Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Wow just played a ridiculous head-to-head game...of course I fumble it in the red zone when I'm up one touchdown with 2 min left in the 4th quarter (which is fine, I don't really consider that b.s.) and then the guy bombs a 50 yard pass to Reggie Wayne with under a minute left (also fine) to get to within one point and then of course he goes for 2 and converts it. So I'm down by 1 with under a minute to go and 3 timeouts...no problem...but he does a normal kickoff STRAIGHT up into the air (I think he aimed it as far up as possible) to the point where there's an insane hangtime but the ball falls down to my 30 yard line. No one is there to catch it (I guess Jonathan Stewart was still trying to run to the ball since he was back at the goal line to receive the kickoff) and it bounces back to my own 3 yard line literally 1 inch from going out of bounds and stops. Somehow Jonathan Stewart is still nowhere in sight and finally one of HIS players runs up and recovers it at my 3 yard line...a normal kickoff turns into a recovery for him somehow on my 3 yard line...what a depressing ending to a game. Then of course this guy who basically just ruined my life sends me a message "man i got lucky" and then even has the nerve to friend request me after the game...which, going against the wishes of my dignity, I regretfully accepted because I am such a lonely guy :'[

Oh and sorry Deuce, you messaged me right in the middle of all this mayhem, I kept trying to message you back but then the ridiculous plays just kept piling up until that kickoff (the climax) and then I didn't have the morale left in me to even muster up a reply. I'll try to catch you sometime tomorrow I guess.

And sorry...this isn't supposed to be one of those emo rants, I just wanted to share in a painful way that it is possible in this game to recover a normal kickoff so maybe you should try that out for some of those harder Madden Moments.[/QUOTE]

That kickoff method is all the rage these days. It seems that half of the online games I join, if people fall behind or feel insecure about their lead, they will pull the stunt you just mentioned. I played with a guy (we were on the same team) in Online Team Play that did this every single kickoff and we quickly ran the score up 41-7 by the end of the first quarter. The AI just doesn't respond to it (and much else, for that matter) for some reason.

This is a gamebreaking move, and really shits all over the online experience unless you have a group of people that wholeheartedly agree to play by the rules of the game (ex. CAGFL!)

I will admit that Brad is my friend, but even if it was somebody I don't get along with, that was very unsportsmanlike. But I doubt I'm a person whose opinion on such matters is valued by anyone here.

On the same note- and I am certainly not trying to restart discussion on what happened- I want to formally apologize to everyone here for my actions lately. As for what I said about my week 1 game, about ubernes and Pacer, I meant those words and I stand by them. However, I realize that I went about things the wrong way after the discussion got heated, and I'm sorry for causing several disruptions for everyone else.

Like I said, I meant what I said before, but I handled the issue terribly. LA excursion aside, I've had some really hard times recently, and I'm not exactly my usual self. I'm on a short fuse and very stressed out. I'll try my best to keep a cool head and sound mind if any other issues arise.

As for my game versus the Bills, we're on for 5 P.M. Eastern/2 P.M. my time. Lexxon said in his PM earlier that he would let ubernes know via PM, but I wanted to post it in the thread in case he was unable to do so.

[quote name='ubernes']I think I agree here.[/QUOTE]

I would agree too if I hadn't spent ten minutes looking at the box score while writing the recap. 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes to go along with forcing a safety during that time doesn't really seem like just a result of his opponent being a bum. There's got to be some reasonable expectation of taking your foot off the gas at some point.

For the record, I don't think there should be a rule against running it up, I just think it's common sense. It's obvious the Browns owner is pretty awful at Madden, but did he need to be pounded to the point of embarrassment? Feels like a simple 40 or 50 point margin might have done the job. For sure most of that was out of deezy's control, but the TD with 35 seconds left? Blaming Gameflow (a feature that's existed for like 5 seconds) is just an excuse.. you know there's an option to kneel it.

I guess you like the chiefs now deezy this should make for an interesting week 3 something like Peyton vs Eli lol and feel free to run the score up over here.

As Matt said, Packers v. Bills is due for around 5 PM EST this afternoon (although I'm available just about any time before with a little warning). Hope this doesn't hold back the advancement too much, but we had some issues scheduling in the past few days (his plans yesterday, my sickness a couple days before, etc.)

