LOTTlita

Status
Not open for further replies.

supadupacheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
lolita.gif

Ackbar's going to kill you. Also, you forgot to capitalize the OTT, so we'll be forced to kill you after he does.

Have I ever gotten a first post before? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Brak']Should've been LOTTlita, ya bitch. :O[/QUOTE]
I thought about that actually. It was 50/50 this or that. I went with this since its not as much in the name as yours. (so maybe Ak wont flip out AS much)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']LOOTlita or even LolipOTT would have been better.[/QUOTE]

... but neither of those make any sense.

[quote name='dcfox']UPS is the most effecient yet ineffecient company I know. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Planned Chaos?

[quote name='supadupacheap']Where the fuck is Subby? I'm obviously flashing the Sub-signal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='supadupacheap']Lolita, TX
Zip code(s): 77971

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

You've found him.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Where the fuck is Subby? I'm obviously flashing the Sub-signal.[/QUOTE]

What kinda symbol does the Sub-signal create in the skyline?

[quote name='JSweeney']Planned Chaos?[/QUOTE]
Not quite. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, but had the first wrong never occured then everything went better than expected. I don't know whether to be happy or mad.

[quote name='supadupacheap']
Vanity Fair Review:
"The only convincing love story of our century."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, did they even READ THE fuckING BOOK?!!![/QUOTE]

Probably, think about it for a second.

[quote name='dcfox']UPS is the most effecient yet ineffecient company I know. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Did you say something? I was busy :drool: at your sig... :drool::drool::drool:

I think making the nigger pic is a bad idea... because now you'll have a bunch of people getting in the habbit of typing 'the N word' when they want to use the cool nigger pic...

[quote name='zionoverfire']Probably, think about it for a second.[/QUOTE]

Just because it's disturbing, creepy and aberant doesn't mean it wouldn't be convincing.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Probably, think about it for a second.[/QUOTE]
I did. But the *ONLY* convincing love story of this century? Would you not agree that excludes a lot of great works?
Lolita is worthy of a read for sure but *only* is not a word that should be thrown around so lightly. (esp. considering the works of the century)

Although its Vanity Fair. Im certainly expecting too much considering the source.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I did. But the *ONLY* convincing love story of this century? Would you not agree that excludes a lot of great works?
Lolita is worthy of a read for sure but *only* is not a word that should be thrown around so lightly. (esp. considering the works of the century)[/QUOTE]

It was said that way for effect, mainly I don't see the quote as being worthy for 3 :rofl:

[quote name='supadupacheap']I did. But the *ONLY* convincing love story of this century? Would you not agree that excludes a lot of great works?
Lolita is worthy of a read for sure but *only* is not a word that should be thrown around so lightly. (esp. considering the works of the century)[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the reviewer thought that other romance stories were too romantacized, making them unconvincing in his/her eyes.

[quote name='zionoverfire']It was said that way for effect, mainly I don't see the quote as being worthy for 3 :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Oh, now theres an actual formula for the # of :rofl: used? Please do point me in the direction of it so that I may be up to code. ;)

[quote name='JSweeney']Perhaps the reviewer thought that other romance stories were too romantacized, making them unconvincing in his/her eyes.[/QUOTE]

Or the same couple plots had been overused.

[quote name='JSweeney']Perhaps the reviewer thought that other romance stories were too romantacized, making them unconvincing in his/her eyes.[/QUOTE]
Sounds more on target but compared to other centuries works it seems this one is LESS about out and out romantacism and more about implied love and/or romance.
And I know the statement wasnt that big of a deal. (its V Fair for pete's sake) Just seemed rediculous to me.

Damn it to hell now I am stuck on this one level in God of War. Damn game has consumed the past two days of my life well besides school and drinking at applebees but thats not the point.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Oh, now theres an actual formula for the # of :rofl: used? Please do point me in the direction of it so that I may be up to code. ;)[/QUOTE]

Simple:

1 :rofl: Is good for a slidecage comment
2 :rofl: Is for good posts
3 :rofl: is reserved for pwns

[quote name='flowery']Damn it to hell now I am stuck on this one level in God of War. Damn game has consumed the past two days of my life well besides school and drinking at applebees but thats not the point.[/QUOTE]

The hell level?

[quote name='supadupacheap']Interesting to see some of the names that dropped out of the OTT when it took a more intellectual turn. ;)[/QUOTE]

Me no am understanding what you am being said.

[quote name='flowery']Damn it to hell now I am stuck on this one level in God of War. Damn game has consumed the past two days of my life well besides school and drinking at applebees but thats not the point.[/QUOTE]

I find this oddly disturbing... :)

And yet, if you substitute life for God of War, work for school, and home for applebees, I can relate... :D

[quote name='zionoverfire']Then I guess that makes sbyml lord god of the site?[/QUOTE]

Or just really, really sad.

I haven't decided which.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']What kinda symbol does the Sub-signal create in the skyline?[/QUOTE]

Something that probably isn't safe to be viewed by the general populace... And Nabokov's work is highly underrated true, but it wasn't the ONLY great literary oveure.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Review:
"The only convincing love story of our century." --Vanity Fair
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, did they even READ THE fuckING BOOK?!!![/QUOTE]

Strange correlation we have here:

- Stanley Kubrick adapted "Lolita" into film.
- Stanley Kubrick passed on adapting the book "Vanity Fair", citing that it'd be impossible to properly translate to film.
- Vanity Fair, the magazine, states that "Lolita" is "the only convincing love story of our century."

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I find this oddly disturbing... :)

And yet, if you substitute life for God of War, work for school, and home for applebees, I can relate... :D[/QUOTE]

Life of a college kid I guess.

[quote name='Brak']Strange correlation we have here:

- Stanley Kubrick adapted "Lolita" into film.
- Stanley Kubrick passed on adapting the book "Vanity Fair", citing that it'd be impossible to properly translate to film.
- Vanity Fair, the magazine, states that "Lolita" is "the only convincing love story of our century."[/QUOTE]
The plot thickens...

Holy jumping jesus... Subbies at 19000+ posts... @_@

Then again, I'm almost 8000... Damn posts rack up when you provide little if any tangible content. :lol:

[quote name='supadupacheap']The plot thickens...[/QUOTE]

Kubrick and the multifaceted entity of Vanity Fair are in cahoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back