Lumines Live! - Drops to 800pts This Wed. + Holiday Pack 20 Skins 400pts October 17th

Bought both new skin packs. The club mix one's skins look fantastic, it must look amazing on a HDTV (The Booster pack is nice, too.).
And have they ever gotten around to fixing the lag in XBL matches? I haven't played in a long time.

Edit: Anyone have any pics of the Lumines Theme?

I'm kind of disappointed in the booster back. I've unlocked 14 of them and there are only a few skins I liked.

The club one though....yes. I like the music and the constantly moving backgrounds. Too bad it's only four skins on that one.

Also sprintsucks$^*&*!@10833945781082, check out http://dashboardthemes.com/
They have like all the themes up for preview.

I've been digging the new content a lot myself.
Can't believe I've spent so much on this game...but I like it.

New Holiday Skin Pack coming in October:
Released nearly a year ago now, Lumines Live! took the successful PlayStation Portable puzzle game and transported it to the Xbox Live Arcade. Downloadable content soon followed, and the latest content to make an appearance will be a set of 20 new skins with a 'holiday' theme. They'll cost 400 Microsoft points when they land on October 17th 2007, but we managed to score a quick look at some of them on a recent visit to Q! Entertainment in Tokyo.

The first new skin that we saw featured a halloween-themed background with spinning pumpkins as well as witches who flew by on broomsticks. Halloween is a big deal out in Japan, with many downtown stores already selling items for October 31 ahead of TGS in mid-September. The skin featured a hardcore dance music track, pretty much in keeping with many other levels in the game. The other new skins that we saw were just as crazy, with one featuring spinning turkeys roasting above a fire for Thanksgiving, and another one with Santa Claus in a tropical setting accompanied by a Jamaican musical number. The only thing that this content will be missing is new achievements to unlock.

One of the most exciting pieces of news to come out of our visit is that another new skin will be released for free for owners of the game with an Xbox Live Gold account. A new Genki Rockets single called Heavenly Star will be making its way to the network in October, but it is likely that it will be available for a limited time only. We really liked the song, an upbeat but quite mellow dance number, and the music video used some cool rotoscope effects.

The new holiday pack for Lumines Live! had a very playful feel to it, and we can't wait to see some of the 17 other skins that will make it into the package. It's also good to see Q! Entertainment supporting the community with free content this long after the game's release. Expect to see all the new content arriving on Xbox Live Arcade in October, along with another of Q!'s puzzle games in the form of Every Extend Extra Extreme.
http://tgs.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6179023&pid=933064&tag=top_stories%3btitle%3b1

Heavenly Star? IIRC, that was released back when Lumines Live first came out, free as well. Maybe they're bringing it back temporarily so more people can play it, but "new single"?

And a note to anyone on the edge about Lumines, you can download the free song and just hold onto it. It won't expire, and you can keep it until you decide to get lumines.

Sweet more skins and less of my money lol. I suprisingly liked the vs cpu mode since online has never worked for me, (my connection).

The new DLC along with a price drop are out this week:

Fans of the highly addictive puzzle game Lumines Live! may be interested to learn about the new DLC that will be released this Wednesday. From October 17 until November 14, two Skins entitled Heavenly Star and Breeze will be free for all Xbox Live Gold members. As well as this, the Rockin’ Holiday Pack will be released and will cost 400 Microsoft Points. Best of all, however, is that the cost of standard edition of the game will be cut from 1200 Microsoft Points to 800 Microsoft Points permanently. While this will delight anyone who hasn’t bought the game yet, anybody who has bought it will not be too happy.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/3814

You can download the free DLC w/o having the game, right?
If so, I'll download the content if I ever download the actual game.
800 points is much better...

So how much will this game come to with all the DLC?

Heh, I was worried about the ramifications of buying this "on principle," even with points I scored for free. But buying it after a price drop might send the right message to the powers that be. I think I can buy this now and still keep my CAG conscience absolved, lol.

I'll have to re-download this demo. 800 points is attractive for the base game. For those that have it, is there enough in the basic pack to satisfy the $10? (or $5 in my case)

definitely. i love the hell out of lumines.

it certainly feels a little weird to pay [insert price paid here] for it on xbox when i paid $10 for lumines 2 on psp, but even if the game was a $30 retail title i'd pick it up.

Thoughts on the holiday pack? Tempted to get it but I bet they'll cut the price in half after Christmas.

Lumines is an odd one...it has gone from biggest debacle on XBLA (from the deception over not getting the full game when you buy it) to one of the best values on XBLA between free stuff, discounted stuff, and limited-time deals.

I bit at 800 pts. It is a little weird playing it on the controller after playing it on the psp for so long and the d-pad didn't help at all. Just downloaded the free skins (Breeze and Heavenly Star [love that song]) and trying to figure out how to play them, i'll figure it out tomorrow.

Anyone recommend any song packs to buy? Any music like the first lumines would be great.

Hopefully this means there will be more people on xbox live battle. Gettin kinda old playin with the same guy who is ranked in the Top 20 every night.

[quote name='Odenat']Hopefully this means there will be more people on xbox live battle. Gettin kinda old playin with the same guy who is ranked in the Top 20 every night.[/QUOTE]

What time would that be at, because I get on and can't seem to find anyone.

I'm not sure why everyone likes this game so much. I downloaded the original lumines on my psp (supposed to be the best version), and I thought that it was meh.

I've cleared 11 of the 20 skins on the Holiday Pack. I find them very enjoyable.

Can someone advise me on what makes the skins change? I had always thought it was related to how quickly your score increases, but the Holiday Skins always seem to go on for the same length of time.

By the way, those 11 skins took me 41 minutes.

It's funny because I was thinking just last week that Lumines needed some new DLC then lo and behold we get some. Talk about impeccable timing by Q! Ent.

Needless to say, I downloaded/bought all the new DLC the other day and love it all. Now I have some new skins to add to my favorites list. I love the cream/tannish and blue skin w/ all the leaves falling in the background as well as the one after it. Heck, I like all of the skins I've unlocked, except for maybe that teal and orange one that moves fast and hurts my eyes.

Definitely worth the price. Heck, I paid full price for the game originally so at 800 points it's a steal IMO.

Anyone have a price comparison of discounted vs. regularly priced DLC? I'm curious how much I've spent & saved on this game.

[quote name='robzilla']What time would that be at, because I get on and can't seem to find anyone.[/quote] I usually play around 9 central. But i am not sure how the true skill pairing works on this game. I usually only play Japanese guys who are crazy at this game. If I could get my true skill up one more point I would be in the top 100.

Can you download the free content (which I think is restricted to Gold membership) while on a 48-hr trial? I saw an auction for a trial that said it upgrades you from silver to gameplay membership, but not full gold.

[quote name='lilboo']You can download the free DLC w/o having the game, right?
If so, I'll download the content if I ever download the actual game.
800 points is much better...

So how much will this game come to with all the DLC?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did it a couple of days ago just in case I decide to get it.

bread's done
Back