Madden 09 Pre-order w/$10 Gift Card at Amazon, TRU 20% off, Best Buy $10 off and more

dipset121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
[img-l=1]1580[/img-l][preview]Amazon is offering up a free $10 gift card with all pre-orders of Madden 09. Amazon Prime members get free release date delivery while everyone else has to pony up $5.98.

You can sign up for a free 1 month trial of Amazon Prime.

Hit the link below for all the retailers Madden 09 deals and promotions.[/preview]

WALMART

- Free T-shirt (during midnight release)
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99 W/ 10 DOLLAR GIFT CAR ONLINE ONLY
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99 W/ 10 DOLLAR GIFT CAR ONLINE ONLY

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...c=48_0&ref=+500501.4294013645&tab_value=9_All

************************************************************************************************

TARGET

- 10 Free Madden soundtrack downloads*
Try $5 off $50 Target coupon

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99

http://www.target.com/Pre-order-Madden-09-Video-Games/b/601-4100125-3700943?ie=UTF8&node=367912011

RADIOSHACK

Try $10 off $40 Entertainment Book Coupon also can be found on Ebay

29b1_1.JPG

or you can try the pdf file (Mods I will post if allowed, Please inform)

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...09552&cp=&origkw=acc&kw=acc&parentPage=search

CIRCUIT CITY

Comes with a free Mini Football
$5 dollar Gift Card (Online)
$15 off $100 Coupon can be found online (I will post pdf if allowed mods please respond)

02e9_1.JPG

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99+filler dvd/etc=100.00-15.00 off 100.00 coupon=$85.00

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=216745&c=1

GAMESTOP/EB GAMES

Pre-order Madden NFL 09 and get an exclusive coupon "playbook" worth over $50. Quantities are limited. While supplies last.
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/madden09/default.aspx

40% trade in coupon

ebc3006160mf2.jpg

**************************************************************************************************
7/11

PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99-10.00 OFF in store COUPON=49.99

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/madden09/7eleven/

FYE
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

Kmart
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99

Sears
PS3 & XBOX 360 $59.99-5 off 30 coupon=$54.99

5_on_your_next_purchase.png

Best Buy

e5jtk5.jpg

Pre-Order and Receive a Online strategy guide
PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99 Regular-10% coupon=53.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 89.99 Special Edition - $10.00 off $75.00 in games coupon =79.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 89.99 Special Edition - 25% off coupon=$67.49

How do I insert pdf file for 10% off coupon???

$10 off 75 coupon

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/P/v3/H...PN_50568&e=11026;928637;714881278;1;02&a=1007

Frys
PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99
Toys R Us

- Free McFarlane Brett Favre
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...d=ToysRus-080803&promotioncode=ToysRus-080803
-10 dollar gift card (confirmed)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193190

PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99=w/20% off coupon= $47.99
PS3 & XBOX 360 Special Edition $89.99= $71.99
Amazon.com

Free 10 dollar gift card if you preorder
PS3 & XBOX 360 59.99

http://www.amazon.com/EA-Madden-NFL-09/dp/B0012N5MUC

Shop Ritehttp://shoprite.mywebgrocer.com/Cir...8c616c9-1db9-4d2c-9795-28beee10e0e8&uc=8EE7C1(North East Grocery Store Chain)
$5 off all versions with Price Plus Card

Midnight Launch Stores

Gamestop/Eb Games
Best Buy
Circuit City
Game Crazy
Walmart Supercenter

Check those websites for store locations

Best Value Deals IMO

Toys R Us Both editions with 20% coupon + any other stackable coupons is the best deal because of the figurine and gift card
Best Buy Both with coupons
Amazon.com Both Editions with Gift Card
7/11 Regular Edition
Radio Shack Regular Edition
Gamestop Eb Games Only if you have games to trade in and use 40% coupon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I think I'm going to cancel my Amazon order, head to TRU before work today, preorder Madden, find the coupon book, and voila. Madden + Favre figurine + $10 GC for $52.18.

If I put $5 down on the game now, will the 20% be taken from $60 or $55 at the time of purchase?[/quote]

I think using that 20% off coupon and getting the $10 coupon book is YMMV. It says right on the coupon that it can not be combined with any other deal.

