Madden 09 Pre-order w/$10 Gift Card at Amazon, TRU 20% off, Best Buy $10 off and more

dipset121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[img-l=1]1580[/img-l][preview]Amazon is offering up a free $10 gift card with all pre-orders of Madden 09. Amazon Prime members get free release date delivery while everyone else has to pony up $5.98.

You can sign up for a free 1 month trial of Amazon Prime.

Hit the link below for all the retailers Madden 09 deals and promotions.[/preview]

WALMART

- Free T-shirt (during midnight release)
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99 W/ 10 DOLLAR GIFT CAR ONLINE ONLY
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99 W/ 10 DOLLAR GIFT CAR ONLINE ONLY

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...c=48_0&ref=+500501.4294013645&tab_value=9_All

************************************************************************************************

TARGET

- 10 Free Madden soundtrack downloads*
Try $5 off $50 Target coupon

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99

http://www.target.com/Pre-order-Madden-09-Video-Games/b/601-4100125-3700943?ie=UTF8&node=367912011

RADIOSHACK

Try $10 off $40 Entertainment Book Coupon also can be found on Ebay

29b1_1.JPG

or you can try the pdf file (Mods I will post if allowed, Please inform)

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...09552&cp=&origkw=acc&kw=acc&parentPage=search

CIRCUIT CITY

Comes with a free Mini Football
$5 dollar Gift Card (Online)
$15 off $100 Coupon can be found online (I will post pdf if allowed mods please respond)

02e9_1.JPG

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99+filler dvd/etc=100.00-15.00 off 100.00 coupon=$85.00

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=216745&c=1

GAMESTOP/EB GAMES

Pre-order Madden NFL 09 and get an exclusive coupon "playbook" worth over $50. Quantities are limited. While supplies last.
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/madden09/default.aspx

40% trade in coupon

ebc3006160mf2.jpg

**************************************************************************************************
7/11

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99-10.00 OFF in store COUPON=49.99

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/madden09/7eleven/

FYE
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

Kmart
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

Sears
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99-5 off 30 coupon=$54.99

5_on_your_next_purchase.png

Best Buy

e5jtk5.jpg

Pre-Order and Receive a Online strategy guide
PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99 Regular-10% coupon=53.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 89.99 Special Edition - $10.00 off $75.00 in games coupon =79.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 89.99 Special Edition - 25% off coupon=$67.49

How do I insert pdf file for 10% off coupon???

$10 off 75 coupon

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/H...PN_50568&e=11026;928637;714881278;1;02&a=1007

Frys
PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99
Toys R Us

- Free McFarlane Brett Favre
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...d=ToysRus-080803&promotioncode=ToysRus-080803
-10 dollar gift card (confirmed)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193190

PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99=w/20% off coupon= $47.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99= $71.99
Amazon.com

Free 10 dollar gift card if you preorder
PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99

http://www.amazon.com/EA-Madden-NFL-09/dp/B0012N5MUC

Shop Ritehttp://shoprite.mywebgrocer.com/Cir...8c616c9-1db9-4d2c-9795-28beee10e0e8&uc=8EE7C1(North East Grocery Store Chain)
$5 off all versions with Price Plus Card

Midnight Launch Stores

Gamestop/Eb Games
Best Buy
Circuit City
Game Crazy
Walmart Supercenter

Check those websites for store locations

Best Value Deals IMO

Toys R Us Both editions with 20% coupon + any other stackable coupons is the best deal because of the figurine and gift card
Best Buy Both with coupons
Amazon.com Both Editions with Gift Card
7/11 Regular Edition
Radio Shack Regular Edition
Gamestop Eb Games Only if you have games to trade in and use 40% coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add insult to injury I just picked up the PS3 Collector's Edition for 60.XX

I used the 25 percent off coupon after the i dunno game at the register and I also got the $10 of $75 because I picked up a charge kit for my 360.

additionally I used my $15 in reward certificates and got everything for 79.05

basically this is a major YMMV but if you pick the right person at the register and luck up you can use both coupons with something else added to your receipt.

