M for the Last Movie You Ever Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girl Shy - Harold Lloyd - Quite funny, although the 'caveman' persona bit could never be filmed today.

Jim Gaffigan- beyond the pale - I've got this one coming from BBO. I love Gaffigan. Him and Brian Regan are a couple of my favorite current comics.

Saw 2 - I don't know. I saw Saw, and it was definitely f*ed up and disturbing, but I don't know if I can do Saw 2. I don't like eye damage or needles, and that clown thing is really creepy.

[quote name='dtcarson']
Saw 2 - I don't know. I saw Saw, and it was definitely f*ed up and disturbing, but I don't know if I can do Saw 2. I don't like eye damage or needles, and that clown thing is really creepy.[/QUOTE]

The clown thing isn't in the movie that much at all... Saw 2 is awesome, you should definately see it (or have you? I can't tell from the post).

Its got an excellent story, too.

Memoirs of a Geisha (twice already :roll: )
Born to Fight
Fragile (Calista Flockhart = :puke: )
Ultimate Avengers (sadly, this was the best of the bunch; I would've said Memoirs but having seen it too often in too short a time - separate dates with separate girls - leaves it a bit ho hum)

[quote name='Roufuss']Saw 2.

And it was fucking badass... 10 times the movie Hostel was.[/quote]

I just watched that too, and I thought it was retarded. The ending was so obvious. :whistle2:(

Also just watched MirrorMask. It was awesome as hell.

[quote name='Blade']Also just watched MirrorMask. It was awesome as hell.[/QUOTE]
saw that in the theaters back around october...i seem to recall the story was pretty lame and cliche (at least the mom/daughter plot), but the sound and visuals were great. i'd recommend it for anyone that digs the alice in wonderland, wizard of oz, labyrinth type of fantasy flick.

Into the Blue

Love Actually

First one was awesome, second one was slightly disjointed but cool none-the-less. As well, blockbuster is starting to piss me off, almost every single movie they're sending me now have so many scratches that my PS2 has trouble reading them and skips huge portions of the scenes.

dodgeball - meh. was pretty dumb but the party where ben stiller hits his wife's face with the ball was hilarious. according to imdb.com he did hit her face hard, i guess he took some married life frustration out with that throw.

16 Blocks

Surprised me that it actually has some very funny moments for an intense drama. Well acted by all involved and shows off Mos Def's acting chops.

Have to say that Bruce Willis did a better job in this than with Hostage. If you like cop dramas and have a couple hours to spare I definately recommend this movie.

[quote name='Danro']The Aristocrats - So this family walks into an agents office.....[/QUOTE]

I rented this when it first hit dvd and must say that is one joke that will never have enough deviations to end at the same point.

Dave Chappelle's Block Party. Awesome movie but I wanted more of the onstage footage.

I can only hope the DVD of this has the whole concert in its 8 hours of glory.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Watching Blade Runner director's cut right now, Mallrats extended is up next.[/QUOTE]
bladerunnner is always a fine choice.

as for myself, i watched walk the line. simple, predictable (no, i didn't know all the points they covered even though a quick bio search would have told me, but it was easy to see everything coming), but overall a good film. i expected a biopic to be boring, but i would watch it again.

jarhead

i didn't know what to expect, and ended up enjoying this slightly different war film (almost more of a non-war film). the cobination of roger deakins and walter murch was a killer one, and it shows. sam mendes is also gaining respect in my book, and i once again realize that i'm long overdue to see american beauty.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Mumford[/QUOTE]
the sound editor for that movie, robert grieve, is the head of the sound design department at my school. it's pretty funny, we're in post on sound right now and there's all these posters from films he's worked on through the halls.

[quote name='guardian_owl']The Weather Man, a little slow moving, but quite good.[/QUOTE]

Have that on my Blockbuster queue, I'm hoping it's good. Just saw Brokeback Mountain. Absolutely heartbreaking movie.

[quote name='shieryda']Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.[/quote]
Better than the others? I haven't been too impressed with the movies so far.

Amadeus - Great movie, great music, and an interesting depiction of the life of composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back