[quote name='jhferry']I think using that 20% off coupon and getting the $10 coupon book is YMMV. It says right on the coupon that it can not be combined with any other deal.[/quote]

So it depends on the cashier? Hmm. I might just go back to Amazon. The Favre figure isn't too important to me, and they have the GC too, with no tax. Is it too late to get release date delivery?

I really dont know for sure, I dont imagine any of us will know until we try it which I will on Tuesday.

[quote name='jhferry']I really dont know for sure, I dont imagine any of us will know until we try it which I will on Tuesday.[/quote]

I agree

well I just called 4 different toys r us in my area and they all said there not getting the collector edition so I guess the best deals for madden 09 collectors edition gotta be Besy Buy with the 10 off in games coupon.....thats about it.

If TRU doesn't get the collector's edition, I believe the best deal would be Amazon with the $10GC with free release date delivery for those who have Prime.

Hi all, new here, but I found this deal through a friend. Sports Authority is having a friends and family sale with 25% off one item coupon August 14-17. They are acctually selling Madden online. Use Coupon Code: TSAFFAUG (case-sensitive) @ http://www.sportsauthority.com

I personally am going to use one of the deals listed above on realease day and return it once I receive my copy from Sports Authority.

Regular 59.99 - 25% = $45 + S&H
CE 89.99 - 25% = $67.50 + S&H

Obviously since the sale isn't going on now it is not verified, but I was assured that the code would work by someone that works there.

Here is the fine print for anyone that is interested:
**No cash value. No cash back. No rain checks. Coupon not valid on prior purchases, online purchases, gift cards, licenses or event tickets. Offer good on in-stock merchandise only. Must present coupon at time of purchase to redeem. Cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon or Employee or Friends & Family discount. Coupon may not be reproduced. One coupon per customer, per purchase. Excludes Nike Shox & UGG footwear; Under Armour products; The North Face & Mountain Hardwear; Burton apparel; Titanium by Columbia apparel; Nike Dri-Fit and Pro Apparel; Rossignol, Salomon, Atomic, K2, Fischer and Volkl skis; Rossignol, Salomon, Nordica, Tecnica and Fischer ski boots; Rossignol, Salomon, Atomic, Marker, Flux and Tech Nine ski bindings; Burton, Ride, K2, Salomon & Forum snowboards, bindings & boots; Rossignol & Tech Nine snowboards; Vans snowboard boots; Oakley & Smith goggles; Seirus accessories; Bowflex products; Titleist, FootJoy, TaylorMade, Callaway, Cleveland & Nike golf products; Louisville Slugger Exogrid and Catalyst bats; M9 Adult Maple Wood bats; Pro Flare ball gloves; all Easton Stealth Composite, Stealth CNT and Synergy CNT bats; Shimano & Penn fishing equipment; Wilson Ncode\Kfactor Tennis Frames, Head Flexpoint & Prince O3 tennis rackets; Fitness Quest Bio Force Home Gyms; “As Seen On TV” products, All firearms & ammunition; and Championship Apparel. ONLINE COUPON CODE “TSAFFAUG”. Additional online exclusions may apply. Search keyword “coupon” for details.

I'm n just gonna stick with
My gamestop preorder. I am trading in my copy of NCAA towards the purchase of the game.

[quote name='The Tick77']Hi all, new here, but I found this deal through a friend. Sports Authority is having a friends and family sale with 25% off one item coupon August 14-17. They are acctually selling Madden online. Use Coupon Code: TSAFFAUG (case-sensitive) @ http://www.sportsauthority.com

I personally am going to use one of the deals listed above on realease day and return it once I receive my copy from Sports Authority.

Regular 59.99 - 25% = $45 + S&H
CE 89.99 - 25% = $67.50 + S&H

Obviously since the sale isn't going on now it is not verified, but I was assured that the code would work by someone that works there.

