Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

You'll be getting it :)
I think the free agency stuff can be dealt with when we get to it. Making it through a seasons should be tricky enough :)

We should have a check in day to make sure everyone is still checking this thread and ready to roll within a week after the game comes out. Maybe check in the day it comes out or day before and then we can make a list of who has the game.

Hey Matt Young I know you're a Packers fan..this pic is for you. haha

" Introducing the Green Bay Fudge Packers "

rexgrossman.jpg

LOL, I actually have that one saved but for opposite reasons. I think it more strongly represents Rex Grossman taking it up the ass than Green Bay fudge packing, but that's just my point of view. :)

That aside, I finally got my new hard drive from Amazon, and just in time. I was down to 34 MB of space on my 20GB drive. Now I can DL the demo!

[quote name='Azumangaman']You'll be getting it :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Hopefully someone will drop out before the game comes out. I'd never ask you to boot someone who signed up for the league the same day they joined CAG just so you could replace them with a long-time CAG who is a returning member from last year's league(hehe).

As for the FA issue, I like this idea:

.Each team in the league is forced to give up five 70+ OVR players to free agency

I have played the demo quite a bit over the last week or so, and I just came across Fight for the Fumble for the first time. As Dr. Daniel Bloom of Time Belt might say, "fuck. That."

This game needs to come out already. I wish I was one of those people who could get games early. Never once got one early...expect WaW got that like 12 hours early through a "right place right time" deal.

Someone find a mom and pop and send it to me.

Man, the only thing I still dont like is the interaction between WR and CB while in the air. The spin and tackle still looks so jarring. When two people go up for the ball its rare that one of the gets flipped by the guy who jumped with him.

Other than that, the game looks pretty damn good and I am pretty pumped to finally play a madden that seems to have gotten it together.

[quote name='Soodmeg']When two people go up for the ball its rare that one of the gets flipped by the guy who jumped with him.
[/QUOTE]

That was something I instantly noticed as well, along with the one handed falling catch. Both seemed to happen more then any other moves in the game. Hopefully it is EA's way of highlighting what they have done well and not a canned animation that will happen frequently.

Getting a lot of practice in on the demo. i am really excited for the league. I understand why you have the nazi rules but I think they are a bit too much. I especially don't like the 4th down rule. If I am playing a guy and we are both good at offense and I have 4th and 8 even around mid field I want to go for it. If I punt and you get it at the 20, I only gained 30 yards and had no chance to keep the ball. I agree with not having no huddle unless its at the end of half or game.

Just so no one forgets my xbl is mikejonesgr10 and I am the Raiders.

Anyone know if there is going to be a launch event at the Rose Bowl this year? Last year was really sick, but I bet it cost EA a fortune.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Ill take whatever team is available. I need a rematch with BiG AT. I was the NY Giants last year[/QUOTE]

We will have another team check-in soon to make sure everyone is interested/buying Madden (league is full currently).

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew, I've read it several places but can't find a link.

In order to play online franchises, you must buy the game new and use a code that is provided with every new game. So, if you buy it used, you won't have access to online franchises unless the previous owner didn't use the code.

I guess a way to fight piracy and the used market... anywhoo. Can't wait for the league to start!

[quote name='homeland']Just wanted to make sure everyone knew, I've read it several places but can't find a link.

In order to play online franchises, you must buy the game new and use a code that is provided with every new game. So, if you buy it used, you won't have access to online franchises unless the previous owner didn't use the code.

I guess a way to fight piracy and the used market... anywhoo. Can't wait for the league to start![/QUOTE]

I think you can still get online franchise access if you buy it used, but you have to "buy" the access separately as DLC. So basically toss $5 (at least) onto whatever the used price of the game is if you want to play online franchise.

Yeah, I heard about that but since I was buying it new didnt think twice about it. Man, I am trying not to get too pumped for this years madden because it usually lets you down hard but this years actually looks to be a legit football game.

You guys better watch out, the Titans O-Line is top 5 and I have the best 2 back combo in the NFL. The pain train is coming!

Have we decided anything yet or are we going to just wait until the game drops to really set rules and such?

^Its exactly as BigAT said. They are trying to cut-down on the amount of used games sold as they only profit off the new copies.

Yea Soodmeg, I've learned years ago not to pump myself up too much about EA games to avoid major let-downs. I'd like at least a few of the rules I proposed but, thought the consensus was that we were going to see if everyone plays fair week 1 and make rules accordingly since you think everyone is so "honest".

