Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Deuce20602']whats the news on the Browns?[/QUOTE]

DeskLaser is taking them over. I just PMed him. Feel free to do the same to set up a time today, last I spoke to him he said his day was more or less wide open.

[quote name='ubernes']DeskLaser is taking them over. I just PMed him. Feel free to do the same to set up a time today, last I spoke to him he said his day was more or less wide open.[/QUOTE]

DeskLaser has already joined as the Chiefs....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']DeskLaser has already joined as the Chiefs....[/QUOTE]

He's switching. We were still hoping on the Browns owner to show, but we can't wait for him anymore. I have someone that will take over the Chiefs this evening though. So every team should once again be filled.

[quote name='ubernes']He's switching. We were still hoping on the Browns owner to show, but we can't wait for him anymore. I have someone that will take over the Chiefs this evening though. So every team should once again be filled.[/QUOTE]

That works..

Ravens 55
Browns 0

Not much in the line of highlights... Ray Rice and Willis McGahee combined for 36 carries for 259 yds and 5 TDs. Joe Cool had a perfect passer rating: 5-6, 75 yds, 1 TD. Ed Reed led the defense with 3 INTs.

Dolphins are right up there with them. Just had a bad 2nd half last week! although, kudos to the jets for knocking out the big wigs:d

[quote name='bvharris']:wave:

;)[/QUOTE]

You only lost once? :shock:

(hahah I'm going to stop myself here before I dig myself into a hole)

edit: all this talk has me excited to see how the power rankings shape up!

update on the remaining games:

Bengals vs Panthers (3pm EST today)
Vikings vs Lions (today or tomorrow after 6pm EST)
Giants vs Titans (I'm going to guess BigAT will be facing the CPU)
Steelers vs Bucs (6:30/7pm EST tonight)
Eagles vs Jags (trying again today? did either of you guys open ports? I think BV sent the Jags info on it)
Raiders vs Cards (sometime tonight)

my guesstimate for advancing would be around 7pm EST Tuesday. the only game in question is the Jags/Eagles and hopefully they are able to figure out what's up today.

[quote name='ubernes']
edit: all this talk has me excited to see how the power rankings shape up![/QUOTE]

I've actually already started thinking about who'll be where, but I'm giving it another week so things solidify. I don't think it would shock anyone to learn who's at #1 though.

[quote name='bvharris']I've actually already started thinking about who'll be where, but I'm giving it another week so things solidify. I don't think it would shock anyone to learn who's at #1 though.[/QUOTE]

He's untested! I object!

Just took a look at the undefeated teams still: Jets, Steelers, Texans, Raiders, Giants, Niners. Raiders and Steelers still need to play their week 3 games though.

[quote name='ubernes']He's untested! I object![/QUOTE]

Haha, fake object all you want. He's #1 until he loses, plus I'll be putting a big old target on his back.

Oh, and don't think I'm above dropping myself lower in the Power Rankings in order to lower expectations.

Speaking of which, I've come up with the team motto for my Chargers: Boring Ball. Not the games themselves, but just the style of play. Looking at all the box scores doing the recaps, I think almost every game in the league which wasn't some crazy shootout or blowout has involved me in some way. I blame the fact that I've played 3 straight games in the rain.

you can put the 49ers at the bottom of the power rankings, i need some better DB's and Im not going to last long with Nate Davis running the team with a whopping 65 ovr rating lol

Just so there's no mix up... the power rankings will be based on BV's opinion. obviously he'll use box scores, strength of schedule, etc to base that opinion. but the free agent waiver rankings, which will decide who can pick up people first, will be a strict math thing. I forget the details, but record will probably be the most important with the tiebreaker being PF (points for) minus PA (points against).

Panthers over Bengals 31-17...Deangelo Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Bengals are some physical S.O.B.'s...I had 4 or 5 people injured that had to be taken out for the whole game (by the 3rd quarter). Right now I have 2 players out for 2 weeks and one out for 10 weeks. I think 3 or 4 of their injuries were a result of trying to tackle Cedric Benson...that guy doesn't play around.

[quote name='ubernes']Just so there's no mix up... the power rankings will be based on BV's opinion. obviously he'll use box scores, strength of schedule, etc to base that opinion. but the free agent waiver rankings, which will decide who can pick up people first, will be a strict math thing. I forget the details, but record will probably be the most important with the tiebreaker being PF (points for) minus PA (points against).[/QUOTE]

Good, I still don't really want any targets on my back, lol I like to stay Low Key until playoffs if I make it that is lol.