I managed to get the PS3 collectors edition for ~67 at Best Buy in Marlboro, MA. I used the 25% strategy guide coupon and played dumb, the cashier then told me to bring to customer service. At customer service they just overrode it with the 25% off no questions asked.

What size are you guys printing the best buy 25% off coupons at??? or can you post a pdf or img of what you used??? I want to try this later tonight.

[quote name='talon0835']They'll e-mail it to you in 1-2 weeks. I had to wait for a gift card code with my Super Smash Bros. Brawl order as well.[/quote]

Yea, the fine print said August 31st for the Gift Card.

[quote name='intoxicated662']That is misleading and not right. as I myself among others will think it's the psp limited edition madden 09 that just came out. you could argue this if you'd like and my friend @ bb said he'd honor it but I already have a psp so it's at the discretion of your local bb and management. It has this "game guide" on the link you put up, but it doesn't clearly state that on the coupon. so try it out and good luck.[/quote]

Hey, I agree with you, it doesn't state exactly what is 25% off on the coupon, but you can put 2+2 together to surmise it is the LE guide. Now will the average person working the BB checkout figure that out? Probably not, hence YMMV on getting the coupon to work with other items. It appears that others have posted that they got it to work so I say go for it. Try the PSP bundle too. What is the worst thing they can do, tell you no? Then take your business elsewhere, or maybe ask to speak to the manager. They have the power to do alot of things, so it never hurts to ask. If the manager wants to sell the game and make the customer happy they will honor it. If they could care less if you drive down the road and buy it at Wal Mart then they'll probably shut you down.

[quote name='doubledown']Horrible GameStep coupon book....maybeI can EBAY it for a few dollars. The only thing I remotely have interest in is NHL 09.[/quote]

Yea, I'm glad I stopped in yesterday to check that out. Kinda figured it would be underwhelming but not this bad. Sealed the deal for me that I'll hold onto my GS credit and try to score it at another location with a better deal.

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']Where is the 20% Off thing for Toys R Us?[/quote]
[quote name='help1']Where do you get 20 percent off at TRU?[/quote]
I'm wondering about this as well. Want to see if I can grab the game after work today.

::edit::
nm, found it -

[quote name='thenockmlb']It's also worth noting that the TRU 20% off coupon is valid Aug. 15-21. Plus, there is another 20% off coupon in the same book that is valid Aug. 22-28. I went to the R'Zone and asked the cashier for the books, I got two of them.[/quote]

[quote name='Monroeski']I'm wondering about this as well. Want to see if I can grab the game after work today.[/quote]

There is a 20% off coupon for TrU. You can find it in the past few pages of the thread under spoiler tags. The coupon doesn't start until August 15th.

Well the TRU deal was the best IMO. Just picked up the regular edition with the Favre figure and $10 gift card. I asked if they got the CE in as well and the lady said that they got the display cases for the CE, but not CE's in the box. Kinda weird but whatever because I'm happy with my free figure, gift card, and the fact that I didn't give my money to GS :) It's a good day all around.

To those who got the CE, is it worth it? I mean for like Head Coach, the box, and Madden 94.

Did anyone ever post where that BB coupon was from? The fact it says "no copies" plus won't scan right for the PSP bundle (I assume) means there'd be no chance to argue the point at my BB... if I could get an original I'd definitely go to try it... I didn't know there was any other "item" that was considered a "limited edition *bundle*" except the PSP, before reading this.

Amazingly poorly worded coupon...

[quote name='Pck21']Well the TRU deal was the best IMO. Just picked up the regular edition with the Favre figure and $10 gift card. I asked if they got the CE in as well and the lady said that they got the display cases for the CE, but not CE's in the box. Kinda weird but whatever because I'm happy with my free figure, gift card, and the fact that I didn't give my money to GS :) It's a good day all around.

To those who got the CE, is it worth it? I mean for like Head Coach, the box, and Madden 94.[/quote]
I've read lots of impressions of Head Coach, saying its well worth it since Madden's Franchise can be displeasing and it's a very BIG improvement to the last Head Coach. The only knocks I've read is that the actual football gameplay (not the Sim gameplay, but, I guess you can call it the visual gameplay?) isn't that great and can be a snore since there's no commentary and you might hear repeated lines from your coordinators. They're also using the Madden 08 engine, if you're really high on graphics. Basically, if you're a SIM type of guy, you'd want this. It's the Franchise mode Madden doesn't have.

