Lumines madness!

I just sold one of my 3 for $34.99.

I'm wondering if I should put this up as a auction... auctions seem to go higher. But I guess I'd rather not risk a NPB.

[quote name='Vinny']I just sold one of my 3 for $34.99.

I'm wondering if I should put this up as a auction... auctions seem to go higher. But I guess I'd rather not risk a NPB.[/QUOTE]

My one regular auction ended at exactly $35, so I don't see the point, though you could always get lucky with some morons trying to outbid one another.

Heh... I guess.

Well, I was able to sell the rest of them. That makes a total of 5 copies for a total profit for about $85 after all fees.

This thread was a trap to see who all the hoarders on CAG are. You all will be banned by the morning.

anyhow, found another copy today...decided to pick up the DMC trilogy and figured why not get it for free :bouncy:

I found a couple of more copies. I have the slightest feeling that these are gona drop harshly once I pick up my 5 Copies. The market always turns against me :D

[quote name='pimpinc333']I found a couple of more copies. I have the slightest feeling that these are gona drop harshly once I pick up my 5 Copies. The market always turns against me :D[/quote]

Well if it does save your receipt and return them :).

My TRU had a few copies left last I checked and I might go back for a few more. The prices still seem to be pretty steady so it's worth a shot even if it's only a few bucks profit I guess.

hah, just found 12 copies today at TRU.

they've been clearanced for a while...no one's buying them...they're mine. (before any WI cags throw a shit fit in the regional thread, I bought them in IL. cheers :) )

Is there any difference in value between the GH and regular versions? I scoped out a couple copies at CC and I may go back and nab them later...

[quote name='Apossum']hah, just found 12 copies today at TRU.

they've been clearanced for a while...no one's buying them...they're mine. (before any WI cags throw a shit fit in the regional thread, I bought them in IL.)[/QUOTE]

Bastard hoarder! Oh well, you have to pay for that overpriced Ninja Gaiden Sigma player somehow, I guess, so I don't blame you ;).

Oh, and just in case: :mrgreen:

[quote name='io']Bastard hoarder! Oh well, you have to pay for that overpriced Ninja Gaiden Sigma player somehow, I guess, so I don't blame you ;).

Oh, and just in case: :mrgreen:[/quote]

Hey now don't forget about Super Rub-a-Dub.... That's one killer ap you won't find on Live.... :rofl:

I keed, I keed!

Here's my Lumines totals for the last month:

44 items, $1,709.29 shipped

plus I just listed another 20 copies today.

This is one of the best and most prolonged game flipping events that I can remember. The GTA Unpatched wasn't bad there either!

[quote name='io']Bastard hoarder! Oh well, you have to pay for that overpriced Ninja Gaiden Sigma player somehow, I guess, so I don't blame you ;).

Oh, and just in case: :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

pay for this one?

I'm actually buying a 2nd ps3 and supergluing a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma into it.

[quote name='Chitown021']Hey now don't forget about Super Rub-a-Dub.... That's one killer ap you won't find on Live.... :rofl:

I keed, I keed![/QUOTE]

I have over 339 hours logged into Super Rub a Dub. serious business. that's what I call a duck etc. etc.

[quote name='briansraregames']Here's my Lumines totals for the last month:

This is one of the best and most prolonged game flipping events that I can remember. The GTA Unpatched wasn't bad there either![/QUOTE]

How did you find that many copies?:whistle2:o

I sold a total of 8 copies and kept one copy in case there's some price hike though I guess it's doubtful.

[/QUOTE]

:shock: Dude, that's unreal!
I sold 5 and I thought I overdid it :lol:. But, yeah, I echo Vinny - how did you find so many? They got wiped out all over here within days of the downgrader being released.

This is one of the best and most prolonged game flipping events that I can remember. The GTA Unpatched wasn't bad there either![/quote]

I sold 24 copies and that was $1390 shipped. Though only one of those was on eBay

[quote name='io']:shock: Dude, that's unreal!
I sold 5 and I thought I overdid it :lol:. But, yeah, I echo Vinny - how did you find so many? They got wiped out all over here within days of the downgrader being released.[/quote]

I'm getting them at TRUs in my area mostly, a few at CC, few used ones at GS. I've had a couple big hits, 15 here, 10 there...I guess people aren't onto it around here. Shit, on my trip today I found about 10 copies of the unpatched GTA at a TRU.

