LOTTlita

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sucks, I just got done with a book review and some math so I'm going to shower now and crash out. Man today was fucken stressful, at least its over.

[quote name='DT778']that sucks, I just got done with a book review and some math so I'm going to shower now and crash out. Man today was fucken stressful, at least its over.[/QUOTE]
It never ends...

4K. That makes me happier.

Work, work, work. I actually have to leave the house today, but at least I get lunch.[quote name='FriskyTanuki']:bomb:[/QUOTE]Don't hate the player, hate the game and/or shipping. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Work, work, work. I actually have to leave the house today, but at least I get lunch.Don't hate the player, hate the game and/or shipping. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Do you realize how crazy that sounds? I actually have to leave the house today...

Oh God, I'm gonna be sick. I just had a conversation with a 50ish year old overweight woman with a deformed foot. And she talked about going to Hedonism for vacation.

:puke:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Oh God, I'm gonna be sick. I just had a conversation with a 50ish year old overweight woman with a deformed foot. And she talked about going to Hedonism for vacation.

:puke:[/QUOTE]

It's a trap? :whistle2:s

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']"I've heard so much about you" has to be one of the most unsettling phrases in the english language.

I have no idea where that thought came from.[/QUOTE]

"I've read so much about you" is terrifying.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I have to add them to my friend's list... but I've been invisible since I quit CAG. It has nothing to do with crude comments being aimed at me. I don't care about that. I stay invisible for no particular reason except to mask how often I'm actually on CAG.[/QUOTE]

It works rather well, doesn't it...
there was a good month or so where I made myself invisible.

[quote name='Brak']"I've read so much about you" is terrifying.[/QUOTE]I suppose it would be. It implies the existance of volumes of material. :lol:[quote name='JSweeney']It works rather well, doesn't it...
there was a good month or so where I made myself invisible.[/QUOTE]Did anyone notice? ;)

[quote name='JSweeney']It works rather well, doesn't it...
there was a good month or so where I made myself invisible.[/QUOTE]
It does work well. By the way I added you on my Mario Kart list... now if only I could get the fuggin thing to stay online.

"Because of the holiday our comics shipment got delayed so we will not have them available until around 5"

And repeat.

Oh, and "No, im sorry, we dont do any buy backs." "..." "Your copy of Spawn is most likely worth about zilch, but is at least listed at $10" "..." "Sir, you dont want to know how much your Death of Superman in a bag with wristband is worth."

And repeat.

EDIT: Lulu, Sweeny, put me on your MK list. Please.

I just said please on the internet... it hurts for some reason.

All this talk of Mario Kart is making me think about going to Target and get a $99 DS. :cry:

The lack of WiFi at home is probably part of making that a tough decision.

[quote name='shrike4242']The lack of WiFi at home is probably part of making that a tough decision.[/QUOTE]

Get that one USB... thing. (I don't know the name.)

[quote name='Brak']Get that one USB... thing. (I don't know the name.)[/QUOTE]
USB dongle I think.
But yeah my room-mate is purchasing one because our wireless internet is a little wonky.

[quote name='Brak']Get that one USB... thing. (I don't know the name.)[/QUOTE]
That USB microrouter/dongle thingie they're selling? No thanks. Works for quick & dirty setups, and that's not my way.

Problem is for me, since I have my Tivo & Xbox in one room, another Tivo + networked laser printer in another room, and my DSL modem + router + network MFC in a third room, I either have to run Ethernet cable (as I have for the last 2.5 years) or go get a wireless router + 2 bridges, which kicks up the cost a tad. :whistle2:s Plus, since the DS only has 802.11B, it means the best security I can run is WEP, which might make me want to run everything I don't care about being hacked on another network band, such as 802.11A, or just isolate the DS onto its own little network on its own.

See, this is what happens when you do IT for a living, you over-complicate things. :D

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Go play at McDonalds/Apple/Panera/Kinkos. Sitting in a car all creepy like is fun![/QUOTE]
As if I have time for that. :roll:

[quote name='Brak']$35 fuckin' bucks?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly was going to be $60, when they were talking about it earlier this year. $35 is much easier to deal with, though yes, a router might be a better choice.

Well it's supposedly going to work with the Revolution so that's worth the 35.
USB Dongle = 35 dollars
DS and Revolution = 300+ dollars
Being able to whoop someone across the world in Smash Bros = priceless

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Well it's supposedly going to work with the Revolution so that's worth the 35.
USB Dongle = 35 dollars
Being able to whoop someone across the world in Smash Bros = priceless[/QUOTE]
Time to sell that line to them and make some money. :D

I have two friends who both got the dongle but are having some real problems with it. Apparently it will install but theres an Internet sharing error. If I were you I'd just take the money you were going to use to dongle for and go buy a wireless router. I still cant believe Nintendo is only supporting WEP and not WPA as well.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']"Because of the holiday our comics shipment got delayed so we will not have them available until around 5"

And repeat.

