Madden '10 - Gen. Discussion & Info

I thought that was a false report. Or, his agent denied that he was going to sit out because it was his cousin that said that... either way, I'd way till the end of preseason to determine that.

FML. I can't play D in this game like I did in 09. I really miss that run/pass commit. That, and flats are messed up in this game.

Are there any in store deals for madden going on right now? I didn't pick it up at launch and for some reason am pheening for some football right now. I checked most places online and didn't really find any specials but I figured some CAG knew of one.

I didn't notice it on any of the rap songs (I disabled the rap as I don't really care for it), but I caught it in some of the rock songs. It does sound a little odd.

As for the settings changes, I'm in the middle of a Dolphins (me) vs Falcons game, and it seems a lot easier. Passing is much easier for me now, but oddly enough, it's been harder to run the ball thus far for me.

Apparently, Layne Staley sings "we're born into the sea" instead of "we're born into the grave."
I love Alice in Chains and crap like that annoys the hell out of me. Why even put the song in?
All in all I think the game is okay. Another year, another few touch ups and another Madden... Still has issues that have been there since goddamn Madden 06. Sigh.

Has anyone been screwed online? I came from a 21 point defecit, beat the guy in the last few seconds and he used a glitch to leave the game and freeze my game up. The game did not count as a win for me or a loss for him.

This really frustrates me.

Also, if anyone wants to try co-op, hit me up on xbl.

Man after watching all of versuz2 's youtube videos on making the difficulty pro with all CPU sliders set to 100% i'm really impressed by his findings. Makes for a much more realistic NFL experience. In one video he shows where the CPU actually makes Andre Johnson jog in place just so the slower AI CB can catch up! All-Pro and All-Madden are basically artificially enhanced difficulty that throws player ratings out of the window to make it competitive by any means necessary.

In case some of you haven't heard of this check out his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/versuz2

I'm having a group of friends test the settings out and see what they think.

I'm on my third regular season game of my franchise and within one minute of starting the game, it freezes. Sometimes it goes to a black screen, other times the video freezes, the commentator finishes his sentence, then it's just the picture with no sound. I played an online game with no problems. There are no scratches on my disc and I don't get read errors with other games. Also, I even tried installing the game on the hard drive. Anyone else experiencing anything similar or have suggestions on what I should try?

[quote name='JDMxB']Man after watching all of versuz2 's youtube videos on making the difficulty pro with all CPU sliders set to 100% i'm really impressed by his findings. Makes for a much more realistic NFL experience. In one video he shows where the CPU actually makes Andre Johnson jog in place just so the slower AI CB can catch up! All-Pro and All-Madden are basically artificially enhanced difficulty that throws player ratings out of the window to make it competitive by any means necessary.

In case some of you haven't heard of this check out his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/versuz2

I'm having a group of friends test the settings out and see what they think.[/QUOTE]

It works for about a game or two before you adjust and completely dominate the CPU. I thought it might work but its just too easy. I can play the Pats or Colts and pick off Brady or Manning 4-5 times a game.

I think it's a good idea, and that maybe someone can find a great slider set to meet somewhere in the middle of fun/realistic using this method.

That was my problem. I went from having trouble in the passing game to dominating in the passing game.

Also, I want Ochocinco to have kicker eligibility.

My brother and I tried these sliders the other day. It felt really fast, but it was quite enjoyable and the speed of the players felt more realistic. Could take awhile to adjust to these sliders. Might try some other ones later. I've really only played on XBL... haha.

Man, playing random people online is really starting to become annoying as hell. Its not that I cant still beat them when they spend the entire game in hurry up and running around with Pat White or Vick or throwing constant screens.

I just feel that I dont have time for that bullshit, I am not 15 so I dont have ton of extra time and I dont want to spend it facing the same 4 plays over and over.

Even going into lobbies doesnt really work because once a person gets down 2 TD the cheese starts to come out.

High DNF and quit losses here I come, I just quit and let these fools spend 20 min playing the CPU if they really want the win.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Please tell me Sam Spence's Maginificent Eleven remix is hidden somewhere in Madden 10.
God I loved that song in 09.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the song that plays during replays.

I installed this to my new HDD today, but I seem to be losing my connection to my opponents in my last three online games.

Are the servers acting up or is my HDD install desyncing something?

[quote name='Regian']I installed this to my new HDD today, but I seem to be losing my connection to my opponents in my last three online games.

Are the servers acting up or is my HDD install desyncing something?[/QUOTE]

I have my game installed to the HDD and I have lost my connection at least 3 or 4 times but I think that's due to my crappy internet and not from the install.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I have my game installed to the HDD and I have lost my connection at least 3 or 4 times but I think that's due to my crappy internet and not from the install.[/QUOTE]

So, besides the three or four disconnects, how many successful games have you played online?

I've played quite a few games online, as Pure Apathy said make sure you have a wired connection or strengthen your wireless signal by getting a repeater.

I haven't played much online, but I have a wireless connection and so far, I've had no problems. I think I hit lag for maybe 5 seconds or something the one time, but that was it. For what it's worth, my room (where my xbox and laptop are) consistently has 3 or 4 bars (out of 5).

