Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

grr... gotta wait til tomorrow to get my 2nd win of the season.

Deezy, i told u this would happen.

To the rest of the league, i'm noticing a trend that if someone does or says somethin that aint favored, it becomes "everyone gang up on him to prove how wrong/inconsiderate/etc... he is." I, for one, dont appreciate the references to Deezy's academic foundation for two reasons... #1. What he types is essentially how he talks and I understand it fully. My speech pattern in everyday convo resembles his linguistics and its got nothing to do with schooling. I've been a 3.5 student all my life and i've been to college so does that mean i had poor schooling? It's always been and always will be a fundamental cultural difference. Those of you who live in areas that are heavily populated with black people should know what i'm talking about. #2. WTH does that have to do with Madden? Since when did this become a forum for verbally attacking people u dont agree with?

To play devil's advocate tho, Deezy aint the most polite person thats posted in here but i understand his frustration with the rules and everything else. He could've chosen a different set of words in numerous posts but with everyone comoing down on him for what he thinks is BS, he's gonna be defensive. Helping out is one thing but rules being twisted, bent, or broken are really for Ubernes to deal with and nobody else. Bottom line is Deezy joined the league and if he dont wanna conform to the way the league is run, nobody's makin him stay. In the future, can we please keep posts relevant to Madden thru and thru? It starts off that way and turns into personal attacks, and I'm personally sick of sifting thru pages of nonsensical babble.

amen, deuce. not everyone that pops into the thread needs to comment on whatever shit is happening to hit the fan. I'm here to deal with it, let me deal with it and leave it be so it doesn't get dragged out any further than it needs to.

ps: i'm still riding high on my week 1 win over you haha. :) Darth would tell you how I was talking it up that weekend hah.

lol... that 4 point loss is my motivating force for the rest of the season... we had opportunities to win it and just couldnt close out the game. not the way i intended to open the season. so to everyone that's gonna get a (un)healthy dose of Ray Rice, u can thank Ubernes for lighting the fire under the Ravens' collective ass.

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']Sounds good. I will PM you for details.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. The only time I can't play is about 7:30 - 9:30 pm EST.

[quote name='sayHey']i've never played in a madden league before. i apologize[/QUOTE]

It's cool. Sorry for the way I came at you with that message. Been a rough day, didn't mean to throw my baggage at your doorstep.

[quote name='sayHey']i've never played in a madden league before. i apologize[/QUOTE]

None needed for me, I understand completely now that I know you haven't played in a league before. No hard feelings whatsoever, now you know. :D

[quote name='theredworm']BV (or anyone) if you want to run a couple tonight I'll be on after Entourage is on.[/QUOTE]

What time is that? I'm playing my game at 6 Pacific/9 Eastern and it would be cool to jump into some head to head or even team play if we could get people. I could throw on my headset for team play.

[quote name='ubernes']didn't you have this problem before? how'd you solve it?[/QUOTE]

That was against me. I solved it by fiddling with my router settings, I just PMed him what you posted last time which worked for me.

[quote name='Matt Young']What time is that? I'm playing my game at 6 Pacific/9 Eastern and it would be cool to jump into some head to head or even team play if we could get people. I could throw on my headset for team play.[/QUOTE]

like 10 cst, so little bit after your game

yeah I don't use my headset much unless it's a casual game or OTP

[quote name='theredworm']like 10 cst, so little bit after your game

yeah I don't use my headset much unless it's a casual game or OTP[/QUOTE]

Okay, that's about an hour to an hour and a half after our game should end, so I may get off and back on. Send me a friend request if you want. I cleared space.

I think the Jags and I might have to try again tomorrow, unless he hops back on in a little bit. It's been a long day for the Eagles...

Good game SolidDragon, I thought I was going to blow that comfy lead I had quite a few times. YEESH.

Colts 38, Broncos 20

Highlights to follow on the CAGFL franchise site. Uploading about 7 of 'em.

The game was much closer than the score indicates. Kyle Orton picked apart my defense in the air, but missed a few throws and those throws turned into points, putting the Broncos into a deeper hole.