[quote name='ivanctorres']Ill take whatever team is available. I need a rematch with BiG AT. I was the NY Giants last year[/QUOTE]
You and pitfall will be there first people (priority wise) for spots once people start dropping out :)
I didn't get either of your PM's by the way, my inbox was full.

I'd like to get in on the league, if possible. Let me know if a few people drop out. I'd love to be the Panthers.

I wasn't aware that they were having an online draft/franchise feature via Web Browser, but that's awesome. Definitely makes me want to play.

Read this over at www.pastapadre.com and figure I'd post it here since we are going to have to deal with it since there is no salary cap for online franchise.

"Another area that must be addressed was free agency in the first season. The game will have some nicely rated players sitting in free agency in the shipped rosters and subsequently the release day roster update. Players such as Marvin Harrison, Edgerrin James, and Derrick Brooks will be available, although Plaxico Burress is being removed in that first roster update. Of course the highest profile free agent (with the roster update) will likely be Michael Vick given that it doesn’t appear he will sign with a team within the next week. Surely many owners would be seeking to add him to their teams so a system has to be in place to deal with this."

And this is what he came up with.
So what I decided to do for this first season of free agency is hold a “lottery”. Going in order of team ratings I assigned a number segment to each team. The Lions (being the worst rated) had the largest set of numbers while the Patriots who are rated the highest in the game had the smallest set of numbers. I then used the random number generator to come up with the full list of teams and their placement in waiver order. In cases where free agents are desired by multiple teams, the highest in the waivers will receive them but drop to the bottom. However teams are able to sign free agents if they are the only one requesting a particular player without losing their waiver position. A no-trade clause will be placed on all first season free agents so that an owner can’t just pick someone up in order to deal them off.
The results of the Pastapadre Madden 10 Online Dynasty “Free Agency Lottery” are below.
1) Saints
2) Cardinals
3) Jets
4) 49ers
5) Texans
6) Browns
7) Dolphins
8 ) Redskins
9) Lions
10) Chiefs
11) Vikings
12) Bucs
13) Bengals
14) Broncos
15) Titans
16) Raiders
17) Rams
18) Falcons
19) Bills
20) Packers
21) Eagles
22) Colts
23) Cowboys
24) Seahawks
25) Jags
26) Steelers
27) Panthers
28) Bears
29) Chargers
30) Ravens
31) Giants
32) Patriots

Late to the party, I know.

But I'm taking a full shit on the rules. Just play and have fun. I'm particularly not concerned about getting cheesed by a CAG.

[quote name='Regian']Late to the party, I know.

But I'm taking a full shit on the rules. Just play and have fun. I'm particularly not concerned about getting cheesed by a CAG.[/QUOTE]

Nuff Said

[quote name='Regian']Late to the party, I know.

But I'm taking a full shit on the rules. Just play and have fun. I'm particularly not concerned about getting cheesed by a CAG.[/QUOTE]

I dont know why but I burst out laughing after reading this.

I'm getting the game day one. Would love to join if a spot opens up! I realize the league is full but if something happens send me a PM

Gamertag: Romzilla
CAG: Sulaco22
Team: Any. I just wanna play!

lol. Laughing in a good way, I hope.

Was it the "taking a shit" line or the getting cheesed line? Combo of both?

Droppin' cheesey loads all over my face?

[quote name='cmart05']so are you guys going to vote on the free-agency draft or what?[/QUOTE]

I say no to the draft.

who said anything about a fantasy draft? so how are we going to decide the fair way for everyone to sign FAs? and it's not a draft it's basically to decide a waiver-wire order.

there has to be something in place especially with the amount of good FAs that will probably be available and the fact that theres no salary cap

[quote name='Azumangaman']I really like the idea of a lottery, I'm just not sure how such a thing could be enforced.[/QUOTE]Well you either just have the teams go by overall ratings or if you want the lottery then you got figure out a formula for it to give weaker teams a greater chance. Then really it just needs to be utilized for the first free agency session. After that it won't really be necessary since no one is going to drop good players and people will just pick up FA in case of injuries.

As for enforcement it will most likely have to be done through here. Just set aside a few days for free agency... thinking about it some more that may take forever since people will have to see what the people before them select. Damn, if they just could have had the time to implement the cap this wouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='DT778']Well you either just have the teams go by overall ratings or if you want the lottery then you got figure out a formula for it to give weaker teams a greater chance. Then really it just needs to be utilized for the first free agency session. After that it won't really be necessary since no one is going to drop good players and people will just pick up FA in case of injuries.