JACKPOT!!! We were out and about today so I stopped in at Circuit City. They had 2 copies of the GH version of Lumines in the discount bin for $12.99. I nabbed those and decided to check the TRU across the highway... BINGO!! I found 4 non-GH copies of the game on the shelf for $13.98. I grabbed them and went to the electronics counter. The lady there said "eBayer? Do you need any more copies of this?" She said they had more in the back. She went to the back and brought up 7 more!

She said some guy had come in there two weeks prior and bought 80 copies of Phoenix Wright for the DS to do the same thing.

[quote name='Chitown021']JACKPOT!!! We were out and about today so I stopped in at Circuit City. They had 2 copies of the GH version of Lumines in the discount bin for $12.99. I nabbed those and decided to check the TRU across the highway... BINGO!! I found 4 non-GH copies of the game on the shelf for $13.98. I grabbed them and went to the electronics counter. The lady there said "eBayer? Do you need any more copies of this?" She said they had more in the back. She went to the back and brought up 7 more!

She said some guy had come in there two weeks prior and bought 80 copies of Phoenix Wright for the DS to do the same thing.[/quote]

Now thats funny..I bet that guy is gunna be bummed when he finds out PW doesn't go for nearly as much as it did

The probably bought them during the B2G1 free sale so it was $6.66 each so even if they sell them for $15 each, they are going to end up making over $600 (after fees)

[quote name='briansraregames']I'm getting them at TRUs in my area mostly, a few at CC, few used ones at GS. I've had a couple big hits, 15 here, 10 there...I guess people aren't onto it around here. Shit, on my trip today I found about 10 copies of the unpatched GTA at a TRU.[/quote]

how can you tell you have an unptched GTA?

[quote name='Foo228']Now thats funny..I bet that guy is gunna be bummed when he finds out PW doesn't go for nearly as much as it did[/quote]

Yeah I was puzzled by this as well. I didn't think there was any extraordinary demand for the first FW... I find it comical that TRU sells the newer Lumines II for $9.99 (grabbed one of those to play) and sells the original for $13.98.

[quote name='guinaevere']Original print (as in, not greatest hits) AND... http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/01/27/ask-psp-fanboy-volume-4/

the art on the back. But again, the GH version has the older art. Make sure you have the older art and the non-greatest hits.[/quote]

Also, if you're strictly looking at used GTAs, be sure to look at the actual disc, it must be non GH and have the following text just below the PS logo "Manufactured in the USA ULUS 10041 UPDL 004850" If the 004850 is not on the disc, it is patched.

so are you guys all shipping worldwide? seems like people in Japan are the main ones buying these up. I've also shipped a few to Korea.

[quote name='slidecage']Will Greatest hits work or does it have to be teh first one[/quote]I believe this was answered much earlier in the thread. As I undersand it, the GH of Lumines also works.

[quote name='Apossum']so are you guys all shipping worldwide? seems like people in Japan are the main ones buying these up. I've also shipped a few to Korea.[/quote]Nope. I've had people from everywhere asking to ship any number of "your lumins" in a flat rate intl envelope. As if I'm gonna be able to fit more than one in that cardboard envelope with any sort of padding.

I don't sell outside of the states because of paypal not offering sellers protection. I'd love to make big $ selling intl, bu I'm not about to have the PO lose the package, and then having to refund payment.

I've sold my first few on fleabay domestically. I've gotten between $30 & $35 each (+ $5 shipping). I've had some questions from people wanting me to ship internationally but decided not to do it beause of shipping costs & smiplicity sake. I would imagine Kendro is right, you could proabably profit more overall if sold out of the country if you were willing to deal with the hassle and potential perils of doing so (as outlined by Guinaevere above).

I think I'm going to sell my next batch on Amazon. The negative to that is I've never done it before so I have no feedback. The positive is I like the way they do things better (they don't get paid unless you sell). Also after reading Magiic's horror story in another thread even though my sales are small I'd like to avoid paypal whenever possible and not reward them by giving them my cash for transactions.

I was thinking about shipping world wide but I'm too afraid of taking the risk. There's no way to track it and I don't know if there's a way to insure the package. Well, I guess it really doesn't matter now since I don't have any copies left.

[quote name='Chitown021']I've sold my first few on fleabay domestically. I've gotten between $30 & $35 each (+ $5 shipping). I've had some questions from people wanting me to ship internationally but decided not to do it beause of shipping costs & smiplicity sake. I would imagine Kendro is right, you could proabably profit more overall if sold out of the country if you were willing to deal with the hassle and potential perils of doing so (as outlined by Guinaevere above).

