Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Im on now if you want to hit me up.

And to Doom, I've been playing ranked and to be honest I really haven't had much of an issue with non-punters aside from one. My problem has been people quitting within the 1st Q. Seems like interceptions are twice as easy then it was with madden 11 :).[/QUOTE]

You're lucky then, 3 of the 4 ranked matches I've played have been 5 wide, scrambling, no punters. Luckily, they just quit so I don't have to endure it the whole game.

Who still has Madden 11? At some point before 12 comes out I'd like to try a few games of 11 out. I have a new router since last year and I'd like to put it through its paces. If my connection is as bad as it was at times last season, I might save myself the aggravation and sit out this year.

[quote name='bvharris']Who still has Madden 11? At some point before 12 comes out I'd like to try a few games of 11 out. I have a new router since last year and I'd like to put it through its paces. If my connection is as bad as it was at times last season, I might save myself the aggravation and sit out this year.[/QUOTE]

I still have madden11 and I know we usually had issues if you want to try a game to see how it goes.

I dunno how u guys arnt ready to deal out teams and get this shit started...... day after it comes out we should start asap def looking forward to this league from the beginning hopefully adding seasons making it farther then 11.

[quote name='sprice8688']I dunno how u guys arnt ready to deal out teams and get this shit started...... day after it comes out we should start asap def looking forward to this league from the beginning hopefully adding seasons making it farther then 11.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying we shouldn't figure out teams, but there is no way we will be starting the day after this comes out. It usually takes EA a couple of weeks to put together and release an accurate roster, I imagine it will take a bit longer considering how insane things are about to get when free agency finally opens. The rosters that ship with the game will likely be absurdly inaccurate.

That's a good point I didn't think bout that.... i just miss playing doing regular online play just isn't the same anymore after playing in a real league when a win or loss matters...

[quote name='ubernes']Looking forward to having Aso and Revis at the corners this year. :D

I don't even know if I want that IRL, but in Madden SIGN ME UP.[/QUOTE]

I might need to reconsider my move to the AFC East if that happens. ;)

Too much money at CB. Obviously it depends on the numbers and I suppose if Cro is asking a lot, they might as well spend a few extra mil and get someone who can actually tackle. But yeah, seems like a lot of money at CB1 and 2. I assume I'll love it if it happens though.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Haynesworth to Pats, no one is going to run on them.[/QUOTE]

I love it. He's got very little guaranteed money left, if he's a douche again (which I think is likely), you just cut him. Look how much the Pats got out of Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. Since they won't be asking him to play the nose in the 3-4 like they did in DC, I think it could work.

It's too bad his Madden rating is probably in the toilet by this point.

Madden is going to be a lot of fun with all these moves. Ochocinco lands in New England as well. May as well pick up Moss and TO to complete the circus.

[quote name='Doomtime']Madden is going to be a lot of fun with all these moves. Ochocinco lands in New England as well. May as well pick up Moss and TO to complete the circus.[/QUOTE]

Love it. Belichick has coveted Ochocinco for a long time now, he thinks the world of him as a player.

I've got to admit, I was sort of considering passing on Madden this year, but now I'm full in as the Pats. Bring on your CB tandem, ubernes. ;)

Oh man I can't wait to.....kick some long field goals with Olindo Mare with my Panthers! Lol the Panthers didn't make too many exciting moves (basically just re-signed their old players), but that's actually pretty darn good for our team IRL. Got Madden pre-ordered baby!

Edit: Nevermind I didn't see we got Greg Olsen! That's pretty good actually...I remember his madden speed is in the high 80's, and I utilize the hell out of my tight end (refer to: Sanjay Nash).

Panthers just got Greg Olsen today. So there's another weapon. Hopefully he isn't as good as Sanjay Nash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol Sanjay Nash the LEGEND...I'll miss that guy in Madden '12. I'm sure they'll have 45 more tight ends like him though...Madden loves the speedy tight ends in their online franchise draft classes.

[quote name='bvharris']Love it. Belichick has coveted Ochocinco for a long time now, he thinks the world of him as a player.

I've got to admit, I was sort of considering passing on Madden this year, but now I'm full in as the Pats. Bring on your CB tandem, ubernes. ;)[/QUOTE]

NOW I want Aso both IRL and in Madden! Not that I think Ochocinco is half as good as he was, he's still damn good. Especially considering what Belichick did with the corpse of Randy Moss.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Lol Sanjay Nash the LEGEND...I'll miss that guy in Madden '12. I'm sure they'll have 45 more tight ends like him though...Madden loves the speedy tight ends in their online franchise draft classes.[/QUOTE]
Having both Skockey and Olsen should give you some good options inside (Shockey had a ridiculous catch rating in '11 I believe)

[quote name='ubernes']NOW I want Aso both IRL and in Madden! Not that I think Ochocinco is half as good as he was, he's still damn good. Especially considering what Belichick did with the corpse of Randy Moss.[/QUOTE]

If anything, I think Ocho is probably better suited to the Patriots' style than Moss was. He's a much better route runner for sure, and an infinitely better blocker. They essentially changed the way they played for Randy when he was here, and for the most part the results were positive, but I think Ocho will fit in far better with what they want to do on offense.

[quote name='bvharris']If anything, I think Ocho is probably better suited to the Patriots' style than Moss was. He's a much better route runner for sure, and an infinitely better blocker. They essentially changed the way they played for Randy when he was here, and for the most part the results were positive, but I think Ocho will fit in far better with what they want to do on offense.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, it seems to me like Moss was great for them because the threat of the deep ball stretched the field for them and made the slants and timing routes they use even more effective underneath.

[quote name='BigAT']I don't know, it seems to me like Moss was great for them because the threat of the deep ball stretched the field for them and made the slants and timing routes they use even more effective underneath.[/QUOTE]

That was true when he was still actually a threat to catch those balls. Everyone was worried after the Moss trade that they wouldn't be able to run that kind of underneath offense they like without him there, but it worked out just fine until the Jets game (though that had more to do with the offensive line imploding).

I can't believe the eagles really have Nnamdi and Rodger's Cromartie, especially with the new defensive improvements in this years Madden , damn can the 49ers make a trade move I might hove to look into another team.

Speaking of Achievements, it's annoying yet not surprising that they've added Ultimate Team achievements this year. A bummer for those of us who have no interest in it.

Anyway, since we're less than a month from release now should we start taking stock of who is committed to what teams so that we know how many slots we're going to need to fill?

Edit: I wonder if it's possible to build an 80-rated MUT team just with the All Rookies and All Sophomores teams that come as a pre-order bonus from Amazon? It would probably at least get you close..

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back