As for enforcement it will most likely have to be done through here. Just set aside a few days for free agency... thinking about it some more that may take forever since people will have to see what the people before them select. Damn, if they just could have had the time to implement the cap this wouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it needs to be that complicated.

Like you said, this is only for the start of the season. Having a set waiver priority list is the only way of doing things. Imagine if New England signed every big time FA?

I'm sure there's got to be some commish control that allows for easy process of this... it shouldn't be that time consuming I mean I'm sure there will only be like 10-15 good FAs tops...

I am pretty sure I read some where that the commish has the power to add/drop players off of anyone team so enforcing it shouldnt be a problem.

I am all for DT778 idea. Just come up with some type of formula that gives the lions the most chance of landing a FA and the Steelers the least chance.

Hell you can even look at season standings of last year and just go backward from that. Lions having the worst record gets first pick...steelers winning the super bowl get last pick. Simply as that in my opinion.

Hm, I wonder why Pastapadre opted for the lotto instead of just using the standings from last year.

And like what's already been said, there's only a handful of FAs at the start of the season that are worth picking up, so it really only matters for those bottom feeders. Or, we can just make a house rule and forget signing FAs until after the first season. May sound stupid, but that's just me because I don't care.

Annnd I preordered Madden 10 finally. =d

Fellas, I managed to snag my madden 10 today and like others have mentioned their is a code u have to enter to validate your online franchise.

Other than that I've just been playing scrimmages against my buddy via live. One thing I do notice as a change from last year is that man defense is much improved and I've seen some boneheaded CPU moves when playing zone.

If u guys have any questions just post them and I'll get u an answer asap

Damn it, I have never once got a game early....I wish I knew the secret. Quick quesion do online leagues have Pre-season games?

Alright we are getting pretty close to launch date. I think we should have some type of check in about now. There are a couple CAG Newbies which always have a larger chance to flake out. For the last couple of weeks there as only been like 6 or 7 of us discussing the league, game, rules etc. Which slightly worries me since there is 32 of us.

Azu, Seen, we need to at least get down some of the rules we have already decided on in the first post if they are not there already. We also have some things to settle before the game drops.

For example, are we having a community play time? I would love for us to set up a time and day that we should all at least try to make to get our games finished we can always set up other times through pms but a day would be great. We have to set up a time and day that works for most people. Might have to ask for peoples time zones and if the majority is EST (for example) base it on that.

We have already decided on the rules from my understanding. Everyone will be given the benefit of the doubt to not cheese or cheat in anyway. If a problem occurs it will be discussed among Azu and Seen (as they are the commish) and to a extent by the other members of the league. Bottom line is simply....dont be a dick.

A weekly deadline for games to be played needs to be set.

A way to deal with Free Agents. In my opinion we should make it as easy as possible. Use last years standing, although I would like to say you shouldnt be able to use players that are not going to play this year. Guys like Plex, Farve(I think he is actually in the game) Vick (until he gets signed) ect ect.

Thats all I can think of for right now....but something needs to be set in the first post.

congrats to those who got it early.. Im waiting for it from yourfree360games so no early access for me.

game night sounds like a great idea as long as its not manditory as it'll be damn near impossible to chose 1 night where 32 people all have off and free ( ex. Im taking a class Thurs. nights).

also checking in.

A designated game night thats not mandatory sounds good if people want to bond and get a party/chat it up. Otherwise, games should be finished within a week. Unless it's an emergency and you really care whether your game gets simmed or not, I guess you would be able to contact Azu and your opponent that week to get it handled, but hopefully that doesn't happen as often. And I agree with Sood with the whole don't sign people who aren't going to play (retired like Favre, suspended indefinitely like Burress or Stallworth).

EDIT: Actually, some of these players might be taken out of the game after the first roster update... eh, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, seen isn't an "Official" Commish. While he's damn close, if there is decision that needs to be made and I think it should be done one way and he thinks it should be done another, final ruling lies with me. That being said he is fantastic and I'm grateful for all the help. He would be the person that would take over as commish if I was on vacation or something.

I will make some changes to the OP. Before any official nights are set, I'm going to set up a 48 hour notification period (or should it be 72) where the players HAVE TO CONFIRM IN THIS THREAD THAT THEY WILL BE GETTING MADDEN 10 ASAP AND WILL STILL FULLY PARTICIPATE IN THIS LEAGUE.

You might want to make that 72hrs Azu.

Just to account for people being busy and missing that post entirely. The game doesnt come out until the 14 so a little bit of time can be given. Although we all love CAG its easy to be apart from it for 2 days.

But you are the commish so its up to you.

I am still in.

bread's done
Back