Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Friday deadline is just a goal right now, but figured with advancing a day early we could pull it off. As it approaches we'll see where we're at but extending it into Saturday isn't out of the question.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Game of the Week: Texans (3-0) (RamesuThe1) vs. Raiders (Doomtime) (3-0)
Two of the teams in the AFC that no one expected to be undefeated at this point will face off in week 4. Matt Schaub and the Texans travel to Oakland to face Jason Campbell and the Raiders.

What to watch for: Oakland has had a dominant run game and are killing opponents with big plays on the ground. If Houston can somehow stall the Oakland rushing attack, then look for this game to be very closely contested. The Texans are continuosly trying to find balance on offense; last year they were about 60/40 in favor of passing mostly due to Steve Slaton's fumbling issues, but if Slaton can hold on to the balll and run effectively and the passing game can be efficient, then the Texans will definitely be in it at the end.

The team with the best showing on defense and the fewest turnovers should win.

Predictions anyone?[/QUOTE]

Dominant rushing against a Titans, Rams and Cards - REALLY??? I see the Texans putting a severe beat'n on those pesky Raiders.

[quote name='Doomtime']Wow, too many Raider haters in here lol.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, I actually really hope you win. I just think the Texans are the likely winner, if I were betting in vegas or something.

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']Not at all, I actually really hope you win. I just think the Texans are the likely winner, if I were betting in vegas or something.[/QUOTE]
Well I'm no Raiders fan, but I think they will surprise some people this year. Campbell makes a huge difference.

[quote name='Doomtime']Well I'm no Raiders fan, but I think they will surprise some people this year. Campbell makes a huge difference.[/QUOTE]
Having played both Rames and Doom, it should be a good game. I'd watch it if I could.

[quote name='Doomtime']Well I'm no Raiders fan, but I think they will surprise some people this year. Campbell makes a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Not if you are a Washington Redskin... lol

;)

[quote name='Deuce20602']Zurezo... i saw that ur free after 5, but if ur available any sooner, let me know[/QUOTE]

Ya. Im in grad school and this is the first week back so Im hoping that my teacher will let me out a bit early and then I should be able to play late afternoon/early evening

[quote name='theredworm']got my weak 4 beating out of the way, now I can enjoy the bye week 5[/QUOTE]

sorry red ;( thanks for attempting to not get the touchdown at the end....unfortunately jake long decided to pummel your guy into the end zone....lol. I uploaded the highlight...will upload the highlights (your amazing pass to terell owns among them) to the server tonight.

[quote name='siradam134']sorry red ;( thanks for attempting to not get the touchdown at the end....unfortunately jake long decided to pummel your guy into the end zone....lol. I uploaded the highlight...will upload the highlights (your amazing pass to terell owns among them) to the server tonight.[/QUOTE]

one weird thing about the game last night, the crowd noise wasn't there except when you'd get a td and they'd sing that miami dolphin son

which by the way, I can do without EVER hearing that sung again

Hey, Pacer and I want to approve a trade, so once preseason starts we don't have to delay it just for approval.
Hightower +4th RD pick Vick +2nd RD pick

[quote name='theredworm']one weird thing about the game last night, the crowd noise wasn't there except when you'd get a td and they'd sing that miami dolphin son

which by the way, I can do without EVER hearing that sung again[/QUOTE]

Miami has the Dolphins
The Greatest Football Team
We take the ball from goal to goal
Like no one`s ever seen
We`re in the air, we`re on the ground
We`re always in control
And when you say Miami
You`re talking Super Bowl

`Cause we`re the...

Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One.
Yes we`re the...
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One

[quote name='siradam134']Miami has the Dolphins
The Greatest Football Team
We take the ball from goal to goal
Like no one`s ever seen
We`re in the air, we`re on the ground
We`re always in control
And when you say Miami
You`re talking Super Bowl
[/QUOTE]

Maybe 30 years ago.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Hey, Pacer and I want to approve a trade, so once preseason starts we don't have to delay it just for approval.
Hightower +4th RD pick Vick +2nd RD pick[/QUOTE]
I have no problem with that trade.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Hey, Pacer and I want to approve a trade, so once preseason starts we don't have to delay it just for approval.

Nor do I.

Get Michael Vick as far away from my division as possible, please.

Just verifying that I agree to deal.

I see no problem with this, but let's hear more opinions.

Just to get it out there, I'd like to make a companion deal that might include a low-rated quarterback. Off the top of my head, perhaps the Browns would be a fit given their three QBs.

Players on the block in Philly:
Mike Bell, RB
Jason Avant, WR
Omar Gaither, LB
Quintin Demps, SS

Also willing to do pick-swaps.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Anybody interested in alex smith , brian westbrook, or Michael Lewis ?[/QUOTE]

No, not interested in any of those scrubs.

But I am willing to talk about that Patrick Willis guy...

;)

[quote name='RamesuThe1']In my opinion, it would seem more even if Arizona were giving up Hightower and a 2 for Vick and a 4...leverage?[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but either way is fine.

