Lumines madness!

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Sold 2 two copies. 1 unsealed and 1 sealed for 46.00 to Japan.[/QUOTE]

I would be very worried about that.. Did the dude have 0 feedback? I listed 3 none sold so far 2 is closed with no buyers even with starting bids of 25 used.

Every listing though i had someone from japan with 0 feedback asking if i would ship to japan. I would worrry about getting a chargeback or paypal dispute

[quote name='slidecage']I would be very worried about that.. Did the dude have 0 feedback? I listed 3 none sold so far 2 is closed with no buyers even with starting bids of 25 used.

Every listing though i had someone from japan with 0 feedback asking if i would ship to japan. I would worrry about getting a chargeback or paypal dispute[/quote]

The two buyers had 95 and 20 feedback.

Well, I went back this evening (Fri) to the TRU that had 15+ copies Thursday evening. They were ALL GONE. I asked the guy in Electronics and he said some dude from Seattle drive down I-5 and wiped out all the TRU's between Seattle and Portland (where I am) of those and "other" PSP games. He said he ran a "store" or something. I'm not sure what other games he bought because I was there last night and they didn't have much of anything. In fact, tonight I found more because I spotted a Lumines II which I actually wanted for myself (to, you know, play). I didn't see that there last night. For some reason, all the DS Gunpeys were gone too... Everything else looked the same.

So, anyway, anyone looking for Lumines (or any other good game) in the Pacific NW - too late, I guess...

It's funny because I remember when GR had their big clearance sale last summer some guy from Seattle came down here (100 miles or more) and wiped them clean too. If the bastard is a CAG lurker I'll be pissed (because he doesn't contribute in any way).

The n00best question I can have here, but I feel you guys won't laugh (that much). How on earth do I set up a BIN? I've looked through the options that it's supposed to be in and couldn't find it (this has been about 4 times over the course of the year hehe)

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']The n00best question I can have here, but I feel you guys won't laugh (that much). How on earth do I set up a BIN? I've looked through the options that it's supposed to be in and couldn't find it (this has been about 4 times over the course of the year hehe)[/QUOTE]

There's a tab near the price setting for regular auction and "fixed price" which is BIN. Or at least I think that's what it says. In any case you can change it there. Or you can set up a regular auction with a BIN price on top of it. Sometimes you can save a bit of money if you do a $24.99/$34.99 regular/BIN price. Just beware someone may bid on the $24.99 price and then the BIN goes away.

Madness...

I bought 5 at CC yesterday for $12.99, listed them for $34.95 BIN IPR each last night around 10 PM, and they were all sold when I got up this morning.

Damn, I just found two at CC and I'm not sure what to do. Should I sell both now or sell one and keep the other for when it potentially goes even higher?:whistle2:k

Ran back up to TRU and got 4 more. They said there are at least 6 more in hte back room.

$34.95 + shipping seems to be the current sweetspot for quick sales. Last one I listed sold in about 30 minutes.

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']The n00best question I can have here, but I feel you guys won't laugh (that much). How on earth do I set up a BIN? I've looked through the options that it's supposed to be in and couldn't find it (this has been about 4 times over the course of the year hehe)[/quote]
FYI if your FB is below 10 I believe, the BIN option won't be available to you.

This sucks, I'm so poor I can't even afford to flip em' :(

i bought 5 (2 were game only) gave one to my bro for his store plus i owe him money for fixing my psp. i have a couple right now on ebay but no bids. thinking of doing buy it now for a quick sale. ill sell the game only to any cag for $25 (+ 2% paypal fees). the game will probably be rereleased next month or so that will die the prices down.

I bought a copy for myself to play over a year ago (snagged it on sale at Gamerush for $9.99 new). Last week after I read about the hype I nabbed the last copy GR had (non-GH new for $12.99) for either trade bait or to to flip so I can buy another game I want. Last night I went into Circuit City. They had 2 brand new (GH) copies of Lumines for $12.99 in their discount bins. I left those for other gamers to find.

Got lucky at my TRU, they had 5 copies for $13.98 each. All of which are on ebay now. I love how exploits like this help the market, lol.

I think this'll be my 2nd best TRU flip since last year when they released the Xbox cameras a month early (i think i sold all 4 of mine for $95-110 - paid $40 each.