Oh, and "No, im sorry, we dont do any buy backs." "..." "Your copy of Spawn is most likely worth about zilch, but is at least listed at $10" "..." "Sir, you dont want to know how much your Death of Superman in a bag with wristband is worth."

And repeat.

EDIT: Lulu, Sweeny, put me on your MK list. Please.

I just said please on the internet... it hurts for some reason.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I get home, Nigel. :lol:
Of course, that won't be until midnight, but hey, it'll get done. :lol:

That goes for you too, Lulu.

[quote name='Msia']I have two friends who both got the dongle but are having some real problems with it. Apparently it will install but theres an Internet sharing error. If I were you I'd just take the money you were going to use to dongle for and go buy a wireless router. I still cant believe Nintendo is only supporting WEP and not WPA as well.[/QUOTE]
They could do WPA if they wanted, since 802.11B will do WPA, though it's so much easier for them to just support WEP. :roll:

I'd do an access point with WEP for things like the DS & PSP, just to keep it off to the side of my network and not have someone backdoor themselves into my network.

[quote name='Msia']I have two friends who both got the dongle but are having some real problems with it. Apparently it will install but theres an Internet sharing error. If I were you I'd just take the money you were going to use to dongle for and go buy a wireless router. I still cant believe Nintendo is only supporting WEP and not WPA as well.[/QUOTE]
Does that mean the router would have to be WEP encryption?
[EDIT]: I guess we use WEP, so we're all set for MK and AC on DS.

I tested out on that dongle testing website or whatever and it worked.. hope it works.. gonna try to get one by christmas..

I don't know what's worse - that you guys are making me want to buy a DS just by talking about it, or that I've got the money and the means to go out and do it.

[quote name='beerguy961']Does that mean the router would have to be WEP encryption?
[EDIT]: I guess we use WEP, so we're all set for MK and AC on DS.[/QUOTE]
You can only use one encryption type per wireless band, which means you can do one encryption for 802.11A and a different encryption for 802.11B/G , if you have a dual-band router. Single-band router, both wireless types have to use the same encryption.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I don't know what's worse - that you guys are making me want to buy a DS just by talking about it, or that I've got the money and the means to go out and do it.[/QUOTE]
For me, I'd only buy it if I though I'd spend enough time on it to make it worthwhile to spend the money. Right now, it's just MK DS that would lean me that direction.

Then again, I bought the Xbox and only had Halo on it for months, so who am I to talk? :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']You can only use one encryption type per wireless band, which means you can do one encryption for 802.11A and a different encryption for 802.11B/G , if you have a dual-band router. Single-band router, both wireless types have to use the same encryption.

For me, I'd only buy it if I though I'd spend enough time on it to make it worthwhile to spend the money. Right now, it's just MK DS that would lean me that direction.

Then again, I bought the Xbox and only had Halo on it for months, so who am I to talk? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Mario Kart would be the big game for me too...but the thing is, I probably don't have ANY time to be playing games right now.

I'm still working on that essay, for what it's worth. It's coming...just very, very slowly. Mario Kart would just distract me at this point. Heck, even thinking about it is doing the trick... :)

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Mario Kart would be the big game for me too...but the thing is, I probably don't have ANY time to be playing games right now.

I'm still working on that essay, for what it's worth. It's coming...just very, very slowly. Mario Kart would just distract me at this point. Heck, even thinking about it is doing the trick... :)[/QUOTE]
I'm with you there on the time being an issue.

Though, for me, I like my gaming in the non-handheld form. The only time I do handheld gaming, it's stuff on my Palm or cellphone, items I'd have on me anyway, and stuff like waiting in line or the like.

For spending time with games, Jade Empire took away 14 hours of my weekend, so that's an exception. :D

[quote name='Scorch']I tested out on that dongle testing website or whatever and it worked.. hope it works.. gonna try to get one by christmas..[/QUOTE]
I wouldnt put too much stock in their "test". Both friends of mine pass that test yet cant use the dongle to connect online. It's also not just them, theres a ton of people with the same error on the nintendo wi-fi boards.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm with you there on the time being an issue.

Though, for me, I like my gaming in the non-handheld form. The only time I do handheld gaming, it's stuff on my Palm or cellphone, items I'd have on me anyway, and stuff like waiting in line or the like.