What's the ratings? I don't think McCoy is that great and I don't think he can catch out of the backfield. Hightower has just as much value to the Eagles imo and I assume he's rated higher.

[quote name='ubernes']What's the ratings? I don't think McCoy is that great and I don't think he can catch out of the backfield. Hightower has just as much value to the Eagles imo and I assume he's rated higher.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Hightower is a 79 and Vick is a 73, but I think Vick is still more valuable because of the extra dimension he brings to the game being able to extend plays and run for first downs etc. (88SPD, 91 ACC) and b/c of the QB Premium.

Jags owner here..

I don't know who I play next but I won't be able to play till Friday.. I'm moving into my dorm Thursday during the day so I have already tore down my xbox and my tv.

Also, do you think you could post the link to the franchise website in the OP? I'm on my droid and I always have trouble finding it

[quote name='ubernes']yeah, but Ronnie Brown has a better arm than Vick.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO...not quite but I get your point. M. Vick is still an extremely capable weapon in this game even with his questionable accuracy, imho.

To be perfectly honest, I mean this is obviously not my call, but I think trades should really only be the business of the teams involved and the commish, himself.

Everyone is going to have peanut gallery opinions, some are going to be valid, some are not going to be so much. I think having the league weigh in is really rather asinine, and pointlessly tedious.

I could give examples of why this is a slippery slope, but I think any reasonable person can form these conclusions for themselves. I say let the commish be the final approval, and let the teams hash it out amongst themselves.

Because frankly, if I am making trade A with team B.

I really do not give a flying f**k if team c thinks it's valid or not, ESPICIALLY if that team c is in the same division as I am. OF COURSE he is going to have a strong opinion about it, we're division rivals for god's sake.

We either all agree our commissioner is a reasonable, fair individual (which he very much seems to be ) or we do not and we have more pressing issues than trades in the first place, if that were in fact true.

[quote name='neworlbush25']Jags owner here..

I don't know who I play next but I won't be able to play till Friday.. I'm moving into my dorm Thursday during the day so I have already tore down my xbox and my tv.

Also, do you think you could post the link to the franchise website in the OP? I'm on my droid and I always have trouble finding it[/QUOTE]

You play against the Colts (me). I can't play Friday as I work weird hours. I'll probably end up playing the CPU this week. Bleh.

[quote name='HydroX']You play against the Colts (me). I can't play Friday as I work weird hours. I'll probably end up playing the CPU this week. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

If you can play around 630 tonight we could get the game in

Essentially the idea was to not have all the decision making rest on me. Making it a little more of a democracy. However, I do agree that other teams don't need to necessarily add in their tweaks to the deal. The deal has been proposed as is. If you have an issue with it, bring it up and explain why. But let's not turn it into a 'what I would have done differently'.

The only real reason it gets brought up in the thread is because it's a measure to make sure some deal that is obviously unfair slips by me somehow. So those that happen to be posting in the thread at the time can briefly weigh in on whether it's fair/unfair. I think we've had enough opinions on this Hightower/Vick swap so I will officially approve it now and we can move onto other things. The trade will be the first to go through once trading opens.

[quote name='neworlbush25']If you can play around 630 tonight we could get the game in[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if I can, my future mother in law just randomly stopped in earlier and is probably planning on staying through the night. If she leaves for dinner or something I can definitely play, but if not, I won't be able to. Im posting this from my Droid as to avoid the interrogation as to why I'm typing so much. Lol.

Edit: So as soon as I post this I overhear her talking about leaving relatively soon to get some dinner. Yes! I might be available to play afterall. I will PM you just in case you don't get back to checking this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Texans and Eagles have finalized a deal that sends Dan Orvlovsky and a 4th rounder to Philadelphia for Quentin Demps and a 3rd rounder, pending CAGFL approval.

[quote name='itlnstln']I bypassed all routers when I noticed we were having an issue before our game - I unplugged the CAT5 from my wireless router and plugged it directly into the modem.[/QUOTE]

See, the thing about that on Pacer's end, unless he somehow has a different variation of the same model I have, is that the modem and router are one and the same. It's an all in one box that tends to run slowly and doesn't always work properly.

In regards to my game with itlnstln/Detroit, he messaged me back and said he's available this week after 6 P.M Eastern. I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote back to him since I don't feel like rewriting it:

As for today, I may be signed in to XBL this afternoon/evening, but I cannot play. I've got some people coming over and at least one staying overnight, so if I'm on, it'll be because I'm playing something here with them. Do you have a preference as far as Wednesday or Thursday is concerned? Pretty sure the guy who's staying will be gone by tomorrow evening and I can probably play then, but if not, I can do Thursday for sure. If Thursday won't work, or Wednesday would be better for you for whatever reason, let me know. But as of right now, wanna just set it for 7 P.M. Eastern on Thursday so we have an established time to report?

Summary: Unless he has something going on Thursday night, we will likely play then. If both of us are able, then we can try for tomorrow.

bread's done
Back