Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='msuna']can anyone get on the madden ultimate team feature, server says its always full. WTF???[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother if I were you. If your opponent quits on you with even one second left in the fourth quarter you get absolutely NOTHING. No win, no coins, it's as though the game never took place.

There's no real measures in place to prevent someone from doing this. I had it happen to me in the first match I tried after I was up a couple of touchdowns in the fourth. One time was more than enough for me to write it off, it's a poorly designed mode to anyway.

[quote name='msuna']do i have to buy cards first anyway, i have never done it at all[/QUOTE]

I think they give you a starter pack with a bunch of really horrible players, like nobody over 65 overall. You can then choose to upgrade your roster by buying packs of cards or buying individual cards. Buying Platinum or Ultimate Packs are probably worth it in the long run unless you know which players that have low ratings are actually really good (ex. Tashard Choice, rated OVR 78 -- actually a really good RB if you don't have a stud like AP)

But yeah, I would avoid the game mode altogether unless you have friends that play it. Random idiots will ruin it for you every time.

You have the option of playing Madden Ultimate Team against the CPU too, that's what I did the one time I was able to actually connect to Ultimate Team. You can choose what team to play against, so if you just want to get coins as easily as possible you can just play against the Rams, Lions, Bucs, etc. over and over again as many times as you want. Although the team I got with my starter pack was still 10 points worse overall than the Rams (I was rated 58 I think). I still win my games pretty easily though so I wouldn't worry too much about that. You get a lot of coins deducted for making it under 5 minute quarters so I would suggest playing 5 minute quarters with 25 second clock runoff. Winning a game that way got me around 750 coins.

If you're crazy, then you can use MS points to buy coins. Otherwise, it seems like anykind of online game will net you some coins(so standard or in the UT mode). Most I ever had so far was a little bit over 1000 in a UT game. Lowest was like 200 coins, and that was in a standard online game.

Anyways, what's the deal with the league so far? I joined the one that was talked about in the last page, but I was the fifth person who joined. Not sure if you guys were just experimenting with some of the features or if that's the real deal.

[quote name='eddie291']
Anyways, what's the deal with the league so far? I joined the one that was talked about in the last page, but I was the fifth person who joined. Not sure if you guys were just experimenting with some of the features or if that's the real deal.[/QUOTE]

As of now we're waiting on word for the most updated rosters. Right now we seem to be working with some wacky rosters that aren't even the same as the out of box Madden 11. I don't see the point of going forward with inviting everyone and getting everyone to join if we're going to end up doing it all over again. So hold tight and hopefully by Friday things will be more clear and official invites can be sent out.

Dude, this game is so boring online its unbearable. Pass, Pass, Pass, Pass, offense, offense, offense, offense. Tactics? What are those? Balance? Whats that? Thought into game planning? Urhg?

Every game I play 35 points are scored easily. I am probably one of the better defenders you will see and just pitiful. I am superb at user controlling a CB (no pussy FS or SS for me LOL) and locking down your number 1 WR but cant trust my line to get sacks (I get pressure all day but QB are able to throw perfect strikes while being tackled so its pointless) cant trust my LB to make tackles or cover anyone past 3 steps, cant trust the other DB to stay with their guys. I have soooo many dropped INT its embarrassing.

All I can do is shrug and hope EA gets off their ass and gets the roster for online up so we can start the league.

I want to play better but I refuse to glitch the game. I have thrown 5 or 6 INT to DE running Bubble Screens, Flip Screens, Slot Screens, ETC because those plays are pretty broken. I could easily run 10 RB screen for 10000000 yards but I cant lower myself to that level. I can nano blitz everyone to death but whats the point of that? Madden wouldnt bother me so much if it didnt out right punish me for playing real football.

madden11-1.jpg
LOL

I don't know what you guys are talking about with these 70-something scores. I just had a good game with red worm and the score was essentially 28-7, and I felt like I played a better than average game. (The actual score was 34-7, I didn't really need to put the last one in I just hate wasting the clock. Tried to just hurry up and call a play, but by the time I did it only left 3 seconds on the clock anyways so it looked like a dick move more than me giving him possession back) I got lucky on a couple fumbles. I thought it was only 1, but the stats said Lowery recovered 2 if I wasn't mistaken. Either way, I lucked out on the one I remember.

I used GameFlow for most of the game. I actually liked it.

[quote name='theredworm']anyone for the facebook squad thing for 20,000 coins?

I've set it up and just need 3 more people.[/QUOTE]

Is it set up so that you can join 10, or create 10? Because I made one earlier. It was funny- I found out about the thing through Operation Sports, but I was the one who had to tell them that the reason their Online Pass codes came back as "invalid" in the squad thing was because they didn't include the hyphens, after multiple pages of people asking why it didn't work.

