Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Alright, get this. I'm getting points now for playing Ultimate Team games. If I play games with two minute quarters, I get 275 coins deducted, which means I wind up with around 350-400 or so coins per game. If I play with three minute quarters, I get 318 coins deducted which results in 275-350 or so coins total. What kind of sense does that make? I figured you'd get less coins taken away the longer the games are, but I guess it works the opposite way. Alrighty then.

[quote name='gbpackers94']You were a good fair opponent but I just could not stop the outside pitches no matter what I did. I just don't understand the play calling at all. Anyone got any tips? I'm getting crushed every match.[/QUOTE]

Try bringing the CB in on a blitz or bring your DE out to where they are tossing it. Other than that, spread your defense if you have a hunch on a toss play so they don't get congested. You burned me really bad on outside runs at the start of the game, so I adjusted these factors and it seemed to keep Benson from breaking huge gains.

Woohoo this is so exciting! I won my first game despite fumbling it on 2 out of my 3 kickoff returns (wtf?) without my opponent hit sticking or stripping the ball...that was pretty dumb but I won so it's okay. I am definitely gonna have fun controlling Jon Beason this season, had 2 picks with him before my opponent left in the 3rd quarter. I'm glad they changed how the stats play out if your opponent leaves...that was stupid in '10 where you could either leave and have the game not count (unless I was reading it wrong) or you would have to stay and play out the rest of the game to get the win. In this one, you don't even get the choice to finish the game which is a little upsetting for me, but at least you get the option to leave and count the game too.

And yeah...I haven't been able to use Ultimate Team yet because of too many users or whatever. Alright I'm just gonna sit in the lobby for a while if anyone wants to invite me to a game or anything.

Thanks. We should have a grudge match later. [quote name='HydroX']Try bringing the CB in on a blitz or bring your DE out to where they are tossing it. Other than that, spread your defense if you have a hunch on a toss play so they don't get congested. You burned me really bad on outside runs at the start of the game, so I adjusted these factors and it seemed to keep Benson from breaking huge gains.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I need to check in since ubernes "liked" my Facebook status update from a few hours ago with a pic of my copy, but hey, I'm here! Haven't played yet; trying to sort out PSN bullshit with Sony first.

So what exactly factors in when a player fumbles the ball? Is it the fault of the person controlling the runner, or the defense or is it luck? I'm only asking because I'm practicing with the Bears online and I got 6 fumbles with Forte in two games, including 4 in my last game which I ended up losing 38-35. Not sure if I'm doing something or just an amazing string of bad luck on my end.

Jesus, Jack Tatum would be rolling over in his grave if someone called this football. Defense is simply.......I cant even think of a word that would describe it.

Someone explain to me what the hell locomotion actually does? It just seems like its easier to grossly unrealistic cuts without any loss of momentum.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Jesus, Jack Tatum would be rolling over in his grave if someone called this football. Defense is simply.......I cant even think of a word that would describe it.

Someone explain to me what the hell locomotion actually does? It just seems like its easier to grossly unrealistic cuts without any loss of momentum.[/QUOTE]

It means running backs and receivers can turn on a dime but defenders handle like rusty shopping carts.

[quote name='gbpackers94']So we all agree defense is pretty busted? Maybe we should play on all madden and see if that prevents these huge plays.[/QUOTE]
I think the overall concensus has been that D has been raped with the nerf bat. With the amount of talent in the league I'm extremely curious who will be the offensive leader in the league.

This will be the first year that I will have to dive into this world of sliders. I cant finish 1 qrt without simply turning it off

Lets start getting the league schedule together, thats the only bright spot for me right now.

Hoping someone can help me on here. I just picked up Madden 11, created my franchise and am all set to play.

Only the game will not load. When I try to start my first preseason game, it gets to the loading screen and just stops.

Has anyone else had this problem today? I tried playing it from installed on the hard drive and also from the disc itself. Neither works.

Extremely frustrating.

Thanks for any help.

wow just read the last couple pages of this thread and it seems the sky is indeed falling

I'm having fun with the game, that's what I care about.

