Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

Ivan and I just finished our game. I played horrible. I had nearly 300 yards of offense, and he only had around 100. That's because he hardly had the ball. Interceptions returned for touchdowns killed me. My offense ended up playing more defense than my defense did. I hate you, Jason Campbell.

[quote name='Soodmeg']This shit just gets more ridiculously by the day.[/QUOTE]

You don't think it's a double standard that running up the score and acting like a dick to your opponent is fine, but it's somehow wrong to use unusual formations or put players at different positions? I'm still waiting for Azu to "man up" and make a comment on the issue. Unless he just wants to keep licking your balls...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Ivan and I just finished our game. I played horrible. I had nearly 300 yards of offense, and he only had around 100. That's because he hardly had the ball. Interceptions returned for touchdowns killed me. My offense ended up playing more defense than my defense did. I hate you, Jason Campbell.[/QUOTE]

Good game, those were some rough interceptions. Terence Newman alone had 3 interceptions that went for touchdowns. Also, Santana Moss got taken out on his first big catch of the game, so now he's out for 7 weeks. Not a good day for the Redskins.

Of course, all this means is that the Eagles, Redskins, and Cowboys are now tied at the bottom of the NFC East with 3-7 records. Ouch.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] I'm still waiting for Azu to "man up" and make a comment on the issue. Unless he just wants to keep licking your balls...[/QUOTE]
The hell is the purpose of this?
I've stated more than once that I don't consider running up the score evil. Personally, I run the ball, never pass if I'm up with a small amount of time remaining. The last games I've decided to kneel and such.
Think of it this way:
The Giants could have stopped scoring once they were up 28-0. They didn't. They won 44-7. Same with Seattle blowing out Jacksonville.
Would you be upset if you lost 44-7?
I can't see how scoring more = being rude to your opponent. If anything, its respecting your opponents defense and saying "Hey, we've had a great game, I don't want to disrespect you by just running out the clock."

I see how you can be frustrated by it, but is it really necessary to start attacking somebody over it?
Perhaps we should have a vote on it after this season ends (likely sometime in November or earlier) on establishing various rules, but right now signing 1 free agent and not using glitches are the rules.

The ONLY complaints I've heard are from people that lost to soodmeg. The only people who seem to get upset are the ones that lose, and it seems with each complaint there are more and more people that say "stop complaining."

I just don't understand why it matters if somebody wins by 31-21 or 38-21....

I also don't understand why you feel the need to attack me, as I assumed we had a great deal of mutual respect for one another.

I also see no reason to go after Soodmeg because he has played from the beginning and has played every single one of his games.

You joined the league last year and left because you lost a lot. My record was worse than yours, and I never complained. You on the other hand decided to rant about every damn game you lost and how there were glitches or whatever.

I respect you. But if you don't want to play, you don't have to.

Anyway, some games that need to get done:

Colts vs. Ravens (haven't heard anything)
Browns vs. Lions (haven't heard anything)
Saints vs. Bucs (I'll boot the saints around 11 EST Galego, sorry I've been busy today)
49ers vs. Packers
Seahawks vs. Vikings (playing tonight)
Bills vs. Jaguars (sim game)
Eagles vs. Bears

[quote name='Azumangaman']
The Giants could have stopped scoring once they were up 28-0. They didn't. They won 44-7. Same with Seattle blowing out Jacksonville.
[/QUOTE]

This is flawed; you should check the box score of the games and see no more then 7 points were scored in either game during the 4th quarter and that it wasn't at the very end of the game that these drives occurred. Seattle got a fumble recovery which they returned for 7 and the Giants were using the second string and kicked a FG.

[quote name='Azumangaman']The hell is the purpose of this?
I've stated more than once that I don't consider running up the score evil. Personally, I run the ball, never pass if I'm up with a small amount of time remaining. The last games I've decided to kneel and such.
Think of it this way:
I can't see how scoring more = being rude to your opponent. If anything, its respecting your opponents defense and saying "Hey, we've had a great game, I don't want to disrespect you by just running out the clock."

I see how you can be frustrated by it, but is it really necessary to start attacking somebody over it?
Perhaps we should have a vote on it after this season ends (likely sometime in November or earlier) on establishing various rules, but right now signing 1 free agent and not using glitches are the rules.

The ONLY complaints I've heard are from people that lost to soodmeg. The only people who seem to get upset are the ones that lose, and it seems with each complaint there are more and more people that say "stop complaining."

