail so there isnt much I can do on that one. The current specials are ending wednesday so beg and borrow some money!:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the heads up!

Wow. All Pro Football shipped yesterday and got here today. Looks like I found a new place to buy my games from. Placed an order for GTA IV this morning. Keep up the great work, Tony.

Milkyman- I believe the balance can be paid off by going the the same page you put down your deposit on, where there should be three options for your game: deposit, balance, and full payment. Click on the balance option, which is to the right of deposit.

Edit: Just paid off the balance for Bioshock.
To continue instructions from above, after you click on the pay balance option, pick a payment method and get that done. In the next page where it has a field to enter comments or instructions to tony, be sure to include the invoice number from your deposit. The invoice number can be found on the e-mail liongames sent after your deposit or on the final order sheet for your deposit if you happened to print one out.

Edit2: Tony, thanks for adding the priority shipping option for an extra $1.50, if my game arrives even a day earlier it will be worth it.

The $5 shipping charge per item really kills it for me. When you add that to the price of the game, you really aren't saving much more than ordering from Amazon.

[quote name='ducci']The $5 shipping charge per item really kills it for me. When you add that to the price of the game, you really aren't saving much more than ordering from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

they have some better deals, but yeah amazon saves good money IF the price is right, tax free, + free shipping is the best thing about amazon

[quote name='ducci']The $5 shipping charge per item really kills it for me. When you add that to the price of the game, you really aren't saving much more than ordering from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well I spend $45 getting Halo 3 from here. Or I can go to Gamestop and end up spending close to $65 with tax.

Not a killer

EDIT: Sorry didn't see Amazon. But does Amazon have any of these games for the same price?

[quote name='Manning']Well I spend $45 getting Halo 3 from here. Or I can go to Gamestop and end up spending close to $65 with tax.

Not a killer

EDIT: Sorry didn't see Amazon. But does Amazon have any of these games for the same price?[/QUOTE]

amazon doesnt do trade in deals, so in effect.. no

but they always have free shipping and no tax, amazon is and always will be a game by game/ console by console shopping experience

they have bad deals and they have great deals, depends on the day of the week

LG has an entirely different business model. They give good deals on new popular games especially on pre order/trade ins so they can drive traffic to their site

Paid off my Bioshock balance, and went with the Priority shipping option. Hope to see some more pre-order deals like this soon!

Blue Dragon {With 3 Trade Ins}
Catalog No. XB3 MIC A7J005 3 $37.99 1 $37.99
Bioshock {FULL PAYMENT}
Catalog No. XB3 TK2 29963 $39.99 1 $39.99
Battlestations Midway - Trade-In
Catalog No. XB3 EID 20036 T
Game Condition: Excellent Condition - Manual Included - Box Included ($15.00) 1 ($15.00)
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 - Trade-In
Catalog No. XB3 UBI 52347 T
Game Condition: Excellent Condition - Manual Included - Box Included ($20.00) 1 ($20.00)
Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 - Trade-In
Catalog No. XB3 THQ 55004 T
Game Condition: Excellent Condition - No Manual - Box Included ($10.00) 1 ($10.00)
Total Of Items: $32.98
Shipping: $13.00
Amount Due Lion Games [PAID]: $45.98

Awesome!

$5 shipping per game is a bit much though esp when they ship togther. I understand games that are released on seperate dates but I wish he would give people a $5 shipping credit for all the games above the 1st that ship on the same date.

How long after a new game is released do you actually get it? I'm in Pennsylvania, and don't want to wait 5-6 days after Blue Dragon comes out to actually get to play it. For me, I'd actually spend the extra $20 to play it sooner, unless it's only a day or two (basically, if it arrives before the weekend following the release day, I'll get it from Liongames...).

I'm sure most of you subscribe to Tony's newsletter but incase you didn't know a lot of the current specials will be ending this wednesday the 25th including the big ones like halo3, mass effect, gtaIV, and bioshock as well as assassins creed, orange box, toohuman, lost odyssey, and blue dragonhttp://liongames.createsend.com/t/1...es/Action/Grand Theft Auto IV {FULL PAYMENT}/http://liongames.createsend.com/t/1/l/tddti/thuijjj/www.liongames.com/preorder-april07.cfm. Just wanted to give you all a heads up as I have already got the big 4.