[quote name='BigAT']It means running backs and receivers can turn on a dime but defenders handle like rusty shopping carts.[/QUOTE]

I saw this several times during online play. An offensive player running full speed will stop dead in his tracks to juke defenders who run right by unable to stop. Same thing happens on kick returns.

I've never been one to rail against yearly updates in Madden, but the offenses are ridiculous. For example, in our last season last year I allowed less than 20 points a game, but have yet to yield less than 30 in a game so far in Madden 11.

Anything new even minor, in Franchise? I'm not sure how they don't improve Franchise mode and call this game an upgrade. More like an UPDATE. I also find it ridiculous how this game is receiving 8's and 9's even though it seems it should be more like a 7. I'm not sure about most people but i spend most of my time in Franchise and Quickplay mode not in fucking Online. Its games like this that made EA lose to 2k in basketball for the past couple years. Bring back 2k Sports for football!

[quote name='fazfznz']Anything new even minor, in Franchise? I'm not sure how they don't improve Franchise mode and call this game an upgrade. More like an UPDATE. I also find it ridiculous how this game is receiving 8's and 9's even though it seems it should be more like a 7. I'm not sure about most people but i spend most of my time in Franchise and Quickplay mode not in fucking Online. Its games like this that made EA lose to 2k in basketball for the past couple years. Bring back 2k Sports for football![/QUOTE]

I only play Online Franchise, but that is EXACTLY the same. I haven't tried out offline franchise, but it's my understanding that they didn't do anything to that either.

I just beat Mr. Grand Chru 49ers 45 -28 (ish....already forgot the score) I also hit him with a Colts like random onside kick that I recovered and eventually scored on. He was beating me up until then.....that was a hell of a game changer.

Over all, I have to get used to some things and figure out what the hell I am going to do as far as defense goes. I can still user pick and user cover with the best of them. Although there seems to be some type of hitch when controlling a defender...its easier to strafe the entire length of the field instead of turning and running.

EDIT: Can you not change the music in this years version? I went to go find the name of a song and couldnt find the EA TRAX juke box anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
BigAT as far as I'm concerned the season ended after our win against WVU, that was the most exciting sporting event I've ever attended. Playing the Orange Bowl against crappy WF that year was a disgrace.

Got the game today, checking in. Haven't had much time to play, but I'll be playing for the next hour or two if anyone wants to scrimmage.

I'm going to start marking the OP with those who checked in/posted as of Tuesday at midnight so we can see easily who hasn't.

Also, I hate that UPS is going to hold me hostage tomorrow as I sit around and twiddle my thumbs waiting for them to ring my doorbell.

[quote name='fazfznz']Anything new even minor, in Franchise? I'm not sure how they don't improve Franchise mode and call this game an upgrade. More like an UPDATE. I also find it ridiculous how this game is receiving 8's and 9's even though it seems it should be more like a 7. I'm not sure about most people but i spend most of my time in Franchise and Quickplay mode not in fucking Online. Its games like this that made EA lose to 2k in basketball for the past couple years. Bring back 2k Sports for football![/QUOTE]

2K's been leading the basketball race for many years, and EA's been winning the hockey battle. I think nostalgia clouds people's memories of the 2K football games, however. I loved them and owned all of them from day one, 9/9/99 with NFL 2K on the Dreamcast.

However, they were more arcade-style in the gameplay than Madden has been for the last few years, at least. All-Pro Football 2K8 on the 360 just reminded me of that. The 2K series was excellent and pioneered and shaped the whole concept of online sports leagues and web interactivity (sites for leagues, etc.) on consoles, but I still think the last couple Maddens have been better simulations of the sport of football.

ubernes, from where did you order your game? I've never had to sign for anything from Amazon except my Wii, and I figured that was due to the package containing over $200 worth of merchandise. Otherwise, games are delivered to my door and left there. Pretty sure Amazon uses FedEx, though.

Speaking of Amazon, for those who ordered from there, in case you didn't see the e-mail:

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Madden NFL 11 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 9/30/2010. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotional credit must be used by September 30, 2010. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

So, a month and a half. That's kind of shitty, but NHL 11 and Halo: Reach are coming in September, so I do have stuff to use it on.