And that is why I'm still debating to get the CE or just Madden itself.. hmm.

[quote name='shinryuu']I've read lots of impressions of Head Coach, saying its well worth it since Madden's Franchise can be displeasing and it's a very BIG improvement to the last Head Coach. The only knocks I've read is that the actual football gameplay (not the Sim gameplay, but, I guess you can call it the visual gameplay?) isn't that great and can be a snore since there's no commentary and you might hear repeated lines from your coordinators. They're also using the Madden 08 engine, if you're really high on graphics. Basically, if you're a SIM type of guy, you'd want this. It's the Franchise mode Madden doesn't have.

And that is why I'm still debating to get the CE or just Madden itself.. hmm.[/quote]

Thank you for the insight! I'm kind of a sim guy, but not that much. I mean it's a fun aspect of the game, but I would rather have it in the game itself and not as an extra component. That's just me. It's not make or break for me then but I did want Madden 94 because I used to play that with my mom a long, long time ago on the Genesis and it was loads of fun. Maybe I'll buy a used copy of Head Coach when it's available and check it out then. Thanks again!

[quote name='talon0835']They'll e-mail it to you in 1-2 weeks. I had to wait for a gift card code with my Super Smash Bros. Brawl order as well.[/quote]

cool, thanks. i'm impressed with the same day amazon stuff. free shipping so it's in your hands on release date, and no tax to boot...

but honestly here, im on the fence about this game and not to sure ... i hear mixed things but i do casually like to play madden .. especially with friends.. ... im sure i wil lget the collectors for head coach due to me being an achievement whore so does anyone have any input if this game is the madden thats going to wow me

[quote name='svt1029']but honestly here, im on the fence about this game and not to sure ... i hear mixed things but i do casually like to play madden .. especially with friends.. ... im sure i wil lget the collectors for head coach due to me being an achievement whore so does anyone have any input if this game is the madden thats going to wow me[/quote]

It's really personal preference so it's hard to swing you one or the other. The best thing I can say is to play the demo. It's not a great demo, and doesn't really give the full Madden 09 experience, but it's a taste of what the game is.

Personally, I love Madden and sports games in general. Madden 09 is a step up from 08 in that the game play is more realistic. You can't snap the ball, turn and run to the side lines, and then all of sudden make a huge bomb throw on the run. Now everything has kind of changed and there's no more "cheesing" as the kids say. I haven't played my copy of 09 yet because I'm at work but I played the demo at least 50 or 60 times to get a feel for what the game is about. I worked that demo out harder than a fat kid jogging for an ice cream in the summer heat...seriously. Anyways, try out the demo online and get a feel for what the game is. If you don't like demo, then you may not like the game. At that point I suggest just getting a copy, used or new, of Madden 07 or Madden 08. I loved both of those games.

[quote name='svt1029']but honestly here, im on the fence about this game and not to sure ... i hear mixed things but i do casually like to play madden .. especially with friends.. ... im sure i wil lget the collectors for head coach due to me being an achievement whore so does anyone have any input if this game is the madden thats going to wow me[/quote]

If you liked the Madden games in the past and enjoy playing with friends then you will like this one. I don't think the yearly releases of any of these EA sports games will "wow" anyone at this point since none of them do much substantially different than what they did the year before. They add on "85 new features" like they are claiming with Madden this year, but in the end its not much different than any of the recent games. All the EA sports games just fall into this same spiral, with limited competition they have no reason to re-vamp or overhaul anything so its a bad cliche to say its just a "roster update" every year, but in a way it is. The only huge leap I have seen in an EA sports game recently was the different between NHL 07 and 08 and it is probably because the 2K game had been better for years and EA finally stepped up. Unfortunately there is no competition for madden in the foreseeable future so we are stuck here.

Again, if you liked Madden in the past the you will enjoy the game, but don't expect to find that much new or different.