2 of my good friends are huge into Ultimate Team, so I'm trying it out and more coins is a good thing.

Just had a fantastic game with Ivan. Again, another real football score 28-24. He was sitting up 14-0 at the half, but I was receiving and felt like it was only a matter of time before things clicked at least a little. The make or break play was probably coming out of the half a little frustrated I threw one up for Edwards to get on a deep route and he came down with it contested. 55 yards, I believe. After that things started working in the passing game. Benson is a damn beast though. Looking forward to the rematch when it counts haha.

[quote name='Matt Young']Is it set up so that you can join 10, or create 10? Because I made one earlier. It was funny- I found out about the thing through Operation Sports, but I was the one who had to tell them that the reason their Online Pass codes came back as "invalid" in the squad thing was because they didn't include the hyphens, after multiple pages of people asking why it didn't work.

2 of my good friends are huge into Ultimate Team, so I'm trying it out and more coins is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

create 10 and join 1

I've joined one, don't know how many need to be in it and when/how I get my coins.

I've been playing Franchise the past couple of days using the My Skill difficulty. I was never a big fan of it before and used All-Madden in 10 but for 11 it seems like that perfect balance between the realistc tackling in All-Pro and the challenge of All-Madden. My Run defense is rated a 14, one point lower then All-Madden, and I'm not having any issues with a back like Forsett running for 150+ yards, hulking all my DBs at once every play.

[quote name='theredworm']create 10 and join 1

I've joined one, don't know how many need to be in it and when/how I get my coins.[/QUOTE]

I'll join yours if you shoot me an invite. What do you need to invite? Just be facebook friends or something?

I also created one...

The best chance at a onside kick is as follows.

Press A, let it charge to 45% ish and the dont press anything at all. The aiming sliders should be all the way to the left a the end. This should give you enough bounce to get it.

Too much power sends it 20 yards down field, not enough sends it right to your player for a penalty.

[quote name='theredworm']anyone for the facebook squad thing for 20,000 coins?

I've set it up and just need 3 more people.[/QUOTE]

I will be in. What is this your referring to. PM me.

I agree with waiting to start the franchise until the rosters are fixed.

Since we have no idea how long that'll be (and knowing how much EA cares about that feature, I could see it being a week or two) I'd like to suggest an alternative in the meantime: Why don't we kick off Madden 11 the same way we retired Madden 10 - with a mini-tournament? That would give everyone a chance to get some more practice in as their teams (maybe it should be seeded so division rivals are in different sections of the bracket).

Just a thought.

I wish EA would would take the next step on certain things and really take the time to make it great.

For madden moments they need to use the roster of last year. You cant replicate moment in time if the players are not there. That what makes it special. When Ray Lewis crushed Darren Sproiles in the backfield to seal the deal it exciting. What if Ray retired? I guess I would just use Suggs.

Also the commentary needs to be change for the madden moments. Its embarrassing start one up thats suppose to be a 4th qrt comeback and have Gus talking about how Greg Jennings has made is first catch of the game.

I still really like MM I just wish they would put some effort into it.

Hey redworm, what's the facebook squad thing and how does it work, and broadway row what time will you be online tonight ?

Online Team Play is pretty cool, as long as the kids on the other team don't quit after they go down 7-0 in the first quarter.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey redworm, what's the facebook squad thing and how does it work, and broadway row what time will you be online tonight ?[/QUOTE]

I'm off today so after I get some bball in over the next couple hours I'm open all day. So I'd say between 3pm and 8 or 9 before I head out tonight I'm available. If anyone wants to scrim just pick a time and let's do this!

[quote name='bvharris']Did you see my tournament suggestion?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes. Great idea. Should we do that for Friday? I don't think we're going to see this patched until the end of the weekend at the earliest. So let's do the tournament.

First round will be Friday and Saturday.

I'll make up the bracket just like last time, trying to keep division rivals away from each other until later rounds. In fact, I'd love to have each opening round game AFC vs NFC. Depending on the number of teams (and status of the patch) maybe we'll do double elimination again.

So post in here and let me know if you want in. first 16 teams? 20? 24? I guess we'll see how the interest goes. Cutoff for sign ups will be late tonight/early tomorrow with the bracket coming out 2-3am EST today or early morning.

I would be in for the tournament as long as I could play my first round game Friday (or Sunday), I have a wedding Saturday so I won't be around.

Some "advice" involving MUT. I recommend buying the bronze packs in the beginning, and then posting cards like team uniforms, coaches and stadiums on the auction block for the minimum 500.