For availability:

CAG: Lexxon
XBL: Gumbill
EST
M-F: After 3:00, before 11:00 PM
S-S: Generally Available but w/ GF, so set up a time
AIM/Y!: Lexxon87

When your beating someone like that late at night u don't feel like calling plays....I picked gameflow 95% of the second half....Its not like I threw the ball 40 times I only threw the ball 19 times...I kicked field goals and never went for it on 4th down...it was a 1 yard run wit 35 seconds left calm down...Its not hard to score 81 points when your opponent throws a pick or fumble in his own territory every drive

He must've had timeouts that he wasn't using (Browns), that's why Gameflow called the run. I'm not going to get too involved in this, the Browns owner isn't even in the league anymore apparently. But yes, as a general rule of thumb don't purposely run up the score. Not saying that's what deezy did.

[quote name='ubernes']He must've had timeouts that he wasn't using (Browns), that's why Gameflow called the run. I'm not going to get too involved in this, the Browns owner isn't even in the league anymore apparently. But yes, as a general rule of thumb don't purposely run up the score. Not saying that's what deezy did.[/QUOTE]

Can i have the titans???

No, I went into cardiac arrest playing one of the worst football games I have ever seen.

Look, its your opinion here vs mine, neither is wrong. I hate this game, I honestly think its by far the worst most broken excuse for a football game I have ever played. And the the way 95% of madden players play (yes including most of you and myself up until recently) is so disgusting to me now I simply couldnt take it anymore.

The only way the game is bearable is if both parties agree to not play madden but to play football and thats not going to happen. Trust me, I can out madden most of you ( I guess everyone forgot when I was putting up 70+ points each game last year and only allowing 20ish.) but I cant take another second of guarding/running "madden" football and thats when things are just broken completely. Watching 5-9 defenders fall over like bowling pins because only 1 of them can interact is unacceptable. I realized I was just going through the motions and not really thinking or playing..so whats the point? For fucks sake how many years in a row can you run the same 5 defensive plays and still have fun? Each year its just another offense glitch (yeah I said it!) to overcome, whether its RB screens, QB scrambling, Slant/Drags, that one toss play that breaks the D AI etc etc. Can these be overcome? Yeah but thats not football...

Again, this are my opinions not yours...you guys can play however the hell you want its not wrong...its just...."madden.". I simply cant be a part of it anymore.

after that display I don't think deezy deserves a better team

that's just my opinion and I still say on that last td you didn't even have to hike the ball

I'm not gonna weigh in directly on who should take the Titans, that's up to ubernes. He offered them to me and I passed them up, so whoever takes them is fine. I think deezy has just as legitimate a claim as anyone.

I will say this: I know there's at least one Chargers fan in the league (I forget who it is, maybe the Bucs owner?).. If that person takes the Titans, I'll trade them the Chargers in season two.

I think in general though that we should have a process in place for switching teams. Maybe when a team opens up people have until the end of that week to submit a bid and make their case, that way ubernes can decide on the merits.

In my opinion people really shouldn't be switching teams from week to week. It's not good for the league.

[quote name='Zurezo']Im not a huge fan of switching teams mid season.[/QUOTE]

If it were mid season I'd agree, but it's week 2. I would prefer we have a full league, so we're either going to fill those spots from the waiting list or move someone around.

Maybe you should only be allowed to switch to a team with an equal or lesser record than you? Since the Titans are 0-2, that wouldn't be a problem this time. Additionally, no one could switch more than once under any circumstances.

[quote name='BigAT']In my opinion people really shouldn't be switching teams from week to week. It's not good for the league.[/QUOTE]

I agree, Two of my opponents that i'll play twice this season (already played one once) have already switched owners:D .....kinda frustrating, lol.

I agree with you guys in principle and think switching should be kept to a minimum. I've personally been offered the chance to switch twice (to the Pats in Week 1 and to the Titans after Week 2. Both teams I had wanted before the season, mind you.) and passed it up since I've already committed to the Chargers this season.

Would you guys agree having a full league is preferable? The choices seem to be only allow users from the waiting list to take open teams, or allow users in the league to switch teams once a season and then fill their old teams from the waiting list.