I think I'm going to sell my next batch on Amazon. The negative to that is I've never done it before so I have no feedback. The positive is I like the way they do things better (they don't get paid unless you sell). Also after reading Magiic's horror story in another thread even though my sales are small I'd like to avoid paypal whenever possible and not reward them by giving them my cash for transactions.[/QUOTE]

amazon takes 15%! it doesn't seem worth it to sell on there at all.

[quote name='Apossum']amazon takes 15%! it doesn't seem worth it to sell on there at all.[/quote]

Also with new accounts, they hold the money for 14 days. I'm still waiting to be eligible to get my $120 for the three I sold almost two weeks ago.

[quote name='sp00ge']Also with new accounts, they hold the money for 14 days. I'm still waiting to be eligible to get my $120 for the three I sold almost two weeks ago.[/quote]

Haha, same here. Tomorrow is the end of my two-week waiting period :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, same here. Tomorrow is the end of my two-week waiting period :D[/quote]

Me too. It's going towards my GPS fund. :D

I feel the same way about shipping worldwide. I had people in Japan asking me if I had 4 copies to sell them but I stopped responding because I was getting 1 - 2 requests a day to ship out of the US (and that is despite only selling 4 total so far). It's not worth the risk.

[quote name='Apossum']amazon takes 15%! it doesn't seem worth it to sell on there at all.[/quote]

In my experience, Amazon prices are higher than ebay. I sold most of mine for 40-50 so even though they take 15%, you still make more than ebay.

[quote name='Vinny']I was thinking about shipping world wide but I'm too afraid of taking the risk. There's no way to track it and I don't know if there's a way to insure the package. Well, I guess it really doesn't matter now since I don't have any copies left.[/QUOTE]

There is a way to ship to japan what includes insurance but the cost is like 25 bucks + insurance.

They said they are looking into a way for the custom number to become a tracking number in the future.

I sold 1 cousin sold 3 of them to japan already got 1 chargeback. Told her that is the reason i dont ship outside of the USA

[quote name='Pookymeister']In my experience, Amazon prices are higher than ebay. I sold most of mine for 40-50 so even though they take 15%, you still make more than ebay.[/quote]

Well the way I figure it on small ticket items like this the fees charged by Amazon is higher than eBay but when you factor in paypal it comes out pretty close... Plus the copies of the game are selling for more on Amazon than eBay right now. I sold two earlier today on Amazon for $35 each (listed as the lowest price just to move them and get familiar with the Amazon process). Total earnings $35.00 + $3.99 S&H = $38.99. $38.99 - $2 shipping -$7.59 Amazon fee = $29.40 final "value".

The last one I sold on eBay ended at $30 + $5.00 S&H. $35 - around a buck to list the auction - roughly $2 final value fee - $1.40 paypal -$2 to ship = $28.60 final "Value"

Not a whole lot of difference once paypal and eBay take you from the rear with their respective fees.

you just gotta scope out both venues. I mean, ive sold a game on amazon for $100 just because i was the only one listing it, while the avg selling price on ebay was 30-35.

i grabbed a copy when i was at CC th eother day and threw it up as i already own an original copy. At for 12.99 i dont mind trying to sell it. but ive passed up a few copies around.

[quote name='Chitown021']Well the way I figure it on small ticket items like this the fees charged by Amazon is higher than eBay but when you factor in paypal it comes out pretty close... Plus the copies of the game are selling for more on Amazon than eBay right now. I sold two earlier today on Amazon for $35 each (listed as the lowest price just to move them and get familiar with the Amazon process). Total earnings $35.00 + $3.99 S&H = $38.99. $38.99 - $2 shipping -$7.59 Amazon fee = $29.40 final "value".

The last one I sold on eBay ended at $30 + $5.00 S&H. $35 - around a buck to list the auction - roughly $2 final value fee - $1.40 paypal -$2 to ship = $28.60 final "Value"

Not a whole lot of difference once paypal and eBay take you from the rear with their respective fees.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...that's not too bad. I think I'll throw some up and see what happens.

I guess the only bummer with Amazon that I didn't realize is the whole "new user" thing mentioned above. I've sold 4 copies total on Amazon since Friday but will have to wait 14 days before the cash hits my account.

bread's done
Back