I just don't understand why it matters if somebody wins by 31-21 or 38-21....

I also don't understand why you feel the need to attack me, as I assumed we had a great deal of mutual respect for one another.

I also see no reason to go after Soodmeg because he has played from the beginning and has played every single one of his games.

You joined the league last year and left because you lost a lot. My record was worse than yours, and I never complained. You on the other hand decided to rant about every damn game you lost and how there were glitches or whatever.

I respect you. But if you don't want to play, you don't have to.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Azu...but that's high school logic. I don't know how many times I have to hammer the point home, but it's not about expecting someone to stop running plays. On his last drive, he had run like 10 straight running plays, but was picking up 1st downs as the final minute was ticking down.

If he had been able to run all the way down the field and score on me, I would have had no problems with it. I agree with what he told seen in their argument: if you can't stop a basic running play, it's your own fault. But finally, I did stop him at my 39 yard line to force a 3rd and 6 with 20 seconds left to play.

Rather than just thinking "Good job, you stopped me. You played a tough game" and let the clock run out, Soodmeg thinks "I'll call a pass play". According to him, that's all he thought...but WHY the hell would you call a pass play in that situation? You're trying to score. There is no other excuse to justify it.

No shit people only complain when they lose to him. EVERYBODY LOSES TO HIM. I think it's bullshit that you're constantly licking Soodmeg's balls and never correct him on anything. He's already the best player in the league. He doesn't need any extra help. I realize he's your "star player", but if the rules are skewed in his favor, what's the point of even playing? He can play however he wants to play, but others can't? What is that?

When anybody else in the league does something that's against "the rules", which are only enforced whenever you feel like acting like a commissioner, they get reprimanded and forced to change. You're a hypocrite, dude.

Say whatever you want about me and my history with Madden. That has no relevance to this situation, and is just an attack on my character. I've always been a person to stand up for what's right, and I think it's messed up that you promote this league as "having fun and being respectful", but then tell people it's ok to act like a dick.

With that stance, I'm very reluctant to adhere to any "rules" that have been enforced in the past. Your defense of Soodmeg's bullshit turns this league into a joke, and you're a coward for not holding him accountable for anything. That's the last I'm going to say about it, because you're free to do whatever you want. And apparently, Soodmeg is too.

Azu, Just dont worry about it. They have it set in their minds that I am a evil person what does nothing but think of ways to score more points and embarrass everyone.

I have done nothing but play everyone of my games in a timely fashion, follow every single rule that has been stated, never glitched, never cheese. In the combined 15ish games I have played in both leagues only 2 or 3 people have rushed back into the thread to rant and rave about how I make sure I am rude to everyone. I played this same style last year and not one person said anything.

Cant believe that this is such a big deal we need 3 god damn pages and 15 rants about it.

EDIT: I would like to correct you N8, not everyone complains when they loose to me...just seen and yourself have made this big of a deal.

EDIT 2: Dude what rules are skewed in my favor?

[quote name='Soodmeg']EDIT: I would like to correct you N8, not everyone complains when they loose to me...just seen and yourself have made this big of a deal.

EDIT 2: Dude what rules are skewed in my favor?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're correcting. I didn't say everyone complains. I said everyone loses.

And dude, I'm tired of going over it. I made my point. The fact that running up the score isn't frowned upon, but playing a SS at LB is? To me, that's ridiculous and is a double standard. But like I said, I'll just stop worrying about following "the rules", and there won't be a problem. :) It's cool. Nothing else to talk about.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Soodmeg ran a pass play at the end of the game so I should be allowed to put a SS at LB and sign as many FA as I want. Hell why stop there....because I called a blitz I think that everyone should be allowed to change the ratings of their players.

Does this shit make any sense to anyone else?

But hey apparently we are all cool again.

Nice game Azu, it was good to see my defense play well this week. I hope Peterson isn't gone for too long. Also that Hasselbeck run was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in this game so far.

[quote name='Soodmeg']:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Soodmeg ran a pass play at the end of the game so I should be allowed to put a SS at LB and sign as many FA as I want. Hell why stop there....because I called a blitz I think that everyone should be allowed to change the ratings of their players.

Does this shit make any sense to anyone else?

But hey apparently we are all cool again.[/QUOTE]

If your education prevents you from understanding the concept of a double standard, I can't help you. And there you go again exaggerating and making ridiculous claims to try to make me look unreasonable. Why can't you stick to the facts?

