Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

I will be getting the game tonight as soon as i get off work I will be playing madden from 5:15 until.....(Broncos).

I hate being the last guy in tho...sucks

I think a simple rule would be is do what you think a real NFL coach would do at that same point. No NFL coach is going to put his star running back in up by two touchdowns to get him over 100 yards. What happens if he sends him out there and he blows out his knee and is done for the season. How does he explain that one to the press and the fans of that team. Also being up by two touchdowns under 2-3 minutes most coaches would'nt be throwing the ball either you proberly would be getting a back-up HB running up the middle as much as possible.

That is true, i didn't think about it like that last night, next time i guess i should come out and take some knee's but than if im up 2 or 3 scores in the forth and just come out and waste the clock are people gonna be mad saying im wasting the clock ? and i know being up two touchdowns with 3 min left is great but isnt always a gurateed win because ive lost games off a fluke fumble than onside recovery?

Here's a simple solution.

If you don't want him running up the score on you, STOP HIM. Don't bitch and complain and quit.

My two cents.

Running the ball with your starting RB up two touchdowns late isn't unreasonable at all. In fact, it's realistic. It really isn't that much of a lead. It certainly isn't unsurmountable and anything can happen.

Taking timeouts and going 5 wide is bullshit though.

I'm on the fence with this, because if you picked him off and scored you probably wouldn't be complaining about him running up the score. :)

As a general rule, I do think it's lame for people to do so, but it only gives you more of a chance to actually come back and win in most cases. Like most people have been saying, let's just play like an NFL coach typically would.

Texans: I saw you joined, when do you want to play?

i think cru & pure both have valid points, but you shouldnt have quit the league over it pure. i mean, i lost to chop pretty good, he took a knee at the end, and to me that was more embarassing then him going for another td (which i lamented to my buddy who was watching me get battered).

you should have just posted about it here after the game and i bet everyone would have taken your side and made a gentlemens agreement not to run up scores, but you quit instead and nullified your position by doing that.

in any event we should just drop it and move on. i doubt well have another incident with people running up the score with a minute left after this incident, so lets just play.

I don't see the problem with running up the score and not all coaches in the NFL "led up" see Bill Belicheck.

If you can't stop them from running up the score, that's your problem. See no reason why this is even a matter of discussion.

[quote name='reaxn']shoulda kept me in the league :p

if people want to fart around and not join the league, obviously something isn't right[/QUOTE]

Don't contradict yourself now, you said something similar for the fantasy league and never showed...

And running up the score is poor sportsmanship IMO, if you disagree you probably don't take losing well. Also please stop with the garble 1 word comments and run-on sentences which don't make much sense...

i told you absolutely couldn't make it to the draft on the weekend. i had no access to my xbox. if you go ahead and do the draft without me being able to be there it isn't my fault. choose a date that's reasonable for everyone.

[quote name='seen']Don't contradict yourself now, you said something similar for the fantasy league and never showed...

And running up the score is poor sportsmanship IMO, if you disagree you probably don't take losing well. Also please stop with the garble 1 word comments and run-on sentences which don't make much sense...[/QUOTE]

First my apologies for the 2 off-topic posts above this with the exception that I believe running up the score is poor sportsmanship. Belicheck did it as a way to middle finger the league.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3084471

For reaxn:
The web draft part did work, if you bothered to read the OP I mentioned I was forced to pick the most convenient for the majority and practically everyone made it.

If you have anything else regarding this just send me a pm as I don't want to crap the thread with this.

Meh, I dont care about running up the score I just thought it was lameto completely quit the league after 1 game. But Pure did say he was sorry and we should all accept it and move back to football.

I will say this, we need to not take the game so seriously that we are getting pissed over things that are not cheese/exploits or cheating then it shouldnt matter.

[quote name='Soodmeg']
I will say this, we need to not take the game so seriously that we are getting pissed over things that are not cheese/exploits or cheating then it shouldnt matter.[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. I don't think any CAG leagues for any game will tolerate cheating, cheesing and exploits.

he's not saying we should tolerate cheating or exploits he's saying that there should be no reason why anyone should cry and quit over someone running up the score. It's childish and retarded.