I was just wondering how many CAG' s pre-ordered BioShock & what do you plan to do with your used copy afterwards? (example, sell it for $40 and pre-order another game, trade it in, or trade it for another title.)

I usually buy games like this new, but it seems so many people are going to pick it the trade thread is going to be filled with Bioshock for trade posts.

I'm in for 2 copies of Halo 3 regardless.

[quote name='nyprimus4']If I put down a deposit on all the big games before this wednesday I'm guranteed the good preorder price, correct?[/QUOTE] Yep. It says so on the order pages, and I even sent Tony an email asking the same question just to make sure I wasn't misreading it, and he confirmed it for me.

[quote name='hhhdx4']OMG 20 dollars off major releases?!

oh wait, 5 dollars shipping? **** that![/QUOTE]

If you like the deal get it and quit being a smartass. $10 + $15 off deals are not that hard to find on release day/week.

He is also using these sales as loss leaders to get customers for the used game side of his business so it is like advertising costs to him. It would not be unreasonable to charge one flat fee for shipping each release of games. And I think many cag's are still not quite sure that come release day these big games will show up on our doorsteps.

Are you talking for all of us? Obviously you have never order from him. I have sent in three games and they were all assesd and what not right when they got there. I got Ncaa from him and he is great in terms of communication. Stop trying to be a rebel and speak for all of us. You're speaking for yourself

[quote name='slickkill77']Are you talking for all of us? Obviously you have never order from him. I have sent in three games and they were all assesd and what not right when they got there. I got Ncaa from him and he is great in terms of communication. Stop trying to be a rebel and speak for all of us. You're speaking for yourself[/QUOTE]

I have ordered from him and since the date isn't here yet for game to be shipped I haven't seen anything from the site and as far as speaking for others just read the whole thread and you can see there is stil some doubt in people's minds about this site. I do think in the last month or so more CAG regulars have been posting success with the site so that it a good sign. When and if I get my games I'll be happy to post about. And the discussion dealt with $5 shipping per game. What is so wrong with wanted a flat shipping rate per preorder date. $5 is $5 and if you buy two games a month (thus pay two $5 fees versus one) You could get another full price game from a retail outlet.

placed my first liongames order couple days ago with a bioshock deposit (SO psyched for this game!). i got the email today stating that i had to finish my full deposit by the 23rd so he could place his order with the distributor. i was under the impression that we didnt have to pay in full until the release. oh well i guess i understand. then i placed a mass effect deposit on my way to completing my bioshock payment. i couldn't be more pleased with the prices. i went with priority shipping since he's in the east and i'm in the west. i was back on the site again later today when i came across what seemed like excellent used prices for viva pinata ($16) and burnout revenge ($17). however, i was all ready to checkout and the shipping ended up being $5 for each game which makes it about even with gamefly. oh well, i'm still very pleased with the preorder prices, and we'll have to see about shipping times.

[quote name='xplode427']i got the email today stating that i had to finish my full deposit by the 23rd so he could place his order with the distributor. i was under the impression that we didnt have to pay in full until the release. oh well i guess i understand.[/QUOTE]

Post #292
[quote name='liongames']Please keep in mind that i have to have my orders to my distributor about a month in advance to guarantee the product. There are no returns in this business so my distributor orders really close to the vest. most of the time they are out of stock by street date and have to order what we call bump orders. the gaming studios are pretty unreliable as to haw fast those bump orders will come in. If you really want the game i can check and see if i can dig one up for you but email me by 10 am tuesday morning at the info address.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hhhdx4']OMG 20 dollars off major releases?!

oh wait, 5 dollars shipping? **** that![/quote]

Call of Duty 4 is $52.99 +$5 shipping = $57.99

Amazon.com = $59.99 shipped ... I rather buy it on amazon.com for $2 more...

Just preordered Halo 3. So I have Madden, Halo, GTAIV and Mass Effect and probably Call of Duty 4 all coming from Liongames.

Thanks!

[quote name='oasisboy']Call of Duty 4 is $52.99 +$5 shipping = $57.99

Amazon.com = $59.99 shipped ... I rather buy it on amazon.com for $2 more...[/quote]

Why would you knowingly spend more money for a product that you can get cheaper elsewhere? LOL! You can either get it from Tony for $58.99 (I added $1 for priority mail) or you can buy it from Amazon.com for $59.99 shipped using super saver shipping (which can take over a week to ship).

