M for the Last Movie You Ever Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw The Libertine tonight. I hadn't heard anything about it but it was very, VERY good. I loved the setting and story but the last hour got a little redundant. Overall it was a pretty enjoyable 2 hours. Go see it.

Zathura - beginning dialog was a little ridiculous/stupid, but once things got going it was fairly enjoyable, if any of you have younger kids they will love this and it won't be painful for you to watch along with them,

I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien on IFC a couple nights ago, only for the graphic sex that was shown. Although I wasn't a big fan of the kid whacking off on the diving board, and the camera showing his oogoo going into the pool.

[quote name='Mex25']Monty python's Life Of Brian - a classic[/quote]I really need to get around to watching that.

btw, anyone remeber what the last of Monty Python's movies was?
I know there's Life of Brian and The Holy Grail, but I cant remeber what the last one was at all

[quote name='LiquidNight']I really need to get around to watching that.

btw, anyone remeber what the last of Monty Python's movies was?
I know there's Life of Brian and The Holy Grail, but I cant remeber what the last one was at all[/QUOTE]
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085959/
the meaning of life

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I watched Y Tu Mama Tambien on IFC a couple nights ago, only for the graphic sex that was shown. Although I wasn't a big fan of the kid whacking off on the diving board, and the camera showing his oogoo going into the pool.[/quote]

Shit, I've got that movie in my Netflix Q. Debating on whether I should get rid of it now...

[quote name='guardian_owl']Better than the others? I haven't been too impressed with the movies so far.[/quote]

It was okay. It seemed like they rushed certain parts that needed to be included from the book. I'm still depressed about the change in actors for Dumbledore's character. I can't get used to the new guy.

It doesn't help the fact the movies are about 2 stories behind now. I'm all caught up on the books, but I wonder if I should have just waited to read them right before the movies come out.

Watched The Hills Have Eyes and Failure to Launch, I know I know why the hell did I watch The Hills Have Eyes right?! ;)
The Hills Have Eyes was decent flick, lots of gore but not worth the full price admission.
Failure to Launch was my girlfriends idea, I swear!

serenity
i dunno...my roommate had it and i remember watching like 2 episodes on tv waaay back when it came on. it felt like it got the sci fi channel movie treatment, not theatrical release quality. i always felt like this was a mixture of other shows, like cowboy bebop made into live action. it was worth the price (free), but i wouldn't buy it.

[quote name='shieryda'] I'm still depressed about the change in actors for Dumbledore's character. I can't get used to the new guy.
[/QUOTE]

Well in all fairness they didn't have much choice in the matter.

On another note I watched 2046 late the other night, a very different/strange movie. Not bad at all, just really strange but at least it was a little unique too and the first time I'd seen Ziyi Zhang in a really different role which was good.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']On another note I watched 2046 late the other night, a very different/strange movie. Not bad at all, just really strange but at least it was a little unique too and the first time I'd seen Ziyi Zhang in a really different role which was good.[/QUOTE]
good film. i need to check out in the mood for love, as 2046 is sort of a sequel to that one. wong kar wai, chris doyle, and tony leung are an excellent combo. i highly recommend chungking express if you haven't seen it.

V for Vendetta

One of the greatest movies/story I have ever saw. Simple amazing. I had a grin on my face for practically the whole movie. Every person associated with the movie should be thanked.

A History of Violence.

It's brilliantly presented underlying themes, power-shift and character mutation can be mistaken for a "huh?".

V for Vendetta.

Next thursday night (technically Friday morning) I get to screen Stay Alive followed by Larry the Cable Guy Health Inspector.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']V for Vendetta, which was awesome. Watching Dog Soldiers now.[/quote]

Take out Natalie. Still awesome?

A History of Violence - Alright, some of it didn't feel that real to me though, a bit of dialog which doesn't seem like something people would say in the situations they are in. A decent film, but not a very memorable film.

Trepass - Ice-T and Ice Cube from the '80s priceless
Closer - Wife made me do it
Spider-Man 2 - Hundredth Time
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Something - Surprised I liked it

My movie Sunday, I probably will see more tonight.

House Of 9 - kinda boring, seemed like a ripoff of saw 2 in a way
Mr & Mrs Smith - finally got around to it, liked it
Wedding Crashers - wasn't what I expected, almost seemed like a chick flick
Unleashed - not bad for a Jet Li movie
The Batman Vs Dracula - got it for the kids, I actually liked it as well
Steamboy - Boring 1st half

versus

rather amusing japanese horror/action/comedy flick. better than i remembered it being. recommended to fans of riki-oh, or vice versa.

Watched "Red Eye" again, since my wife hadn't seen it. Also watched "Thumbsucker", which was a weird artsy film.

Oh yeah, I also went to see "V for Vendetta" yesterday. fucking awesome, though the sound in the theater seemed to not be working too well.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']V for Vendetta, which was awesome. Watching Dog Soldiers now.[/quote]

What did you think of "Dog Soldiers"? I enjoyed it immensely when I saw it.

[quote name='headpiece747']Trepass - Ice-T and Ice Cube from the '80s priceless
Closer - Wife made me do it
Spider-Man 2 - Hundredth Time
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Something - Surprised I liked it

My movie Sunday, I probably will see more tonight.[/QUOTE]You should thank her, it's the best one of the bunch. :lol:[quote name='shieryda']What did you think of "Dog Soldiers"? I enjoyed it immensely when I saw it.[/QUOTE]I thought it was pretty good actually. It was funny, and intentionally so at that. :lol:

fucking Netflix is totally throttling me. I was supposed to get "Domino" for Saturday, but it didn't show up. I really wanted to watch that movie this past weekend. "Murderball" is next on my list, so I hope to get that one by Wednesday...

point break

my roommate had never seen it, so i insisted she had to. i forgot how much fun that movie is. it has everything that made 90's action films fun.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - The first of the movie to not pander down to audience like they were all children. Though the pacing is a bit uneven and "the plan" seems needlessly complicated. Why not enchant a simple object and give it to him?

star wars episode 4: a new hope

pre-special edition widescreen

han shot first, no crappy jabba cgi...that's right lucas, this is the good version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back