Re: Titans

I'm still under the impression that the guy who claimed them is still waiting for his game and will be joining. I will pm him to see if that's true and hopefuy get an answer today/tomorrow.

Deezy, don't play your week 3 game until you hear from me on the Titans if you want to switch.

AND I agree that I don't love the idea of people switching every week

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theredworm']after that display I don't think deezy deserves a better team

that's just my opinion and I still say on that last td you didn't even have to hike the ball[/QUOTE]

Who gives a f*ck what you think ...

Seahawks vs Broncos (WHAT HAPPENED HERE?)
Bills vs Packers (5pm EST)
Bears vs Cowboys (5pm EST Saturday, THE LAST GAME OF THE WEEK)

we're looking good besides the Shawks/Broncos. I thought they were playing yesterday. We will be advancing at 6pm EST it looks like barring a later game time for Hawks/Broncos.

[quote name='ubernes']Re: Titans

I'm still under the impression that the guy who claimed them is still waiting for his game and will be joining. I will pm him to see if that's true and hopefuy get an answer today/tomorrow.

Deezy, don't play your week 3 game until you hear from me on the Titans if you want to switch.

AND I agree that I don't love the idea of people switching every week[/QUOTE]

Only reason I want to switch is because I think I could make the playoffs wit the titans ...I'm a chargers fan so I hate the cheifs but I wouldn't even want to switch my team if we could make trades

[quote name='410deezy']Who gives a f*ck what you think ...[/QUOTE]

And please keep things civil. He can voice his opinion all he wants.

[quote name='410deezy']Only reason I want to switch is because I think I could make the playoffs wit the titans ...I'm a chargers fan so I hate the cheifs but I wouldn't even want to switch my team if we could make trades[/QUOTE]

Well, if I don't hear from js1 by the time we advance, I'll have you switch to the Titans. bvharris would probably be willing to switch and give you the Chargers at the start of season 2 it looks like. And you can make trades, we're just waiting for the NFL preseason to end.

[quote name='ubernes'] bvharris would probably be willing to switch and give you the Chargers at the start of season 2 it looks like. [/QUOTE]

Yes, I would. Deezy if you take the Titans I'll trade you the Chargers for Season 2. Or I'll take the Pats or Saints if they're open then, but in any case you can have the Chargers next season. :D

[quote name='ubernes']Well, if I don't hear from js1 by the time we advance, I'll have you switch to the Titans. bvharris would probably be willing to switch and give you the Chargers at the start of season 2 it looks like. And you can make trades, we're just waiting for the NFL preseason to end.[/QUOTE]

If the new guy for the Titans needs more time, I don't have a problem with it (he's my week 3 opponent) as I can't play today/tonight anyway.

[quote name='theredworm']what a rude kid you are[/QUOTE]

Lol I'm not rude I jus felt like the only people who should be concerned wit me switching teams is the commisioner and the people in the afc south

[quote name='410deezy']Lol I'm not rude I jus felt like the only people who should be concerned wit me switching teams is the commisioner and the people in the afc south[/QUOTE]

A good way to express that might have been "No offense, but this is really between me and the commissioner. While you're entitled to your opinion, I'd appreciate it if you not try to unduly influence his decision."

You went with option B.

[quote name='bvharris']A good way to express that might have been "No offense, but this is really between me and the commissioner. While you're entitled to your opinion, I'd appreciate it if you not try to unduly influence his decision."

You went with option B.[/QUOTE]

Option F.

[quote name='bvharris']A good way to express that might have been "No offense, but this is really between me and the commissioner. While you're entitled to your opinion, I'd appreciate it if you not try to unduly influence his decision."

You went with option B.[/QUOTE]

Are u the commisioner???

http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=quickupdate

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
- Generally making pass defense more effective
- Reducing number of broken tackles
- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
- Tuning injuries
- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
- Improving play action blocking
- Improving kick return blocking
- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
- Random stability improvements

Lol so the whole game is broken?

Thank god on the PA blocking. It's become almost too risky to use now. Less injuries and broken tackles too. Sounds like all my complaints.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']It seems like the update will be a totaly different game , that should have been ready on release date, lol[/QUOTE]

I agree, the list of issues is pretty telling about how broken the game is.

