Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

So it looks like the XFN site will once again be offered for 2012. We didn't really use it to its full potential last year, but I'd definitely suggest we try it from the beginning of the league this time around.

Also, since it's now well into the July/August time frame mentioned in the thread title, do we want to try and do a quick Madden 11 sendoff tournament at some point to reinvigorate the Madden juices before 12 hits?

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'm committed to the falcons.
unless the packers or eagles are open.
[/QUOTE]

If I had the Eagles I certainly wouldn't be giving them up. :D Who is our Eagles incumbent anyway? Is it still Pacer?

[quote name='bvharris']If I had the Eagles I certainly wouldn't be giving them up. :D Who is our Eagles incumbent anyway? Is it still Pacer?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think its pacer.

Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!! Committed! And I still have Madden '11 so I would be down to resume our franchise or start a new tournament or whatever before '12 comes out, but I don't know if we'll be able to garner enough interest to get anything going...I'm sure a bunch of people have traded Madden '11 in by now.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!! Committed! And I still have Madden '11 so I would be down to resume our franchise or start a new tournament or whatever before '12 comes out, but I don't know if we'll be able to garner enough interest to get anything going...I'm sure a bunch of people have traded Madden '11 in by now.[/QUOTE]

That's why I like the idea of a quick tournament. We did that last year at the tail end of Madden 10's life, and I thought it was pretty enjoyable. IIRC, we did a "shitty teams" tournament, which might be fun to do again.

Yeah count me out of the Madden 11 tournament. I'll stick with NCAA until Madden's release, already pretty tired of it though.

I've narrowed it down to 4 teams I'm interested in. Right now though, I'm thinking Vikings or Bears.

[quote name='sprice8688']Can I take the lions?[/QUOTE]
lol I thought I was getting away from you. I think I'm leaning towards the Bears.

So let's get this Madden 11 mini tournament started in the next week if there's interest. I think I see 4 people including me, so at the worst case we have that. I suggest the worst teams again.

Also, now is the time... TO START RESERVING TEAMS!!! HOORAY!! :applause:Ahem, yeah, so I think we can move forward with this. We had so many more dedicated people between this season compared to last so please don't be offended if I forgot you. I'm going strictly off the list in the OP and I know some people dropped out since then (I almost forgot about BigAT!!). Below is the list of users with their team they have dibs on. Now I know a couple of you are already talking about switching teams, which is fine, but these people are tied to these teams as of now. Anyone looking to switch, or anyone not tied to a team (either by giving them up aka redworm, or because they jumped around a bit), will still have priority as a 'regular' over any newcomer or slightly less reliable user. ::drum roll::

Ravens (Deuce20602)
Texans (RamesuThe1)
Dolphins (feroci0us1)
Jets (broadway row)

Cardinals (Darth0fTheDead)
Patriots(bvharris888)
Chiefs (sprice20)
Raiders (Doomtime)
Packers (X Matt Young X)
Panthers (MasterAwesome)
Giants (BigAT)
Eagles (PacerPerspect)
Cowboys (Cobra03Ash)
49ers (Mr Grand Cru)

Slight less active than those above, but still pretty tied to their team through start to finish so I think they have to be included
Broncos (mog3526)
Redskins (Kay Holiday)
Lions (HotItlnStln)

Now with that out of the way a couple things can happen. 1. If you're not on this list and think you should have a shot at your former team let me know. 2. If you're claiming your previous team and you are on this list, let me know. 3. If you're on this list and switching, let me know. 4. If you're theredworm or other users I'm forgetting and you think you should be on the priority list for a new team, LET ME KNOW! Since redworm graciously gave up his long-time team he will have priority over all the unclaimed teams (MAJOR!).

Did I forget anything? :cool:

edit: add Falcons (gbpackers) to that list. I knew I was going to forget people!

edit 2: underlined = reclaimed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I skipped Madden 11, but will be picking up this year's game, and would like to play in the league (and get my ass kicked) if possible. Is anybody taking the Titans? I'm about to move to Nashville, and want to see if I can get used to rooting for them (my hometown team is the Bills...don't judge me, lol).

If you've got any openings, I'd love to take a spot. I'd prefer the Colts or Vikings, but I'm not too picky. I know I had to leave the league after the first season last year, but I'm in for the long haul this year.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I skipped Madden 11, but will be picking up this year's game, and would like to play in the league (and get my ass kicked) if possible. Is anybody taking the Titans? I'm about to move to Nashville, and want to see if I can get used to rooting for them (my hometown team is the Bills...don't judge me, lol).[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Anyone that picked the Titans last year lasted no longer than one season. I hope that changes, would love to have an owner that stays put with that team. Chris Johnson is a lethal weapon.