PS, the achievements are easy on both games so that is one positive if you are an achievement whore.

i really like the demo but one thing i noticed was it was rediculously hard to get a play off with the giants against the patriots ... can anyone confirm that the demo was just harder then useual or what

The demo wasn't that difficult. Either way, you can adjust the difficulty to your liking or even that mode that adjusts to how you play (though I heard it doesn't work that well, because everyone, even 5-year olds, ace that rushing offense drill which leads you to face an All-Madden rushing defense).

I was wussy to try the 25% off thing, so I just used the $10 off $75 coupon. Had $67 in gift cards, so I ended up paying 19 altogether for the CE. =]

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']The 25% off coupon for Best Buy, is this coupon being found in store, or are people just printing it off the scan from the OP?[/quote]
Yes, this coupon is in the coupon book which is found in store at the front desk.

not really a deal

but wal-mart (YMMV) is offering a free "bret in jet" cover insert (just the front not the entire case) if you ask for it..

also i reserved from GS, bought it this morning, got the freebies but had to return it (you know $$$). the cashier told me to keep the freebies (the coupon book and fuck ).

also am i the only one who finds it funny you can get 20% trade in for a game that doesnt exsit (head coach)

[quote name='bigdaddykyler']not really a deal

but wal-mart (YMMV) is offering a free "bret in jet" cover insert (just the front not the entire case) if you ask for it..

also i reserved from GS, bought it this morning, got the freebies but had to return it (you know $$$). the cashier told me to keep the freebies.

also am i the only one who finds it funny you can get 20% trade in for a game that doesnt exsit (head coach)[/quote]

No, it exists- http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69566

The stand alone game comes out next month, or you can get it with the CE.

idk couldve sworn i read somewhere it was canceled (maybe kotaku?)

nevermind...they removed the post

ha ha

I forgot ea loves $$$.

Looking at the Unboxing videos of Collector's Editon, I wasn't impressed. So I have decided to PASS and wait altogether on Madden 09 until it lowers to at least 50% off.

I did however goto Toys R Us to get the PSP version plus $10 gift card (Which I used up immediately) and Bret Farve figure!!

Waiting til CE goes down to $50 or under, and I will get it.

Man, I also have one of the most pretty cashier rang me up, this girl is very pretty! :D

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Here is what the GS coupon book has:

.50 off Snickers Bar (not a joke)
$10 off MadCatz NFL Branded Controller
$5 off Madden Reg Ed. Strategy Guide
$10 off Madden LE Bundle Strategy Guide
$5 off NFL HC Strategy Guide
$5 off PSP 2000 Headphones w/Remote
20% xtra trade in Credit towards NHL 09
20% xtra trade in Credit towards Tiger Woods 09
20% xtra trade in Credit towards FIFA 09
20% xtra trade in Credit towards NBA 09
20% xtra trade in Credit towards NFL HC 09
Reserve Tiger Woods 09 for 360 and get $5 towards your purchase
15% off your next NFL Shop Purchase
$10 back when you buy NFL DVDs or S1 of Chuck
$5 back when you buy some crappy DVDs
Free EA Sports Visor with $5 reservation of Tiger Woods 09 for 360[/quote]

Thanks for posting it!

I can be interested in Snicker bar, $10 off Madcatz controller (But don't think Local store sell the team I am interested in though), 15% off NFLshop, but overall I rather not shop much at the RIP Off Gamestop anyway.

Just to report back, I used the 25% off coupon on the CE of Madden today and it worked like a charm. It wouldn't scan through so they had the assistant manager come by and he read the print out and said, "yea that is the right game" and some jerk cashier in the next aisle is like "no I think there is a limited edition of the game too" and he runs back to find it. Meanwhile the asst. Mgr is commenting on how he is looking forward to Too Human too (I preordered that and Fallout so I could use the $10 off $75 coupon too and had the preorder box there). After a couple minutes the cashier comes back and says that the CE is the LE and I was on my way. So after all was said and done, picked up the CE for around $60.

