Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

I was supposed to play hom3land tonight around 6:45pm EST. I haven't seem him get on so I'm not sure what's up. Hopefully he jumps on so we can get our game in before the deadline tonight!

[quote name='gamcreator']I was supposed to play hom3land tonight around 6:45pm EST. I haven't seem him get on so I'm not sure what's up. Hopefully he jumps on so we can get our game in before the deadline tonight![/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, something came up and wasn't able to be around which sucks since its the first game I didn't get to play. To bad you weren't around all weekend. Owell luckily its a long season.

[quote name='homeland']Sorry about that, something came up and wasn't able to be around which sucks since its the first game I didn't get to play. To bad you weren't around all weekend. Owell luckily its a long season.[/QUOTE]

No problem... I forgot to post on Friday that I was gonna be gone most of the weekend so that's my fault.

Pretty epic games this week. Titans vs Cardinals (Superbowl rematch from the Replacements league), Jets vs Panthers (both with 8 Ws), I'm sure there are others.

League advanced (sorry homeland, looks like you're still searching for win #1!)
I kind of wish I could watch the Cardinals/Titans game. If anybody can beat Sood...

[quote name='ubernes']Pretty epic games this week. Titans vs Cardinals (Superbowl rematch from the Replacements league)[/QUOTE]

What? The matchup in the other league was Soodmeg(Pats) vs BigAT(Cards). Soodmeg is the Titans in this league, and the Cards have a different owner.

42 - 19 Panthers over the Jets, First half there was no defense present and Sanchez looked remarkable, Panthers couldn't stop the screen or play action, which was highly frustrating, second half Panthers Defense came out amped and forced some big interceptions. Great Game though, The score does not show how close the game really was.

Good Game Jets.

i will be playing sood haha um school is killing me right now honestly so the best day i can honestly give u is friday...preferably. if u have some emergency that u cannot make it i may be able to play tomorrow morning but yea well c how it goes..my rush defense got killed by jackson and those sweeps which seem impossible to stop..well c

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']42 - 19 Panthers over the Jets, First half there was no defense present and Sanchez looked remarkable, Panthers couldn't stop the screen or play action, which was highly frustrating, second half Panthers Defense came out amped and forced some big interceptions. Great Game though, The score does not show how close the game really was.

Good Game Jets.[/QUOTE]

Man, I really let this one get away. D Will was great, but I thought I was matching him nicely until the 3rd quarter and everything fell apart for me. Way too many picks.

Good game to homeland. I had the pleasure of being his first win. Just wasn't my day at all apparently. I hate when disconnects/freezes happen because I always feel like my team plays shittier the 2nd time around. Not saying I would have won the first game at all, but my QB just felt way different and less effective in the 2nd game. My wideout dropping a ball in the endzone toward the end of the 1st half didn't help either.

Oh, and what the fuck was that fumble by my TE as I tried diving into the endzone. It was like your DB just took the ball from him at the pylon. I don't even know how that was possible considering the stretch should have put the ball out of reach.

The 3rd quarter was a practice in human torture though with all the turnovers. Each minute that passed felt like an hour. I still think there are too many turnovers in this game. Yes, I realize they're based on human mistakes, but it just feels like it's so easy to make a mistake. The margin of error is like nothing.

Anyway, congrats on your first win. Your defense came up huge several times, especially in the redzone. And that sack at the end probably prevented me from tying it up. Good game.

I just looked at last week's game that was simmed between the Ravens/Colts. Why is it that when my games are simmed, Sam Koch, the punter, kicks my field goals and extra points? Hauschka is #1 on my Kicker Depth Chart. Also, Matt Stover was kicking for Indy? Wasn't he just signed yesterday/today?

Damn, my game gets simulated and I lose Joe Thomas for the season. Did get a win though, heh.

So there is no Bengals owner still so I play the CPU this week?

Jets owner, I'm going to be gone for a few days come Friday but if we can do trades through the online menu I'd still like to work out the Braylon trade. Just message me on here and we'll get back to figuring it all out.

Ya good game nate. That 3rd quarter was just embarrassing. Need to go back and look at our turn over totals, it had to be over 6. I really wish I remembered to save the replay of your TE dropping the ball 1 inch from the goal line. I have no idea how it happened, since the challenge replay showed my guy just picking it up off the ground.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']
Jets owner, I'm going to be gone for a few days come Friday but if we can do trades through the online menu I'd still like to work out the Braylon trade. Just message me on here and we'll get back to figuring it all out.[/QUOTE]

Clear out your PM inbox and check out page 96 for the last suggestion I made for the trade.

We ended up going with what he last offered, I didn't need to make any changes to it:

Browns send:
B. Edwards (WR OVR 84)*

Jets send:
C.Stuckey (WR OVR 65)*
Trunsik (MLB OVR 55)*
2nd Round Pick 2010
5th Round Pick 2010

*those are guestimates, I'm not on Madden right now and running out of the office. and actually I'll be a little upset if I was able to guess all of their ratings correctly, haha.

please let me know if anyone has an issue with this. I'd like to get it through ASAP so I can get Edwards into practice this week. :)

Chiefs 21
Chargers 28

I had ONE good offensive drive, everything else came on the defensive/special teams side of the ball. I pulled the hit stick for fumbles twice with Cooper, both resulting in TDs. The Chiefs tied up the game with ~1 min to go.. and a ret TD with Sproles ensues. Definitely an exciting game. sstyler, you were really good passing the ball, I just happened to get the right stops (those cruciiial 3rd downs) and lucky FFs. heh.