Also for anyone else annoyed by all of this, why do I have to be the one to drop it, while Soodmeg is allowed to rant and carry on as though he's beyond reproach? I realize most people don't care enough to even bother with it (which is the real reason most don't complain about you, Sood), but damn. You can say I've wasted tremendous amounts of time typing these posts, but how much time are you all wasting playing in a league that has no expectation of being fair? Are you all that brainwashed by EA that it really doesn't matter?

[quote name='FrankySox']Nice game Azu, it was good to see my defense play well this week. I hope Peterson isn't gone for too long. Also that Hasselbeck run was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in this game so far.[/QUOTE]
He's gone.
For.
Seven.
fucking.
Weeks.

fuck you. Lol, it was a great game. I really wish I would've chosen to reset the league back in week one, because holy fuck these QBs suck. I need Favre.
Upcoming opponents: Warrick Dunn is coming for you!!!!

[quote name='Azumangaman']n8, please stop. If you hate this league so much you really shouldn't be in it.[/QUOTE]

So, it's ok if everybody else just plays how they want to play then? I just want to clear it up.

It really isnt but I cant help myself. This whole thing is so far out in left field I cant help but laugh at it. The entire league structure is called into question, 1 guy quits (apparently) over not being able to sign more FAs, People want to play SS at LB, I get personally attacked, the commish gets personally attacked, people want the rules to be changed 4 full pages have been wasted.............all because I ran a WR screen.

I am sorry Azu, I know I shouldnt say anything but this situation is just so hilarious to me I couldnt help myself. I know I should stop joking around but the whole thing is so illogical and over stated that I seriously have no real response to anything.

But seriously, I am done now. I will just play my games and leave it at that.

Wow, just realized AP is injuries in both leagues, and I think both times he was out for 7 weeks. I am going to assume its a early madden curse.

@Homeland quit playing around. Clearly Addai should play TE, QB would be against the rules.

[quote name='Soodmeg']It really isnt but I cant help myself. This whole thing is so far out in left field I cant help but laugh at it. The entire league structure is called into question, 1 guy quits (apparently) over not being able to sign more FAs, People want to play SS at LB, I get personally attacked, the commish gets personally attacked, people want the rules to be changed 4 full pages have been wasted.............all because I ran a WR screen......with 20 seconds left in a game where I had a commanding lead[/QUOTE]

Corrected. Just so there is no misunderstanding

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, just realized AP is injuries in both leagues, and I think both times he was out for 7 weeks. I am going to assume its a early madden curse.

@Homeland quit playing around. Clearly Addai should play TE, QB would be against the rules.[/QUOTE]

so a legit nfl formation isnt allowed?

[quote name='homeland']Corrected. Just so there is no misunderstanding[/QUOTE]

Thats true. But still to think this could have all been avoided if someone was in prevent defense against a shotgun 4 Wide set on the 40 instead of in a 4-3 man/blitz.

[quote name='homeland']so a legit nfl formation isnt allowed?[/QUOTE]

You threw me off when you said wild horse. I thought you were kidding before I realized you were talking about the wildcat formation. Doh.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Thats true. But still to think this could have all been avoided if someone was in prevent defense against a shotgun 4 Wide set on the 40 instead of in a 4-3 man/blitz. [/QUOTE]

Does anybody agree with this?

Who here would call a prevent defense down 31-16, with 20 seconds left in the game, and the clock ticking from the last 10 plays, which were all runs. The situation was 3rd and 6 at my 39 yard line. He was in shotgun, but Sood had been running sweeps from that formation anyway (whether it was 4-wide or not, I honestly don't remember, but last he said...there were 5 receivers. Funny how stories change. If anything, it was one of those trick sets with a wideout lined up to look like a RB).

Obviously, 3rd and 6 is normally a passing down, but under these circumstances, who thinks it's common sense that you should run a prevent defense? Since Soodmeg is such a football god and is never wrong about anything, I just want to know how many people agree with him. Azu? You would do this? It's common sense, right? Thanks for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate Matt X, I messaged you on XBL. I am avaiable from 6pmEST - 11pmEST everyday. Let me know when you want to play.

Alright although I would love to keep this joke going let me set it straight.

N8. Bottom line, if you care that much about the score you should player better defense. That simple. Even if I was trying to be a dick its still not up to me to babysit your ego.