The game started with a Broncos HB Knowshon Moreno fumble, that the Colts quickly turned into 3 points. The Broncos' QB Kyle Orton answered right back with a 53 yard strike to WR Brandon Stokley, but missed the extra point, putting the Broncos up 6-3. The Colts fired right back with a 71 yard bomb from Manning to Garcon, putting the Colts up 10-6 at the end of 1.

Going into the half up 14-6, Manning threw an interception, questionably leaving 3 points behind and giving the Broncos hope entering the second half.

With the Colts getting the ball to start the second half, they wasted no time getting things into high gear. A Manning to Wayne strike for 63 yards got things going for the Colts, leaving the Broncos' Kyle Orton to play catch up.

And catch up he did.

Firing off pass after pass, Orton slowly picked apart the Colts' passing defense, even hitting WR Eddie Royal for a connection of 55 yards, which lead to a Knowshon Moreno touchdown.

With the Broncos bringing the game within 4 (24-20), they opted to go for an onside kick, and paid dearly for it. The Colts not only recovered, but drove down the field and scored on a Manning-to-Garcon pass to put the Colts up 31-20.

The Broncos were not ready to give up, driving right down the field and keeping the Colts on their heels, only for Colts DB Jerraud Powers to step in front of a Kyle Orton pass in the endzone that would've given the Broncos hope of a comeback victory, and took it 103 yards for the score. (38-20)

Robert Mathis finished the game with 3 sacks. Bob Sanders finished with 7 tackles and 1 INT.

Colts
QB Manning - 10/16, 231 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT
HB Addai - 15 rushes, 117 yds, 1 TD
WR Garcon - 4 rec., 96 yds, 2 TD

Broncos
QB Orton - 17/29, 393 yds, 2 TD, 3 INT
HB Moreno - 11 rushes, 33 yds, 1 TD / 3 rec., 19 yds, 1 TD
TE Graham - 6 rec., 146 yds

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit in a bucket. That was the most fun I've ever had playing Madden. Thank you, Eddie, for an amazing game. It was just score after score after score. I won it with a field goal with about 5 seconds left in overtime.

I'll let bvharris handle the recap, but we had over 1,000 total yards between the 2 teams, and I believe 35 points were scored in the first quarter alone- 28 in the first couple minutes. I couldn't do anything but shake my head and smile whenever he responded directly to my touchdowns with touchdowns of his own, and it was probably the same way on his end. That was just nuts.

My only frustration came from missing an extra point and then sending the ensuing kickoff out of bounds due to kicking meter lag, but I made up for it with a 2 point conversion later on, thankfully. If I had lost by 1 point, I'd have been heartbroken. It's a shame that one of us had to lose the game at all.

Packers 52, Bears 49 (OT)

[quote name='HydroX']If we have a few CAGs on right now, it'd be pretty sweet to get an OTP game going. ;)[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree. I was expecting to get my UFC fight in with FrankySox, since he messaged me during the game I was playing vs. Chicago, but he has been away since my game ended. He's got people over at his place, so I guess he's busy with something. I'll get back on to play team play if we have a group.

[quote name='gbpackers94']How long do they take? I'm supposed to play my game at 12 est.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it's going to work. Seems like every time I post about doing an OTP game, everyone vanishes off the face of the planet.

I've been on the phone for an hour or so since I received calls from 2 different people. Last I checked, you were still waiting for teammates. I've been off the Xbox since my league game.

Twas a nice game messing with some randoms in online team play. Ran a sexy post route for a nice TD catch around their "prevent" coverage at 0:00 in the 2nd quarter, then turned around and returned the second half kickoff. Haha.

Is there any way to filter the highlights at all? I couldn't even figure out how to search by plays from each quarter. I just had a long list of plays from the whole game, so I didn't bother with it. Then again, I only messed with it for a minute.

Alright, for the Bengals/Panthers game I messaged him on Xbox Live and he said he can play anytime tomorrow so I just messaged him back an hour ago saying 3:00 p.m. EST tomorrow. I obviously haven't gotten a reply back yet but we should be okay unless he doesn't see my message by then.