Yeah, Amazon's credits always seem to expire too quickly. I'm using mine on Metroid: Other M, which also comes with a $20 credit.

[quote name='Matt Young']
ubernes, from where did you order your game? I've never had to sign for anything from Amazon except my Wii, and I figured that was due to the package containing over $200 worth of merchandise. Otherwise, games are delivered to my door and left there. Pretty sure Amazon uses FedEx, though.

Speaking of Amazon, for those who ordered from there, in case you didn't see the e-mail:

So, a month and a half. That's kind of shitty, but NHL 11 and Halo: Reach are coming in September, so I do have stuff to use it on.[/QUOTE]

Amazon. They seem to use UPS and USPS from my experiences with them. The USPS has a key to the apartment building so they are able to put anything they deliver inside the building or (if it fits) the mailboxes. But with UPS, since I live in NYC, my packages would pretty much be sitting on the sidewalk for anyone to grab if UPS had to leave it on my door. So they make sure someone from the building at least puts it inside or they don't leave it.

And great eye on the Amazon credit. Wow. I bet a lot of people are going to miss that. Luckily for me I was planning on grabbing the new Fallout so I'll be sure to use that credit before it expires for that.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I just beat Mr. Grand Chru 49ers 45 -28 (ish....already forgot the score) I also hit him with a Colts like random onside kick that I recovered and eventually scored on. He was beating me up until then.....that was a hell of a game changer.

Over all, I have to get used to some things and figure out what the hell I am going to do as far as defense goes. I can still user pick and user cover with the best of them. Although there seems to be some type of hitch when controlling a defender...its easier to strafe the entire length of the field instead of turning and running.

EDIT: Can you not change the music in this years version? I went to go find the name of a song and couldnt find the EA TRAX juke box anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Yea good game last night, that rb screen is ridiculous I try not to use it much myself, If I haven't checked in officially yet I want to go ahead and do that now . Mr Grand Cru here checking in with the 49ers. I also wanted to know have we decided when we are starting and what's going on with trades, because I am definitley going to have to move somebody to get a cornerback I that can play man coverage and has some speed.

The OP is now updated with check-ins marked. Right now only 11 of you haven't checked in yet, so I'd say we're in decent shape. Please check in and let us know if or when you'll be getting the game. Thanks.

We shouldn't be surprised that the game is geared towards offensive even more so this year. EA said they wanted to make it so that people could pick up the game and play right away. That's why they have the "GameFlow" option and probably why the defense has been downgraded. I've noticed that at times the run game is even easier, with holes forming as time develops.

Speaking of GameFlow, has anyone tried enough of it to give an impression? I assume most of us (including me) have been using the conventional play selection, but I'm curious if anyone's adopting GameFlow.

I've been playing Madden for years and I love GameFlow. I love that I feel like I live and die by the intelligence of my coordinators. It is pretty easy to pick the same 10 plays over and over on offense, but here I find myself running plays I'd never call myself.

On defense it's a god send because I never really felt I was calling the best plays, always getting burned on something.

But the injuries in this game, oh my god the injuries.

[quote name='TooShort4']il jump on the waiting list for the texans haha.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Buddy! The Texans' owner (me) isn't going anywhere....;)

[quote name='bvharris']Speaking of GameFlow, has anyone tried enough of it to give an impression? I assume most of us (including me) have been using the conventional play selection, but I'm curious if anyone's adopting GameFlow.[/QUOTE]

I used it a couple times, mostly on accident but I would say it isn't bad. The problem I had and the problem I've read a lot of people take issue with is that it's fine on offense but sucks on D. Worst case scenario on offense you can audible at the line. What I didn't like is using it on D. It doesn't take into account at all the formation of the opponent, only the down and yards to 1st. So it would be 2nd and 5 or 1st and 10 and you could be packing the line to stop the run and the other team could be 5 wide shotgun. Calling an audible isn't as easy either because the CPU or the human opponent will hike it before you can adjust and even if you do you could still have the wrong personnel out there (DE or OLB playing the role of a CB).

GameFlow is probably fine on D when playing the CPU now that I think of it though, since they play more conventional. But I've played many online matches in Madden 10 where someone would sit in shutgun all day. GameFlow would probably get beat plenty then, especially on 1st down.