Well I was in last years league as the Bears, but could I switch to the Vikings? ..since my Cowboys are taken! :(

Edit: I am also down for am mini-tourny if it's possible. I still have and play Madden 11.

Looking forward on getting things going again!

This thread is hoppin' now. WOW. This will take some time to sort things out, guys. So bare with me. I'm going to try to send out a round of PMs to move things along.

As for the mini Madden 11 tournament, my guess would be it starts in the next few days.

Ugg, I really miss the Madden league and although I am getting Madden 12 for free this year I probably still wont be able to bring myself to play an entire season. I just cant handle an entire year of defending drag routes.

Maybe this year will be different but I doubt the gameplay is that improved. Good luck guys.

I need an elite running back, if Sprice is still intent on switching to the Lions, I'd like to take the Chiefs. Already saw a few guys going for the Bears and Vikings so they can go ahead with them.

[quote name='lageorgec05']doomtime let me have raiders please!!!! lol[/QUOTE]
As long as you post on the board regularly and follow the rules, you can have them as long as Uber says it's ok.

Don't tell A Hard about the league, he's not invited lol.

Shit, are the Titans open? Argh....man I miss you guys and I miss writing the recaps and awards. Man I need to see some gameplay.

For Now I think I will stick with the 49ers, I think I would Like to switch to my Hometown team The Baltimore Ravens if they become available , It's a chance Duece may be stepping away this year I believe, aslo I will jump in the long line that is forming for the Eagles lol

Im in for the Tourney also, Doomtime please keep me updated via Text message.

I'm in for the upcoming season with the New York Football Giants. I sold my copy of Madden 11 a while ago though, so count me out for the tournament.

[quote name='ubernes']This thread is hoppin' now. WOW. This will take some time to sort things out, guys. So bare with me. I'm going to try to send out a round of PMs to move things along.
[/QUOTE]

If you need any help with anything this season, let me know.

I've got a CAG or two who might want to join, and my brother might also be interested, but I'll wait and see how many spots we have left once all the regulars are in.

Love the responses so far and I haven't even sent out PMs. I'll try to put together a post of who is in where already and who wants who and we'll sort this all out by the end of the week, I hope.

edit: I probably won't get to the tentative list or PMs until tomorrow. We have time. I just got home from 3 hours of basketball and I need some unwinding time before I pass out. Tomorrow though, I promise!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I didn't get in on that fancy $45 + $20 GC deal, I'm not sure if I'll be picking up 12, at least at launch. I'll probably keep poking my head in the thread to see what's up though--it's still on my bookmarks toolbar so I click it all the time to check it out :p

[quote name='Doomtime']As long as you post on the board regularly and follow the rules, you can have them as long as Uber says it's ok.

Don't tell A Hard about the league, he's not invited lol.[/QUOTE]

Bet I will im usually more active when im at work....... shame shame lol. When im at home im rarely on the computer. I wish this site had a Iphone app

[quote name='lageorgec05']Bet I will im usually more active when im at work....... shame shame lol. When im at home im rarely on the computer. I wish this site had a Iphone app[/QUOTE]

If you visit the site on an iPhone/Android, it does have a pretty good mobile web interface, especially for PMs and the like.

I don't have Madden 11, but I'd like the Browns for the Madden 12 league. I'm going to try and look through the thread to see if they're claimed already, but if not I'd take them and I played in the Madden 10 league.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I'd like to think I have the right of first refusal on the Eagles, since I've been the "owner" for the last two seasons...[/QUOTE]

You do. We already discussed it last page. ;)

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Thanks. I'm in![/QUOTE]

I'll bet. :D If not, I'm sure you could sell them to the highest bidder at this point.

I've got a new person who would be interested in taking over the Chargers when I switch to the Pats, assuming none of the other vets are planning to take them.

[quote name='Doomtime']^^ What other vets haven't checked in yet?[/QUOTE]

Looking at the OP, there's still a good number who haven't. I guess it depends who we consider a "vet".

I'd estimate we'll have 10 or so teams to fill with new folks, which shouldn't be too hard.

[quote name='augmog']are the bears still available[/QUOTE]

Superstar had the Bears last season, I don't believe he's checked in yet. IIRC, he's a Cowboys fan, but I don't believe they're open to switch. Once uber's sent out his PMs, hopefully that will clear up exactly who's coming back and what teams will be open.

bread's done
Back