If you cared that much you would have made sure I didnt score by calling the proper defense or at least attempted to stop me by calling a better defense. I really dont understand this thing of giving up on defense and then complaining that I scored its the same thing as Seen(granted not as bad though). You stopped trying to play defense in some form which resulted in me scoring. I didnt break any rules by calling a pass play no matter how much you want it to be illegal.

So get over it, next time you play someone dont assume they are playing by the same video game moral code you are.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Alright although I would love to keep this joke going let me set it straight.

N8. Bottom line, if you care that much about the score you should player better defense. That simple. Even if I was trying to be a dick its still not up to me to babysit your ego.

If you cared that much you would have made sure I didnt score by calling the proper defense or at least attempted to stop me by calling a better defense. I really dont understand this thing of giving up on defense and then complaining that I scored its the same thing as Seen(granted not as bad though). You stopped trying to play defense in some form which resulted in me scoring. I didnt break any rules by calling a pass play no matter how much you want it to be illegal.

So get over it, next time you play someone dont assume they are playing by the same video game moral code you are.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only mistake I made was assuming that you possessed any ounce of sportsmanship. The reason I didn't "try to stop you" there was because I assumed you wouldn't feel the need to score with 20 seconds left in the game with a 31-16 lead. If you want to call that stupid, call it stupid. But this is what you posted earlier in the year in this very same thread.

[quote name='Soodmeg']My thoughts.

We should just not be douche bags to each other while playing.​
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Soodmeg']The funny thing is, I pretty much follow all the rules you posted any way out of common sense and good sportsmanship[/QUOTE]

For the final time, why would I care about the score of a game I knew I was going to lose? What I care about is playing with people who aren't douchebags. If you act like one, you deserve to be called on it. The only reason this has gone on this long is because you can't even admit in the slightest that you MAY have done something that was slightly a dick move.

If you would have responded to my initial post with something like "I know. I'm sorry man. I didn't expect that play to go for 39 yards. I wasn't trying to run up the score." I would have left it at that. When Azu did it in his one game, he at least acknowledged it. But you're so fucking defensive and combative in every single one of your responses. And then when I agree to stop talking about it, you continue throwing barbs like a fucking jerk. You've just become a bully, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']

You threw me off when you said wild horse. I thought you were kidding before I realized you were talking about the wildcat formation. Doh.[/QUOTE]

No, your wrong its Wild Horse, please don't assume I'm always wrong. Watch replays from the Broncos game yesterday. No QB under center, the QB is lined up as Wide receiver, HB in the Single I formation. With no QB under center, the RB would basically be the QB in Shotgun formation.

As a Pats fan I know the patriots make weird substitutions, Vrabel as a TE, Troy Brown on defense, hell even Randy Moss played yesterday as a Safety (got a interception to boot!) Why can't we do this in the game? Using Soodmegs argument its the other teams job to stop it. If I have a Cornerback as a Linebacker, my opponent should see this and know how to get around that, it wouldn't be my fault if I was continually able to sack his qb.

To be fair even though I have yet to win the game, I have enjoyed this league. I've even played with Soodmeg, luckily though he didn't pull that B.S. with me. Every owner I've played with has not cheesed or ran up the score (both are the same in my book, they are dick moves that take away the integrity of the league).

[quote name='itlnstln']Ultimate Matt X, I messaged you on XBL. I am avaiable from 6pmEST - 11pmEST everyday. Let me know when you want to play.[/QUOTE]

Well I have a meeting to go to tonight, but I should be back around by 9 or so. That would let us get the game done before the deadline.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey Jets owner, im just looking ahead to the league advancing tonight, and trying to figure out when you would like to play ?[/QUOTE]

Depends when it's advancing. I could play 7, 7:30 pm EST today, but obviously won't be playing during MNF. Any time Tuesday after 7 pm EST will work too.

Dont give in soodmeg, dont give in.

Homeland. The reason we came up with the rule about subs is as follows. Real life football rarely matches up with Madden football. Yes we can all agree that in real life its fun to get creative with the sub packages to fool the defense but that doesnt translate well to madden at all.

Madde simply is not programmed to pick up roster changes and doing so will easily break the game. There is no way to account for Randy Moss playing MLB in this game because madden will allow him to tackle like he is Zach Thomas. There is no skill drop off when switching a players position.

Have you guys seen the videos of Punters being sub in as O-linemen and actually blocking really well?

You could easily break all of the games programming if you get creative enough with the subs....i know this first hand. Trust me, we dont want to go down that road.

I have to step down from Madden for the time being, I work and go to school full-time so it's really hard keeping up with this league as is and there is to much bickering going on to be worth the hassle.