[quote name='MasterAwesome'] I think 3 or 4 of their injuries were a result of trying to tackle Cedric Benson...that guy doesn't play around.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised a RB could cause so many injuries.. Based on the tackling mechanics this year I assumed they were all made of some bouncy rubber-like material. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I'm surprised a RB could cause so many injuries.. Based on the tackling mechanics this year I assumed they were all made of some bouncy rubber-like material. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah...unfortunately my players' ribs and disks are highly vulnerable to rubber.

And poor Jake Delhomme...he's gone through 2 owners and they've already managed to give him 15 picks over 2 games...wait that sounds about right actually (coming from a Panthers fan).

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Panthers over Bengals 31-17...Deangelo Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Bengals are some physical S.O.B.'s...I had 4 or 5 people injured that had to be taken out for the whole game (by the 3rd quarter). Right now I have 2 players out for 2 weeks and one out for 10 weeks. I think 3 or 4 of their injuries were a result of trying to tackle Cedric Benson...that guy doesn't play around.[/QUOTE]

Im happy to see Deangelo Williams is in good hands.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Panthers over Bengals 31-17...Deangelo Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Bengals are some physical S.O.B.'s...I had 4 or 5 people injured that had to be taken out for the whole game (by the 3rd quarter). Right now I have 2 players out for 2 weeks and one out for 10 weeks. I think 3 or 4 of their injuries were a result of trying to tackle Cedric Benson...that guy doesn't play around.[/QUOTE]

What a brutal game. Any time DeAngelo Williams made it into the open field, he was gone. I don't know exactly what the yards per carry number was, but it was something ridiculous (at one point I saw that he had 7 carries for over 170 yards). I thought I had one last chance when I recovered an onside kick with just over two minutes left in the game, but then I threw an interception. Oh well, still a good game. Sorry about the injuries!

That reminds me, one silver lining in my game with the Seahawks was that I also successfully recovered an onside kick after scoring a TD to bring it to 28-21. Of course I didn't score on the drive, but it felt nice to know it's actually possible to get those if you hit it right.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']The Jaguars and Eagles are going to try and get their game in again tonight. Connection issues for like 30 minutes last night.[/QUOTE]

BV can you forward the PM you sent to the Jags last night to Pacer in case the Jags go through those steps and it doesn't work for him. Maybe it's on Pacer's end.

I think the best course of action would be to temporarily boot me from the league and let the Jags play our Week 3 game. I have no idea what the problem is, but it appears to me on my end. I was able to connect with the Lions in Week 2, though and my settings didn't change since then....

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Good, I still don't really want any targets on my back, lol I like to stay Low Key until playoffs if I make it that is lol.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the numbers for Chargers vs. Seahawks game, it SEEMS our division got a little more interesting with SayHey in the mix.

NFC west gots street cred now, yo.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I think the best course of action would be to temporarily boot me from the league and let the Jags play our Week 3 game. I have no idea what the problem is, but it appears to me on my end. I was able to connect with the Lions in Week 2, though and my settings didn't change since then....[/QUOTE]

Your NAT must be set to Moderate.

What kind of router are you using?

Also: Is there anyone else having connection issues in the league?

[quote name='HydroX']Your NAT must be set to Moderate.

Also: Is there anyone else having connection issues in the league?[/QUOTE]

I've had problems connecting with bv and uberness in unranked games.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I've had problems connecting with bv and uberness in unranked games.[/QUOTE]

Define "problems connecting" .. you can't connect at all, or you connect and lag really bad?

[quote name='HydroX']Your NAT must be set to Moderate.

Also: Is there anyone else having connection issues in the league?[/QUOTE]

I think it is Moderate.

I have a Verizon-issued modem.

Zurezo... That was one heck of game. Definitely very intense. Bucs over Steelers in OT. 34-28. Thanks for fun man. That OT was pretty nuts.

oooooooo... Zurezo losing makes our week 4 matchup a battle for the division and Ray Rice can claim the rushing yards lead too!!!! The Ravens are motivated and ready to go...:bouncy:

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I think it is Moderate.

I have a Verizon-issued modem.[/QUOTE]

I'll look into it and see if I can find anything out. I had issues with my Cox Cable-issued modem and router, never noticed that my NAT was set to Moderate for about 7-8 months, then Red Faction: Guerrilla online wouldn't let me do anything without changing it. After a week or so of messing with Google searches and settings I finally figured out how to change it.

Anyway, if you have a router, it's easy to fix. If all you have is a Verizon-based DSL modem, I'm guessing you're fucked. I'll see what I can do, though.

You should be able to test it on your 360, under Network Settings.

Is it the Westell 7500? That's their newest modem if you have their DSL. FIOS, I have no idea. If you have the 7500, it's a pain in the ass to get the NAT set to open on that one. I had to talk to Verizon tech support for an hour or so long ago in order to get mine set to open, and to stay that way.

bread's done
Back