Here is the fine print for anyone that is interested:
**No cash value. No cash back. No rain checks. Coupon not valid on prior purchases, online purchases, gift cards, licenses or event tickets. Offer good on in-stock merchandise only. Must present coupon at time of purchase to redeem. Cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon or Employee or Friends & Family discount. Coupon may not be reproduced. One coupon per customer, per purchase. Excludes Nike Shox & UGG footwear; Under Armour products; The North Face & Mountain Hardwear; Burton apparel; Titanium by Columbia apparel; Nike Dri-Fit and Pro Apparel; Rossignol, Salomon, Atomic, K2, Fischer and Volkl skis; Rossignol, Salomon, Nordica, Tecnica and Fischer ski boots; Rossignol, Salomon, Atomic, Marker, Flux and Tech Nine ski bindings; Burton, Ride, K2, Salomon & Forum snowboards, bindings & boots; Rossignol & Tech Nine snowboards; Vans snowboard boots; Oakley & Smith goggles; Seirus accessories; Bowflex products; Titleist, FootJoy, TaylorMade, Callaway, Cleveland & Nike golf products; Louisville Slugger Exogrid and Catalyst bats; M9 Adult Maple Wood bats; Pro Flare ball gloves; all Easton Stealth Composite, Stealth CNT and Synergy CNT bats; Shimano & Penn fishing equipment; Wilson Ncode\Kfactor Tennis Frames, Head Flexpoint & Prince O3 tennis rackets; Fitness Quest Bio Force Home Gyms; “As Seen On TV” products, All firearms & ammunition; and Championship Apparel. ONLINE COUPON CODE “TSAFFAUG”. Additional online exclusions may apply. Search keyword “coupon” for details.[/quote]

If that actually works tick I think I'm in for the same deal. I am still stuck between best buys deal or amazons its really a 5 dollar difference with a 10 dollar gift card. I am still in the middle of what I'm going to do.

I am getting this when I try to apply the code on Sports Authority.

We are having trouble recognizing the code you have entered. Reasons for failure may include:You have not entered each character correctly (codes are case sensitive).
Gift certificate codes may only be entered on the payment page.
The special discount does not apply to items in your order.

Please try to enter your code again, or, if you are using a gift certificate, please proceed to checkout.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']sucks that sports authority doesnt have ps3 version...[/quote]
Ugh good eye. I dunno where to get madden now. TRU maybe? I need a scan of that coupon.

I canceled my Amazon order for the fourth time. I finally decided I'm going with TRU. FedEx/UPS always gets to my house at 7PM, and I don't feel like waiting. I guess I'll stop by today to preorder and pick up the coupon book.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']sucks that sports authority doesnt have ps3 version...[/quote]

Sorry have a 360 and didn't notice that, otherwise would have stated it in my post.

I was at Best Buy and saw a Madden Coupon Book. There's a 25% off Guide and Game specifically for Madden NFL '09 Game and Guide including the Collector's Edition. Pay $60 out to door, or $59.99 to be exact, which is same price as the regular edition.

e5jtk5.jpg

nice one incredipinoy! i didn't see any of these coupon books at my best buy. i'll try to print these out and see if i can get the collector's edition. hopefully the cashier accepts the coupon!

wait quick question. how did it come out to $60? isn't 25% off of $90 = $67.50 out the door?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I was at Best Buy and saw a Madden Coupon Book. There's a 25% off Guide and Game specifically for Madden NFL '09 Game and Guide including the Collector's Edition. Pay $60 out to door, or $59.99 to be exact, which is same price as the regular edition.

e5jtk5.jpg
[/QUOTE]

where did you find the coupon book instore?

thanks!

[quote name='SuperJedi']Madden 09 CE worth $90???[/quote]

It comes with Madden 09 and Head Coach 09, which will be sold for $50 on its own.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']It comes with Madden 09 and Head Coach 09, which will be sold for $50 on its own.[/QUOTE]

and it's still not worth it

It's also worth noting that the TRU 20% off coupon is valid Aug. 15-21. Plus, there is another 20% off coupon in the same book that is valid Aug. 22-28. I went to the R'Zone and asked the cashier for the books, I got two of them.

[quote name='thenockmlb']It's also worth noting that the TRU 20% off coupon is valid Aug. 15-21. Plus, there is another 20% off coupon in the same book that is valid Aug. 22-28. I went to the R'Zone and asked the cashier for the books, I got two of them.[/quote]
Yeah, I just grabbed them from behind one of the registers, since when I bought my pre-order they didn't give me one.

and I'm just as excited for Head Coach 09 as Madden 09.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']It comes with Madden 09 and Head Coach 09, which will be sold for $50 on its own.[/quote]

$60+50 = $110...