Sweet, All-Pro Football 2K8 just came in. I'm glad I didn't have to wait until Monday to play it. I'm going to go give it a try now. Thanks a lot for the deals Tony and also thanks for the note!

[quote name='oasisboy']Call of Duty 4 is $52.99 +$5 shipping = $57.99

Amazon.com = $59.99 shipped ... I rather buy it on amazon.com for $2 more...[/quote]

If you do first class you get it in about 3 days and you save two $. Or you could wait a week or more and pay two $'s more...hmmm tough choice.

Well I started something that hopefully others will follow through with. Leaving Tony feedback on here. The more positive feedback the better.

how long would it take for the games to arrive?

that's the only thing that is preventing me from buying Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, GTA IV, HL2, and Assassain's Creed from the site.

Arghhh. Ok heres how it works. First Class mail is usually 3 days maybe four. Its $5. Priority is $6 its 2-3 days gauranteed(sp?). He ships out games like Halo 3, Gta 4 the day before the release date. So depending on shipping and where you live...the most you would wait is 4 days after release date. The least would be 1-2 days after release.

He is based in CT and I live in Florida. It took 3 days for the game to get to me via first class. Remember he doesnt ship out until he has your trades though. Unless the amount you pay covers the costs of the games.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Sweet, All-Pro Football 2K8 just came in. I'm glad I didn't have to wait until Monday to play it. I'm going to go give it a try now. Thanks a lot for the deals Tony and also thanks for the note![/QUOTE]
yep got mine saturday as well. Thanks tony!

:D

how you guys can hate on these deals is just beyond my comprehension. seriously, cheaper than you can get anywhere, I've def. told tons of people about it. ALso paid off GTA4, BioSHock and Mass Effect the other day. Kindof a bit of money there but good to not have to owe any money from now on.

How is this being shipped if 1st class costs like $5

That's a little more than double what it should cost.

I can pack stuff in a bubble mailer with extra bubble wrap for around $2.20

Or just put something in a box for around the same price.

So those who have got orders, please explain that one.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']How is this being shipped if 1st class costs like $5

That's a little more than double what it should cost.

I can pack stuff in a bubble mailer with extra bubble wrap for around $2.20

Or just put something in a box for around the same price.

So those who have got orders, please explain that one.[/QUOTE]

Because he's running a business. Flat rate makes it much easier than having to calculate exact shipping for different parts of the country with slightly different weight of games. The price also covers, as mail order ALWAYS HAS, shipping and HANDLING. Give him a break for the extra dollar or something that he might be making off the shipping. Any online retailer does the same thing.

You guys that are whining about his shipping and handling costs are n00bs!!!

He previously said in the thread if you E-MAILED/CALLED HIM BEFORE placing a order he would cut down the shipping cost/combine it.

Also obviously he's going to charge a flat rate so he doesn't have to nitpick over the pennies and dimes of differentials spending on the weight of the game (Collectors Editions for example, like Halo 3 with the chief helmet is going to be HUGE IN WEIGHT). Don't forget he's charging for HANDLING costs. This guy normally runs a game store, but he's gotta charge more to go out of his way to the post office and deliver your shit. The cost of a padded envelope doesn't count in the cost to drive to a post office and wait inline to deliver YOUR item. You think gas is free? I wish I lived in your world.

Lastly for those that are bitching about the shipping time - upgrade to priority or move to CT ;) These games will get to you way faster then Amazon's "free" shipping.

Oh, and help support the guy by buying some damn used games. He needs to recoup his costs for the deep discount he's giving you on these new releases.

yeah i cant believe ppl are bitching...seriously i just ordered bioshock and Mass Effect for 40 a piece with shipping its 89.94 or so...seems like I saved 30 bucks and a trip to the store so i saved probably a buck or so in gas...you guys who are complaining lack basic math/economy skills...get a grip..so u wait a few days for a game..im sure u have plenty of others you havent finished..

i'm confused. i put the $10 down for BioShock and i thought that's all i had to do until i received the game - at which time i'd pay the remaining amount. but here's what his latest email newsletter said:

BIOSHOCK BALANCES DUE

If you have left a deposit please pay off your balances right away. Preorder date for me to get my orders in to my distributor is Monday 7/23/07. Please get them in right away.

anybody know what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back