It costs 50 coins to put a card on the block, but you can quickly flip that into 500 depending on how long you put the auction up for. I made a mistake of putting them on for 2 days on my first few, but I've switched to six or twelve hours and the turnover is obviously quicker.

I've done six or seven and only one cards hasn't sold. I'm counting on die-hard fans that will pay 500 coins just to play with their favorite team's uniforms.

Overall, I've made about 3,000 coins this way in the time in just a few minutes.

It's better than making 800 in a 30 minutes game against the CPU, or playing against another MUT team online and having the other user quit in the third quarter (you get nothing!).

Is it just me or did they take out the receiver speed bursts in this Madden? In the past Madden games, your receiver would do a speed burst at the last second before catching the ball if it was a little in front of him. It makes it more realistic to remove it I guess...but it's just so weird seeing my receiver not even attempt to catch a ball on a slant route if my QB leads him too far by like 2 inches.

I'm in. I have played 3 games online (3-0) but they have all been 'real' football scores. I like the game for the most part, but the only thing I really dont like is the camera and how it gets closer to the player when running downfield.

Other than that I like the game and am very excited for the league to start

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Is it just me or did they take out the receiver speed bursts in this Madden? In the past Madden games, your receiver would do a speed burst at the last second before catching the ball if it was a little in front of him. It makes it more realistic to remove it I guess...but it's just so weird seeing my receiver not even attempt to catch a ball on a slant route if my QB leads him too far by like 2 inches.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed this as well. It also happens if you're receiver is running a streak or fade route and you throw the ball like a foot infront of them, they don't even try to catch the ball.

And the rating system is so flawed in this game (at least in Ultimate Team). My QB is rated 50 and is seriously amazing, I get like 150 QB ratings every game with a variation of short, medium, and deep passes. My MLB is rated 58 seems just as good if not better than Beason, Urlacher, etc. (I play MLB the entire time on defense so I have a pretty good idea of how good each one is). I've gotten at least 2 interceptions every game so far with him...if the ball makes contact with his hands it's an automatic interception. Then there's the last game I just played...my only SS on my depth chart got injured so I had to switch my 3rd CB over to strong safety and put my 4th string WR at 3rd string CB. His rating was a 24 as a cornerback but he completely shut down his receiver the entire game and had 2 crazy interceptions on top of that. Throughout the 5 games or so I've played in Madden Ultimate Team, I haven't had a single player in my entire secondary get even one interception. This game just amazes me in a new way each time I play...(not necessarily in a bad way).

Here's the bracket so far. I'll put it in nice bracket form once it's finalized. I simply did it by the order of which people said they were in and separated the AFC and NFC teams if they met up (only happened once).

Jets (ubernes)
vs
Vikings (pitfallharrry219)

Giants (BigAT4)
vs
Chargers (bvharris888)

Dolphins (feroci0us1)
vs
Redskins (OCD Nightmare)

Texans (RamesuThe1)
vs
Panthers (Master Awesome)

Steelers (gbpackers994)
vs
Falcons (Zurezo)

Bengals (Ivan Hood)
vs
Niners (Mr Grand Cru)

Ravens (Deuce)
vs
Bears (eddie564)

Bills (the red worm)
vs
Team #16

6 more teams would be ideal so we don't have to deal with byes. You don't necessarily have to play with your franchise team with this. You can if you want the practice and it's probably a good idea if you're unfamiliar with them to do so, but even if the owner of the team in the league plays too I shouldn't have a problem separating people, plus you could always do same team vs same team.

These first round matchups are finalized by the way. The only thing that may change is the order of them to avoid divisional opponents meeting in the 2nd round or people with the same team meeting in the 2nd round. I still haven't decided if it's single elimination or double. Let's do single just so we don't have this hold up the real league. So feel free to setup your games now with the person you're matched up with. And feel free to play them earlier than Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for the tournament. Also, great game yesterday, ubernes. I couldn't believe that ridiculous TD run by Benson. Too bad I let the game slip away!

I'll be using the Chargers. BigAT, I'm available for my spanking whenever's convenient for you (this evening after around 7:30 or tomorrow night ideally, I know you said you had a wedding this weekend)

btw ubernes - If Venom never checks in for the league I'd still want to switch to the Pats, so if he ends up backing out keep that in mind before you give them to the waiting list.

[quote name='bvharris']Thanks. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, someone had to play him! I was going to setup the Jets vs Giants game. Thought it would be interesting, but the Vikings sneaked in before him. Seemed like the fairest way to do it.

[quote name='ubernes']Hahaha, someone had to play him! I was going to setup the Jets vs Giants game. Thought it would be interesting, but the Vikings sneaked in before him. Seemed like the fairest way to do it.[/QUOTE]

You didn't have a pen, a piece of paper and a hat? :D

bread's done
Back