Well, It do seems like a pretty good deal.

Plus more contents that's really good right?

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I canceled my Amazon order for the fourth time. I finally decided I'm going with TRU. FedEx/UPS always gets to my house at 7PM, and I don't feel like waiting. I guess I'll stop by today to preorder and pick up the coupon book.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to wait anyway to use the coupon. It's not good until Friday.

I talked to a person 7 Eleven and they said you just have to buy a Snickers and you get $10 off the game. That sounds pretty good for those who don't want to wait.

[quote name='SuperJedi']$60+50 = $110...

Plus more contents that's really good right?[/quote]

It is a pretty good deal, if you want Madden and Head Coach. Unfortunately, Madden obviously has a lot of baggage, so any topic about the franchise is going to get some haters lurking.

As far as other content, I'm sure we will get the usual making-of crap and what not you usually see in other CE's. Also, according to Amazon, there is a fully-playable version of Madden 93. I had heard it was Madden 95. I don't know. Whatever. I will probably only play it a few times. They did this previously with the 05 CE, which had 3 older Madden games. I played them a few times for laughs and memories. If I really wanted to play older versions, I would rather just emulate the actual game, so that you get the old rosters and such.

Speaking of the 05 version, anyone remember that they marketed that as the 15th anniversary? I know it's all about marketing and pretty meaningless, but I do find it funny that EA decided simply to keep changing the actual beginning date of the franchise, which I do believe was '88. So, they were right this time around.

[quote name='SuperJedi']So, who is all going to get the CE?[/quote]

I'm in.

Quick question, since I think the actual 7-11 thread got buried... Does the coupon that is $10 come with the whole "buy a meal, get a Madden demo", or are they just there? Of course I plan on picking this up Tuesday, and the I am going to be out near the only 7-11 within 30 miles of me, so I should just pick it up then. Thanks for any help!

Hey CAGS, I did not see this posted anywhere so if its already common knowledge I appologize, but I just noticed something. Amazon seems to have a side deal going with "Bill Me Later" (its sort of like a credit card for those of you who have never heard of it) anyways here is the deal:

Save $10 when you spend $50 or $20 when you spend $100 on Video Games and pay with Bill Me Later®. Enter promo code BMLGAMES. Subject to credit approval. Offer limited to Video Game items sold by Amazon.com. One per customer. Enter code BMLGAMES at checkout.

Here is the link to the details: http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AH84M6E4M2BT2

I actually use bill me later quite a bit at Deep Discount and a few other places so this is a pretty good deal for me. Hope this helps someone!

Tim

My Super Saver shipping Madden CE ($50 glitch) shipped today....expected to arrive on August 14th.

Glad I didn't pay extra for shipping!

[quote name='SuperJedi']$60+50 = $110...

Plus more contents that's really good right?[/quote]

Yeah, the extra content isn't great (as was posted before) but for two games I want anyways (I'm one of the few people to really enjoy the original Head Coach, even though it wasn't all that good of a game) and the extra 20%, $10 GC and stupid Favre figurine (Bad time to get that as a Packer fan) it's a good deal. I think it'll actually be cheaper than getting each game off GameFly.

Well, I am thinking of skipping it til next year.

I hope the CE is still available by next year instead of $90, it will be only $30...

could someone edit the op to show that 25% off coupon for bb is just for the limited edition guide, not the collector's edition of the game?

Also to the person asking how they did a 15-year anniversary for Madden 05 and 20th now for 09; 05 was the 15th year of the game on consoles, while this year is the 20th anniversary of the whole series, which started on the Apple II in 1989.

[quote name='kevgret']My release date copy has not shipped yet.

Is anyone worried about not receiving their copy on release day from Amazon ?

Kevin[/quote]

Amazon is weird in so many ways. My Madden shipped on Saturday with free shipping. Hopefully they send yours today and it arrives tomorrow.

[quote name='LVDON']where can I print the TRU coupno[/quote]

The coupon says "Only original copies accepted". Also, you can't use it until Friday.

bread's done
Back