I guess the question I was getting after is if there's a possibility that when a HDD-install player plays a disc player online, there's a chance to desync?

There's already one going on actually. Whether or not he's accepting any more people though, you'd have to ask him. If not though, I wouldn't mind joining a 2nd league. Hopefully I'd get off to a little bit of a better start. ;)

[quote name='JStryke']There's already one going on actually. Whether or not he's accepting any more people though, you'd have to ask him. If not though, I wouldn't mind joining a 2nd league. Hopefully I'd get off to a little bit of a better start. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah it is full :(

Anyone have any good sliders? I pretty much destroy the computer on All Pro. On All Madden I win but there is a lot of BS with broken tackles and what not. Just looking for the most realistic/fun sliders I can get. Any suggestions?

I've got a question. Does anyone know if a player's trade stock goes up if he has a really good game?

I'm in my 3rd year of franchise as the lions and I want to get rid of calvin johnson, as I am only getting around 80 receptions a year from him

Hey everyone,
Looking for teams for a new Online Franchise League for Madden 2010 on
XBOX 360.
Search: Gridiron Gods 2010 under Join Franchise online!
Fantasy Draft
5 Minute Quarters
Trades - No Computer
Injuries
All-Pro
All teams are open except for Da Bears!
We will draft as soon as tonight if we fill up! Come join this very active and fun league!
THE COMMISH!

Quick question for those of you doing franchises. I just started one and am curious how to set the CPU's Games with the same quarter length as mine? Someone told me you could do this, I'm just not seeing the option.

Thanks in advance.

I picked this up at launch and played several games online but haven't started my franchise yet.... Just popped it in and started playing some offline and EVERY freaking time you lineup a damn Ford ad is on the screen and there is no option to turn it off.... Txt something to try to win points and a big ass annoying Ford emblem. fuck YOU EA now you gotta ruin everything...

I've found the ads to be few and far between, but I might just be having good luck. I mentioned in another thread, but I once had a "5 gum" ad on my screen for every play or at the very least, most of them. But at the same time, it's only happened to me once thus far.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Anyone have any good tips on passing? I'm really stinking it up lately!!!

FYI- I started another CAG Fantasy Football League. check it out!!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235502[/QUOTE]

I prefer the short passing game and I like mixing crossing routes and hook routes, witht eh occasional post route thrown in.

Depending on the team you use, don't forget to check down to your tight end. Most times the tight end will be covered by a linebacker that won't jump the route, and if you run a hook route you can get 5 or 6 yards easily. If you are being blitzed a lot, use a shotgun formation that has at least one of your backs out in the flats. Most of the time they will be open for a decent gain, but you have to be quick to throw. You have to be sure the defender doesn't jump the route though, because if they do while the back is in the flat, there won't be anyone there to tackle them if you throw a pick.

[quote name='$hady']I picked this up at launch and played several games online but haven't started my franchise yet.... Just popped it in and started playing some offline and EVERY freaking time you lineup a damn Ford ad is on the screen and there is no option to turn it off.... Txt something to try to win points and a big ass annoying Ford emblem. fuck YOU EA now you gotta ruin everything...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are almost as bad as Gaming Lagoon and Blingo ads, they ruin CAG! :lol:

I don't recall the ads either (and I normally play 'offline' FWIW). But, tonight I've got BFGoodrich every 1st, 2nd and 3rd down, and inbetween the 1st and 2nd Quater I saw an ad for McDonalds saying I could win 1600 points, but it didn't give any details.

Is $60 not enough for this game that we have to deal with constant in-game ads? I definitely don't recall this before tonight.

Ads in a sports game isn't that bad. It adds to realism. Now, if you had ads in Modern Warfare 2 from Smith and Wesson, I'd have a problem with that.

The only problem I have is that the Snickers ads are lame. Chews Wisely? Ugh.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6233017.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;3

In an August Electronic Arts earnings call, EA Sports president Peter Moore revealed that the company was working on a downloadable pick-up-and-play version of its Madden NFL series, something along the lines of this year's 3-on-3 NHL Arcade. Today the publisher provided additional details on the project, saying it would arrive in December on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 online stores, priced at $15 (1,200 Microsoft points).

Developed by EA Tiburon, Madden NFL Arcade will include some enhancements over its rink-bound predecessor. Where NHL Arcade included 40 of the league's best hockey players, it included zero actual licensed teams, forcing players to form makeshift three-man squads with generic red-and-blue jerseys. Madden NFL Arcade will feature all 32 teams in the league along with their stadiums and just enough stars from either side of the ball to allow for 5-on-5 gameplay.

Other nods to the game's arcade emphasis include "Game Changer" power-ups, a lack of penalties and field goals, and a shortened 60-yard field that players must traverse in a single set of four downs. And with no clock, the first team to score a preset number of points wins the game. Madden NFL Arcade will also support four-player local cooperative play, as well as online head-to-head games.

That sounds like a lot of fun. It will be great for when my buddies and I don't have time to play a full game, but still want to play some football. I just hope it plays close to the same as the normal Madden games.

bread's done
Back