Great deal, thanks for posting that scan!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Just to report back, I used the 25% off coupon on the CE of Madden today and it worked like a charm. It wouldn't scan through so they had the assistant manager come by and he read the print out and said, "yea that is the right game" and some jerk cashier in the next aisle is like "no I think there is a limited edition of the game too" and he runs back to find it. Meanwhile the asst. Mgr is commenting on how he is looking forward to Too Human too (I preordered that and Fallout so I could use the $10 off $75 coupon too and had the preorder box there). After a couple minutes the cashier comes back and says that the CE is the LE and I was on my way. So after all was said and done, picked up the CE for around $60.

Great deal, thanks for posting that scan![/quote]

Lucky for you. My cashier was a undercover FBI agent as she carefully read the coupon and said "I don't think so, lets go back and look for the Limited edition." She found the lame guide the coupon was meant for, so i picked what was left of my dignity and got the hell out of dodge.

Yeah I got told NO on the 25% off coupon at my local BestBuy. Manager offered to sell it to me for his cost, $79.99..... That was a no go for me. Man I wish this would have worked I was really looking forward to it! Off to find another deal. It looks like the Toys r Us deal with the buy one get one half off is the best deal if you can wait a few days and have a buddy that also wants the game. It works out to $67.50 each plus tax for 2 copies of the "Collectors".

Yea, I knew it was big time YMMV and I almost didn't even bother trying it out since the coupon printed out as a full page and looked very shady but I decided to stop on the way home from work to give it a go. The best part about it is on the receipt that printed the coupon scanned as "25% off Strategy Guide" :rofl:

The TrU deals are good so I would just wait around for that. I think that is how I picked up last years version since I was a little bit late to the CAG party.

After playing the game though I have come to the conclusion that I'm not buying this game each year unless I find a way to get a nice discount.

i picked it up at tru yesterday...

probably the best deal around since you get a gc and the favre figure...

I reached behind the counter and grabbed about 10 of those 20% off coupon books. The 20% off doesn't start until the 15th, though.

For those of you who haven't picked up Madden yet, you may want to hold off till next week when TRU has their buy one 360 game get one 50% off sale.

[quote name='Organ Donor']For those of you who haven't picked up Madden yet, you may want to hold off till next week when TRU has their buy one 360 game get one 50% off sale.[/quote]

Or you might want to hold off... a while. Got it yesterday. If you're interested in playing against the AI, you're screwed. The AI is absolutely terrible in this version, to the point of being unplayable. AI QBs have magic arms and seem to connect 95% of the time, AI receivers run out of bounds if they are within 5 yards of the sideline, regardless of time on the clock or presence of defensive players. The game is pretty, but the gameplay is godawful. This is easily the worst Madden version in my memory.

From what I have been hearing it loosk like TRU doesnt carry the Collectors Edition, is this true?

Also went to TRU and couldn't find this coupon book. Just found a back to school one with copons for related crap.

So I returned the CE to Gamestop today. The moron there was like "Uhhh next time you probably won't get all of your credit back since I saw you used the 40% coupon towards the reservation. But I'll give it to you this one time." I'm like yeah, that coupon never said I had to keep the damn game if I decided I didn't want it after picking it up. You got your damn reservation, I returned the actual game two days after I bought it. If you want to take that 40% back, then I want to take my games I traded in with that back as well.

Apparently the TRU in my area has a different time period for their weekly ad. They must have just recently changed, the ad runs Friday-Thursday now. So, the $10 gift card and figure promotion was over when I went in today, but I still bought it with the 20% off. I might return it if something better is in the ad for next week.

I posted this in the ad thread for this week but figured I'd post it here too.

If your store has the promotion still going on, the 20% coupon works getting the figure and giftcard. That also requires your store to have the figures still in stock(Mine ran out on Tuesday except for employees who were holding it).

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Can anyone re-post the TRU coupon? It says image is un-available from Toaster's post from page 6.[/quote]

Because I deleted it. Mwahaha. I can't find it on my computer either, and I can't find the original. Bummer.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']TRU doesn't carry CE.[/quote]

Some don't, but others had a placeholder case for the game.

Still, I'm afraid you'll be right in the end.

bread's done
Back