Is there any way to make a 1 day BIN auction with instant payment? I can only do 3-day for some reason... I thought I day was possible.

I'm still wondering if I should list my second one now or later.:whistle2:k

Sold both of mine for $34.99 + $3.50 shipping. Didn't even take a whole day! Total of about a $44 (or $50 if I can PM it next Sunday).

Damn, I really wanted to go around and look for some more copies today but we're going out of town.:bomb:

prices seem to be dropping further. Looks like ~$35 shipped is the average. Unless you ship worldwide (screw that)

Wow, i got lucky. One guy bought 4 of em. Still waiting on payment, but he's got decent feedback. One thing thats kinda wierd, he's bought another 3 copies of Lumines from other people. I personally dont care what they use em for as long as i get the $, lol.

I went out to another TRU looking for more Lumines, no luck though. I passed up one at the local Gamerush, ill wait to see if the prices die down in the next few days before I grab it. I gotta wonder what the hell people were thinking paying $130 for a copy of the game. You can get a 1.5 PSP for less than that.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Well, just sold my last copy....24 in all. Only one of those was on eBay. Amazon FTW[/QUOTE]

Jesus... how much did you make? The prices on Amazon are ridiculous compared to the somewhat tame eBay prices.

[quote name='Vinny']Jesus... how much did you make? The prices on Amazon are ridiculous compared to the somewhat tame eBay prices.[/quote]

Good question. Ill have to add it up. :)

Sold 4 on ebay so far, have 2 left. I'm heading back to TRU tomorrow to clean up the remainder of their stock.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Good question. Ill have to add it up. :)[/quote]

*sigh*

I could have made a killing, but I didn't have any money to jumpstart this plan.

Everything went to bills and my car...you know...necessities >.>

[quote name='Pookymeister']Good question. Ill have to add it up. :)[/quote]
I made $560 bucks on this. :cool:
Thats after all the amazon/ebay/half fees, shipping, what the game costs, etc.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I made $560 bucks on this. :cool:
Thats after all the amazon/ebay/half fees, shipping, what the game costs, etc.[/quote]
....*mumbles*........:bomb:

LIES, ALL LIES! :p

I'm figuring you started with a total sale of a bit over $1000, minus around $340 for the games, around $70-80 for shipping, amazon fees, gas :p

Did you use paypal?

I'm starting to do all the calculations to see what I can work with XD

I've noticed on interesting thing about this thread... we have yet to see anyone bitch about hoarding. Isn't grabbing 24 copies of a game to resell for profit sort of against one of CAG "unwritten" rules? I passed on a few extra copies because didn't want to be a deal whore and figured I would leave some for others to find.

I have nothing against Pooky (congrats on getting a PS3 worth of profit!) just an observation.

Not when the game has been on clearance for 6+ months. Lumines was on clearance long before I quit TRU, which was in March.

As far as selling huge quantities, I'm in the same boat. I had to use the ol' Lemonade Stand method. Buy a few, sell them, use the profits to buy more quantity, and so on. I have one left, and am heading back for more in a few minutes.

I may try Amazon. What kind of fees do they have compared to eBay?

[quote name='sp00ge']Not when the game has been on clearance for 6+ months. Lumines was on clearance long before I quit TRU, which was in March.

As far as selling huge quantities, I'm in the same boat. I had to use the ol' Lemonade Stand method. Buy a few, sell them, use the profits to buy more quantity, and so on. I have one left, and am heading back for more in a few minutes.

I may try Amazon. What kind of fees do they have compared to eBay?[/quote]

I used the credit card method :)

amazon is 15% plus about $2 - its more than ebay or half, but usually you sell for more there too.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I used the credit card method :)

amazon is 15% plus about $2 - its more than ebay or half, but usually you sell for more there too.[/quote]
You don't have to worry about buyers flaking out do you?

Scratch that last part, I shook off the laziness and went to look myself :p

[quote name='sp00ge']I have 3 more posted up on Amazon @ $45. I'll give them a day or so, else they'll go to eBay.[/quote]

Id drop it to 44.50 to be the lowest :)

[quote name='Pookymeister']Id drop it to 44.50 to be the lowest :)[/quote]
Good idea. $44.75 is now the lowest. :D

EDIT: 1 already sold!