[quote name='theredworm']http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=quickupdate

Moving forward, we are working on addressing some of the most common feedback in upcoming title updates. You all already know that we are planning on releasing an update to enable old-school pre-play controls right around the start of the NFL season, which also will include the brand new Madden Moments LIVE feature where you can replay the top games from each week. In that update we will also have numerous art, gameplay, and stability fixes included as well. Along with that, we have also planned a second update to come towards the end of September. Below is a list of the top priority issues we seem to be hearing the most about that we are looking at:

- Fixing a bug to allow friend invites to ranked games
- Generally making pass defense more effective
- Reducing number of broken tackles
- Fixing user blitz exploit(s)
- Tuning injuries
- Tuning CPU & GameFlow play-calling logic
- Improving play action blocking
- Improving kick return blocking
- Improving online connectivity issues with kick meter lag, media streaming, etc.
- Random stability improvements[/QUOTE]

The only reason I am still kinda posting in here is the lack of a General Madden Thread. Trying not to be a bother for the league though.

:roll: And none of these things could have been worked on before release? I for one am sick of the Madden teams, "release and fix later" approach. There are game testers for a reason. I very much doubt you can patch in better kick return blocking, as that problem is clearly rooted in the AI of the game not the strength of the blocking. PA blocking shouldnt have been broken in the first place. Anyone could played the game for more than 3 seconds could have told them that months if not a full year ago. Etc...etc...etc.

This is all bullshit. Why do dont they test their game before releasing it. These problems are so obvious that I dont understand how you could have gone through a entire development cycle and not found a problem with Wes Welker shaking of Pattrick Wills 7/10 times. Then they release a patch for something that should(nt) have been there in the first place and expect us to be really happy about it.

[quote name='bvharris']Uploading some of the highlights now. There were so many I could have chosen. I ended up going with the Williamson TD to close out the half, the stop on 4th-and-6 and of course the fumble.

Then it's time to work on some more recaps.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neworlbush25']The fumble makes me cringe[/QUOTE]

The 15 step drop, scramble to the left and then throw a 30 yard strike to the opposite side of the field to a WR running drag AWAY from him makes me cringe. (seriously what magically ability does this QB have?)

[quote name='Soodmeg']The 15 step drop, scramble to the right and then throw a 30 yard strike to the opposite side of the field to a WR running drag AWAY from him makes me cringe. (seriously what magically ability does this QB have?)[/QUOTE]

It was a RB actually. ;)

[quote name='neworlbush25']Why do we have people in this league that criticize the game and everything else. Spaming the thread because they are not satisfied with the game[/QUOTE]

Actually, Sood already quit.

I had absolutely no problem with the play then or now. That was one of the best games of Madden I ever played, if Sood had watched it I think even he would have approved.

and remember these too being fixed

1. Any quitter / disconnecter in a ranked game will automatically be given a loss. The victim will automatically be given a win.
2. We are currently monitoring the leaderboards and planning on zero’ing out the stats of any accounts found to be using quitting tactics (via high DNF / win percentages and game logs). This monitoring will be standard practice moving forward as well, as we have built in notifications to our server team that will automatically zero out any folks caught “boosting”, or using one account to quit immediately and award a win.
3. In a Madden Ultimate Team game, a person quitting will have a game burned off of his contracts for the players in the game to discourage this practice. The victim will always receive coins, prorated based on the percentage complete of the game (i.e. if it’s the 1st quarter, he’ll only get ¼ of the coins he would have gotten if he were to finish, if it’s at the end of the game, he’ll get ~90%, etc). The same note applies as above on anyone caught “boosting” after this fix is rolled out – they will be punished with bans, contract removals, or any other tactics we see fit.
4. We also found an issue where PDLC OTP boosts were being subtracted incorrectly. Anyone that had this happen has had their boost coin purchase refunded.

[quote name='theredworm']
3. In a Madden Ultimate Team game, a person quitting will have a game burned off of his contracts for the players in the game to discourage this practice. .[/QUOTE]

Isn't this part already happening? I've only played the CPU, but several times I've had to quit out to go do something else, and it always burns a game off the contracts.

bread's done
Back