If he had a problem with Philly running up the score he should have put up a better defense, plain and simple.

EA now has a feature for online games where you can give "mercy" if there is under 2 minutes left in the game; it gives them the option to quit now and get mercy, scores and stats will be recorded but DNF will not be affected.

So when are we moving the week forward? I say we should do it soon, if someone doesnt have the game yet just let their opponent play the CPU. Lets not get hung up on weeks waiting for people.

Now I am not saying kick them out of the league or anything, they can join as soon as they get the game but we need to get going if we plan on finishing a season.

[quote name='lyric706']Hey FrankySox —$we're up for week one. Can you play tonight?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sent you a message on Xbox.com.

Pure Apathy, thanks for re-joining. I can understand why you were upset, but leaving is retarded.
Mr Grand Cru isn't leaving, and I'll be completely honest that there is no reason to gang up on him or anything of the sort. He didn't rush every single play and he didn't exploit any glitches and so forth. He just wanted more points. Thats annoying, but is it really a terrible thing? I'm not booting him for winning a game. That's fucking ridiculous.

While I can see the viewpoint of running up the score as being annoying as fuck, I am on the side of guys who say to just get over it/stop it in game. If you can't stop it, they deserve points.

I'm not very good at Madden, and it happens a lot to me. I just accept it as the fact that I need to get better at the game.

To RECAP: I'm not upset with Pure Apathy, Mr Grand Cru is staying, and the league should be full by the end of the night :)

When is the deadline for advancing the week? Also...screw you for being gifted Farve. I wanted to continue making fun of your QBs at least until pre season was over.

I have been playing against the vikes lately and AP is a monster...Christ he is almost game breakingly good....just like in real life.

I'm depressed about Favre...I hate his guts. Then again, this could make the team a lot better. But he's so old and worn out!
Deadline is this Sunday.

Too soon/too late? I wanted to give extra time for people since its the first week. There are game nights tonight and thursday night, so hopefully the games will all be done Friday or so.

Soodmeg, wanna play a game? Or anybody.

Not sure how Favre will work, or any other players. I'd hope EA has prepared something for those who have started their Franchises.
Soodmeg, in case you read this before I send you a message, meet me in the East 1 lobby.

Most likely the roster will stay the same just like if you started a season before the roster update in an offline franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosters will stay the same as they are right now. If we wanted to play with the new update tomorrow, we would have to restart the league.

While I hate Favre enough to not need to restart the league, does the majority of people want the league restarted?

Regardless, our first big game night is tonight. Hopefully lots of you show and get games done!

I wouldn't mind restarting just because I'd like to start off with the most accurate rosters as possible. But I'll go with whatever the majority decides.

im impartial with restarting. but keep in mind rosters are going to keep changing, not to mention we can do our own trades within the league and teams can do real trades. so its not like were going to be playing with perfect pictures of our respective teams all season.

we can restart i think ill like it better with more accurate rosters lol but it doesnt affect me in anyway but im up 4 that idea...if we do that though how will the games already played be affected?

Broncos defeats Bengals. Sorry guys but I have to drop out of the league due to this crappy wireless adapter. I played no problem online yesterday, but today during our match today it disconnected again. Hate to be a burden on another player.

[quote name='ajh2298']What are we doing about the free agents I would like to try and sign a better kicker and punter?[/QUOTE]

I will ask this again because it got knocked back a page with no answer?

[quote name='ajh2298']I will ask this again because it got knocked back a page with no answer?[/QUOTE]

I think that they were waiting till after week 4 and whoever has the worst record picks first, Draft style.

Wait play four game then a draft I vote no just leave rosters as is if people need Favre and Vick why don't we just start next week?

[quote name='pHi ||']I think that they were waiting till after week 4 and whoever has the worst record picks first, Draft style.[/QUOTE]

that was my understanding, wed have a waiver positions based on records, im sure tie breakers like points or what not would go into that too and then we would let teams pick one by one. after that initial signing i cant imagine wed need a system because there wouldnt be much interest in whats left

bread's done
Back