On a side note...I'm playing an offline franchise with the Panthers and they've given me an insane amount of rain on every home game so far (around 5). I live in Charlotte and it really doesn't rain that much over here...I can't even remember the last time we had rain.

I want to start my franchise, but I really want to make sure I have the closest rosters to the official opening week ones as possible. Some players, like Graham Harrell, aren't even in the game with the current rosters.

Falcons 21, Saints 34
The game started out alright, with both teams stuffing each other on their first 2 drives when michael turner breaks a 75 yard TD run giving the Falcons a 7 point lead. Following the kickoff the Drew Brees throws a strike to a wide open Marques Colston for an 83 yard TD pass, tieing the game at 7. Soon after the Falcons stopped the Saints, leading to a 63 yard TD pass giving the Falcons a 14-7 lead. Nothing much happens until the last play in the 1st half, with 4 seconds left the Falcons start a pass play to try and extend their lead to 14, this plan backfires as the Saints force a fumble and take it to the house as time expires to tie the game at 14. To open the half the Saints drive down the field to kick a field goal giving them a 14-17 lead. After the kickoff the Falcons make a drive of their own scoring on an 80 yard screen pass to none other than Michael Turner giving them the lead back at 21-17. On the next drive the Saints score on an 83 yard TD pass to Pierre Thomas, caused by the Atlanta CB going for a pick and failing miserably, 21-24 Saints. On that kick off the Falcons decide to attempt their first kickoff return resulting in a Jerious Norwood fumble recovered by the Saints at the 17 yard line. The Falcons D stops them, forcing a New Orleans field goal, 21-31 Saints. Going into the 4th quarter there is still hope for the Falcons, but not for long, as the Saints easily stop their desperate 4th down attempts in their own territory. This leads to a 22 yard TD run by Pierre Thomas, making the score 21-38 which is where it would stay. On the Falcons next drive they throw a pick, effectively ending their smallest chances at a comeback. From here the Saints run out the clock.
Final Score ATL: 21, NO:38

I didn't want to write up a recap earlier, and I figure bvharris will do it once all games are played anyway, but I wanted to illustrate how insane the game between me and the Bears was. I forgot to mention before that I scored on my first offensive play, calling an audible on a passing play and rushing 80+ yards with Ryan Grant for the TD and an achievement. Eddie answered right back, scoring quickly in, I believe, 3-4 plays, and it just blew up from there. We both kept scoring big play after big play, and it literally came down to the very last seconds of overtime:

cagfl11week3.png

Hey MasterAwesome, didn't see your most recent XBL reply since I haven't been on my 360 in a while. 3:00 Eastern works for me. Hopefully this one goes a little better than our scrimmage the other day.

Edit: Reply also sent on XBL.

[quote name='ubernes']Games I'd like to hear the status on...

Vikings/Lions
Bengals/Panthers

everyone else seems to be in communication.[/QUOTE]

Vikes msg'd me via XBL and I responded to tell him I am available today or tomorrow after 6pmEST. Waiting for response.

re: Recaps

Anyone who wants to write them up in that style like gbpackers did, I'm more than happy to post them verbatim. Saves me the trouble. :D

This week's recaps will probably be up midway through week 4, I have a busy first part of the week at work so I don't know yet when I'll have time to write them, but I'll get 'em done.

Also, Power Rankings are still on the horizon for Week 4, which I know is what everyone is waiting for. ;)

Oh, and sorry I didn't hop in that team play game last night. I'm re-playing Fallout 3 and I was in the zone. :D

[quote name='bvharris']re: Recaps

Anyone who wants to write them up in that style like gbpackers did, I'm more than happy to post them verbatim. Saves me the trouble. :D

This week's recaps will probably be up midway through week 4, I have a busy first part of the week at work so I don't know yet when I'll have time to write them, but I'll get 'em done.

Also, Power Rankings are still on the horizon for Week 4, which I know is what everyone is waiting for. ;)

Oh, and sorry I didn't hop in that team play game last night. I'm re-playing Fallout 3 and I was in the zone. :D[/QUOTE]

It's cool, we'll have to do it another time.

bread's done
Back