[quote name='410deezy']Y0UNG DEEZY checkin in wit da cheifs should have madden today or tommorow[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you're my first opponent, so if you want to start thinking about a time this weekend we could play, I'm ready to plan it. Sunday would probably work best for me, but I could do any day pretty much.

I love how EA can just never think to improve the simplest of things. So am playing Madden Moments which in my opinion is one of the better modes in the game and noticed they still have not added a simply restart button.

Why do I have to play out the entire rest of the game which could be anywhere from 3-5min when its clear I cant win? Now I have to quit out, load the main screen, select again, load the moment and then try again.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I love how EA can just never think to improve the simplest of things. So am playing Madden Moments which in my opinion is one of the better modes in the game and noticed they still have not added a simply restart button.

Why do I have to play out the entire rest of the game which could be anywhere from 3-5min when its clear I cant win? Now I have to quit out, load the main screen, select again, load the moment and then try again.[/QUOTE]

I was playing some of those yesterday and the same thing bothered me. Thankfully most of them are pretty short, but I absolutely agree you should be able to restart them at any time.

[quote name='bvharris']Speaking of GameFlow, has anyone tried enough of it to give an impression? I assume most of us (including me) have been using the conventional play selection, but I'm curious if anyone's adopting GameFlow.[/QUOTE]

Gameflow is nothing, its not good its not bad its just there.

This is the difference between a company like EA Tiburon and EA Canada (Fifa) or 2k Sports. 2k/EA Canada would have added this feature in 2 months and the only thing you would have heard about it was a little blurb on the back of the box. Tiburon on the other hand spends an entire fucking year and millions of ad dollars hyping on something that is nothing more than a slightly enhanced version of a feature they already have.

Think about it...they could have easily said..."Hey guys we added the ability to add some of your own plays to Ask Madden so that you are more in control of it." Since of course Ask Madden was suppose to give you the best plays in any situation...it was just broken so most people ignored it.

Gameflow doesnt make the game any faster if you take into account that in order to get it to work properly you have to spend hours in the Create Gameplan screen fine tuning EVERY fuckING PLAYBOOK IN THE GAME. Not to mention coming back after you find out that certain plays work better than others.

Its a completely pointless feature that they choose to work on instead of fixing/improving important things like Online/Offline Franchise, tackling, defense...etc...etc.

Its completely idiotic and speaks volumes about the company and their direction. Its prove that they will never fix anything to the core gameplay because they would rather base their entire campaign something that can be turned off.

As long as everyone (including us) keep buying it every year, they have no reason to really change anything. It's a pretty pessimistic way of doing business, but it is what it is.

I know and agree, I also applaud EA for knowing that my love of the NFL would outweigh my hatred for their game.

And its not a EA things....if the Titans came out with True Blue Titans Football with official rosters I would buy that. The fact is that I can only get NFL football through madden so madden is what I buy. (Very cheap by the way..this year got it for 32 bucks after tax)

I eagerly await for the license to go back to the free market. The courts have already finished the 2nd leg of making this happen when they ruled that the NFL is 32 separate corporations and not 1 entity therefor no one can own a blanket contract with the entire league. Meaning...EA would have to get 32 separate exclusives contracts for each team which I am sure even they cant afford.

I'm about ready to give up on this game.

Why even have stuff like engage 8 if it NEVER works. I know they're rushing, so I throw everyone onto the running back, yet he still breaks out for like a 15 yard gain. What the fuck? Why are all runningbacks Superman this year? Why can they shed like ten guys piling onto them? Why do defenders control like COMPLETE shit?

I just had to turn the game off because I'm so pissed. TWO bombs to a wide open Brandon Marshall and he misses them both. The first one, he STOPS MID ROUTE AND TURNS AROUND. WHAT!? Why the fuck would he do this? The second one, he DOESN'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO CATCH THE BALL. The worst part, I would switch to him and manually catch it, but for some reason when I try to change players, it goes to a random person somewhere else on the field. Yeah, that's exactly what I want to do, fuck controlling the receiver, I want to play as the fullback that's somewhere over by the sidelines.

I hate this game.

bread's done
Back