Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='mikejonesgr']mikejonesgr/mikesjonesgr

count me in for the raiders.[/QUOTE]

A Raiders fan in the heart of Lions country? You have no one to root for either way. My condolences.

Not a raiders fan but one of the few teams left on the board. I cheer for the lions only because I am a glutton for punishment.

CAG: FrankySox
XBL: Frankysox
Team: Oakland Raiders

Played about 5 games last year but had to drop out, hopefully that doesn't cause me to not get a spot as I'm pretty sure I let you know. Anyways I'm way more excited for an actual franchise than the POS we got last year.

Alright I vote right now to turn off that stupid ass Fight for the fumble mini game. There is no room for a mini game in a NFL sim.

FrankySox - The Raiders have been picked already, the following teams are available.

2 teams left:
Seattle Seahawks
Kansas City Chiefs

[quote name='seen']FrankySox - The Raiders have been picked already, the following teams are available.

2 teams left:
Seattle Seahawks
Kansas City Chiefs[/QUOTE]

Oops I'll take Seahawks then? I was just going off the list in the OP of available teams.

[quote name='Matt Young']Regardless, good to see you want to be in the league, Franky.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wasn't sure if I'd have this right away but I decided to get it since my friend is moving and we'll be able to play an online franchise unlike last year.

There's a waiting list?
I thought I was running things here...
But if you want to join the league when somebody drops out, just follow this thread.
LEAGUE IS FULL (FOR NOW) SO I'M UPDATING THE OP NOW :D

Let's be honest, there is going to be dropouts. If you're the first few people on the waiting list you're probably getting in.

Am I the Seahawks or the Raiders? I thought the Raiders were taken but you have me listed as their owner in the OP. Mistake possibly?

Error fixed.
Rules will be discussed soonish.
I think trades should be allowed, since they'll all be handled nicely in the online franchise.
I'll put up a poll.

EDIT: I don't know how :)

I'm all for trades as long as there is a way for the league to veto it if it is lopsided, etc. although its not like trades ever happen mid-season so one could argue the former as well.

would everyone be against a fantasy draft? It would even out the league tremendously, in my opinion. Only problem would be getting 32 GMs to make it to a draft although I read that the commish can pause the draft and resume it whenever and people can pre-rank their players like in fantasy football.

Sorry, guys, but I have to back out. Just found out I was moving away much sooner than I thought and won't have the money to pick this up. So the Detroit Lions are still available. Good luck everyone!

I personally don't like the idea of a fantasy draft because if someone drops it can be hard to find someone who'd want to takeover a randomly thrown together team. I agree that team ratings maybe different per team but a good madden player should be able to win with whichever team.

Also if someone drops from the league before the game is released I would think that people already on the list should get first chance to control a different team if they desire (preference would be in order of sign-up if multiple people were interested).

Team now available:
Detroit Lions

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote no draft also, do you know how long it takes to do a full draft? There is no way in hell that would ever get done.

I also vote for allowing trades as long as the commish makes sure someone isnt tanking it on purpose by trading 90+ guys for chumps. Maybe something about players traded need to be within a certain rating of each other would help even that out.

No draft, yes trades...

man i played the demo a little last night and I think I'm going to get crushed in this league...should be fun though.

Yes for trades, as long as they require some sort of commissioner approval before they go through. Just need to make sure that people that are tanking don't fire sell their team.

As far as draft...you think you can organize 32 people for a live draft? LOLOLOL

If people drop halfway through the season and get replaced, how will that work with trades. For instance, I'm the Colts and trade.. Manning for Brady and then a few games later I quit. Someone else takes the colts and now Manning is the qb of the colts again and Manning is also the QB of the Pats too? This is my first NFL league so excuse me if this is a non issue.

[quote name='homeland']If people drop halfway through the season and get replaced, how will that work with trades. For instance, I'm the Colts and trade.. Manning for Brady and then a few games later I quit. Someone else takes the colts and now Manning is the qb of the colts again and Manning is also the QB of the Pats too? This is my first NFL league so excuse me if this is a non issue.[/QUOTE]

The team won't reset it's roster if someone else picks it up. If someone else took over the Colts after getting Brady, they would have Brady. Same goes if one of the players got injured on your watch. They would be still injured.

No draft, hell yes trades.

Preordered this yesterday so I'll have this day of now. Can't wait.

Played the demo yesterday, and it looks good.

The first kick in the game I returned was for a touchdown! (on all-pro difficulty)

w00t

I am assisting the OP as he is busy and it helps having more then one admin as there are a lot (32) of users in this league.

Team now available:
Detroit Lions

[quote name='BigAT']Yes for trades, as long as they require some sort of commissioner approval before they go through. Just need to make sure that people that are tanking don't fire sell their team.

As far as draft...you think you can organize 32 people for a live draft? LOLOLOL[/QUOTE]

no, but obviously you aren't aware that you can pre-rank players and stop and start the draft at any time.

Seen is helping me out.
NO on a Fantasy Draft. It'd be neat, but I don't understand them personally.
Hopefully trades will have to be approved.
Updating OP.

bread's done
Back