I played a good game with itlnstln. The Packers were defending their 1 game lead over Detroit in the division, in Detroit. I went up 7-0, and he came back with field goals, making it 7-6 at the half and 9-7 Lions in the 3rd. I had a good drive going till Griese threw a pick six and I ended up losing. Fun game, though.

Lions 16, Packers 7

The Lions are in first place now due to tying the Packers' record and winning the previous simmed game.

Ok big game tonight between the Rams and Seahawks. Lyric and I are going to try playing around 11pm est time! A Week 1 rematch in which the Seahawks held of the visiting Rams 21-14. Both teams are 8-2 and all the winner has claim to is the FIFTH seed in the playoffs. That's right the NFC West is the division to beat this year I guess.

(8-3)(shinyru) Chargers- 28
(3-8) (sstyler24) Chiefs- 21

shinyri great game, even though i controlled play, i gotta give you credit for being able to force those three fumbles and return two, tht return for a td after i just tied it up killed me.

Well gonna have to get ready for next year as the Chiefs have been officially eliminated from contention for the playoffs.

[quote name='Matt Young']I played a good game with itlnstln. The Packers were defending their 1 game lead over Detroit in the division, in Detroit. I went up 7-0, and he came back with field goals, making it 7-6 at the half and 9-7 Lions in the 3rd. I had a good drive going till Griese threw a pick six and I ended up losing. Fun game, though.

Lions 16, Packers 7

The Lions are in first place now due to tying the Packers' record and winning the previous simmed game.[/QUOTE]

Good Game Matt - It's amazing what one simple interception can do to a close game. Thankfully Jason Hanson was on hit too!

Rams' second game with the Seahawks was the wildest one of their season. Seahawks slip by 18-16. The difference was a surprise 2-point conversion try at the beginning of the fourth quarter to put the Seahawks up 18-10. Rams pull to within two as time expired. St. Louis' first attempt at a 2-point conversion to send it into overtime was good but called back for holding. (Subsequent replays showed there absolutely was no holding.) Pushed the Rams back 10 yards for the retry. On the second attempt, Bulger connected with his tight end, but the Seahawks tackled him on the 1-yard line. Reminded me so much of the Rams/Titans Super Bowl, but I was on the wrong side this time.

Very entertaining game, Franky. Don't know whether that holding call was a glitch or what, but truly, I would have accepted it, too.

Also another noteworthy stat: This is the Rams' first loss at home.

Just finished my game with Lyric, it was 18-10 and he scored with NO time remaining. He goes for 2 gets in (I THINK) and a holding penalty is called. It takes him back to the 10 yard line. I end up stopping him at the 2 for an 18-16 victory.

One of the weirder games I've played, especially since he doesn't like to punt and runs lots of audibles, he kept me on my heels and it was definitely a good challenge.

Good game Lyric, hopefully I don't have to play you in the playoffs because I probably won't be able to beat you three times.

[quote name='lyric706']Rams' second game with the Seahawks was the wildest one of their season. Seahawks slip by 18-16. The difference was a surprise 2-point conversion try at the beginning of the fourth quarter to put the Seahawks up 18-10. Rams pull to within two as time expired. St. Louis' first attempt at a 2-point conversion to send it into overtime was good but called back for holding. (Subsequent replays showed there absolutely was no holding.) Pushed the Rams back 10 yards for the retry. On the second attempt, Bulger connected with his tight end, but the Seahawks tackled him on the 1-yard line. Reminded me so much of the Rams/Titans Super Bowl, but I was on the wrong side this time.

Very entertaining game, Franky. Don't know whether that holding call was a glitch or what, but truly, I would have accepted it, too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had to take it, you are a beast with Jackson so I figured OT was going to happen anyways! I hate that damned 2TE set, and the fact you audibled out of it every time I felt I had it was VERY tough. Awesome game though. If you ever want to play an online game let me know.

I'm going to be away from my Xbox after today, but I'll log on before I leave and see if there is anything I can do to help speed the process up online. If not I'll check out the league page while I'm gone and the Xbox when I get back.

[quote name='ubernes']We ended up going with what he last offered, I didn't need to make any changes to it:

Browns send:
B. Edwards (WR OVR 84)*

Jets send:
C.Stuckey (WR OVR 65)*
Trunsik (MLB OVR 55)*
2nd Round Pick 2010
5th Round Pick 2010

*those are guestimates, I'm not on Madden right now and running out of the office. and actually I'll be a little upset if I was able to guess all of their ratings correctly, haha.

please let me know if anyone has an issue with this. I'd like to get it through ASAP so I can get Edwards into practice this week. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah I had to take it, you are a beast with Jackson so I figured OT was going to happen anyways! I hate that damned 2TE set, and the fact you audibled out of it every time I felt I had it was VERY tough. Awesome game though. If you ever want to play an online game let me know.[/QUOTE]

You had my go-to play pretty much in check by the second half, so I had to try to get creative. I really don't like to run that many audibles —$it's just that I knew what you'd call if I showed that 2TE set.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Check the OP ;)
Anybody who is playing the CPU, please play them. I'll eat you alive if you don't get your game done :D[/QUOTE]

I think that's a yes, Mike. :p

Regian and I tried connecting on Wednesday but we couldn't connect. Hopefully we can connect tonight or tomorrow.
Let me know when you're available!

So if we don't play, that's why.

The chop suey. I can play anytime today, (right now if you are on) but I do have to go pick up my girlfriend at 7:40 pm EST and will be back at like 8:30 pm. Anytime after that is good to go.

Damn, I thought the deadline was Monday based on the first post previously, but now I see its Saturday and I'm out of town. I didn't play my game before I left because I thought I had time on Sunday. Did the front page still have a Sunday or Monday date after Week 12 was put in the thread title? Not sure how I would have got that mixed up.

bread's done
Back