Damn, I sold 5 on eBay all between $31 and $38 and all but one were to foreign buyers (mostly Canada). I should check out this Amazon thing ;). But, anyways, I'm all out now and certainly don't feel like hunting down more of them at this point... Congrats on your haul Pooky. Hopefully that goes to some nice gaming gear (a PS3 maybe? A nice HDMI receiver?). :lol:

[quote name='io']Damn, I sold 5 on eBay all between $31 and $38 and all but one were to foreign buyers (mostly Canada). I should check out this Amazon thing ;). But, anyways, I'm all out now and certainly don't feel like hunting down more of them at this point... Congrats on your haul Pooky. Hopefully that goes to some nice gaming gear (a PS3 maybe? A nice HDMI receiver?). :lol:[/quote]

I'll just consider it retroactively paying for the 360 Elite bundle i just bought ;)

[quote name='Pookymeister']I'll just consider it retroactively paying for the 360 Elite bundle i just bought ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah, well, there you go then ;).

Well shit, I wish I would have read the part about a 14 day hold on funds for new sellers. I have $80 in limbo for hte next 2 weeks on Amazon. I'm going back to ebay. I may make a few dollars less, but at least the payment is instant. :(

[quote name='sp00ge']Well shit, I wish I would have read the part about a 14 day hold on funds for new sellers. I have $80 in limbo for hte next 2 weeks on Amazon. I'm going back to ebay. I may make a few dollars less, but at least the payment is instant. :([/quote]

Well now, I just read through the whole FAQ :O

Aside from the 14 day hold, payments generally take 5 days to show up in your bank account D:

[quote name='sp00ge']Well shit, I wish I would have read the part about a 14 day hold on funds for new sellers. I have $80 in limbo for hte next 2 weeks on Amazon. I'm going back to ebay. I may make a few dollars less, but at least the payment is instant. :([/quote]
Ah, didnt even know about that. Prob wasnt in a rush when i first started selling.
Half and Amazon are the same in that they pay ya every two weeks or so automatically. Although with Amazon you can say pay me right now if you want to (i guess after the initial 14 days) Looks like i have $900 sitting in there right now. :drool:

Oh well... I have $150 in Paypal from eBay, and $120 in Amazon on hold. I have one auction ending this afternoon and am heading up to TRU in a little while to clear out the last few copies of Lumines.

I flipped two that I bought for $8 each for $40 each. Nice little profit there. I'm not selling my personal copy, though, just incase I ever need to downgrade again.

[quote name='jer7583']I flipped two that I bought for $8 each for $40 each. Nice little profit there. I'm not selling my personal copy, though, just incase I ever need to downgrade again.[/quote]

Where did you get them for $8 each?

Sold just one of my extra personal copies for a few dollars profit. I'm not going to run around looking for this, although I did make a few hundred bucs with the GTA LCS flipping.

3 more copies and I think that's all for my TRU. I even got a free beach tote bag this time. :D

I got my stereo for the car, now the rest is gamin' money :D

I was finally able to take a shot at this and sold two in less than an hour o_O

Great, now I'm gonna go hunting for copies now >.>

I found 3 more copies!:D

Looks like the eBay prices are still high so I might just try to get $34.99 again.

Hmmm I found 3 copies of the GH Version of Lumines for 18.xx Each. Does the GH version work with the exploit or only the original? Any help would be appreciated since I would like to make monies also :D

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hmmm I found 3 copies of the GH Version of Lumines for 18.xx Each. Does the GH version work with the exploit or only the original? Any help would be appreciated since I would like to make monies also :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the GH version is the same. I sold 2 of those for $34.99 within a day.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Hmmm I found 3 copies of the GH Version of Lumines for 18.xx Each. Does the GH version work with the exploit or only the original? Any help would be appreciated since I would like to make monies also :D[/QUOTE]

yep, every copy that's out right now (last time I checked, unless something has changed.)

i sold my last sealed one tonight for $42 before shipping to a south korean. I had 4 new ones, 2 complete, 1 disc only. I'm done unless I happen to run into some for cheap.

Thanks guys. Even though it's not the greatest profit I found some of these Lumines and Monster Hunter Freedom's for 18.xx. Not too shabby of a profit :D

bread's done
Back