[quote name='Galego23']I have to step down from Madden for the time being, I work and go to school full-time so it's really hard keeping up with this league as is and there is to much bickering going on to be worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, you where next on my schedule.

Like i said before, definitively too much whining going on, and i'm not talking about n8.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dont give in soodmeg, dont give in.

Homeland. The reason we came up with the rule about subs is as follows. Real life football rarely matches up with Madden football. Yes we can all agree that in real life its fun to get creative with the sub packages to fool the defense but that doesnt translate well to madden at all.

Madde simply is not programmed to pick up roster changes and doing so will easily break the game. There is no way to account for Randy Moss playing MLB in this game because madden will allow him to tackle like he is Zach Thomas. There is no skill drop off when switching a players position.

Have you guys seen the videos of Punters being sub in as O-linemen and actually blocking really well?

You could easily break all of the games programming if you get creative enough with the subs....i know this first hand. Trust me, we dont want to go down that road.[/QUOTE]

So, you don't want someone to put a punter on the offensive line because you're actually concerned they'll block BETTER than the players programmed to play that position? And...this makes sense to you? If that were actually true, and gave people some kind of hidden advantage, don't you think more people would be doing it online? That's just ridiculous.

I could understand not doing it because it tarnishes the way the game SHOULD be played. But you've already gone to great lengths to show that you don't give a shit about how the game is supposed to be played. Ya know, I almost think we need an outline of what Soodmeg thinks is acceptable and what isn't acceptable. Just so everybody in the league knows how they should be playing.

Hey Homeland, I wasnt suggesting you were wrong in anyway it was actually a attempt at a joke from something else. My bad.

I have no idea what you are talking about with his Wild Horse formation and missed the Pats game. What plays are suppose to be run out of it? I am not getting how its different from the wildcat.

It's not different from the Wildcat. This whole argument may be the dumbest fucking thing I've witnessed in a while. (I must not read enough threads, I'm sure).

What it comes down to is: If Sood does a wide receiver screen to me and scores then I should be able to put my SS as a LB? What. The. fuck. You're an idiot. First of all, whoever got beat on a WR screen for a TD when the game was out of reach: get over it. The game was like, what, 2 days ago? Jesus christ.

Second, a WR screen is normal. Yes, maybe in the real NFL teams would just run the ball straight up the middle, but Sood didn't do some trick punt on you. He saw an opening and decided on 3rd and 6 (or whatever it was) he was going to try to get the 6 yards since you'd obviously be stacking the box. It broke for a TD, oh well.

Subbing a SS for LB or a punter of an OL is NOT normal. That's why there's rules against that and not rules against WR screens. You also knew this before you joined the league, so this is nothing new.

As far as the Wild Horse comments, go wild. (no pun intended). The game doesn't even have the formation so your just going to be running the QB in the WR slot in the Wildcat formation (assuming that doesn't already happen). I don't think Orton even threw out of the Wild Horse, but if there's a Wildcat play that tosses it to the WR slot for a pass play and you want to put the QB there I'm sure no one is going to bitch about it for SIX fuckING PAGES.

/rant

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No sportsmanship. Play however we want. Got it :)[/QUOTE]
n8, I'm sorry, but you need to drop this. If this keeps going, I'm going to have to bring in the mods.
Rules can be made for discussion when this season ends.

If ANYBODY makes another post about this completely retarded topic I'm going to kick them the fuck out.
All this is doing is killing morale.
It was going extremely well until this ridiculous discussion began.

ENOUGH.

If you so desperately need to discuss this, use PMs or XBL messages.
/DISCUSSION PERMANENTLY

If anybody wants to play some Madden, I'll be on.
Also, lots of games need to get done!

Azu, I might want to scrimmage later. I am suppose to play bigat at about 7pm est if I get home a little early there is a new offensive package I need to test out.

EDIT: I just remember why I didnt watch the Pats/Broncos game. I didnt want my eyes to continue being raped with those god awful jerseys.

Wildcat is not banned. And I apologize for my rant. I know it wasn't helping, but I couldn't sit back any longer.

I would be up for an exhibition at like 7 pm EST tonight if anyone is up for it.

[quote name='Matt Young']MikeBike, when you get back, let me know what time you can play tonight.[/QUOTE]

Hey sorry for not responding on here. Just PM with what a good time will be for you today. Thanks man. Again, I apologize.

bread's done
Back