For spending time with games, Jade Empire took away 14 hours of my weekend, so that's an exception. :D[/QUOTE]
If I had my choice, I'd be spending at least part of my weekend with my copy oF Shenmue...but I've got a massive programming project due Sunday night, and it's not finished because of the paper that I'm working on now. It's been ages since I've had free time; even over Thanksgiving I had all of my textbooks with me.

All work and no play is going to make me a homicidal maniac one of these days.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']It's been ages since I've had free time; even over Thanksgiving I had all of my textbooks with me.

All work and no play is going to make me a homicidal maniac one of these days.[/QUOTE]

No TV and no beer make homer something something...

I too am tempted by the devil that is MKDS. Besides not wanting to drop 150 on the sytem/game and finding the time to play it, I have a hard time justifying it when I have a perfectly good GBA SP... another system just isn't on the horizon for me at the moment I guess. :whistle2:|

I totally can relate to you and Shrike on the free time factor. I can't remember the last time I had any to tell you the truth... 40-60 hours a week at my job and the rest gets spent keeping up with graduate school... ugh. :wall:

DS
My favorite System since Dreamcast
I will sit on the couch in front of the tv with 6 systems hooked into it, it will be off, and i'll be playing Mario Kart/Lost in Blue/Castlevania/Yoshis Touch and Go/Metroid Prime Pinball/Sonic Rush.

I love it.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']If I had my choice, I'd be spending at least part of my weekend with my copy oF Shenmue...but I've got a massive programming project due Sunday night, and it's not finished because of the paper that I'm working on now. It's been ages since I've had free time; even over Thanksgiving I had all of my textbooks with me.

All work and no play is going to make me a homicidal maniac one of these days.[/QUOTE]
If it's the DC version of Shenmue, damn fine game. One of the games I loved on my DC, when I still had it. Which makes me think I should go grab Shenmue II and pick it back up again.

I'm with you there on the "all work and no play" scenario.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']No TV and no beer make homer something something...

I too am tempted by the devil that is MKDS. Besides not wanting to drop 150 on the sytem/game and finding the time to play it, I have a hard time justifying it when I have a perfectly good GBA SP... another system just isn't on the horizon for me at the moment I guess. :whistle2:|

I totally can relate to you and Shrike on the free time factor. I can't remember the last time I had any to tell you the truth... 40-60 hours a week at my job and the rest gets spent keeping up with graduate school... ugh. :wall:[/QUOTE]
See, that's why I have a GBA player, since the GBA games I wanted to play made much more sense when a $50 (well, I paid $22-something for it, though that's another story) device that works just the same than $99 (at the time) device would do.

For me, it's work, and eking out some sense of a personal life above and beyond work, when time permits. :|

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Well it's supposedly going to work with the Revolution so that's worth the 35.
USB Dongle = 35 dollars
I'd assume that if there will be headsets for Rev. online that you'd stay away from those, at least if you're playing strangers on Smash. From my experience, they're some of the worst fanboys. It's staying in the GC display here at school because those fanboys bitch when it's not there to play. Hell, the controllers that were there for the longest time were fucked up and loose and impossible to use effectively. I don't care much for the game anymore after experiencing better 4-player fighters on the cube.

USB Dongle = 35 dollars

I think I'd much rather grind all of them under my heel in Advance Wars: Revolution!! or Fire Emblem.

[quote name='shrike4242']
See, that's why I have a GBA player, since the GBA games I wanted to play made much more sense when a $50 (well, I paid $22-something for it, though that's another story) device that works just the same than $99 (at the time) device would do. [/QUOTE]

I've been considering selling off my SP and picking up a GBA player, but haven't found any good deals on a mint/new one. If you happen to know of any, please feel free to PM me -- this seems to be the best solution, as I could eventually pick up a DS and I'd still be able to keep the few classic GB games I have predating the advance system.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']No TV and no beer make homer something something...[/QUOTE]

I'm a little dejected that nobody took the opportunity to run with this. I was totally expecting someone to finish the line. But since nobody else has...

go crazy?

Don't mind if I do!!! Bwubabillajoooabllaaaapppbbbttt!!!!!111!one!!! :p:bouncy::D:mrgreen::twisted::shock::idea:#-o:joystick:

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I'm a little dejected that nobody took the opportunity to run with this. I was totally expecting someone to finish the line. But since nobody else has...

go crazy?

Don't mind if I do!!! Bwubabillajoooabllaaaapppbbbttt!!!!!111!one!!! :p:bouncy::D:mrgreen::twisted::shock::idea:#-o:joystick:[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you quoted it right...

"No BEER and no TV make Homer somthing something..." You bass ackwards'd it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back